Page 146 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    go on smogon then
    Nevermind I just went on PO an it's banned from OU now I replaced it with this

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Timid
    Steadfast
    252 Sp. Atk 252 Speed 4 HP
    -Nasty Plot
    -Aura Sphere
    -Shadow Ball
    -Vacuum Wave

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
    Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SAtk]
    -Swords dance
    -Seed Bomb
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Recover

Celebi has always been OU for like all the gens it's been in, in competitive battling. This set is almost the exact same thing as the special set Nasty plot Celebi, but physical. Celebi is bulky as it is with 100 base stat in each stat giving it an opportunity to live certain attacks. Celebi's coverage is really great. It can take out a chansey or Blissey with ease.

I've figured a counter to celebi would be skarmory.
    I am Crimson

PO Usernames:
    - Crim
    Crimson101

Mandibuzz@Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Impish - Overcoat
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
    -Knock Off
    -Toxic
    -Roost
    -Flatter

I've been using this girl for my Sandstorm team and she is incredible on it. More often than not does she wall several pokemon on her own and wears them down with Toxic, confusion, and residual Sandstorm damage.

Knock Off is a great move that removes Leftovers, something that would have saved them from taking weather damage. Roost is for healing. Toxic is for status. The real fun comes in Flatter as it annoyingly hinders physical attackers that she walls. Mandibuzz easily switches into physical attacks. Stone Edge will do weak damage no matter who it's from, and she can Roost the HP back up quite easily.

Cryogonal@Lum Berry/Leftovers
    Timid/Calm - Levitate
    252 HP/252 Sp.Def/4 Sp.Atk
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover
    -Ice Beam/Blizzard/Frost Breath
    -Haze/Toxic

The other half of this self proclaimed 'core' if you play in Hail. Cryogonal is an underrated spinner just because of a Stealth Rock weakness. Immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes remdies half of this problem. However, he's not as frail as he looks, as he walls special attacks like a boss. Rapid Spin to do away with hazards. Recover to restore HP. You have an Ice STAB to choose from in Ice Beam, Blizzard, or Frost Breath, each with their own purposes. Haze is to keep opponents from setting up on you and ending BP chains, while Toxic can poison troublesome special attackers. You can use Haze to erase boosts on enemies behind Subs, making it extremely useful.
    Cool set though I don't like flatter. 50/50 chance just doesn't work for me, but maybe it does for you. Beware taunt though. Taunt could really mess you up.
    I am Crimson

PO Usernames:
    - Crim
    Crimson101

Originally Posted by BugZ
    My OU Sand Team that has ranked me up a ton on PO.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Impish
    Sand Stream
    252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp. Def.
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Slack Off
    -Roar

My lead/physical wall set for Hippowdon that can take a LOT of hits with its massive HP stat and it's massive Defense stat. He can also deliver hits quite well with his high Attack. Stealth Rock is essential for any team and will win you games if not spinned away. Earthquake is reliable, powerful, and all around a great move. Slack Off is to heal up 50% of your health instantly and allows you to stay alive a very long time. Roar stops sweepers from setting up or blowing away annoying *** Substitute.

Tyranitar (nicknamed Reptar) @ Leftovers
    Careful
    Sand Stream
    252 HP 252 Sp. Def. 4 Atk.
    -Payback
    -Curse
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

What? Tyranitar and Hippowdon on the same team? What is this madness?! Tyranitar and Hippowdon are both amazing in they're own way, and it's always good to have two Sand Streamers in case one is taken down by a Politoed or a Ninetales, which would be an automatic loss right there. Anyway, as you can see, this is a special wall Tyranitar that gets 3HKO by Hydro Pump from Politoed. Rest and Sleep Talk combine with each other perfectly and allow TTar to be a huge thorn in the side of any special attacker. Curse lowers TTar's useless Speed and raise its Attack and Defense increasing his offensive potential and walling capabilities, and Payback face rolls through everything after a few Curses.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    Sand Rush
    252 Atk. 252 Speed 4 HP
    -X-Scissor
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance

I know, I know, Excadrill, but he's really the only viable sweeper in Sandstorm that I've had success with besides Physical Lucario. You all know what this set does, and you know how it works, so it doesn't need much explanation as to how it works.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Impish
    Poison Heal
    252 HP 184 Def. 72 Speed
    -Toxic
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Earthquake

A Gliscor that trolls the F**K out of most of OU. If you're faster than them, and you survive their first hit, their dead. Unless they of course switch out. Toxic chips away their health along with Sandstorm. Protect and Substitute stall Toxic damage and Poison Heal recovery, until they slowly die a painful death.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    Magic Guard
    -Grass Knot
    -Focus Blast
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball

Alakazam is simply amazing when it comes to revenge killing, simply because he is unaffected by entry hazards, Sandstorm, and can absorb Will-o-Wisp and Toxic better than anyone, not to mention his huge Sp. Atk. and Speed. Psyshock is especially useful against special walls like Milotic and can still do a phesable amount of damage. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast get the famous FocusBall combo that has 100% neutral coverage. And Grass Knot takes out the massive amount of bulky Water and Ground types like Swampert and Donphan.

Scizor (nicknamed Snippy) @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    Technician
    252 HP 252 Atk 4 Speed
    -Bug Bite
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit

Scizor is the undesputed greatest revenge killer of all time, and this is the standard and most effective set of his. You know what it is, you know how it works, no need for any explanation.
    Hmm. Cool standard team. I like the fact you used Hippo instead of Ttar. Hippo works sortof better because of its bulkiness and a reliable recovery move. This team however has a weakness to water. Might wanna get a gastro or something. Maybe Vappy . Just a suggestion. Cool team.
    I am Crimson

PO Usernames:
    - Crim
    Crimson101

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson101 View Post
    Celebi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
    Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SAtk]
    -Swords dance
    -Seed Bomb
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Recover

Celebi has always been OU for like all the gens it's been in, in competitive battling. This set is almost the exact same thing as the special set Nasty plot Celebi, but physical. Celebi is bulky as it is with 100 base stat in each stat giving it an opportunity to live certain attacks. Celebi's coverage is really great. It can take out a chansey or Blissey with ease.

I've figured a counter to celebi would be skarmory.
    not bad set, just a few flaws are detected such as it is easily walled by skarmony who can whirlwind you out of your boost or even KO you with brave bird, it could use a move of higher power than seed bomb that can deal thunder/ground damage, also one thing celebi lacks that makes him OU and not ubber is his speed, if he was fast enough to outspeed a gengar or atleast get the same speed it would be a nice set.
    3ds FC: 3454-0507-2445

Quote Originally Posted by BugZ View Post
    Nevermind I just went on PO an it's banned from OU now I replaced it with this

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Timid
    Steadfast
    -Nasty Plot
    -Aura Sphere
    -Shadow Ball
    -Vacuum Wave
    Since you already have a priority move and with timid i don't recall Lucario out speeding anything spectacular, so change to modest for that extra power boost. Also mostly better to go with Dark pulse over Shadow ball

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Since you already have a priority move and with timid i don't recall Lucario out speeding anything spectacular, so change to modest for that extra power boost. Also mostly better to go with Dark pulse over Shadow ball
    According to Smogon, Timid lets you outspeed "Pokemon such as positive natured Togekiss, Gyarados, Suicune, and Nidoking." Modest is more standard though. And I agree with Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball.

What do you think?

Glaceon @ Focus Sash
    Modest
    Snow Cloak
    252 Atk Sp./252 HP/4 Def Sp.
    -Ice Beam
    -Blizzard
    -Hail/Wish
    -Mirror Coat

Ice beam and blizzard only for attacking and, hopefully, frozing. Hail for rise the evasion. Focus Sash and mirror coat for fire type move. Wish could be fo restoring HP after I use Mirror Coat
    Last edited by AlexBW; 22nd December 2011 at 7:59 PM.

3DS FC:1547 5453 7012
    Please, keep a minute of silence RIP WIFI DS
    Searching for pokemon battles, please PM me! Also, I'm always keen to get friends in the 3DS, just pm me
    Friend safari: Poison (Garbodor, Cascoon, Muk) Thanks to Chilliwray

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBW View Post
    What do you think?

Glaceon @ Focus Sash
    Modest
    Snow Cloak
    -Ice Beam
    -Blizzard
    -Hail/Wish
    -Mirror Coat

Ice beam and blizzard only for attacking and, hopefully, frozing. Hail for rise the evasion. Focus Sash and mirror coat for fire type move. Wish could be fo restoring HP after I use Mirror Coat
    Instead of using Hail, you should probably get support from Abomasnow, and Espeon would probably be more effective than Magic Coat, and if you're in Hail, you shouldn't use Ice Beam with Blizzard because Blizzard has 100% accuracy in a hailstorm, so maybe replace Ice Beam with Focus Blast

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    According to Smogon, Timid lets you outspeed "Pokemon such as positive natured Togekiss, Gyarados, Suicune, and Nidoking." Modest is more standard though. And I agree with Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball.
    If I choose Dark Pulse then I become screwed once Heracross is thrown in my face, with Shadow Ball this can't happen

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBW View Post
    What do you think?

Glaceon @ Focus Sash
    Modest
    Snow Cloak
    -Ice Beam
    -Blizzard
    -Hail/Wish
    -Mirror Coat

No point in two STAB moves. I'd try either Hidden Power Fire/Fighting or Shadow Ball over one.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Blaze
    Hasty
    252 Atk 4 SpAtk 252 Speed
    -Overheat
    -Grass Knot
    -Close Combat
    -Mach Punch

The classic wall-breaking Infernape from 4th generation that still is just as effective now. Overheat is for when you need a single, hard hitting move to take out things like Skarmory. Grass Knot is for bulky Water and Ground types such as Gastrodon, Swampert, and Donphan. Close Combat is the essential STAB move that can take out TTar and unscarfed Heatran. Mach Punch is to take out Lucario, Scarfed Heatran, and Terrakion before they sweep your team.

Quote Originally Posted by BugZ View Post
    Infernape @ Life Orb
    Blaze
    Hasty
    252 Atk 4 SpAtk 252 Speed
    -Overheat
    -Grass Knot
    -Close Combat
    -Mach Punch

The classic wall-breaking Infernape from 4th generation that still is just as effective now. Overheat is for when you need a single, hard hitting move to take out things like Skarmory. Grass Knot is for bulky Water and Ground types such as Gastrodon, Swampert, and Donphan. Close Combat is the essential STAB move that can take out TTar and unscarfed Heatran. Mach Punch is to take out Lucario, Scarfed Heatran, and Terrakion before they sweep your team.
    Indeed it is. This set is widely regarded as effective and has been so regarded for about 4 years. If you want a mixed Infernape, this is how you'd run it, so I'm not sure what kind of critique you expect to get.

Sorry if I'm posting too much on this thread but I got another Pokemon for rating, I EV my Pokes pretty fast :P

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
    Chlorophyll
    Adamant
    4 HP 252 Atk 252 Speed
    -Swords Dance
    -Horn Leech
    -Return
    -Jump Kick

I tried this out on PO, and I'm surprised it isn't used more, it's awesome. Though it should only be used in the sun. Swords Dance to raise your attack to astronomical levels. Horn Leech is the main attack and is Sawsbucks signature move and drains HP, but does less damage than Return. Jump Kick is for Steels that would otherwise wall you. I can think of only one Pokemon that resists these three moves, which is Gengar, but because he's so frail it wouldn't matter anyway.

I've got two little troll-ish sets for you guys today featuring two of my favorite Pokemon:

Infernape (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Protect
    - Torment
    - Encore
    - Fire Spin

This set isn't too viable but it's fun if you can pull it off. Firstly, if you can get dual screens up, it helps tremendously to give the little fire monkey some extra staying power. With good prediction, it's not too hard to bring him in on something that can't threaten him too much and begin setting up on it. The goal is to trap the opponent with Fire Spin, Encore it into a move, Torment it, then Protect on the turns it's able to attack. I know it's no too great but it's fun to use sometimes and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the only Pokemon able to use a set like this. (Heatran can run a similar set, but loses out on Encore)

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Rollout
    - Power Split
    - Acupressure/Defense Curl
    - Rest

Another decent-ish set, this one is meant to be used alongside Hipopotas in UU. With the boost from sandstorm and the EV investment in defense, he is extremely frustrating to face and hard to take out. While your opponent takes turns to switch around to try and counter this thing, Shuckle can use Power Split to cripple physical attackers and gain boosts with Acupressure. Once he is low on health and/or is status'd, he can Rest to regain health. Rollout is there for a really powerful STAB after Power Split and an Acupressure boost or two. The choice of item should be obvious, however the item Metronome could also be used as you'll pretty much be just spamming Rollout as an attack. I know there are plenty of hard counters to this thing, but it provides a nice surprise factor.
    Last edited by Medicham's Hat; 24th December 2011 at 8:29 PM. Reason: Gammar was horrendous :/
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

I'd use defense curl instead of accupressure

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Good point, I'll slash it as another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Medicham's Hat View Post
    I've got two little troll-ish sets for you guys today featuring two of my favorite Pokemon:

Infernape (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Blaze
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Protect
    - Torment
    - Encore
    - Fire Spin

This set isn't too viable but it's fun if you can pull it off. Firstly, if you can get dual screens up, it helps tremendously to give the little fire monkey some extra staying power. With good prediction, it's not too hard to bring him in on something that can't threaten him too much and begin setting up on it. The goal is to trap the opponent with Fire Spin, Encore it into a move, Torment it, then Protect on the turns it's able to attack. I know it's no too great but it's fun to use sometimes and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the only Pokemon able to use a set like this. (Heatran can run a similar set, but loses out on Encore)

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
    - Rollout
    - Power Split
    - Acupressure
    - Rest

Another decent-ish set, this one is meant to be used alongside Hipopotas in UU. With the boost from sandstorm and the EV investment in defense, he is extremely frustrating to face and hard to take out. While your opponent takes turns to switch around to try and counter this thing, Shuckle can use Power Split to cripple physical attackers and gain boosts with Acupressure. Once he is low on health and/or is status'd, he can Rest to regain health. Rollout is there for a really powerful STAB after Power Split and an Acupressure boost or two. The choice of item should be obvious, however the item Metronome could also be used as you'll pretty much be just spamming Rollout as an attack. I know there are plenty of hard counters to this thing, but it provides a nice surprise factor.
    Infernape set isn't viable. The monkey is far too fragile and a lot of pokemon can use it as set up fodder. Pokemon like Scizor can switch out before you do anything and into something that will threaten you like Gyarados or Salamence. Toxic will just cripple this set.

Shuckle is in the same boat, anything with substitute can set up. It lacks a recovery method and can be used as set-up fodder. It has a measly 10 base attack and won't infllict any damage and accupressure is far to unreliable in online battles. This is taunt bait.

1. Yes, Infernape isn't viable (As I stated in the first sentence), however it can work on occasion, as it can gain bulk from dual screens. You have to come in on the right Pokemon for it to work in anyway and Toxic cripples most any set that has to stay in for more than a few turns.

2. Power Split can actually make Shuckle have halfway-decent attack and cripple an opponent in the process. And I agree about Acupressure; I actually meant to put Defense Curl as the first option as it makes Rollout quite powerful, especially on the fourth and fifth times.

Aggron @Mental Herb
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly
    -Autotomize
    -Taunt
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire Punch

This is another gimmick set I thought of called AutoGron. It actually is quite useful, especially in sand teams. First I would Taunt the foe while I can, then go with Autotomize for higher speed and also in case of any low kickers out there who try to come against it. Usually, 1 or 2 Autotomizes would do but if ur in need of a lot of speed 1 more would do so. Stone Edge gets STAB which can be painful. Fire Punch to kill Ferros that try to block it. This set is actually really great.
    Wild Vanillite appeared!
    Go! Lickitung!
    Lickitung used Lick!
    Lickitung: Yummy Ice Cream!
    Vanillite: HOW DARE U TAKE A LICK OUT OF ME!
    Vanillite used Blizzard!
    Lickitung fainted!

White FC: 2236 9830 4301

looks like a good set for what it is. like all pokemon you need good team mates to take threats out like heatran

Thinking of training this
    Umbreon@leftovers
    Hp 4 Def 252 spdef 252
    careful
    Protect
    Toxic
    Moonlight
    Curse

It's purpose is poison and stall but was also considering a curse baton pass strategy

Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Medicham's Hat View Post

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
    - Rollout
    - Power Split
    - Acupressure/Defense Curl
    - Rest

Move the EV's to Sp.Def and change the nature from Relaxed to Calm. And change the Attack IV to 0.

The point of the change is to make Shuckle frustratingly hard to beat with a Special Attacker, so they'll want to send a physical attacker to try and dent Shuckle, luring them in to Power Split. The Power Split and super low Attack of Shuckle will drain the most out of your opponent and get the most Attack possible from and offensive beast like Haxorus or Conkeldurr.

You guys think Stallrens good, check out Stallicolo!
    Ludicolo@leftovers
    Ability:rain dish
    Substitute, Protect, Leach Seed, Toxic

Can potentially heal 25% of its health every turn, with protect he can heal potentially 50%. And unlike Walrean where people only predict the stall set, when people see Ludicolo, most predict the life orb swift swim set. So when they send in their wall, bam, toxiced, or bam substitute then toxiced, cribbing it for the match.
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Murder Heavangelon View Post
    Move the EV's to Sp.Def and change the nature from Relaxed to Calm. And change the Attack IV to 0.

The point of the change is to make Shuckle frustratingly hard to beat with a Special Attacker, so they'll want to send a physical attacker to try and dent Shuckle, luring them in to Power Split. The Power Split and super low Attack of Shuckle will drain the most out of your opponent and get the most Attack possible from and offensive beast like Haxorus or Conkeldurr.
    Nice, I never thought of that. And that would make Defense Curl more viable as well. Thanks

Page 146 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast