Page 122 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

^I am perfectly aware of what the move does. It is risky. I was considering shadow sneak, but, then i would have to pool sime ev's into attack for any decent damage. At 75 base attack, foul play will work a lot better than almost every other pokemon. Plus, who carez about reuniclus! It is immune to focus blast and psychic. Night shade could be useful, but in the game, I usually battle with IR, which makes it flat. That would cause night shade to be useless. I think i might use it on PO though.
    Last edited by Pichu47; 29th September 2011 at 5:46 AM.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Blaziken
    item: lifeorb/white herb
    ability: speed boost/blaze
    nature: timid
    EVs: 252spd/252spatk/4spdef
    moves:
    overheat
    fire spin
    baton pass
    substitute

Ok, this moveset is dangerous for 3 reasons: 1. it uses blaziken's maximum potential in spatk. 2. your opponent is trapped in fire spin then gets blasted with overheat. 3. baton pass is your safeguard after substitute for overheat recovery. This is definitely a workable moveset.
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

Iirc, baton pass blazekin is banned, sorry dude.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Conversely, using it against a Haxorus or the like would do a ton of damage. It is a gimmicky move nonetheless, but not useless.
    If Sableye is using Foul Play, Haxorus can KO it before it attacks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    ^I am perfectly aware of what the move does. It is risky. I was considering shadow sneak, but, then i would have to pool sime ev's into attack for any decent damage. At 75 base attack, foul play will work a lot better than almost every other pokemon. Plus, who carez about reuniclus! It is immune to focus blast and psychic. Night shade could be useful, but in the game, I usually battle with IR, which makes it flat. That would cause night shade to be useless. I think i might use it on PO though.
    In bold: Again, if you knew what the move does, you would have not mentioned Sableye's base 75 Attack and Foul Play in the same sentence.

TR Reuniclus will 2HKO you with Shadow Ball, just sayin'. :/

You could also swap out Foul Play for Toxic, and there's a reason behind it too. If you're running a +1 Taunt, that means no one else can Taunt you (unless that someone is Thudurus, Whisicott, Tornadus, etc.), so running a four status move set is absolutely okay in regards to Sableye. Plus, it allows you to cripple walls such as Gastrodon and Jellicent.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    If Sableye is using Foul Play, Haxorus can KO it before it attacks...
    "If Sableye" being the optimum part of that sentence. You said Foul Play is bad; I'm saying Foul Play on Sableye is bad. Foul Play still has its uses, just not on Sableye.

Salamence @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd or 96 Atk / 216 SAtk / 196 Spd
    Naive / Rash Nature (+Spd / SAtk, -SDef)
    - Roost
    - Earthquake / Brick Break
    - Dragon Pulse / Outrage / Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower

Standard MixMence. Roost is used to heal off the Life Orb damage + any other residual damage. Earthquake or Brick Break is Heatran or Blissey (even though isn't as common as it was before) who will wall this set without one of this moves. Earthquake will hit Heatran variants without balloon while Brick Break will hit the Heatran variants with balloon and Blissey. Draco Meteor will be punching holes in your opponents team everytime you use it and even if your opponent switches i their steel type to try to absorb the attack you can always use Fire Blast to KO them. A combination of Draco Meteor+Fire Blast can KO most steel types that try to switch in on mence, namely Max SpD Scizor, Skarmory, Forretress while having a chance of KOing Ferrothorn after SR, or I can use Dragon Pulse or Outrage and Flamethrower over Fire Blast
    Last edited by Rezzuréct; 30th September 2011 at 2:48 PM.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Salamence @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd or 96 Atk / 216 SAtk / 196 Spd
    Naive / Rash Nature (+Spd / SAtk, -SDef)
    - Roost
    - Earthquake / Brick Break
    - Dragon Pulse / Outrage / Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower

Standard MixMence. Roost is used to heal off the Life Orb damage + any other residual damage. Earthquake or Brick Break is Heatran or Blissey (even though isn't as common as it was before) who will wall this set without one of this moves. Earthquake will hit Heatran variants without balloon while Brick Break will hit the Heatran variants with balloon and Blissey. Draco Meteor will be punching holes in your opponents team everytime you use it and even if your opponent switches i their steel type to try to absorb the attack you can always use Fire Blast to KO them. A combination of Draco Meteor+Fire Blast can KO most steel types that try to switch in on mence, namely Max SpD Scizor, Skarmory, Forretress while having a chance of KOing Ferrothorn after SR, or I can use Dragon Pulse or Outrage and Flamethrower over Fire Blast
    LO, EQ, and fire blast get my votes. You'll be healing off lo damage with roost luckily.

Jalorda@ leftovers
    ability: overgrowth
    nat: timid
    EVs:252spatk/252spd/4spdef
    moves:
    leaf storm
    giga drain
    calm mind
    toxic

standard CM Serperior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragin990 View Post
    Jalorda@ leftovers
    ability: overgrowth
    nat: timid
    EVs:252spatk/252spd/4spdef
    moves:
    leaf storm
    giga drain
    calm mind
    toxic

standard CM Serperior.
    I would try this set

Serperior@light clay
    ability overgrowth
    nature calm
    evs 252 hp 172def 80 sp def 4 spd
    moves Giga drain Reflect Light screen mirror coat
    Last edited by Usatoday; 1st October 2011 at 2:22 AM.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Alright..so I'm making my first attempt at in-person competitive battling and my target is Spring 2012 Regionals. I do respectably locally, though I have a buddy in Australia that slaughters me on WFC.

Here's a pair of Dragon's for evaluation: which one would be better for Regionals, just as a single comparison.

Dragonite @ (undecided)
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: (not a clue, still learning how to track these)
    Nature: Impish/curious
    - Thunderbolt (hits most other dragons)
    - Ice Beam (hits dragons, grounds, grass, et al)
    - Flamethrower (steels and ices)
    - Earthquake (to get around special walls)

Gear Station eval: Above Average/SA=Fantastic

*Male at lvl 90, stats = 287/293/223/205/221/188. Caught him as a lvl 55 Dragonair. He's my lead Special right now, doing well as a Special Sweeper actually. Carried me through Single Subway without breaking a sweat. He's easily one of my top 'mon, but I'm undecided between him and the female. Also unsure what I can do to improve on him.*

Dragonite @ (undecided, ATM it's Expert Belt)
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: (not a clue, still learning how to track these)
    Nature: Naive/lost in thought
    - Thunderpunch (hits most other dragons)
    - Aqua Tail (hits grounds)
    - Firepunch (steels and ices)
    - ExtremeSpeed

Gear Station eval: Decent/HP+SA = Very Good

*Female at lvl 81, stats = 263/253/175/199/169/181. Transferred from HG/SS (she's the Dragon Den prize one) and has an Effort Ribbon. She was used to defeat Red, fwiw, though the moveset was different for that. For all her SA characteristics she does quite well as a Physical Sweeper. She saw IRL local League battle via HG/SS and cleaned house even when facing lvl 100's. She's faster than my Naive/hits TRU egg Haxorus (lvl 64) who is "relatively superior" with "can't be better" DF and Spd (have paired them in doubles). Can't decide between her and the male....breeding them is an option at this point.*

The male was trained to be competitive (as best I can as I'm still learning how) while the female was mostly an in game 'mon on HG/SS until recently. I expect I'll have to berry/ev item/move tutor the female if she winds up being used... Hax may well wind up on the team, though he'll be posted for eval later.
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Well, I got around to check the Serebii page for pokemon from the new DW update. I see some interesting Pokemon with there DW abilities released, and I felt I need to post some sets.

Mr. Mime@Life Orb/Leftovers
    Timid/Technician
    4 HP/252 SpAtt/252 Spe
    -Psychic
    -Icy Wind
    -Magical Leaf/Grass Knot
    -Thunderbolt/Charge Beam

Mr. Mime has a lot of weak Special moves that would love a boost from Technician. Psychic is its main STAB and no other Psychic move can really benefit from technician without having a weaker damage output that Psychic. Icy Wind + Thunderbolt makes the Boltbeam coverage, but Charge Beam is also acceptable due to its effect of boosting Sp.Att. Magical Leaf and Grass Knot are simply based off of your preferences. Magical Leaf allows for a powerful Base 90 Grass move to hit Bulky waters, while Grass Knot allows for a strong attack regardless of weight due to Technician boosting the Base Power when up against lighter pokemon.

Bulky
    Banette@Leftovers
    Impish/Cursed Body
    252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def
    -Cotton Guard
    -Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
    -Taunt
    -Shadow Claw

Bulky version of Banette. One Cotton Guard and it's set to go.

Status Support
    Sableye@Leftovers
    Impish/Prankster
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
    -Taunt
    -Recover
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Toxic/Night Shade

Makes a great status platform if needed.

Pseudo-Wobbuffet
    Sableye@Leftovers
    Impish/Prankster
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Def
    -Taunt
    -Mean Look
    -Leer
    -Toxic/Recover

I feel this set is probably the best at recreating the Tickling Wobbuffet phenomenon. It can come in on dedicated walls such as Chansey, Dusclops, Deoxys, and Registeel and Leer them to death. Just come in with a Pursuiter and just get rid of them. Mean Look them, Taunt them on the next turn, and Leer them to -6, switch out, and use Pursuit. I see there are huge flaws between the Mean Look turn and the Taunt turn as there will be a chance that Sableye will get hit with a status move, but in the end it benefits the team by removing the whole Defensive core of the team so sweepers can take out the remaining portions of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    "If Sableye" being the optimum part of that sentence. You said Foul Play is bad; I'm saying Foul Play on Sableye is bad. Foul Play still has its uses, just not on Sableye.
    It's still a gimmick, and gimmicks are actually useful when the right conditions are set up. And if the condition isn't there, it ends up being dead weight and waste of a moveslot. I'll consider Foul Play when Haxorus gets to the top 10 in usage, that's when people will consider Foul Play as a way to counter Haxorus. Other than that, the current metagame is not the time for Foul Play to be taken seriously. No offense.
    Last edited by Eaglehawk; 1st October 2011 at 3:56 AM.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Lead

Fortress @ Quick Claw
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Jolly [+SDef, -SAtk]

Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Toxic Spikes
    Explosion

I use this to set up damage at the beginning of a battle.Once the hazards are set up fortress explodes and dies.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidefortress View Post
    Lead

Fortress @ Quick Claw
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Jolly [+SDef, -SAtk]

Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Toxic Spikes
    Explosion

I use this to set up damage at the beginning of a battle.Once the hazards are set up fortress explodes and dies.
    Quick Claw is banned from competitive battles it's so cheap.
    No offense meant

Duosion @ Eviolite
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    EV's: 252 hp 252 Sp def 4 Def
    Moves:
    Acid Armor
    Psychic
    Recover
    Calm Mind

This set is meant to wall anything with acid armor you can double your defenses not to mention the eviolite. The same goes with calm mind. Recover is a reliable form of recovery and psychic is a stab move.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

You run into serious problems with dark types. I reccomend using focus blast>acid armor and use him it NU.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Gliscor@life orb
    Nature-Bashful
    EV's- Well i didnt keep track but i maxed out defence attack and speed with the iron, protien and zinc and whatever
    Earthquake-Stab
    U-turn-To get it out of tough battle's and to somewhat annoy the opponent
    Fire fang-To deal with ice types,just in case u turn wont work
    Thunder fang-To deal with waters
    This is my leader of my train team,its moves has the weaknesses of about 1/2 of all types.
    I dont care about its nature i take a pokemon and make the best of it like how its supposed to be

Tsk tsk. Not too bad, but not standard. I don't use Gliscor much, but I battle it A LOT. You need Ice Fang and EVs on HP, Def, and Attack. You'll also probably want Swords Dance, as bulky offensive Gliscors usually carry that. Don't know bout the rest. I'm not sure if Gliscor can get Poison Heal for an ability yet, but if he can, get it and put a Toxic Orb on him.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Tsk tsk. Not too bad, but not standard. I don't use Gliscor much, but I battle it A LOT. You need Ice Fang and EVs on HP, Def, and Attack. You'll also probably want Swords Dance, as bulky offensive Gliscors usually carry that. Don't know bout the rest. I'm not sure if Gliscor can get Poison Heal for an ability yet, but if he can, get it and put a Toxic Orb on him.
    What should i forget for ice fang

Quote Originally Posted by takbir10 View Post
    Gliscor@life orb
    Nature-Bashful
    EV's- Well i didnt keep track but i maxed out defence attack and speed with the iron, protien and zinc and whatever
    Earthquake-Stab
    U-turn-To get it out of tough battle's and to somewhat annoy the opponent
    Fire fang-To deal with ice types,just in case u turn wont work
    Thunder fang-To deal with waters
    This is my leader of my train team,its moves has the weaknesses of about 1/2 of all types.
    I dont care about its nature i take a pokemon and make the best of it like how its supposed to be
    need more replies

Quote Originally Posted by takbir10 View Post
    What should i forget for ice fang
    Fire Fang

Regirock @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Nature: Impish
    - Block
    - Curse
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Rock Slide

This has been a rather effective set I have been using in RU. Use Block on something that can't really hurt Regirock. Proceed to Curse up. Then sweep with Stone Edge, for STAB, (or Rock Slide since 80% is more like 40% accuracy) and Earthquake, providing excellent coverage.
    White FC: 2666 1919 1132

infernape
    nat: jolly
    ability: blaze
    item: lefties
    EVs: 252atk/252spd/4def
    moves:
    bulk up
    thunderpunch
    earthquake
    closecombat

*I meant to put t-punch
    Last edited by Dragin990; 2nd October 2011 at 1:45 AM.

^ Infernape cannot learn Ice Punch

Quote Originally Posted by Dragin990 View Post
    infernape
    nat: jolly
    ability: blaze
    item: lefties
    EVs: 252atk/252spd/4def
    moves:
    bulk up
    thunderpunch
    earthquake
    closecombat

*I meant to put t-punch
    Infernape is terribly fragile and is weak to Ground and Water moves. Use Swords Dance over Bulk Up. Replace Leftovers with Life Orb. Flare Blitz or Fire Punch should probably be put in there replacing EQ.
    White FC: 2666 1919 1132

Another Infernape xD

Infernape @Muscle Band / Life Orb
    nature: Jolly
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    » Thunder Punch
    » Fire Punch
    » Mach Punch / Close Combat
    » Swords Dance
    ~ I don't know what is better Mach Punch or Close Combat being honest I don't like the defenses drop :// but if it works, I will use it

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

Use SD, Close Combat, Mach Punch, and Flare Blitz. He's not living long anyway.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Page 122 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast