Page 12 of 185 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

This is my first post in the forums so I apologize if the format isn't correct.

Ok, earlier I was watching some wifi battles on youtube and i saw a Flareon. It was Choice Banded and was doing pretty good, then the opponent sent out a special sweeper and Flareon was able to take its hits. So I was inspired to try to make a Special Wall. So here it is.....

Flareon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs:252HP/252SpD/4Spd
    Nature: Careful
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Wish
    - Heal Bell/Return/Fire Fang/SuperPower
    - Return/Fire Fang/SuperPower

Ok, First off the Nature will allow maximum SpD. while sacrificing its SpA witch is useless in this set.
    Next, The EVs, the HP and SpD EVs are needed for survivability, while the 1 speed point could help outspeed others( idk what exactly).
    Now for the moves,
    -Will-O-Wisp is to give hurt over time, while lowering attack to make up for Flareons poor Defensive stat.
    -Wish is for either healing itself to burn-stall or to heal another party-member.
    -The next moves I'm still not sure of. Heal Bell could turn Flareon into a cleric but with the attacking moves i wont be taunt-bait and be able to cover more types.

Thanks for any advice

^ I would suggest fire fang and protect for the last two move slots, fire fang so you are not taunt bait and protect to stall burn and wish.

Anyway, how about this:

Braviary @ life orb
    sheer force
    jolly, 252 spd, 252 atk, 4 hp
    ~crush claw
    ~rock slide/aerial ace
    ~superpower
    ~U-turn

Someone had a set similar to this on a team thread and I liked it so I added a few tweaks. This set takes advantage of the fact that sheer force negates life orb damage which is good, also it boosts cruch claw which can do scary damage with STAB and life orb, rock slide is also boosted by sheer force but aerial ace has STAB, superpower is for steels and U-turn is to damage and a (sometimes) free switch, also it works well with the rest of my team because I have a hydreigon and mienshao also with U-turn and a zoroark so it can keep swapping what it's illusion will be without having to waste a turn switching normaly.

Edit: I am considering brave bird instead of rock slide/aerial ace.
    Last edited by cheeselord; 27th March 2011 at 5:40 PM. Reason: didn't want to doublepost
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

The Braviary looks like a pretty good set.

I have an experimental set that I wanna run by someone.

Volcarona@Chesto Berry/Leftovers
    Flame Body
    Bold
    252HP/252Def/4Spe
    Quiver Dance
    Fiery Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Rest/Morning Sun

This set lets Volc easily set up tons of QDs, taking advantage of its great SDef and recovery. Flame Body further prevents physical attacks from doing a ton of damage by burning opponents. Which should be used, ChestoRest or Morning Sun with Leftovers? ChestoRest takes up an item slot and can only be used once, but it heals status as well as full HP. Morning Sun heals less HP but frees up an item slot and can be spammed.

Suggestions?

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

This would be good on a sun team as morning sun heals more and you could use fire blast which gets 100% accuarcy (I think) also you could use wise glasses because morning sun heals loads in sun and you could do with the extra power.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Is this a good move set for my Ferrothorn?

1.Power Whip
    2.Gyro Ball
    3. Thunder Bolt (I'm not sure if this works well for Ferrothorn?)
    4.Thunder Wave

Also whats the best nature for ferrothorn? thanks
    Pokemon Black and White Team

Quote Originally Posted by RamPoke View Post

1.Power Whip
    2.Gyro Ball
    4.Thunder Wave

truthfully, no, it is not, ferrothorn is mostly a wall, but its attack is higher than its special attack, and there would be no need for thunder wave with gyro ball, just makes it worse, and thunderbolt isnt needed, if you have stealth rock out, flying types are less likely to come out

^(gotten from rayquaza is green)^

1.Power Whip
    2.Gyro Ball
    4.Thunder Wave

T-bolt is pointless, Ferro's Special Attack is very poor. Try going with the two STABs, Curse, and Leech Seed.

The nature depends on what you want to use it for and what EVs you give it. To balance both defenses, use Sassy, or use Relaxed if you want max Def.
    Last edited by ASB; 28th March 2011 at 3:57 AM.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    T-bolt is pointless, Ferro's Special Attack is very poor. Try going with the two STABs, Curse, and Leech Seed.

The nature depends on what you want to use it for and what EVs you give it. To balance both defenses, use Sassy, or use Relaxed if you want max Def.
    ^^ He brings up many valid points, though Stealth Rock / Spikes is generally more useful along with Leech Seed and Gyro Ball and / or Power Whip.

Former Champion of SerebiiForums.com

[img]http://i56.*******.com/2yy1js9.jpg[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/user/KingsOfPokemon
    Subscribe for the highest level competitive matches!

1.Power Whip
    2.Gyro Ball
    4.Thunder Wave

Thunderbolt is definitely a no-go for Ferrothorn. His SpAtk stat is pretty low (almost half of its Attack) and it doesn't get STAB. I suppose Thunderwave COULD be used, but I would at least pick up leech seed for some boosted survivablity.

Curse/gyro ball is nice on ferro too, and more reliable than power whip
    White FC: 4513 0117 6965

Sum Forte Et Liber

Quote Originally Posted by lunar22 View Post
    ^^ He brings up many valid points, though Stealth Rock / Spikes is generally more useful along with Leech Seed and Gyro Ball and / or Power Whip.
    Ok I'll breed one and add leech seed than, and maybe iron head.
    Last edited by RamPoke; 28th March 2011 at 12:50 PM.

Hey would this moveset work for my Scrafty?

Hi jump kick
    Drain Punch
    Bulk Up
    Rest (using it because of his ability shed skin)

There's no point using 2 STAB moves together. You can go with something like Rock Slide or Crunch.
    I'm tired of signatures...

Hey would this moveset work for my Scrafty?

Hi jump kick
    Drain Punch
    Bulk Up
    Rest (using it because of his ability shed skin)
    I would change out hi jump kick for crunch(Since drain punch gives you the extra survivability). With only fighting moves you get destroyed if someone switches in a ghost (namely Gengar), and with Crunch you get super-effective STAB hits on ghosts/psychics. *edit* you could also try payback since Scrafty has pretty poor base speed. It also gets STAB and if it you take damage first it's doubled (crunch would be 120 with STAB, payback would be 150 with STAB and secondary effect)

I'm trying to come up with my own scrafty build at the moment too (it's mostly the EVs giving me trouble), the dual 115 def stats are just too good to pass up =)
    Last edited by Evandamonster; 28th March 2011 at 5:45 PM.

Sum Forte Et Liber

Shuckle@Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Impish (+Def/-Sp.Atk)
    EVs: 252 Defence/252 Speed (Baton Pass) or 252 Defence/252 HP (Trick Room)

-Power Trick
    -Withdraw
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

Just looking at its pokedex page, I had an entire that may or may not work, that's why I'm asking here. The basic idea is, boost with one or two, maybe even three if you're lucky, Withdraws to get Defence up to 921, 1381, or 2072 for each boost, then use Power Trick to get stupidly high Attack, then sweep. The only issues I can see is with its speed- it'll probably get KOed before it can wreak havoc. To counter this, I think it would fit in well on a Baton Pass team (have a few speed boosts passed to it) or a Trick Room team (much better, I think this would be a huge powerhouse).

Breeding:
    Anything! PM me with the Pokemon, gender, nature and/or nickname. I cannot breed IVs, though I can go by the highest IV (the extra detail on the Pokemon's summary).

Trade times (GMT):
    06:00-07:00 and 17:00-23:00 Weekdays
    13:00-23:00 Weekends
    I will ONLY trade within these times.

White FC: 3396-2964-5376

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverSwampert View Post
    Shuckle@Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Impish (+Def/-Sp.Atk)
    EVs: 252 Defence/252 Speed (Baton Pass) or 252 Defence/252 HP (Trick Room)

-Power Trick
    -Withdraw
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

Just looking at its pokedex page, I had an entire that may or may not work, that's why I'm asking here. The basic idea is, boost with one or two, maybe even three if you're lucky, Withdraws to get Defence up to 921, 1381, or 2072 for each boost, then use Power Trick to get stupidly high Attack, then sweep. The only issues I can see is with its speed- it'll probably get KOed before it can wreak havoc. To counter this, I think it would fit in well on a Baton Pass team (have a few speed boosts passed to it) or a Trick Room team (much better, I think this would be a huge powerhouse).
    This has been thought up before in the past by many people already. It only has a little potential, and for the few games you can actually get it to work, you'd rather have used the slot for a better Pokemon honestly.

So, a fun set I thought of for Haxorus, to make use of his (lesser used) Abillity for a surprising sweep.

Haxorus@Lum Berry
    -Jolly
    -Rivalry
    6Hp/252Atk/252Spd
    -Dragon Dance
    -Attract
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake

So, I've always wanted a Pokemon with Rivalry and a reliable set up move for this one reason- Attract. So it's a simple strategy; because Rivalry shows on screen when Haxorus is sent in, send it in on a wall that it can threaten, Rivalry shows up and the opponent will likely switch to a Pokemon of the Opposite Gender. DD on the switch, then Attract, DD couple more times, then murder. Lum Berry for outrage confusion and random TW's or WoW's that get fired off in an attempt to stop it. Lum Berry was preferred over Life Orb cause I found people got annoyed with the attract hax and just wanted to status it so they didn't have to worry about Haxorus. It works best as a female due to most pokemon being preset as Male by PokeSav.
    Yeah, it works pretty well and it's pretty funny to get up to +4 with something as frail as Haxorus. It's based on luck a lot, but it's more of a fun competetively viable set.
    Thoughts?
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

This may be standard, as I haven't looked into it, but is this Scrafty set decent?

Scrafty
    Moxie
    Relaxed
    @Leftovers
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef EVs

Moveset
    Drain Punch
    Payback
    Bulk Up
    Torment/Ice Punch

So it's basically a really balanced wall. I put the EVs in SpDef and HP because after a Bulk Up, Attack and Def will be at about the same point. Drain punch is used to recover HP, and also act as Scrafty's main STAB (possibly in lieu of rest). I chose Payback over Crunch because of Scrafty's low base speed, accompanied by a relaxed nature(+Def, -Spd), which will lead to scraggy typically being hit first (thus, a 150 base power, as compared to crunch's 120 when taking STAB into consideration). Now to add in a bit of an annoying aspect I'm considering torment over rest.

An opponent may switch in a flyer or fighter, who after the torment would only be able to hit me with his stab/super-effective move (assuming he's only using one) every other turn. This would give me time to heal up with two drain punches for each attack, or throw in a bulk up in between if my HP is holding up well enough. I'm assuming that with my defenses and bulk the less-than-optimal attacks the enemy may hit me with in-between its main STAB/super-effective attack will be minuscule and allow me to outlast him while I wear him down with the Drain Punches (or Paybacks if he switches in a ghost), and build up my defense/attack at the same time.

This is all based on theory, and I've never tried to use torment competitively so this may be completely useless. That's why I'm posting it here before actually going to the trouble of testing it out =) Any advice is appreciated
    Last edited by Evandamonster; 28th March 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Sum Forte Et Liber

This set looks good but I hate it when my haxorus is outsped and OHKOd by faster dragons, most notable garchomp and hydreigon, so I came up with this set:

Haxorus @ focus sash
    Mold breaker
    Jolly, 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    ~Dragon dance
    ~Earthquake
    ~Outrage
    ~Double chop/brick break

Basicaly the main thing on this set us the focus sash which allows you to take the oncoming draco meteor/outrage, use dragon dance and then OHKO with outrage. 'Quake is there for coverage (and it works excelently with mold breaker) and the last move either breaks the subs of deffensive dragons (eg. Dragonite) or is super effective on ferrothorn/forretress/blissey which I find more useful.

To be honest though your set looks better!

EDIT: this is reffering to the post two posts above, I got ninja'd!
    Last edited by cheeselord; 28th March 2011 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    This set looks good but I hate it when my haxorus is outsped and OHKOd by faster dragons, most notable garchomp and hydreigon, so I came up with this set:

Haxorus @ focus sash
    Mold breaker
    Jolly, 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    ~Dragon dance
    ~Earthquake
    ~Outrage
    ~Double chop/brick break

Basicaly the main thing on this set us the focus sash which allows you to taoe the oncoming draco meteor/outrage, use dragon dance and then OHKO with outrage. 'Quake is there for coverage (and it works excelently with mold breaker) and the last move either breaks the subs of deffensive dragons (eg. Dragonite) or is super effective on ferrothorn/forretress/blissey which I find more useful.

To be honest though your set looks better!
    Sash is just too unreliable on anything that isn't a lead :/ SR, Spikes and SS prevail this meta so Sash isn't going to do anything, your best bet for surviving an attack from a Dragon is Sub (Idk if the anti-dragon Gem will help it survive an Outrage/Draco Meteor?), otherwise you're always going to lose to dragons. Even then, Sub is kinda pointless since on the turn they switch to a Dragon you could've just DD'd anyway.
    I find Brick Break to just be lacking too much in Power, it barely does anything to Ferrothorn, and Evo-stone Chansey is more common than Blissey, and unless it carries T-wave (they tend to prefer Toxic) it can't really do anything to you, anyways.
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

It's quite strange realy, when the base stats were revealed people thought haxorus would dominate with 147 atk and a decent 98 spd but realy, it's not that good.

It's quite strange realy, when the base stats were revealed people thought haxorus would dominate with 147 atk and a decent 98 spd but realy, it's not that good.
    That is mainly because it lacks the bulk to truly make use of its amazing attacking abilities. Anyway, going off of what you said about your set above, that is generally good, but its important to remember a Focus Sash is rendered useless if you take any sort of prior damage in the least, meaning no switching into attacks, and Stealth Rock and Spikes instantly render it useless.

Was wondering if this was at all viable for any team.

Tyranitar w/ Leftovers (maybe?)
    Ability: Sand stream
    Nature: Careful or Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/ 160 Def/ 92 Sp.Def (or something like that)
    -Stealth rock
    -Toxic
    -Dragontail
    -Substitute/Stone edge

Basically I wanna set up SR and then start the toxic > dragontailing cycle. I understand leftovers isnt gonna cut it health wise which is why substute is an option. I dont expect this to stall anything, but this would be a fun way of spreading toxic and getting pokes to force switch into SR. This might work better if wish was on the team? I dunno. Im not expecting positive feedback or nothin, but if I dont have multiple people tell me this will never work, I feel like ill never get it out of my head haha.
    Pokemon White FC: 5114 2794 1788
    I be all night!
    Pokemon VCG 2011 - Round 1: (haha top 50% of my age group around the world?) Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gren Draco View Post
    So, a fun set I thought of for Haxorus, to make use of his (lesser used) Abillity for a surprising sweep.

Haxorus@Lum Berry
    -Jolly
    -Rivalry
    6Hp/252Atk/252Spd
    -Dragon Dance
    -Attract
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake

So, I've always wanted a Pokemon with Rivalry and a reliable set up move for this one reason- Attract. So it's a simple strategy; because Rivalry shows on screen when Haxorus is sent in, send it in on a wall that it can threaten, Rivalry shows up and the opponent will likely switch to a Pokemon of the Opposite Gender. DD on the switch, then Attract, DD couple more times, then murder. Lum Berry for outrage confusion and random TW's or WoW's that get fired off in an attempt to stop it. Lum Berry was preferred over Life Orb cause I found people got annoyed with the attract hax and just wanted to status it so they didn't have to worry about Haxorus. It works best as a female due to most pokemon being preset as Male by PokeSav.
    Yeah, it works pretty well and it's pretty funny to get up to +4 with something as frail as Haxorus. It's based on luck a lot, but it's more of a fun competetively viable set.
    Thoughts?
    I like your style! I now also think I'm the only person who uses fully female teams. >.>
    The best tier
    Dasdardly on PO, as well. :3

it's actually base 97, which sucks, since it's almost always outrun by Hydreigon (98 base), 1 Draco Meteor and Haxorus is a bit screwed...
    The world will turn to Ash...

SS Friend Code
    James 4727-2044-6382
    Silver Trainer Card, 4 Stars
    493/493 Pokemon

White Friend Code
    James 4813-6393-3409
    Purple Trainer Card

Looking for a female Anticipation Eevee
    Can offer Pokerus etc.
    PM for offers

So is there any flaws in this team?

Samurott
    -----------
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Grass Knot
    Mega Horn

Krookodile
    --------------
    Earth Quake
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Dragon Claw/ Will switch to Outrage when lv 60

Ferrothorn
    -------------
    Leech Seed
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip
    Iron Head

Scrafty
    -----------
    Rest
    Bulk Up
    Crunch
    Hi Jump Kid

Hydreigon
    -------------
    Surf
    Fire Blast
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast

Chandelure
    --------------
    Flame Thrower
    Physic
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball
    Last edited by RamPoke; 29th March 2011 at 4:46 PM.

Page 12 of 185 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast