Page 124 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

There we go! That IS a help, TYVM.

I put up everything I had on the individual stats..other then the gear-rate guy I have no way of doing IV's and I can't get any details on how to track or decompile EV's without using outside tools (which I can't do). I AM able, however, to do the berry/stat item reset bit to correct my noob mistakes in raising them.

Isn't mutiscale DW? I would have to get hold of one first, so right now that's not an option...for the ES I'm going to rest HG/SS and make another attempt at a male so I can breed it on -- since that one is a gift I can SR. Him plus the female should make me something nice that I can train up properly (also the reason for stating I can breed the two listed).

My gut feeling was my current male is the better of the two...as it stands what would you suggest to improve on him?

edit: granted the sets are non-standard, I actually prefer that, but how are they "incomplete"?

edit2:

Main threats to Dnite - counter

Ferrothorn's barbs - flamethrower/ice beam/ et al SA
    "fast Ground-types and bulky Steel-types, such as Jirachi, Excadrill, Landorus, and Scizor" - fire for steels, ice or water for grounds, EQ
    TTar and Hippowdon (rock/dk, grnd) - Ice/water/EQ
    Cresselia (psychic) - (can it learn a dark move? likely ES here...)
    Skarmory (steel/fly) - fire/elec
    Cloyster (icicle spear on a water/ice) - electric
    Haxorus (outrage STAB+) - ice (though I'll prolly just counter this with a switch)

Likely won't see Landorus and Jirachi at regionals :P
    Last edited by Pokemom; 5th October 2011 at 12:32 AM.
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Hydreigon @ Sitrus Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs: 252 Atk 252 Spd 4 Hp
    Moves:
    Head Smash
    Crunch
    Dragon Rush
    Earthquake

I was amazed when I found out hydreigon got head smash so I made a physical set for it.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

physical hydreigon isn't that great. You could run a mixed one with Draco Meteor, crunch, EQ, and work up. If you really want to run a physical hydreigon...use zweilous. he packs loads of power because of hustle. He also has the strongest outrage in the game. That counts Ubers. You could run a Choice banded one with Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch, and Ice Fang. Or, you could just use a better pokemon. ....PS: Dragon rush is a horrible move.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    physical hydreigon isn't that great. You could run a mixed one with Draco Meteor, crunch, EQ, and work up. If you really want to run a physical hydreigon...use zweilous. he packs loads of power because of hustle. He also has the strongest outrage in the game. That counts Ubers. You could run a Choice banded one with Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch, and Ice Fang. Or, you could just use a better pokemon. ....PS: Dragon rush is a horrible move.
    Standard protocol is to run Zweilous with Eviolite and 252 HP/252 Att/4 Def. Otherwise, it can't survive UU. Forget about using Zweilous in OU. He wouldn't survive.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    Isn't mutiscale DW? I would have to get hold of one first, so right now that's not an option...
    Let me stop you right there. Why is it "not an option?" I have never done anything with any of the DW crap, but I have a DW Slowking on my team. I traded for a DW Slowpoke, bred it, and got my Slowking. Why can't you just trade for a sire?

for the ES I'm going to rest HG/SS and make another attempt at a male so I can breed it on -- since that one is a gift I can SR. Him plus the female should make me something nice that I can train up properly (also the reason for stating I can breed the two listed).
    I'm not positive that the gender on that Dratini is not set. I think you'd have an easier time just trying to breed it in from something else.

My gut feeling was my current male is the better of the two...as it stands what would you suggest to improve on him?
    My suggestion would be not to try and improve on him; my suggestion would be to breed a new one. Pick whatever set from that link I posted before is most applicable to your team.

edit: granted the sets are non-standard, I actually prefer that, but how are they "incomplete"?
    No EVs/IVs. Technically you also aren't asking us to rate your set, you're asking us to rate your specific instance of your Dragonite. This would be more of a question for the Questions thread, since you aren't willing to breed new Dragonite with better IVs, blank EVs or Multiscale.

Quote Originally Posted by archeopsdan View Post
    little bit off there mate as you can get 0 IV's in a stat but otherwise correct

also looking random pokemon again and thought of this:

lopunny@choice band
    adamant,not klutz
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
    -return
    -drain punch/jump kick
    -thunder punch
    -ice punch

most powerful the poor bunny can be using return for stab, a fighting move to hit ghosts and steels, final 2 moves are to provide perfect coverage obviously not klutz otherwise choice band is pointless.

lopunny@flame orb
    jolly,klutz
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
    -fling
    -last resort/ return
    -empty/ drain punch
    -empty/ thunder punch/ ice punch

fling at a physical sweeper to burn them and then sweep. simple really either last resort only for normal type mega damage or return with recovery and element punch for more coverage.

lopunny@leftovers/focus sash
    jolly, cute charm/limber
    252 Hp, 252 Spd, 4 Def
    -agility
    -baton pass
    -magic coat/work up
    -return

fast and helpful in NU to baton pass +2 Spd, first and if possible +1 atk and Sp.atk to really setup a sweeper.
    *Fixed.

Also, Fighting can't hit Ghost types.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Standard protocol is to run Zweilous with Eviolite and 252 HP/252 Att/4 Def. Otherwise, it can't survive UU. Forget about using Zweilous in OU. He wouldn't survive
    I was about add that you could other wise use something better, like dragonite, salamence, haxorus, etc.

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Well, I got around to check the Serebii page for pokemon from the new DW update. I see some interesting Pokemon with there DW abilities released, and I felt I need to post some sets.

Mr. Mime@Life Orb/Leftovers
    Timid/Technician
    4 HP/252 SpAtt/252 Spe
    -Psychic
    -Icy Wind
    -Magical Leaf/Grass Knot
    -Thunderbolt/Charge Beam

Mr. Mime has a lot of weak Special moves that would love a boost from Technician. Psychic is its main STAB and no other Psychic move can really benefit from technician without having a weaker damage output that Psychic. Icy Wind + Thunderbolt makes the Boltbeam coverage, but Charge Beam is also acceptable due to its effect of boosting Sp.Att. Magical Leaf and Grass Knot are simply based off of your preferences. Magical Leaf allows for a powerful Base 90 Grass move to hit Bulky waters, while Grass Knot allows for a strong attack regardless of weight due to Technician boosting the Base Power when up against lighter pokemon.

Bulky
    Banette@Leftovers
    Impish/Cursed Body
    252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def
    -Cotton Guard
    -Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
    -Taunt
    -Shadow Claw

Bulky version of Banette. One Cotton Guard and it's set to go.

Status Support
    Sableye@Leftovers
    Impish/Prankster
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
    -Taunt
    -Recover
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Toxic/Night Shade

Makes a great status platform if needed.

Pseudo-Wobbuffet
    Sableye@Leftovers
    Impish/Prankster
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Def
    -Taunt
    -Mean Look
    -Leer
    -Toxic/Recover

I feel this set is probably the best at recreating the Tickling Wobbuffet phenomenon. It can come in on dedicated walls such as Chansey, Dusclops, Deoxys, and Registeel and Leer them to death. Just come in with a Pursuiter and just get rid of them. Mean Look them, Taunt them on the next turn, and Leer them to -6, switch out, and use Pursuit. I see there are huge flaws between the Mean Look turn and the Taunt turn as there will be a chance that Sableye will get hit with a status move, but in the end it benefits the team by removing the whole Defensive core of the team so sweepers can take out the remaining portions of the team.

Repostan becuz no one cared :'(
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Let me stop you right there. Why is it "not an option?" I have never done anything with any of the DW crap, but I have a DW Slowking on my team. I traded for a DW Slowpoke, bred it, and got my Slowking. Why can't you just trade for a sire?

I'm not positive that the gender on that Dratini is not set. I think you'd have an easier time just trying to breed it in from something else.

My suggestion would be not to try and improve on him; my suggestion would be to breed a new one. Pick whatever set from that link I posted before is most applicable to your team.

No EVs/IVs. Technically you also aren't asking us to rate your set, you're asking us to rate your specific instance of your Dragonite. This would be more of a question for the Questions thread, since you aren't willing to breed new Dragonite with better IVs, blank EVs or Multiscale.
    O_O no need to be getting all hostile...I thought I made it clear I'm new at the whole IV/EV/competitive breeding thing, but that in no way implies an unwillingness to learn and do. I do believe this is the Rate Singles thread so a specific instance of "is this guy half way decent" would be appropriate here (which is basically what I did).

I would love a DW ability dragon, but I can't get my hands on one...not seeing any on offer and not high enough in my account to go hunt for one so RIGHT NOW it's not an option. Since 1st round regionals is 6 weeks off I don't think I'll have one ready in time, and I doubt I'll have one for Spring either. (and it wouldn't be a sire, but a dam as the FEMALE passes the ability - I do know that much at least).

Per gender on ES Dratini: a number of people have posted SRing for a male and some got it on the first try. Breeding for ES won't work with my female as there aren't any compatible parents (someone told me Ditto fail).

What on earth gave you the idea I wasn't willing to breed for better stats? even my first post on the subject stated "breeding is an option" - just not for DW ability.

"Better" can be clarified, however...I enjoy the moveset greatly, almost as much as I enjoy the fact of it being "non-standard". As such I'd like to keep Tbolt, Ice Beam, EQ, flamethrower and use it for VGC. I have stat munchies (HP up, etc) and stat reducing berries so what would be the best case scenario, with what limited stat eval I have available, to make the male be the best he can be?

One alternative I am looking at is a whole new dragon (that needs be caught/bred first):

Mild or Hasty, maybe with top IV in HP
    Inner Focus (unless I get a DW in the next 48 hours)
    Expert Belt or Life Orb
    tbolt/ice beam/EQ/flamethrower

either 64 Atk / 192 Spd / 252 SAtk or 4 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk (mild)
    or 56 Atk / 200 Spd / 252 SAtk (Hasty)

generally it's gonna be getting hit with electric or ice and those tend to be more SD damaging so I don't want to hinder that. and of course I have to figure out how to do up ev's properly as I somehow keep messing it up even with "munchies" O_o (my math is off somewhere...)

Again: I'm still learning how to do all this Competitive stuff so critique is appreciated (just don't browbeat me under my bed, please)
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

What about a Defensive Volcarona?

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Bold, Flame Body
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Morning Sun

Even with that EV spread, Volcarona is able to do quite damage, boosting up Special stats and Speed with QD, then hitting with his two STAB moves. Morning Sun + Leftovers for recovery. Preferrably to use in a Sun team, boosting Fiery Dance's power and Morning Sun's recovery.

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Haru Glory View Post

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Bold, Flame Body
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Morning Sun

Even with that EV spread, Volcarona is able to do quite damage, boosting up Special stats and Speed with QD, then hitting with his two STAB moves. Morning Sun + Leftovers for recovery. Preferrably to use in a Sun team, boosting Fiery Dance's power and Morning Sun's recovery.
    I do like the idea but would instead go with calm nature, 252 sp def, and 4 def maybe

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    I do like the idea but would instead go with calm nature, 252 sp def, and 4 def maybe
    Nope, that's the thing, Volcarona has 60 Defense and 105 Sp. Defense.
    Sp. Defense is powered up by Quiver Dance, so you have to max its Defense so he can take lots of hits. If you want, you can give him the last 4 EVs in Sp. Defense instead of Speed.

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Nope, that's the thing, Volcarona has 60 Defense and 105 Sp. Defense.
    Sp. Defense is powered up by Quiver Dance, so you have to max its Defense so he can take lots of hits. If you want, you can give him the last 4 EVs in Sp. Defense instead of Speed.
    Good point. Gl with the volc then!

I'm inclined to say that Bug/Fire inherently prevents it from being defensive in the least, but nothing about the set itself looks wrong per se. Try it out and see how it works I guess, because I can't improve it without changing the species.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Bold, Flame Body
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Morning Sun

Exactly the set I'm running. The extra defense while being obvious for overall suvivability, also helps take a hit and inflict burn with flame body. Though until i Level it up to Lv 100 i am settling for flamethrower.

I prefer the grass starter this gen, but wat about this set for a countering Emboar?

Emboar@leftovers/focussash
    ability:blaze
    nat:impish
    EVs: 200def/202atk/50hp/58spdef
    moves:
    stoneedge
    bulk up
    heat crash
    brick break
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

^A counter to what? Not trying to be mean or anything, but your set is horrible the ev's are pointless and the nature is bad. Emboar is really bad. Use Blaziken or Infernape.

I've been doing some research and have found with an evoilite servine is superior (I puned) to serperior in all stats (besides hp wich isn't boostedby evoilite) so I made 5 sets (for every stat)

servine (ProtctNSrv)
    annoyer
    Evs: 252spe 252 hp 4 spa
    nature: timid
    @evolite
    glare
    leaf tornado
    leech seed
    coil/ calm mind/ giga drain/atrtract

this set is pretty simple glare is for paralysation giving him 75% chance of attacking. leaf tornado is stab and has a 50% chance of lowering their accuracy for more annoyance. leech seed so they're slowly being killed as they keep failing to hit me. coil would be useful as my defence will be higher so if they hit it won't do as much and accuracy boost so leaf tornado will be more likely to hit and calm mind is useful (see first reason for special) and will up the power of the stab move.

servine
    spa sweeper
    evs:252 spa 252 spe 4 hp
    nature: timid
    @evolite
    calm mind
    energy ball
    hp (ice)
    twister

A special sweeper. unfortunatly he doesn't have much to work with. calm mind for set up energy ball for stab hp ice is for some coverage and twister for more coverage. it also helps against bouncers or idiot flyers

physical sweeper
    evs: 252 atk 252 spe 4 hp
    nature: jolly
    @evolite
    coil
    leaf blade
    iron tail
    return

again not much to work with but it has stronger attacks. coil for setup also helping with the accuracy of iron tail which is used as a strong move with SOME coverage. leaf blade for stab and return for coverage.

physical wall
    evs:252 def 252 hp 4 spe
    nature: impish
    @ evolite
    coil
    leech seed
    substitute
    toxic

standard superior set for servine. coil for defense sub seeding and toxic for stalling.

special wall
    evs: 252 spa 252 hp 4 spe/spa
    calm mind/ leaf tornado
    leech seed
    substitute
    toxic

again pretty standard calm mind for spd or LT for stab and annoyance. sub seeding and toxic for stalling

my favorite set personly is the annoyer but feel free to choose your own favorite and steal them and also rate them too.

p.s the swellow set i posted someone said use retaliate and he can't learn it
    creds to mew

Spoiler:- ma sigga:

Personally I like the Special wall Servine best but if I had to pick another I would have to pick the special sweeper. If you decide to use the wall though add the four extra Evs to Sp Atk definitely.

And so here are my interesting sets for Relicanth. I've noticed that Relicanth can be a BEAST if you train him right so I want to know if I should go for a physical wall or a physical sweeper.

Sweeper

Relicanth @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Rock Head
    Evs: +252 Atk +100 Def +156 HP
    Head Smash
    Waterfall
    Stealth Rock
    Rock Polish

This set requires Rock Polish to be more efficient but if successfully setup this set can wreak havoc on my opponents. Although the Life Orb may seem a little overkill. Thoughts?

Wall

Relicanth @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Rock Head/Swift Swim/Sturdy
    Evs: +252 HP +252 Def +4 Atk
    Dive
    Stealth Rock
    Swagger / Toxic
    Harden / Facade

This set is actually quite reliable since Reli doesn't take much damage from physical attacks. The swagger and harden go together so that I can survive attacks if the confusion doesn't come through for me. Otherwise, Toxic and Facade go together. Facade because I couldn;t thin of anything else and is a good just-in case counter for annoying status conditions. Toughts?
    3DS Friend Code: 2895-7887-7462
    I live in Eastern Time (GMT -4)

the sweeping is better but you should have someone else set up stealth rocks instead of him. use earthquake or something. 2 set looks pretty good too
    creds to mew

Spoiler:- ma sigga:

Ok, everyone knows how unpredictable Lucario is/can be. That's why I hate he's placed in OU. Here are a few possible sets I've come up with. Thoughts?

Lucario@leftovers
    ability: inner focus
    nat: impish
    EVs: 245atk/200def/65spdef
    moves:
    iron defense/detect
    shadow claw/eq
    metal claw/swords dance
    ice punch

Lucario@focus sash
    ability: steadfast
    nat: timid
    EVs: 252spd/240spatk/16def
    moves:
    aura sphere(priority)
    psychic(counter)
    dark pulse/shadow ball
    detect/calm mind

Lucario@expert belt/focus sash
    ability: steadfast
    nat: jolly
    EVs: 252spd/252atk/4spdef
    moves:
    Closecombat
    shadow claw
    earthquake
    stoneedge
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

Eelektross@Leftoverrrrzzz
    Nature: Quiet
    EV’s: 252 hp 126 atk 126 sp. atk
    Ability: Levitate

1. Coil
    2. Wild Charge
    3. Grass Knot
    4. Flamethrower

Eelekrossssss is a wallbreaker, tank, and trick room abuser all wrapped up in one. Coil boosts attack, defense, and accuracy, which is always useful. Wild charge is reliable stab. Grass knot takes out swampert, gastro, and quag. Flamethrower takes out Ferrothorn and Scizor. Quiet nature is because if I do rash, his special bulk will be ruined. Leftovers helps offset damage from wild charge to get set up more coils.

EDIT: which one is better?

Eelektross@Flying Gem
    Nature: Rash
    EV’s: 252 atk 252 sp. atk 4 hp

1. Coil
    2. Thunder
    3. Dragon Claw
    4. Acrobatics

So this is another coil set. Coil also boosts accuracy, which helps out thunder. Dragon claw is physical for dragons. Acrobatics is a cool move that murders fighting types. Tell me which set you like better.
    Last edited by Pichu47; 6th October 2011 at 6:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Eelektross@Leftoverrrrzzz
    Nature: Quiet
    EV’s: 252 hp 126 atk 126 sp. atk

1. Coil
    2. Wild Charge
    3. Grass Knot
    4. Flamethrower

Eelekrossssss is a wallbreaker, tank, and trick room abuser all wrapped up in one. Coil boosts attack, defense, and accuracy, which is always useful. Wild charge is reliable stab. Grass knot takes out swampert, gastro, and quag. Flamethrower takes out Ferrothorn and Scizor. Quiet nature is because if I do rash, his special bulk will be ruined. Leftovers helps offset damage from wild charge to get set up more coils.

EDIT: which one is better?

Eelektross@Flying Gem
    Nature: Rash
    EV’s: 252 atk 252 sp. atk 4 hp

1. Coil
    2. Thunder
    3. Dragon Claw
    4. Acrobatics

So this is another coil set. Coil also boosts accuracy, which helps out thunder. Dragon claw is physical for dragons. Acrobatics is a cool move that murders fighting types. Tell me which set you like better.
    I would try this set

Eelektross @ flying gem
    Nature Sassy
    Ability Levitate
    Evs 252 sp def 252 atk 4 hp
    Moves: Coil Wild Charge Crunch Acrobatics

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

^My set was better, just saying.

I reckon the best is:

Eelektross @ leftovers
    Sassy, 252 HP, 252 spdef, 4 ATM
    Levitate
    • Coil
    • Thunder
    • Dragon claw
    • Brick break
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Page 124 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast