Page 121 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    I thought up an Empoleon set used for slaying Dragons. How good is it, may I ask?

Empoleon [F] @ Life Orb/Air Balloon
    Torrent
    152 HP/148 SpA/8 SpD/200 Spe
    Agility
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power [Dragon]
    How is it? Lacking physical defensive EVs is what will hurt it, tbh. Now, don't get me wrong, you've got the right idea, but from personal experience, more often than not, you're going to run into a haxorus or dragonite that will spam outrage, usually accompanied by a dragon dance. If you want to slay a dragon, you need to live its onslaught first, and empoleon isn't the most bulky thing out there. I'd run bold nature with EV investments in hp, def, sp atk, and sp def, get rid of agility in favor of featherdance (a pseudo-charm move) or yawn (a pseudo-haze move to remove that punk of dragon dances), and remove hydro pump in favor of scald for a burn hax.

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoGlitch View Post
    Lucario @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid/ Modest
    Aura Sphere/ Focus Blast
    Dark Pulse/ Shadow Ball
    Vacuum Wave/ Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nasty Plot

Alternatives
    Life Orb provides more power at the cost of not being able to set up as easy and 28 of your HP per attack.
    Go with the LO and timid. You're going to outspeed any ground type in the first place and possibly kill ones not resistant to ice with a +2 HP. For HP, if you're that concerned about ground types, run HP grass instead since water/grounds like swampert and gastrodon will take neutral damage from ice but will fear the uncommon HP ice. Also, with lucario being fast, dark pulse is probably your best choice due to the flinch chance. Your STAB should be aura sphere due to reliability. And in case you hadn't guessed, HP over vacuum wave.

Quote Originally Posted by D-World View Post
    Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly/ Adamant
    -Horn Leech
    -Return
    -Jump Kick
    -Nature Power/ Wild Charge
    Run jolly and wild charge over nature power due to coverage.
    Last edited by Đew™; 25th September 2011 at 7:47 PM.

Regirock@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 Att. 252 Def.

Explosion
    Curse
    Toxic
    Stone Edge

Used for a defensive wall. Stone Edge in case of Taunt, Toxic to eat away at the opponent, Curse to build attack and defense, and Explosion as a last resort. Definitely not good against a Special Attacker, I know this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArachnAsylum3 View Post
    Regirock@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 Att. 252 Def.

Explosion
    Curse
    Toxic
    Stone Edge

Used for a defensive wall. Stone Edge in case of Taunt, Toxic to eat away at the opponent, Curse to build attack and defense, and Explosion as a last resort. Definitely not good against a Special Attacker, I know this.
    No, it probably wouldn't be, but neither is Skarmory and people seem to love him. Just play safely with him and I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be totally viable in the lower tiers, wherever Regirock is. It looks like a pretty solid set to me. The only thing I would suggest would be to go for Rock Slide over Stone Edge. After enough Curses, you'll be able to do some serious damage, and you'll want something more accurate and with more PP in that case. That's all I would suggest.

Possibly try changing those 252 Attack EVs into HP EVs, because you'll get all the Attack boosts you need from Curse. Along those same lines, you could try putting the Defense EVs themselves into Special Defense, since Curse will again be boosting your Defense. That will help make it more rounded and be able to stop those Special sweepers. All in all though it looks like a fine set; I don't see any big gaps. Nice work.

Metagross
    nat: adamant
    item: float stone
    EVs: 252atk/252def/6hp
    moves:
    meteor mash
    bullet punch
    eq
    zen headbutt

Now, this is the exact same set that I'm running for my metagross and it's workin as a bit of a wall and a heavy attacker. Bullet punch for priority, and STAB. STABs with metoer mash and zen headbutt as well. EQ for fire coverage. The def EVs help for bulkines and hp EVs to back tht up. I like this. Oh and the float stone helps for the "weightlessness" from weight-based attacks.
    Last edited by Dragin990; 26th September 2011 at 7:02 PM.
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by ArachnAsylum3 View Post
    Regirock@Leftovers
    Careful,
    252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SDef (Or something similar, if in Sandstorm you can invest in other stats)

Ability: Cursed Body
    -Drain Punch
    -Curse
    -Toxic
    -Stone Edge

Regirock has an enormous Defense Stat, so investing in it would be pretty pointless; however, if you run it in Sandstorm, you can invest in other stats, too. Drain Punch is for reliable Recovery, unless against Flying, Ghost or Psychic Types. That's were Stone Edge comes in, to cover most. Otherwise it's good.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense
    -Bullet Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Brick Break
    -U-turn

As far as I know, this is a pretty standard setup for Scizor. However, for various reasons, I am unable to utilize resources from any of the generation 4 games, and would have to breed and raise him purely in BW. That means no Superpower and no Bug Bite, which sucks. Does this set look okay given that caveat? Bullet Punch deals tremendous damage and gets priority, Pursuit traps stuff 'n' stuff 'n' stuff... Brick Break is an alternative to Superpower for the likes of Ferrothorn and such, and U-turn is also STAB and gets me a favorable matchup. The given EV spread maximizes his strong points and makes him very bulky. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense
    -Bullet Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Brick Break
    -U-turn

As far as I know, this is a pretty standard setup for Scizor. However, for various reasons, I am unable to utilize resources from any of the generation 4 games, and would have to breed and raise him purely in BW. That means no Superpower and no Bug Bite, which sucks. Does this set look okay given that caveat? Bullet Punch deals tremendous damage and gets priority, Pursuit traps stuff 'n' stuff 'n' stuff... Brick Break is an alternative to Superpower for the likes of Ferrothorn and such, and U-turn is also STAB and gets me a favorable matchup. The given EV spread maximizes his strong points and makes him very bulky. Thoughts?
    Make it 4 speed EVs and you're ok.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 Sp. Def
    Nature: Calm
    -Psychic
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Wish
    -Thunderbolt
    *Garvevoir is my RU wish supporter. Her base 125 Sp. Atk, he can be quite offensive aswell. The EVs makes it pass 170 HP wishes and the Calm Nature adds special bulk. Will-O-Wisp cripples Physical Pokémon, comensating for the low Defense stat Gardevoir has. Psychic is the main STAB, and Thunderbolt provides nice Coverage.*
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Default Eelektross Discussion

I need a public opinion. I've been trying to train an Eelektross for future use in a tournament, but it's hard to get some good information when you can't get wi-fi for your DS or PO. Here's a set for him.

Eelektross @ Expert Belt
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 HP/ 4 ?
    Moves:
    • Thunderbolt
    • Grass Knot
    • Flamethrower
    • Hidden Power (Ice)

Please rate and comment.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Attack / 8 Special Defense
    -Bullet Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Brick Break
    -U-turn

Very simple fix, but always put 248 HP so Stealth Rock doesn't cripple him. And, seeing as you don't have access to Bug Bite, the SD set doesn't sit well so... Well, whatever, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    Very simple fix, but always put 248 HP so Stealth Rock doesn't cripple him. And, seeing as you don't have access to Bug Bite, the SD set doesn't sit well so... Well, whatever, it works.
    Probably a dumb question, but can you explain your logic behind the 248 HP EVs versus 252? How does that one less HP point keep Stealth Rock from crippling him?

I'd put the 8 in speed.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Probably a dumb question, but can you explain your logic behind the 248 HP EVs versus 252? How does that one less HP point keep Stealth Rock from crippling him?
    The one less HP point means he can switch in four times instead of five; it makes it's HP and odd number (Or however that reckons with Neutral SR). It allows him to come in, attack and switch out more than the allotted with 252, and if he takes a hit there is little to no drawbacks. If you've already EV trained it in your game it's only a nitpick though and isn't needed.

Metagross
    Item@ leftovers/expert belt
    Evs, how you want them, though perfered defensive in some way.
    Gravity/Hone Claws
    Eg
    Meteor mash
    Ice punch/ Pursuit

Interesting set, it can be used team-wise with gravity or it's own sweeping system. As a gravity user, it's one of the best, because it's self support is not nessicarily required. However, one Hone claw boost makes it one hard hitter.
    Apparently, I can't claim Larvesta. But who cares?
    It's still the cutest bug eva!

I am The Grovyle, that friend in a high place.

The craziest battle I ever had- Toxic spikes supported baton passing team, with a Splashing Wailord. And won. You have to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragin990 View Post
    Metagross
    nat: adamant
    item: float stone
    EVs: 252atk/252def/6hp
    moves:
    meteor mash
    bullet punch
    eq
    zen headbutt

Now, this is the exact same set that I'm running for my metagross and it's workin as a bit of a wall and a heavy attacker. Bullet punch for priority, and STAB. STABs with metoer mash and zen headbutt as well. EQ for fire coverage. The def EVs help for bulkines and hp EVs to back tht up. I like this. Oh and the float stone helps for the "weightlessness" from weight-based attacks.
    Like which attacks based from heaviness does metagross recieve?
    I'll most likely recieve and EQ of a fire attack.
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftGrovyle View Post
    Metagross
    Item@ leftovers
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd
    Stealth Rock
    Hammer Arm
    Meteor mash
    Bullet Punch

Interesting set, it can be used team-wise with gravity or it's own sweeping system. As a gravity user, it's one of the best, because it's self support is not nessicarily required. However, one Hone claw boost makes it one hard hitter.
    Sory to re-do your set, but this is what the experts say; SR Metagross is a solid choice if you know how to use him. Meteor Mash is your main option, however, Bullet Punch and Hammer Arm are both great moves worth using. Bullet Punch is Priority, whil Hammer Arm is coverage. Oh yeah, and you don't need Gravity; SR is much better. Gravity Gross wouldn't be of much use unless on a full Gravity team sooo...

Jellicent @Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Def
    Nature: Calm
    -Acid Armor
    -Recover
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Scald
    Acid Armor more than makes up for Jellicent's average defense. One Acid Armor makes it defense just as good as its special defense making it a formidable mixed wall with good typing and immunity to the common fighting and water attacks. Recover allows it to restore health and stall very well with acid armor boosts. Will-o-Wisp cripples physical attackers as well as provides a way of inflicting damage to pokemon like Ferrothorn and other pokemon that resist water. Scald provides decent coverage and a potential to burn pokemon switching in although I might replace it with water spout for extra power. (note: mine is still only lv. 50 therefore can't learn water spout yet)

Either toxic over WoW or surf over scald, WoW and scald on the same set is unnesecary.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

^Looks good. You should use toxic>wow though. Scald is better than Water spout btw

Sharpedo@Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EV's: 252 speed 252 atk 4 hp
    Ability: Speed Boost

1. Crunch
    2. Waterfall/Aqua Jet
    3. Earthquake/Aqua Jet
    4. Aqua Jet/Ice Fang/Protect

Sharpedo. I want to slot in Aqua jet somewhere, but i'm not sure where. The last slot looks nice. It gets super fast super quick and can revenge kill things. Very useful in general.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Just letting the public know that I merged this post (was originally a thread waiting for approval) into this thread. Feel free to help/comment this person's set!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I need a public opinion. I've been trying to train an Eelektross for future use in a tournament, but it's hard to get some good information when you can't get wi-fi for your DS or PO. Here's a set for him.

Eelektross @ Expert Belt
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 HP/ 4 ?
    Moves:
    • Thunderbolt
    • Grass Knot
    • Flamethrower
    • Hidden Power (Ice)

Please rate and comment.
    Team Building Guide For Beginners!

Trade Thread - has free flawless dittos! (both english and japanese)

FC: 2365-5113-5595 (White)

Yeah I planned on changing either WoW or Scald at some point. Although I'm not sure what would be most ideal against ferrothorn. Although I have several other pokemon capable of taking on ferrothorn. Like:
    Volcarona @Flame Plate
    Ability: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtk
    -Quiver Dance
    -Flamethrower
    -Bug Buzz
    -??? (not sure what to put here, currently psychic)

Hydreigon @Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtk
    Nature: Timid
    -Dark Pulse
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Surf (great in double battles teamed with Jellicent)

Mienshao @Life Orb
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk
    Nature: Jolly
    -U-turn
    -Fake Out
    -Drain Punch
    -Hi Jump Kick

Garchomp @??? (not sure what item to use)
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk
    Nature: Jolly
    -Sword Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Claw

-------------------------------------

Volcarona needs a better item... Try wise specs or perhaps lefties.

Ok, so last night, i was lying in bed and i thought, i want to train a sableye. This morning, i woke up, dw sableye is now released with prankster. I was like, oh yeah! Finally, one of my all-time fave pokes is useful!

Sableye@Lefties
    Nature: Calm/Careful
    Ev's 252 hp 252 sp. Def 4 def
    Ability: Prankster

-Will-0-wisp
    -Recover
    -Taunt
    -Foul Play

Priority taunt, Burn, and recovery?! Oh yeah. It trolls physical attackers and steals their power with foul play. I'm not sure about it though, shadow sneak might be better. Any thoughts?

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Ok, so last night, i was lying in bed and i thought, i want to train a sableye. This morning, i woke up, dw sableye is now released with prankster. I was like, oh yeah! Finally, one of my all-time fave pokes is useful!

Sableye@Lefties
    Nature: Calm/Careful
    Ev's 252 hp 252 sp. Def 4 def
    Ability: Prankster

-Will-0-wisp
    -Recover
    -Taunt
    -Foul Play

Priority taunt, Burn, and recovery?! Oh yeah. It trolls physical attackers and steals their power with foul play. I'm not sure about it though, shadow sneak might be better. Any thoughts?
    Just a heads up for people who are considering Foul Play, don't use it. I thought it was a strong move til I found out that the damage output from Foul Play is dependent on the OPPONENT'S ATTACK STAT. So using Foul Play against Reuniclus will do jack to it.

Recommending Night Shade.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Just a heads up for people who are considering Foul Play, don't use it. I thought it was a strong move til I found out that the damage output from Foul Play is dependent on the OPPONENT'S ATTACK STAT. So using Foul Play against Reuniclus will do jack to it.

Recommending Night Shade.
    Conversely, using it against a Haxorus or the like would do a ton of damage. It is a gimmicky move nonetheless, but not useless.

Page 121 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast