Page 120 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Well, a positive nature is a 1.1x scalar, so let's do the math. 110 * 1.1 = 121 and 116 * 1.0 obviously = 116. So no, assuming equal IVs and EVs, a positive natured base 110 would outspeed a neutral natured 116 by 5 points.
    Sorry, that's not how it works lol.

*though you are right, neutral base 116 is slower than a base 110.

Base stats are very complicated. The easiest way to figure it out is to use this and compare two Pokemon with that stat (or just edit two Abras to have the speed you want to compare)

Not sure if I worked this out right but I think you need 242 EVs and positive nature to outspeed positive 116s...
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    ^ Not 252 HP instead of spdef?
    Nah, not with HP that high. Sp def lets it take on stuff like Starmie and Latios better than HP would. You could throw 80-160 EVs in Defense to better survive heavy hits from stuff like Excadrill, Tyranitar and so on if you want. Snorlax is weird, there's probably a better spread but maxing HP definitely isn't it.

Latios @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire] / Surf

Ah CM + LO Latios. I've try this set and I think this is a great moves for Latios. CM for boost my SAtk and SDef. Recover for a recovering move. Dragon Pulse is good on third slot over Draco Meteor because I need too CM again when the EV is dropped. Psyshock for that Blissey or Jellicent or I can replace it for a HP Fire to get rid of Ferrothorn or Scizor. Surf is a good option too on last slot.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Blastoise
    item:leftovers/lifeorb
    Nat: Modest
    EVs: 252spatk/145spdef/70hp
    moves:

Hydro pump
    blizzard
    protect
    scald

Ah Blastoise! This set is REALLY power-packed. Hydro pump and scald for the STABs. Blizard for grass coverage, but could possibly change to ice beam for accuracy. and protect for the sake of protect. He has good defenses to boot.
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

I don't think hydro pump is really necessary with scald try HP electric instead, also ice beam over blizzard.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Could you rate my Deoxys-D please?

Deoxys-D Calm @Lefties
    252HP, 252Sp.Def, 4 Def
    -Recover
    -Knock Off
    -Spikes
    -Taunt

Now, I know most sets usually run a Toxic stall set but I think this runs as well, just switch when they get tired of being walled, especially when they have their item knocked away and taunted. Thoughts?

And sorry if this is illegal, but I'd like a second reviewed as well. My Infernape.

Infernape Naive@Life Orb
    252SpA, 252Spd, 4Atk
    -Focus Blast
    -Fire Blast
    -Grass Knot
    -U-Turn

Wanted to try a special set, but want to see what the general consensus of the Serebii forums had to say about it. I think it's unique (like none of my Pokemon)
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

both good sets. I think toxic can still fit somewhere onto deoxys' set...

Trying to think up a set for the DW Banette. Going for a spin on the Sub/Disable setup.

Banette @Leftovers
    Cursed Body, Impish
    252HP/252D/4A
    - Substitute
    - Cotton Guard
    - Shadow Claw
    - Return

Try to switch into a Fighting/Normal attack, then Sub on the Switch. Use Cotton Guard to shrug off hits quickly. Shadow Claw for STAB of course and Return for coverage.

I have claimed Giratina

Does anybody think that this is halfway decent?

Kyurem @ Life Orb
    Pressure
    Naive
    252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe
    Outrage/Dragon Claw
    Hone Claws
    Stone Edge
    Focus Blast

A semi-mixed set, made around using Hone Claws. Focus Blast hits Steels.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

^ No Ice moves? I see that Stone Edge knocks out Fires, but Ice is good STAB and gets Gliscor pretty good.

+1 Outrage deals 70.6% - 83.3% to standard Gliscor, so Gliscor is easily 2HKOd, even after Poison Heal recovery.

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

I've been thinking of an eviolite klang that is a bulky sweeper

Klang @ eviolite
    Evs:252 hp 252 sp def 4 def
    Moves: Shift gear, toxic, thunder wave, gear grind
    Nature careful

The point hear is to be a bulky sweeper t wave and toxic is for crippling.

;600;;600;;600;;600;;600;;600;;600;;600;;600;;600; ;600;

FYI banette can't get cotton guard

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Yes it can through DW.

Also toxic + t-wave on the same set = fail. Change one to another attack, klank's movepool is so limited though, you may have to use return...

toxic and t wave allow for a better chance to wall or set up
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cotton_Guard
    Last edited by Usatoday; 25th September 2011 at 1:11 AM.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    But they can switch to something that doesn't particularly mind one or the other.
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/cottonguard.shtml Check the bottom of the list. "Oh hey Banette gets it via D/W!"

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Quote Originally Posted by Usatoday View Post
    Having two status inducing moves on a single set is pointless since you can only inflict one at a time. It is a terrible Pokemon to start with and is even worse without Return. Drop Twave for Return since Shift Gears will boost its Speed enough anyway; that's the only thing you can do to give it a fighting chance.

As far as the issue with Banette goes, the Dream World version will be released for Halloween with its DW ability and the unique Event move Cotton Guard. From the front page of the website:

"Nintendo has announced that the Banette, soon to be givenaway in the US through Nintendo Power, is also to be given away in Japan for this Haloween. This Pokémon is to be distributed at Level 37 with its Cursed Body ability and also has a special move that Banette can't normally learn; Cotton Guard. The unique serial code for Banette is to be given in the various issues of Famitsu magazine over the next few weeks and will be available to obtain on the Global Link from September 28th."

This information is all over the web right now. Cotton Guard is an interesting move to give to something as frail as Banette; there are some interesting competitive ramifications of this new event, which many people are discussing. It is not uncommon news.

^Said it better than me.

Alright, so I'mma post a set now; Not recently I posted a set for Exploud, and I'm planning on making it further. When I gave up on that team I had to invest in it's defenses, and I found that, quite frankly, it isn't any good. So, as I look at it's not-so-horrid-speed-w/Scarf, I think it may work OK.

(Tier: RU)
    Exploud
    Ability: Scrappy
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Nature: Naive/Rash/Lonely/Naughty
    EVs: Some amount of Attack for a specific target, some amount of Special Attack for a specific target, 252 Spd.
    -Return
    -Focus Blast/Brick Break
    -Some other stuff
    -Some other stuff

...As you can see, I'm not very far into this. But I'll explain what I have; With Scrappy, Normal/Fighting has perfect neutral coverage, and makes itself a great combo. I need some specific amount of Atk and SAtk because I'll obsess over it, and Natures are whatever works. I'll need to know the RU usage and the movesets and etc first though. And alot of playtesting. Alot of playtesting...

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    As far as the issue with Banette goes, the Dream World version will be released for Halloween with its DW ability and the unique Event move Cotton Guard. From the front page of the website:

"Nintendo has announced that the Banette, soon to be givenaway in the US through Nintendo Power, is also to be given away in Japan for this Haloween. This Pokémon is to be distributed at Level 37 with its Cursed Body ability and also has a special move that Banette can't normally learn; Cotton Guard. The unique serial code for Banette is to be given in the various issues of Famitsu magazine over the next few weeks and will be available to obtain on the Global Link from September 28th."

This information is all over the web right now. Cotton Guard is an interesting move to give to something as frail as Banette; there are some interesting competitive ramifications of this new event, which many people are discussing. It is not uncommon news.
    Speaking about that, anyone want to comment on this set?
    Trying to think up a set for the DW Banette. Going for a spin on the Sub/Disable setup.

Banette @Leftovers
    Cursed Body, Impish
    252HP/252D/4A
    - Substitute
    - Cotton Guard
    - Shadow Claw
    - Return

Try to switch into a Fighting/Normal attack, then Sub on the Switch. Use Cotton Guard to shrug off hits quickly. Shadow Claw for STAB of course and Return for coverage.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Speaking about that, anyone want to comment on this set?

Banette @Leftovers
    Cursed Body, Impish
    252HP/252D/4A
    - Substitute
    - Cotton Guard
    - Shadow Claw
    - Return

if your using cotton guard, wouldnt it be worth while to max out special defense since you get max defense in two turns with cotton guard? unless your making it a pure physical walling machine sort of thing, and maybe give it something thats more useful then return? i dont know what though, but maybe something to give it a little more coverage?

^(gotten from rayquaza is green)^

Scolipede @ King's Rock / Black Sludge
    EVs +252 Atk +252 Spd +4 HP / +252 Spd +126 Sp Def +126 HP +4 Def
    Nature:Jolly

Toxic Spikes / Toxic Spikes
    Poison Jab / Protect
    Megahorn / Rolout or Megahorn
    Steamroller / Defense Curl or Iron Defense

The main point of this is to get at least one set of toxic spikes out. This entry hazard allows for a strong special attacker to come in later with Venoshock and deal huge amounts of damage. A special attack set with Venoshock is also possible but I like this one better. The only way to counter getting out the spikes would be a crazy fast mon that would get a OHKO or sending in a poison type mon. This set would also follow nicely after a few layers of Stealth Rocks have been set up.

But I'm debating if I should have more of a staller or a sweeper.

The left side of the slashes is the sweeper set and the right side is the staller set.
    3DS Friend Code: 2895-7887-7462
    I live in Eastern Time (GMT -4)

If I were you I would go with the more offensive set because of scolipede's frail defences. Next, because I think kings rock is banned in all tiers, use a focus band for the garanteed one turn survival and incase you come across a scarf-phlosion which would easily out speed and OHKO scolipede. Finally use the swarm ability. Other than those points the set seems fine.
    1st shiny in silver lv 30
    2nd shiny in fire red
    3rd shiny in pokemon White

I have officially claimed Accelgor

I thought up an Empoleon set used for slaying Dragons. How good is it, may I ask?

Empoleon [F] @ Life Orb/Air Balloon
    Torrent
    152 HP/148 SpA/8 SpD/200 Spe
    Agility
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power [Dragon]

A set used to kill Dragons. Agility allows it to outspeed Scarf Haxorus (nobody uses Scarf Hydreigon anymore, but if you really had to just move the 8 Special Defense EVs into Speed) Ice Beam OHKOs Dragonite after SR and sometimes without, Hydro Pump handles some Steels and all Grounds, and Hidden Power [Dragon] handles Kingdra.

Lucario @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid/ Modest
    Aura Sphere/ Focus Blast
    Dark Pulse/ Shadow Ball
    Vacuum Wave/ Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nasty Plot

This often gets called the MVP of my team. Nasty Plot is the best toy Lucario got this generation. Once it sets up it is very deadly. One NP gives Lucario 658 or 722 Special Attack depending on the nature. Setting up the NP however is a bit of a hassle with everyone using Earthquake on at least one of their Pokemon, which is where the Air Balloon helps. With it Lucario can set up on many Ground Types and get in possibly two NPs, which would raise its Special Attack into four digits. The rest of the moves are for preference. Aura Sphere is accurate STAB while Focus Blast can overpower a long list of Pokemon. Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball get near perfect coverage with a fighting type move. Dark Pulse can cause flinch while Shadow Ball can lower Special Defense, although these effects will usually take place on Gliscor or Reuniclus. The last attack is for which thing you want to counter. If you want to counter Excadrill and other speedy threats use Vacuum Wave. If you'd rather OHKO Gliscor and Dragons then HP Ice is the way to go. I recommend Jolly nature due to the lack of power Vacuum Wave has.

Alternatives
    Life Orb provides more power at the cost of not being able to set up as easy and 28 of your HP per attack.
    Psychic can oneshot many fighting types, but Conkulder often runs Mach Punch and Scrafty is immune to it so Vacuum Wave is a better choice.
    Water Pulse can KO Fire Types which often outspeed you and are usually KOed by Vacuum Wave.
    Last edited by AudinoGlitch; 25th September 2011 at 5:59 PM.

Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly/ Adamant
    -Horn Leech
    -Return
    -Jump Kick
    -Nature Power/ Wild Charge
    *My idea for a Physical Sweeper. Sap Sipper means Sawsbuck can absorb all Grass moves except Aromatherapy, more commonly Spore and Leech Seed. Then with perfect sweeping stats, he can Sweep. Horn Leech is a STAB that heals, though it doesn't cover much. Double Edge has lots of power and is STAB. Jump Kick has good BP and coverage, but not great accuracy. Nature Power works as Earthquake in wifi battles, but isn't reliable in PO, so use Wild Charge instead.*
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Page 120 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast