Page 148 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by feebo5 View Post
    Hydreigon@ Life Orb/Expert belt

Ability- Levitate

Ev's- 252 SpA - 252 Speed - 6 HP
    Nature- Modest
    Dark Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Flamethrower
    Focus blast/surf
    This is my special Attack sweeper. If he is in a double battle he will be out with an Infranape or a Espeon. Please Rate this pokemon.

Thanks!
    works well both moves score S.E. against heatran

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by eliteknight View Post
    works well both moves score S.E. against heatran
    Well then if he was to pick Surf over Focus Blast he wouldn't be able to use Infernape as its partner. Good set anyways.

anyways....

Would this set still do good despite the only perfect stat being HP?

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold | Hydration
    EVs: 248 HP | 252 Def | 8 SpD
    IVs: 31 | 15 | 15 | 20 | 14 | 15
    Rest | Scald | Roar | Toxic

I don't want to breed for Wish so I put Roar in to PHaze any Pokemon that try to set up. So is this set okay or do I rebreed?
    Last edited by VainAttempts; 31st December 2011 at 1:09 PM.
    Shiny Pokemon: 1

Looks alright, under rain would make it a lot better with rest and hydration. With stealth rocks or spikes on the feild this would work even better

You could use said Vaporeon as a parent and rebreed if it's concerning you about the IVs, but otherwise pretty good! If you have Toxic Spikes on the field, I'd remove Toxic and go for Ice Beam, to nail Dragons that may think of Vappy as set-up fodder.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Choice Band Terrakion is the "click a STAB and watch things die" Pokemon. There are really no counters to it, just things that can mitigate it for a while. I'm trying to find a solid counter to it, and I think I may have one.

Golurk @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge / Shadow Punch / Toxic

Immune to Close Combat, immune to Quick Attack, 3HKO'd by Stone Edge, 2-3HKO'd by Earthquake and 6HKO'd by X-Scissor from CB Terrakion. It can set up a sub on almost any move Terrakion has, and proceed to OHKO with Focus Punch. Even if the Terrakion switches out, you get a free Sub and can proceed to lay waste with your base 180 Focus Punch, backed by 381 Attack.

The last move I'm up in the air about. Stone Edge gives him EdgeQuake, Shadow Punch is boosted by Iron Fist and is STAB, and Toxic lets him break down walls (remember, this is technically a UU Pokemon; he can be walled easily). Suggestions?

Everything there seems pretty solid. The last slot is really personal preference, but toxic might be your best bet to break down walls. It really depends if you want him to be offensive or defensive. Shadow Punch is a nice move as it is reliable and has somewhere around 106 BP after stab and iron fist.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Choice Band Terrakion is the "click a STAB and watch things die" Pokemon. There are really no counters to it, just things that can mitigate it for a while. I'm trying to find a solid counter to it, and I think I may have one.

Golurk @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge / Shadow Punch / Toxic

Immune to Close Combat, immune to Quick Attack, 3HKO'd by Stone Edge, 2-3HKO'd by Earthquake and 6HKO'd by X-Scissor from CB Terrakion. It can set up a sub on almost any move Terrakion has, and proceed to OHKO with Focus Punch. Even if the Terrakion switches out, you get a free Sub and can proceed to lay waste with your base 180 Focus Punch, backed by 381 Attack.

The last move I'm up in the air about. Stone Edge gives him EdgeQuake, Shadow Punch is boosted by Iron Fist and is STAB, and Toxic lets him break down walls (remember, this is technically a UU Pokemon; he can be walled easily). Suggestions?
    Problem is that Golurk flat out sucks for any purpose besides countering Terrakion. If you want to stop Terrakion just run a bunch of checks like Latios / Scizor / etc. If you want hard counters Gligar and Slowbro both work without being useless otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Problem is that Golurk flat out sucks for any purpose besides countering Terrakion. If you want to stop Terrakion just run a bunch of checks like Latios / Scizor / etc. If you want hard counters Gligar and Slowbro both work without being useless otherwise.
    But you admit that Golurk functions as a solid counter for Terrakion. I don't see why you need to be so harsh in a Rate Thread like this.

I'd actually say that Golurk is a pretty solid check to Terrakion if it didn't have Swords Dance. Then again, This set is meant to counter CB variants, and it does its job extremely well. Given Golurk's resistances, he'll have plenty of opportunities to switch in and set up a sub, which this set is meant to accomplish.

I'd recommend Toxic in the last slot since a bulky Water is likely to be sent in, which you can poison without fear behind a Substitute. God forbid a Cloyster gets thrown at you. If Cloyster worries you, Empoleon is the answer.

How About this:
    I am BETTER than Gliscor
    Tenacruel @ Black Sludge
    Rain Dish/ Timid
    252HP/4?/252Spe
    -Aqua Ring/{Insert Water Attack Here}
    -Protect
    -Subtitute
    -Toxic (Spikes)

The idea here is to have an endless-stalling pokémon like gliscor can do. In endless rain, This thing gets the same speed as all the other base 100s, outspeeding more than gliscor. It also gets aqua ring, which can let it recover 18.75% HP every turn. That means it recovers more than it takes to make a substitute! If you use protect the next turn. Toxic or Toxic Spikes poison the opponent, letting you stall them to death.
    Just wanted to post here when I realizd Tentacruel could do this.

Spoiler:- credit:
    Joke of the {insert time interval here}
    Want 2 short jokes and 1 long joke?
    joke, joke, joooooooke

Quote Originally Posted by Sevans View Post
    How About this:
    I am BETTER than Gliscor
    Tenacruel @ Black Sludge
    Rain Dish/ Timid
    252HP/4?/252Spe
    -Aqua Ring/{Insert Water Attack Here}
    -Protect
    -Subtitute
    -Toxic (Spikes)

The idea here is to have an endless-stalling pokémon like gliscor can do. In endless rain, This thing gets the same speed as all the other base 100s, outspeeding more than gliscor. It also gets aqua ring, which can let it recover 18.75% HP every turn. That means it recovers more than it takes to make a substitute! If you use protect the next turn. Toxic or Toxic Spikes poison the opponent, letting you stall them to death.
    Just wanted to post here when I realizd Tentacruel could do this.
    While thi set seems impressive at first sight, is really not that great, rellyng on rain implies that the very common Tyranitar will ruin part of you set, not to mention you are an easy taunt bait if you don't run the water move you pretty much get walled by the one you said to outclass (Gliscor) and if it carries taunt youcan say bye bye, also something like a vaporeon with heal bell can also laugh at you, ferrothorn sets up hazards for it's team and if it can pull it off leech seeding you, another counter that came to my mind is cloyster, with rock blast it will break your sub and hit you with 3-4 more hits
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by Black Murder Heavangelon View Post
    But you admit that Golurk functions as a solid counter for Terrakion. I don't see why you need to be so harsh in a Rate Thread like this.
    That's actually very polite and amicable by her standards, and she made a good point. I've been trying it out on PO and I actually really like it, especially with Shadow Punch. I think I might keep using it. He's also one of my favorite Unova Pokemon, and I've been looking for an excuse to get one.

I'd recommend Toxic in the last slot since a bulky Water is likely to be sent in, which you can poison without fear behind a Substitute. God forbid a Cloyster gets thrown at you. If Cloyster worries you, Empoleon is the answer.
    If a Water-type comes in, I think I'm just going to burn through my Sub (if I have one) and switch. No sense trying to wear something down with Toxic that can probably just outspeed and one or two-shot me anyway. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Before Reading, keep in mind that this pokemon is used in doubles along side Politoed, Alomomola and Ferrothorn, and is currently in use in the subway against non-human opponents.

Following my (arguably boring) them of abusing Soak to my advantage, I tried out Emboar but found that it's lack of recovery was just too much and it turned out to not work well as a water type (why didn't it get drain punch... it might have been what it needed), the pokemon I used Soak on were generally slow bulky Curse users, but I got to thinking, why not something fast, and so I decided on trying out Dragonite and this is the set I came up with:

Dragonite (Adamant) @ Lum Berry
    Multiscale
    252HP 126SpA 126Spd 6Def
    Roost
    Waterfall
    Dragon Dance
    Hurricane

Roost for reliable recovery, Waterfall for rain boosted STAB, Dragon Dance for Boosting Attack and Speed, and Hurricane for hitting annoying Grass types, who would otherwise wall me and Lum berry as the Item is due to how annoying status effects are.

The strategy is to send in my Politoed and Alomomola and set up rain, switch Politoed out while targeting him with Soak to hit Dragonite on the switch and proceed to boost and sweep with Dragonites new type and resistances.

I need help tweaking the Ev's and moves of Dragonite as they are pretty much all over the place, I didn't know where to focus Ev's and I'm not sure about roost as Dragonite would be supported by Alomomola's Heal pulse as well, so any advice will be greatly appreciated. Also keep in mind that the only place I have been battling lately is in the subway against AI controlled opponents as my wifi is really, really unreliable. I am also considering moving on to Pokemon Online and any advice, regarding this team in that setting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Because he's clearly looking for a way to beat Terrakion. Yes Golurk counters Terrakion but I'm not going to sugar coat it or outright lie.. if its a Terrakion counter you're after there are better options.

Kecleon @Choice scarf
    EVs:SpDef 4/Attack 252/Hp 252
    Nature:Naughty
    Ability:Colour Change
    Move set:
    Magic coat
    Trick
    Toxic
    Sucker Punch
    Kecleon is not a powerhouse by any means, but he can be very sneaky .
    Magic coat provides protection from status, which will most certainly be there to hinder you.Toxic can kill off your foe, force them to switch ,ect.Trick will give your opponent a
    choice scarf and can really muck it up for them,either they will be stuck using a status move indeffinately or they'll be using an offensive move over and over which opens a window for you to hit them first with sucker punch. Just keep track of the move they used before you use trick so you and hit them first.

Yeah, I'm a guy that likes baking.Deal with it.

Spoiler:- Clans and leagues.:

I Claim Porygon2

Why naughty? adamant is better since you don't drop Kecleon's Excellent special Defense and I would personally change Toxic for Focus Punch, as it gives coverage and with good prediction is a excellent move next to sucker punch
    My Friend Safari:

Jellicent @ Absorb Bulb
    Ability: Cursed Body
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Sp. Def/ HP
    Nature: Sassy [+Sp. def -Speed]
    - Water Spout
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dream Eater
    - Trick Room

This pokemon is planned for Double Battles Along with my Politoed, I decided to Put Hypnosis to My Politoed and then, Dream Eater to restore HP instead of using Recover. Shadow Ball is my favorite attack to a ghost type Pokemon because it does a great damage and can decrease foe's Sp. Deffense. Water Spout Along with the Drizzle Ability + Maxium HP I think it does a great damage. Trick Room because all of my pokemon are too slow and jellicent has a Good Deffense for using it.
    Don't sugest Hidden Power please.

3DS FC:1547 5453 7012
    Please, keep a minute of silence RIP WIFI DS
    Searching for pokemon battles, please PM me! Also, I'm always keen to get friends in the 3DS, just pm me
    Friend safari: Poison (Garbodor, Cascoon, Muk) Thanks to Chilliwray

Gyarados@dragonfang
    adamant
    252atk 252spdef 4hp
    moves:
    - waterfall
    - dragondance
    - outrage
    - ice fang/thunder fang/dragon tail
    Last edited by Dragin990; 2nd January 2012 at 9:43 PM.
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBW View Post
    Jellicent @ Absorb Bulb
    Ability: Cursed Body
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Sp. Def/ HP
    Nature: Sassy [+Sp. def -Speed]
    - Water Spout
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dream Eater
    - Trick Room

This pokemon is planned for Double Battles Along with my Politoed, I decided to Put Hypnosis to My Politoed and then, Dream Eater to restore HP instead of using Recover. Shadow Ball is my favorite attack to a ghost type Pokemon because it does a great damage and can decrease foe's Sp. Deffense. Water Spout Along with the Drizzle Ability + Maxium HP I think it does a great damage. Trick Room because all of my pokemon are too slow and jellicent has a Good Deffense for using it.
    Don't sugest Hidden Power please.
    mmm interesting strategy but if you plan to activate your absrob bulb with surf I must warn you that you have the risk of activating cursed body on your partner's surf, I would use water absorb and surf instead gives relliable recovery to continiously using water spout
    My Friend Safari:

How about

Empoleon @ leftovers
    Ability: Torrent (meh)
    EV's: 252 HP/ 88 Def/ 168 SpAtk
    Nature: Bold [+Def, -Atk]
    -Ice beam
    -Toxic
    -Surf
    -Aqua ring

I use this one to tank, typically on a couple of Steel teams i have. Toxic is used the only way it can be, to cause residual damage when other options are unavailable, Aqua Ring is Aqua ring, used to accompany leftovers as somewhat decent healing, and Surf and Ice Beam are used as STAB and coverage, respectively. I realize this leaves fighting and electric weaknesses open, but Empoleon cant' cover either of those very well in any situation, and I always try to get some synergy that will help with that in the other pokemon I have.

My Friend Safari is Light type.

-By Narwhal15-
    How about

Empoleon @ leftovers
    Ability: Torrent (meh)
    EV's: 252 HP/ 88 Def/ 168 SpAtk
    Nature: Bold [+Def, -Atk]
    -Ice beam
    -Toxic
    -Surf
    -Aqua ring

I use this one to tank, typically on a couple of Steel teams i have. Toxic is used the only way it can be, to cause residual damage when other options are unavailable, Aqua Ring is Aqua ring, used to accompany leftovers as somewhat decent healing, and Surf and Ice Beam are used as STAB and coverage, respectively. I realize this leaves fighting and electric weaknesses open, but Empoleon cant' cover either of those very well in any situation, and I always try to get some synergy that will help with that in the other pokemon I have.
    I like your set, but wats gonna happen with empoleon's spdef? My reasoning for saying this is because of the ever expanding movepool's for fighting and electric types. (i.e. focus blast, aura sphere, electro ball, volt tackle) With it's base 101 spdef, I think it would be beneficial to invest just a few EVs into it for the sake of Alakazam and Lucario.
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

What do you guys think of this set for NU?

Metang@Eviolite
    Brave, 252 HP. 200 attack, 56 Def, 0 Speed IVs
    Stealth Rock
    Rest
    Gyro Ball
    Ice Punch.

With Eviolite and 56 defense EVs, Metang hits 375 defense, to go along with 324 HP, and 259 attack. With a Brave nature and 0 speed IVs, Metang hits 94 speed, so stab Gyro Ball will be something Metang can hit hard with. Ice Punch pounds Natu switching in to reflect the stealth rock, and other very common flying types wandering around NU. Ive used it on PO and its been pretty effective with a heal beller, what do you think?
    Last edited by Kalslaffin; 4th January 2012 at 2:04 AM.
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Focus Blast

A Late Game Sweeper is coming! Scarf'd Gengar give me advantage to revenge kill Latios and Terrakion. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb is Gengar primary STAB moves. Giga Drain is needed to revenge kill Scarf variants of Terrakion witch cannot outspeed Gengar. Focus Blast is really a coverage move to revenge kill some Hydreigon and maybe Terrakion too.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

The set looks good. The only thing you maybe could change would be something else over sludge bomb since it doesn't hit a lotof pokemon for SE damge even if it is STAB. Thats just a suggestion otherwise it look alright.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Focus Blast

A Late Game Sweeper is coming! Scarf'd Gengar give me advantage to revenge kill Latios and Terrakion. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb is Gengar primary STAB moves. Giga Drain is needed to revenge kill Scarf variants of Terrakion witch cannot outspeed Gengar. Focus Blast is really a coverage move to revenge kill some Hydreigon and maybe Terrakion too.
    Sup, Drop Giga Drain for Trick. There is nothing that giga drain will hit better than another move. (Except Gastrodon, but gengar shouldn't be staying in on gastrodon anyway.) Poison has absolutely horrible coverage as an offensive type so swap it for either Hidden Power Fire to nail your common switchins or go with Thunderbolt for much better coverage. Hidden Power Ice is also an option to hit the non lati dragons.

tl;dr

Focus Blast / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt or HP Ice or HP Fire / Trick

Quote Originally Posted by Kalslaffin View Post
    What do you guys think of this set for NU?

Metang@Eviolite
    Brave, 252 HP. 200 attack, 56 Def, 0 Speed IVs
    Stealth Rock
    Rest
    Gyro Ball
    Ice Punch.

With Eviolite and 56 defense EVs, Metang hits 375 defense, to go along with 324 HP, and 259 attack. With a Brave nature and 0 speed IVs, Metang hits 94 speed, so stab Gyro Ball will be something Metang can hit hard with. Ice Punch pounds Natu switching in to reflect the stealth rock, and other very common flying types wandering around NU. Ive used it on PO and its been pretty effective with a heal beller, what do you think?
    Sup, Metang is indeed viable in NU but probably not that great of a set. Remember that Metang is more akin to bronzong than metagross in terms of the way you play it and build it. In NU it is highly unlikely anyone is going to care about rocks. It is amazingly hard to keep them off the field in NU. In addition metang is one of the very few steel types that can actually do something so you'll want too make it very bulky so as to take on the fliers of the tier aka Swellow and Braviary.

With all that in mind I think a better build and moveset would be to go

Relaxed 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD 0 Speed EV.
    Stealth Rock
    Rest
    Gyro Ball
    Toxic

While I don't agree with putting rest without sleep talk this gen (Sleep mechanics were changed) I will accept that it is part of what you want on the set. Toxic over Ice Punch. Ice Punch hits very few things in the tier of note. Swellow and Braviary will be hard just as hard, if not harder, by Gyro Ball seeing as swellow is very fast and braviary almost always has a Choice Scarf. Toxic lets you actually do something to walls that will switch in. Notably Almomola, Quagsire, Wartortle and Tangela.

The EV spread lets you take as little damage as possible from U-Turns from the birds keeping you at high levels of health. In addition it lets you survive two sawk Choice Band Close Combats almost all the time. This helps greatly with breaking his sturdy safely as he is a likely switchin to metang. (Metang is more commonly a special or mixed wall which sawk can dent really hard.)

Page 148 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast