Page 118 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Aggron
    ability: sturdy
    nature: brave/adamant
    EVs: 252atk/140hp/120def
    moves:
    rock slide/stone edge
    ice beam
    protect
    earthquake/heavy slam

personally if you get the matchup right, heavy slam is useful. I like it. Ice beam for base coverage, rockslide/stonedge for the STAB. protect because of lack of speed.
    Last edited by Dragin990; 15th September 2011 at 2:08 AM.
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragin990 View Post
    Aggron @ Choice Band / Life Orb / Chople Berry
    ability: Rock Head
    nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252atk/252hp/4def
    moves:
    Head Smash
    earthquake
    heavy slam
    Aqua Tail / Thunder Wave
    Changes in bold. Use Aqua Tail with Choice Band or Thunder Wave with Life Orb / Chople Berry. That 4x Fighting weakness really cripples him this generation, but it is still solid if you don't let him play around fire (figuratively).

anyone rate this
    emboar@expert belt-mild
    flare blitz
    wild charge
    earthquake
    bulk up
    i think its good, decent pokemon. it can not out run many pokemon but still,serperior with 2 screens moveset probabally cant beat it,samurott depens on the item
    answers please

Look at me! I'm posting something original!

Kadabra@Eviolite
    Magic Guard - Hasty/Naive
    252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/6 Spe or 252 HP/252 Spe/6 Sp.Atk
    0 Def/0 Sp.Def
    -Recover
    -Guard Split
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball/HP Fighting

The beauty of this set is Guard Split. Use it on a hefty foe and voila! Instant bulk! Your opponent will be suffering from some defense drops too, allowing you to hit harder with your STAB. Recover plus Magic Guard pretty much makes you invincible. Nature varies, sap the most Defense you can from an opponent or equalize their Sp.Def so that you can hurt more.

I've done something like this with an Elgyem in Doubles. This is the set.

Elgyem@Eviolite
    Quiet - Telepathy
    252 HP/252 Sp.Atk
    0 Def/0 Sp.Def
    -Recover
    -Guard Split
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball

A magnificent thing in Doubles as Telepathy grants immunity to partner moves like Earthquake and Explosion. No Magic Guard, but Telepathy has a niche in Doubles and Elgyem is kinda cute. :3

As far as I know, Kadabra and Elgyem can fully exploit Guard Split like this. Accelgor can too, having the best speed ever. Too bad the Split moves aren't well distributed. It's a fun move.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly / Adamant Nature (+Spd / +Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw / Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Zen Headbutt

For HO Physical Sweepers. Don't suggest Specs Tios or ANY SPECIAL LATIOS
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

^ it seems okay. all you could do id replace zen headbutt with shadow claw or waterfall seeing there his only other good physical moves

Semi Standerd Durant

Jolly@Wide Lens
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp

Hone Claws
    Stone Edge
    Thunder Fang
    X-Scissor

Wide Lens and Hone Claws Combained provide a good Accuracy Boost. (Wide lens giving 10 percent, Stone Edge Hits Fire Types, and needs the Accuracy Boost. X-Scissor is stab, T-Fang for the Para and Flinch Chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nidoking~ View Post
    Semi Standerd Durant

Jolly@Wide Lens
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp

Hone Claws
    Stone Edge
    Thunder Fang
    X-Scissor

Wide Lens and Hone Claws Combained provide a good Accuracy Boost. (Wide lens giving 10 percent, Stone Edge Hits Fire Types, and needs the Accuracy Boost. X-Scissor is stab, T-Fang for the Para and Flinch Chance.
    should work and i take it you are using hustle for the ability?

Quote Originally Posted by takbir10 View Post
    anyone rate this
    emboar@expert belt-mild
    flare blitz
    wild charge
    earthquake
    bulk up
    i think its good, decent pokemon. it can not out run many pokemon but still,serperior with 2 screens moveset probabally cant beat it,samurott depens on the item
    answers please
    anyone rate thisssss

Quote Originally Posted by archeopsdan View Post
    go with cheezelords suggestions for the crawdaunt but heres yet another NU pokemon

@leftovers
    timid, technician
    252 Sp.atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
    -nasty plot
    -icy wind
    -charge beam/thunderbolt
    -psyshock

something i only just noticed is that like persian mr.mime gets nasty plot and technician, so psyshock gets stab and hurts special walls nicely and the other moves get technician boost so go for icy wind and either charge beam for boltbeam coverage while further raising your sp.atk, but actually thunderbolt has 5 more power so maybe that instead

other options:
    psychic, stab again but blocked by special walls
    magical leaf, 90 power grass never miss move yes please
    You're better off running HP-Ice at 60 for stronger power. Charge Beam's is also a good option, but only when running CAlm Mind over Nasty Plot. If running NP, just go with Shock Wave (not sure if it learns it tho). You can go with Confusion for NP sets, or Psyshock if running CM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_man View Post

Confagrigus @ Mental Herb
    Sassy | Mummy
    252 HP / ? SpD / ? Def
    Trick Room
    Will-O-Wisp
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball

For a Trick Room Doubles Team. I've been told that his standard 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def set shouldn't be used when using Calm Mind and should invest a bit more in defense.

Exactly how much is what I would like to know.
    252 HP/232 SpD/4 Def Calm O IVs Spe
    It's perfectly okay. What's not okay is that you are using CM with only one move. Blissey will wall you to death. Plus, Cofagrigus really has no offensive options, so try running an extra support move. Haze is a really good move for a metagame with quite o few boosting sweepers and BP teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    How's this RU Gothitelle for my Trick Room team?

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
    Frisk
    Relaxed
    252 HP/136 Def/4 SpA/116 SpD
    Psyshock
    Trick Room
    Flatter
    Psych Up/Calm Mind

This is my lead. Trick Room is Trick Room, useful for a Trick Room team. Flatter causes rages against physical attackers. Psych Up boosts Special Attack from Flatter, and Psyshock is STAB.However, CM could boost more stats more reliably. The main boon here is Frisk. With this, can see the held item of my opponent, which is invaluable for prediction.

I'm leaning more torwards CM, but what do you guys think?
    I really don't know why you're running Flatter though. Switch Flatter with HP-Fighting or some other specially oriented Fighting move. I think your last moveslot really depends on what mode you're running. Psych Up in Double Battle ( only if your other pkmn has a boosting move), and CM in Singles. However, using Flatter + Psych UP to boost your stat is really risky. First, if you use it on anything Specially orientated, you're gonna be in a world of hell. They will enjoy the free SpA boost while receiving minimal damage from confusion (the status condition that does 40 BP of PHYSICAL damage if the pkmn hurts itself in confusion). As for Physical Sweepers, the confusion will undoubtedly annoy them, but once they break or miss a confusion hit, Goth is pretty much dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Yes, it is Cottonee. DEAL WITH IT.
    Cottonee@Evolite
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 252 def 252 sp. def spe
    Ability: Prankster

1. Leech Seed
    2. Substitute
    3. Stun Spore
    4. Taunt

Here's the reasons i use Cottonee>Whimsicott.

1. Cottonee has higher defensees and lower hp, which is better for subseeding
    2. I don't need the attack power because it doesn't need to attack.
    3. It's way cooler to troll someone with something so horrible.
    It is basically a subseeder to annoy people. I tested out and un-ev'd one in the wifi train in battle subway and it worked very well. It usually recovers almost as much hp as it loses with sub. Stun spore is a necessity for getting up a sub. Taunt ruins walls and pokes who try to stall it out by using recovery moves. Good luck beating this thing
    lolol so standard. Run Memento over Stun Spore, if you're feeling like Cotton's gonna die. Allows your setup sweepers to effectively set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragin990 View Post
    Aggron
    ability: sturdy
    nature: brave/adamant
    EVs: 252atk/140hp/120def
    moves:
    rock slide/stone edge
    ice beam
    protect
    earthquake/heavy slam

personally if you get the matchup right, heavy slam is useful. I like it. Ice beam for base coverage, rockslide/stonedge for the STAB. protect because of lack of speed.
    I'm pretty sure Aggron gets Heavy Metal for its DW ability. Try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by takbir10 View Post
    anyone rate this
    emboar@expert belt-mild
    flare blitz
    wild charge
    earthquake
    bulk up
    answers please
    Change Mild to Adamant
    Use Leftovers over Espert Belt
    Use a 252 HP/252 Att/4 Def spread for maximum offense
    or a 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def for average bulk to survive a few hit so you can pull of a BUlk Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Murder Heavangelon View Post
    Look at me! I'm posting something original!

Kadabra@Eviolite
    Magic Guard - Hasty/Naive
    252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/6 Spe or 252 HP/252 Spe/6 Sp.Atk
    0 Def/0 Sp.Def
    -Recover
    -Guard Split
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball/HP Fighting

The beauty of this set is Guard Split. Use it on a hefty foe and voila! Instant bulk! Your opponent will be suffering from some defense drops too, allowing you to hit harder with your STAB. Recover plus Magic Guard pretty much makes you invincible. Nature varies, sap the most Defense you can from an opponent or equalize their Sp.Def so that you can hurt more.

I've done something like this with an Elgyem in Doubles. This is the set.

Elgyem@Eviolite
    Quiet - Telepathy
    252 HP/252 Sp.Atk
    0 Def/0 Sp.Def
    -Recover
    -Guard Split
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball

A magnificent thing in Doubles as Telepathy grants immunity to partner moves like Earthquake and Explosion. No Magic Guard, but Telepathy has a niche in Doubles and Elgyem is kinda cute. :3

As far as I know, Kadabra and Elgyem can fully exploit Guard Split like this. Accelgor can too, having the best speed ever. Too bad the Split moves aren't well distributed. It's a fun move.
    Hey haven't seen you in a long time Heavangelon. I don't really have a problem with both sets (kinda. I'll come back to these sets becuz im in a rush).
    Minor nitpick- change Kadabras nature to either Timid or Modest. Naive lowers its defense to the point where it jeopardizes the set altogether. You're better off keeping the defensive stats as is since Kadabra already has pitiful defenses to begin with, you know what i mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Latios (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly / Adamant Nature (+Spd / +Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw / Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Zen Headbutt

For HO Physical Sweepers. Don't suggest Specs Tios or ANY SPECIAL LATIOS
    Substitute would work nicely for the last slot, as it can set up a sub and continuously DD until it can pretty much clean up the battle for you.

Or Recover.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nidoking~ View Post
    Semi Standerd Durant

Jolly@Wide Lens
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp

Hone Claws
    Stone Edge
    Thunder Fang
    X-Scissor

This is Standard really.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

Image is far too wide. Whitespace within an image counts, it stretches screens. Please check the signature rules.
    [IMG*]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii592/xPureProdigy69/Eaglehawksfinisheduserbarinwhite.gif[/IMG*]

Spoiler:- In Memoriam:

If you're new to competitive battling and want me to check out your Rate My Team thread, don't be afraid to VM or PM me. I'll be happy to help.

Ok 1st, your running mild nature on a physicl attacker like emboar.
    2nd, with mild nature(+spatk,-def) I wouldn't give it bulk up.
    I think this set would suit Emboar better

Emboar:
    item: focus sash/leftovers
    ability: blaze
    EVs: 252atk/252def/4hp
    moves:
    flareblitz
    earthquake
    wild charge
    protect/stone edge

Drop bulk up. It wont need it necessarily if you max out on EVs. You know how to EV train?
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

I was working out the EVs on my Maractus, but I can't decide if I want to max certain stats out, or if I want to just spread everything to get in as much as possible.

Maractus has a Timid nature, and has Water Absorb. Pairing it with Surf and Tailwind, I can get her to heal and strike first a few times (i think). I was thinking of running this set:

120 HP, 30 Def, 100 Sp.Att, 100 Sp.Def and 154 Spd
    - Leech Seed
    - Cotton Guard
    - Giga Drain
    - Protect/Toxic

Do you think this would work, or should I max out certain EVs instead?

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Been thinking about an Eviolite wall. I don't know how it would go, but that is what this thread is for.
    Frillish@Eviolite
    252HP/200Def/56SpDef
    Bold
    Water Absorb
    -Night Shade
    -Pain Split/Recover
    -Toxic
    -Scald/Icebeam
    Pretty much the same as Jellicent, except with lower HP and Sp.Attack. With the EV spread, Frillish gets up to 306Def (which is more than Jellicent) and 330Sp.Def (which is less than Jellicent). NightShade is one of his most reliable attacks, since his Sp.Attack gets up to a max of 166 on this set. Pain Split can recover massive amounts of HP on foes, although with 314HP he could also heal some unintentionally. Recover is the other option, healing half his HP and not affecting the opponent. Toxic is to break down other walls. Scald is for some water type damage, and gives a dual status effect. Icebeam is for coverage. These EV are just stated to try and balance out the two stats, although could be changed to give better offensive capabilities.

Red / Blue monster

Tauros @ Life Orb
    Sheer Force
    Naive
    252 Speed / 164 Attack / 92 Special Attack

Rock Climb
    Fire Blast
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake

EVs allow Tauros to OHKO Gliscor, Salamence, Forretress, Landorus and Breloom (usually OHKOing max HP Dragonite after rocks) while 2HKOing Skarmory, Ferrothorn and SOME Bronzong. Rock Climb is a 120 base power attack with 85% accuracy.. it hits approximately as hard as a Scarf Garchomp Outrage does. Life Orb has no recoil damage on the first three moves. It does on Earthquake but the only things that will be hitting is Heatran and I guess Tyranitar / Terrakion (OHKO and 2HKO respectively on max HP variants of both).

With Stealth Rocks down not much can switch in on this safely. Even Reuniclus takes 40.3% - 47.6% from Rock Climb. because Tauros is for the most part immune to Life Orb recoil it can play like it did in Red and Blue.. just crapping out attacks early game and sweeping late game with its high power STAB.

Here's some damage calculations!

Blue are Pokemon that are OHKOed switching in on Stealth Rocks and possibly Sandstorm. Black are 2HKOs.

Rock Climb
    vs Specs Latios: 78.5% - 92.7% (and due to HP Fire, you outrun it)
    vs Bold Blissey: 50% - 58.8%
    vs Calm Blissey: 59.9% - 70.5%
    vs Thundurus: 88.3% - 104.3%
    vs Starmie: 86.6% - 102.3%
    vs 120 HP Conkledurr: 53.8% - 63.8% (and Mach Punch never does more than 64%)
    vs intimidate Gyarados: 48.3% - 57.1%
    vs Moxie Gyarados: 71.9% - 85.2%
    vs 252/168 Rotom W: 47.4% - 56.3%
    vs Scarf Rotom W: 77.2% - 90.9%
    vs Infernape: 89.1% - 104.8%
    vs Ninetales: 87.1% - 102.8%
    vs Volcarona: 90% - 106.4%
    vs Gastrodon: 63.6% - 74.9%
    vs Scarf Politoed: 77.6% - 91.6%
    vs 252 HP Espeon: 88.9% - 105.1%
    vs Virizion: 80.2% - 94.7%

^Most of those Pokemon are OHKOed after Stealth Rocks, all are 2HKOed.

Fire Blast
    vs Phys Def SKarmory: 70.7% - 83.2%
    vs Spec Def Forretress: 97.2% - 115.3%
    vs 252 HP Ferrothorn: 88.6% - 104.5%
    vs 252 HP Scizor: 124.8% - 146.9% (Bullet Punch caps at 68%)
    vs 12 HP Breloom: 100.8% - 118.9% (Mach Punch does 61% max)
    vs 252 HP Celebi: 44.1% - 52%
    vs 252 Metagross: 52.7% - 62.6%
    vs Balloon Excadrill: 68.7% - 80.9%

^OHKOs or otherwise terminal damage on many common switch ins.

Ice Beam
    vs 252 HP Gliscor: 100.6% - 118.6%
    vs Salamence: 102.7% - 120.8%
    vs 252 HP Dragonite: 72.5% - 86% (however it easily lives if its armor is intact)
    vs Landorus: 104.1% - 122.9%
    vs Hippowdon: 42.9% - 51% (ok, but who still uses this thing..)

^Yeah, its pretty much just for Gliscor but OHKOing the next three could be useful, especially since Tauros outruns them all.

Earthquake
    vs 252 HP Heatran: 107.8% - 127.5%
    vs 252 HP Magnezone: 112.8% - 133.7%
    vs Excadrill: 92% - 108.6%
    vs 252/120 Tentacruel: 72.5% - 85.7%
    vs Terrakion: 73.7% - 87.3%
    vs 252 HP Tyranitar: 50% - 58.9%

^... better than nothing?

Ok its not a serious set but Sheer Force really boosted Tauros's ability to breat through walls this gen. Best of all is the Sheer Force Life Orb damage immunity. Its far more difficult to beat Tauros with "defensive switching" to wear it down when it doesn't get worn down at all. So it hits about 15% harder than Gengar, is as fast as it (and outruns HP Fire Latios), has no Life Orb recoil (usually) and can 2HKO pretty much the whole tier with Rock Climb + coverage.

Sadly it has bad accuracy, relatively low damage output (compared to something like Terrakion), bad typing and is stopped cold by stuff like Porygon 2, Chansey, Scarfers etc. Its still really cool though.

Reminds me of the good old days of r/b. Awesome set.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Spoiler:- Seeking Vivilions::

Gallade @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 4 Def
    Nature: Brave
    -Trick Room
    -Hypnosis
    -Swords Dance
    -Drain Punch
    Made as an anti-lead taking out most Pokemon and setting itself up for a sweep. Trick Room is Trick Room. :/ Hypnosis is to shut down the opponent to set up some Swords Dance. Drain Punch is for some nice recovery, which is useful if you're Focus Sash was broken but not used for whatever reason. Hypnosis also helps with those pesky Ghost-types that try to wall Gallade, in which case Gallade can switch into an appropriate counter while the opposing Ghost type is downed. Notable Pursuit Scizor.
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

Hmm...

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Nature: Don't quite remember. But it boosts Speed.
    - Spore
    - Shell Smash
    - Baton Pass
    - Belly Drum

Her job is to power up offensive Pokés to make them ridiculously strong and fast. Everything is pretty self-explanitory except maybe Belly Drum. Belly Drum is not used as often as Shell Smash, but I use it when I predict I'll live after I use it. I've managed to rape teams after using her to set up my Pokés.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Hmm...

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Nature: Don't quite remember. But it boosts Speed.
    - Spore
    - Shell Smash
    - Baton Pass
    - Belly Drum

Her job is to power up offensive Pokés to make them ridiculously strong and fast. Everything is pretty self-explanitory except maybe Belly Drum. Belly Drum is not used as often as Shell Smash, but I use it when I predict I'll live after I use it. I've managed to rape teams after using her to set up my Pokés.

Timid, Jolly, Naive, Hasty all of them boost Speed

Anyway, I'm trying to make an Azelf I can't do it with Stealth Rock so, I need a 4th move x__X Any Suggestions?

Azelf @Light Clay
    Timid Nature
    Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
    » Light Screen
    » Reflect
    » Taut
    »

So that's all I have

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.
    Looking: Dragon [dragonite] and Water [Frogadier]
    VM me to add you

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post

Anyway, I'm trying to make an Azelf I can't do it with Stealth Rock so, I need a 4th move x__X Any Suggestions?

Azelf @Light Clay
    Timid Nature
    Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
    » Light Screen
    » Reflect
    » Taut
    »

So that's all I have
    You could always try stuff like Fire Blast or Psyshock. Those 4 in SAtk would then be useful! But really those two, either one.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

U-turn! Also change the nature to jolly and put the 4 in atk.

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    You could always try stuff like Fire Blast or Psyshock. Those 4 in SAtk would then be useful! But really those two, either one.

Thank you, I would use Fire Blast for a while (:

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    U-turn! Also change the nature to jolly and put the 4 in atk.

Thank you, but honestly, I can't change that as the Azelf I was talking is on my White version, I can't change that D; but thank you anyway (maybe I will restart my Diamond to get a Jolly Azelf c: )

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.
    Looking: Dragon [dragonite] and Water [Frogadier]
    VM me to add you

dwebble @ eviolite
    nature: impish
    Evs:252hp 4def 252 spdef
    moves:counter, stealthrock, x-scissor, rest
    ability: shell armor

is this a good set or not it is meant for a sandstall team
    Last edited by Usatoday; 19th September 2011 at 11:59 PM.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    dwebble @ eviolite
    nature: impish
    Evs:252hp 252def 4 spdef
    moves:counter, stealthrock, x-scissor, rest
    ability: shell armor

is this a good set or not it is meant for a sandstall team
    I think I would put Spikes on there somewhere especially if it's a stall team unless you already have Ferrothorn with Spikes. Either move Stealth Rock to someone else or ditch rest. Depending on the team, your set may be fine.
    FC: 0433 0011 8514

Looking for:
    • Blissey w/Wish
    • Jolly/Careful Jirachi w/Body Slam

To Offer:
    I RNG so if you have one of these things, PM me and I can send you a list of what I have or you can request a Breeding/Capture Project.

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Poison Jab
    - Explosion

This guy is extremely scary at +2 in the rain, hitting 824 Attack (with Life Orb) and 538 Speed, letting it easily sweep an unprepared team. Its STAB moves together are almost unresisted, with Waterfall being boosted by the rain to huge levels. Poison Jab lets it destroy pesky Grass-type foes, Explosion lets it remove a troublesome opponent, and its typing lets it absorb Toxic Spikes. It also has better Speed than most Swift Swimmers. Just bad it belongs to UU.

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

I think you've made a miscalculation somewhere, his attack won't reach 824 after one SD. If you wer factoring the life orb into that then that isn't right because that boosts final damage by not attack. Still it would still be very high, just not quite that high. Anyway it's a good set however it has a big flaw; unless you plan on using it in ubers (which is unadvisable) then you can't have a team mate with drizzle which sort of ruins him. You would have to rely on standard rain dance (which lasts 8 turns at best and then after the switch to qwilfish and the set up turn that's only six turns if attacking) or an opponent's drizzle which is too risky. Also change poison jab to... Anything... Because poison is a terrible attacking type (only super effective on one type and resisted by many).

Page 118 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast