Page 123 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

  1. #3051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post

    Another Infernape xD

    Infernape @Muscle Band / Life Orb
    nature: Jolly
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    » Thunder Punch
    » Fire Punch
    » Mach Punch / Close Combat
    » Swords Dance
    ~ I don't know what is better Mach Punch or Close Combat being honest I don't like the defenses drop :// but if it works, I will use it
    My set is:

    Infernape @ Life Orb
    Trait: Iron Fist (Only if you play DW OU)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    - Fire Punch
    - ThunderPunch
    - Mach Punch
    - Shadow Claw

    I've used your set before, and haven't had much success. Fire Punch and ThunderPunch's roles are pretty obvious. Mach Punch's +1 priority hits as a last resort in case you have red HP. It also gets boosted by Iron Punch and can help take out Excadrill. Shadow Claw hits Ghosts and Psychics. Maybe you can Baton Pass an Attack boost if you need it. I use Shell Smash and BP it to mine.

  2. #3052
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a house:D
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    My set is:

    Infernape @ Life Orb
    Trait: Iron Fist (Only if you play DW OU)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    - Fire Punch
    - ThunderPunch
    - Mach Punch
    - Shadow Claw

    I've used your set before, and haven't had much success. Fire Punch and ThunderPunch's roles are pretty obvious. Mach Punch's +1 priority hits as a last resort in case you have red HP. It also gets boosted by Iron Punch and can help take out Excadrill. Shadow Claw hits Ghosts and Psychics. Maybe you can Baton Pass an Attack boost if you need it. I use Shell Smash and BP it to mine.

    I play on WiFi and I can't use Iron Fist with T-Punch or Fire Punch since they're egg moves, I think I'd replace Swords Dance with Shadow Claw to get Fight/Ghost Combo ;o thank you

    Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

    3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

    Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

  3. #3053
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Up someone's a**crack
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pseudo pro View Post
    Regirock @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Nature: Impish
    - Block
    - Curse
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Rock Slide

    This has been a rather effective set I have been using in RU. Use Block on something that can't really hurt Regirock. Proceed to Curse up. Then sweep with Stone Edge, for STAB, (or Rock Slide since 80% is more like 40% accuracy) and Earthquake, providing excellent coverage.
    It's not a bad set, but you might want to pool your nature into Careful to boost its SpDef. If you're gonna run it under Sandstorm, you should try to use 252 HP/80 Att/4 Def/172 SpD spread to allow for some EVs into Attack.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

    [In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

    RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

    RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

  4. #3054
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL+KY, USA
    Posts
    237

    Default

    thoughts on my dragons? (post 3035 page 152)
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

    Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

        Spoiler:- Brags:



    Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

  5. #3055
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Would this be a worthwhile endeavor?

    Honchckrow @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def/ 126 SpDef
    Nature: Impish
    - Psycho Shift
    - Protect
    - Sucker Punch
    - Roost / Tailwind

    Starts of with Protect, to allow the Flame Orb to take action. Then Psycho Shift to transfer the burn to an opponent. Roost to regain any lost health or Tailwind to help its partners out, and then Sucker Punch for powerful STAB priority and to prevent Taunt fodder.

    I know it's not the most orthodox way of using a honchkrow, but I was just playing around with some ideas. Might be viable?

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  6. #3056
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    Would this be a worthwhile endeavor?

    Honchckrow @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def/ 128 SpDef
    Nature: Impish
    - Psycho Shift
    - Protect
    - Sucker Punch
    - Roost / Tailwind

    Starts of with Protect, to allow the Flame Orb to take action. Then Psycho Shift to transfer the burn to an opponent. Roost to regain any lost health or Tailwind to help its partners out, and then Sucker Punch for powerful STAB priority and to prevent Taunt fodder.

    I know it's not the most orthodox way of using a honchkrow, but I was just playing around with some ideas. Might be viable?
    first of all its murkrow not honchkrow which gets prankster so ill refer to murkrow.

    if you are using a flame orb then use dark pulse and bold instead of sucker punch and impish because with a burn which will constantly be there meaning sucker punch will do nothing to any pokemon or you could replace it with taunt so ruin boosters days and use roost for the last move but its up to you i suppose.

    also use all of ev's availible as you were missing out on 4EV's aka in your case 2 points as 126 isnt a multiple of 4.

  7. #3057
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Training with my Victini
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Hazorus @ Lum berry
    Ability: Mold breaker
    EVs:Not sure but i think they where put in speed and attack(393 attack, 322speed)
    Nature: Jolly
    - Earthquake
    - Night Slash
    - Outrage
    - Protect/Dragon dance

    OK so this Haxorus is pretty much my sweeper, Earthquake is there for steel pokemon that can resist Night Slash and outrage. i gave it a lum berry so when ever outrage confuses it it can snap out of it and continue sweeping. i cant decide weather i should use protect or dragon dance,this Haxorus doesn't have very good defences and special defence to get a lot of dragon dance in. protect is an option because i like to see what move my opponent would try to use and see if i need to switch into some thing else and for other outragers that had already started using it can get confused and would be easier to knock out

    Fall to the power of my Haxorus! Credit to Proby3!
    An Agent DJ Production

  8. #3058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHINY VICINY View Post
    Hazorus @ Lum berry
    Ability: Mold breaker
    EVs:Not sure but i think they where put in speed and attack(393 attack, 322speed)
    Nature: Jolly
    - Earthquake
    - Night Slash
    - Outrage
    - Protect/Dragon dance

    OK so this Haxorus is pretty much my sweeper, Earthquake is there for steel pokemon that can resist Night Slash and outrage. i gave it a lum berry so when ever outrage confuses it it can snap out of it and continue sweeping. i cant decide weather i should use protect or dragon dance,this Haxorus doesn't have very good defences and special defence to get a lot of dragon dance in. protect is an option because i like to see what move my opponent would try to use and see if i need to switch into some thing else and for other outragers that had already started using it can get confused and would be easier to knock out
    Haha, these are EVs.

    The items and nature are fine but change Night Slash to Brick Break and you're good. +2 Brick Break can do tons of damage to Heatran, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, etc.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!


  9. #3059
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archeopsdan View Post
    first of all its murkrow not honchkrow which gets prankster so ill refer to murkrow.

    if you are using a flame orb then use dark pulse and bold instead of sucker punch and impish because with a burn which will constantly be there meaning sucker punch will do nothing to any pokemon or you could replace it with taunt so ruin boosters days and use roost for the last move but its up to you i suppose.

    also use all of ev's availible as you were missing out on 4EV's aka in your case 2 points as 126 isnt a multiple of 4.
    Oh, thanks. I could have sworn Honchkrow got it too. @___@

    Anyways, yeah, I see what you mean. Thanks so much! ^__^

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  10. #3060
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where the grass is greenest
    Posts
    109

    Default

    ^However, honchkrow does get moxie. With sucker punch, that could be worth looking in to.




    New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.


  11. #3061
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Training with my Victini
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Haha, these are EVs.

    The items and nature are fine but change Night Slash to Brick Break and you're good. +2 Brick Break can do tons of damage to Heatran, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, etc.
    i know what EV's are i just dont know where they went into Haxorus

    Fall to the power of my Haxorus! Credit to Proby3!
    An Agent DJ Production

  12. #3062
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Santos, San Andreas
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SHINY VICINY View Post
    i know what EV's are i just dont know where they went into Haxorus
    Serebii's iv calc can help with that . Just find the IVs, find how powerful it should be without any EVs, then subtract that amount from your amount and multiply that difference by 4. That will give you your rough EV spread.

    Good luck!

    EDIT: don't put your stats in, just calculate the total for each stat...hopefully someone else can put this in better words...

  13. #3063
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Currently for my strategy (in my CRMT) I am using an Eviolite Dusclops turned water type, though I am beginning to wonder if a Rhydon would work better and I want to test it out, is this a good set for it?

    Rhydon (Sassy) @ Eviolite
    Lightningrod
    252HP 252SpD 4Def
    Curse
    Aqua Tail
    Skull Bash
    Earthquake

    The strategy is to set up rain and have my Alomomola use soak on it, and then curse and proceed to attack, is this set any good for my purposes or would you suggest some changes?

  14. #3064
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Santos, San Andreas
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim712 View Post
    Currently for my strategy (in my CRMT) I am using an Eviolite Dusclops turned water type, though I am beginning to wonder if a Rhydon would work better and I want to test it out, is this a good set for it?

    Rhydon (Sassy) @ Eviolite
    Lightningrod
    252HP 252SpD 4Def
    Curse
    Aqua Tail
    Skull Bash
    Earthquake

    The strategy is to set up rain and have my Alomomola use soak on it, and then curse and proceed to attack, is this set any good for my purposes or would you suggest some changes?
    Ditch skull bash in favor of SE maybe...

    Lightningrod now gives it a special attack boost, so if you want to have a user of this, try to get a hold of a japanese DW pikachu that knows sing. The boost is useless on rhydon and grass moves will hurt you either way...aqua jet may also cause trouble for it.

  15. #3065
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    Ditch skull bash in favor of SE maybe...

    Lightningrod now gives it a special attack boost, so if you want to have a user of this, try to get a hold of a japanese DW pikachu that knows sing. The boost is useless on rhydon and grass moves will hurt you either way...aqua jet may also cause trouble for it.
    To me the special attack boost is pointless in this case, I chose it because I was more interested in the fact that it makes my Rhydon (which will be a water type) immune to electric attacks, leaving it with only a 2x weakness to grass, which is better than it's previous 4x as a ground/rock type.
    I chose skull bash because of how well normal pairs with water but I forgot it was a 2 turn attack, maybe return is a better option then? And where did you get aqua jet from?

  16. #3066
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Santos, San Andreas
    Posts
    737

    Default

    I'm thinking UU for some reason, that's where I get aqua jet...

    If you want a normal type atk, go with return.

    Not a bad idea tbh man.

  17. #3067
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Yeah return is working well, though status and lack of healing seem to be hurting him badly :/ thanks for the help, and the compliment, I came up with the strategy when I first saw soak cause I really wanted to find a way to use it on my own pokes :P

  18. #3068
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Chandelure(Modest) @ Scope Lens/Expert Belt
    Flash Fire
    252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP

    Flame Charge
    Hidden Power- Ice
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower

    Basically my Chandy is a fire absorbing sweeper. Modest natured to max out SAtk to max, the reason for not Timid natured is Flame Charge. With just +1 Spd from Flame Charge, Chandy can outspeed most things. Im trying to decide between the items of Scope Lens for a greater percentage of crits or Expert Belt for boosted damage of super effective moves. The trouble I'm having is the moveset frankly. I know Flame Charge has to be on there to boost Spd but Chandy's movepool is so vast its hard to choose. The moves I'm thinking currently are HP Ice, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower/Heat Wave, Psychic, Energy Ball.

    HP Ice- Dragons
    Shadow Ball- Main STAB move
    Flamethrower- better acc than Heat Wave but less powerful
    Heat Wave-(vice versa)
    Energy Ball- gets rid of mostly all of Chandy's weaknesses...Solarbeam??? with all the common sun teams out and predicting switches
    Psychic- switching in on Fighting types like Blaziken, Conkeldurr, and Mienshao

    Tell me what you think of my current Chandy set and suggestions for an updated moveset (no choice sets plz, been there done that :P) thanks!
        Spoiler:- Clan Stuff:


        Spoiler:- Wanted DW PKMN::

    Credit goes to Ray for this Team Pose

    Gracias to TrainerJoe for the banner!

  19. #3069
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Zoroark@Focus Sash/Expert Belt
    ability: illusion
    nat: hasty/naive
    EVs: 252spd/166spatk/92atk
    moves:
    flamethrower
    night slash/faint attack/sucker punch
    aerial ace
    extrasensory/detect/taunt

    Here's how this set could work. Zoroark has potential to be a mixed sweeper. Flamethrower for bug coverage; nightslash, faintattack, or suckerpunch for STAB. Aerial ace option for fighting coverage. Extrasensory if not aerial ace, for power. Detect cuz of its low defenses. (U-turn is also up there). Taunt goes with sucker punch. This set could work with the right adjustments and a bit of luck. Focus sash helps a lot here. Expert Belt is risky, again cuz of zoroark's low defenses.
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

  20. #3070
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Training with my Victini
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Serebii's iv calc can help with that . Just find the IVs, find how powerful it should be without any EVs, then subtract that amount from your amount and multiply that difference by 4. That will give you your rough EV spread.

    Good luck!

    EDIT: don't put your stats in, just calculate the total for each stat...hopefully someone else can put this in better words...
    Yeah, um IV's and EV's just aren't realy my specialty. im so lost when it comes to IV's

    Fall to the power of my Haxorus! Credit to Proby3!
    An Agent DJ Production

  21. #3071

    Default

    IVs range from 0-31 in each stat. 1 being the lowest and 31 being the highest. The highest the more power you get. So you want 31 in each stat (unless you are using a certain Hidden Power but let's explain that later).
    Last edited by DarumakkaImposter; 5th October 2011 at 5:03 AM.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!


  22. #3072
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarumakkaImposter View Post
    IVs range from 1-31 in each stat. 1 being the lowest and 31 being the highest. The highest the more power you get. So you want 31 in each stat (unless you are using a certain Hidden Power but let's explain that later).
    little bit off there mate as you can get 0 IV's in a stat but otherwise correct

    also looking random pokemon again and thought of this:

    lopunny@choice band
    adamant,not klutz
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
    -return
    -drain punch/jump kick
    -thunder punch
    -ice punch

    most powerful the poor bunny can be using return for stab, a fighting move to hit ghosts and steels, final 2 moves are to provide perfect coverage obviously not klutz otherwise choice band is pointless.

    lopunny@flame orb
    jolly,klutz
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
    -fling
    -last resort/ return
    -empty/ drain punch
    -empty/ thunder punch/ ice punch

    fling at a physical sweeper to burn them and then sweep. simple really either last resort only for normal type mega damage or return with recovery and element punch for more coverage.

    lopunny@leftovers/focus sash
    jolly, cute charm/limber
    252 Hp, 252 Spd, 4 Def
    -agility
    -baton pass
    -magic coat/work up
    -return

    fast and helpful in NU to baton pass +2 Spd, first and if possible +1 atk and Sp.atk to really setup a sweeper.

  23. #3073
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Up someone's a**crack
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TobalPhoenix0082200 View Post
    Chandelure(Modest) @ Scope Lens/Expert Belt
    Flash Fire
    252 SAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP

    Flame Charge
    Hidden Power- Ice
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower

    Basically my Chandy is a fire absorbing sweeper. Modest natured to max out SAtk to max, the reason for not Timid natured is Flame Charge. With just +1 Spd from Flame Charge, Chandy can outspeed most things. Im trying to decide between the items of Scope Lens for a greater percentage of crits or Expert Belt for boosted damage of super effective moves. The trouble I'm having is the moveset frankly. I know Flame Charge has to be on there to boost Spd but Chandy's movepool is so vast its hard to choose. The moves I'm thinking currently are HP Ice, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower/Heat Wave, Psychic, Energy Ball.

    HP Ice- Dragons
    Shadow Ball- Main STAB move
    Flamethrower- better acc than Heat Wave but less powerful
    Heat Wave-(vice versa)
    Energy Ball- gets rid of mostly all of Chandy's weaknesses...Solarbeam??? with all the common sun teams out and predicting switches
    Psychic- switching in on Fighting types like Blaziken, Conkeldurr, and Mienshao

    Tell me what you think of my current Chandy set and suggestions for an updated moveset (no choice sets plz, been there done that :P) thanks!
    You can use Timid with HP Fighting to take out Heatran, who otherwise walls you.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

    [In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

    RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

    RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

  24. #3074
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL+KY, USA
    Posts
    237

    Default

    so much for asking for help...
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

    Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

        Spoiler:- Brags:



    Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

  25. #3075
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maple Valley, WA
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    so much for asking for help...
    Random EVs, random IVs, incomplete/non-standard sets, what exactly did you want us to say? If you wanted help picking between one Dragonite or the other, we would literally be taking a stab in the dark. If you want advise on which Dragonite to pick, then you're asking a fundamentally flawed question; if you want advise on how to properly train a Dragonite, then might I suggest reading this. Personally I would suggest running a physical set with Multiscale-Roost and Extremespeed as the meat of the set, but if you want help picking between the two, then shot in the dark, the first one looks better.

Page 123 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •