Page 154 of 185 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

can anyone give a mixed serperior and a mixed sceptile set if they can? im looking to test one out
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

Quote Originally Posted by A_TROLL_NAMED_SLACK View Post
    Kingdra@?????
    Naughty nature
    Dragon Dance
    Rest
    Waterfall
    Outrage/ Draco meteor
    EV's: 4 HP 252 Speed 252 Attack.
    Kingdra @ Chesto Berry / Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 184 HP / 160 Attk / 164 Spe
    Moves:
    -Rest
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Waterfall

Standard resto chesto set. Boosts till it's about to die, rests up and sweeps. Simples.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Palkia98 View Post
    can anyone give a mixed serperior and a mixed sceptile set if they can? im looking to test one out
    Sceptile @ Life Orb
    Overgrow
    Naughty 252 Att / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Return
    Leaf Blade
    Leaf Storm

This is your best bet. But tbh neither should go mixed.

If you are looking to break walls then these sets would be better for beating walls.

Serperior @ Leftovers
    Overgrow
    Timid 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
    Taunt
    Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain

or

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
    Overgrow
    Timid 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Leaf Storm
    Hidden Power Fire or Ice
    Focus Blast
    Dragon Pulse

Bold @ Light Clay
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def
    ~ Levitate
    - Earth Power
    - Light Screen
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

Earth Power so I'm not Taunt bait, and it does okay damage. Light Screen
    is a support move for the rest of the team, see signature. Stealth Rock is
    to help Kingdra get key KOs and break Sash's, while also keeping the Bugs
    at bay, while Rapid Spin keeps Toxic Spikes off the field.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 29th January 2012 at 7:06 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

rhyperior@leftovers aka curseperior
    evs:236hp,252sp def,22def
    nature:careful
    ability:solid rock
    moves
    stone edge
    earthquake
    megahorn
    curse

well this rhyperior is for 5gen ou he breaks walls and setsup wit ttar his special def boostes to a 343 in ss stone edge and eq for stab and eq is mandatory stone edge to hit gyrados curse is to boost up his def and attk after 2 hes a beast so it can hit shaymin with megahorn and bronzong wont like a boosted stone edge.
    Last edited by 55afrothunder; 29th January 2012 at 6:42 AM.

Credits go to golem12
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39688982
    Sig exceeds the KB size limit. Read the signature rules before editing.

User is on the trade blacklist. Removing this message will result in further bans.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post

Bold @ Light Clay
    ~ Levitate
    - Earth Power
    - Light Screen
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

I think he could use Magic Coat > Earth Power on a Trick Room team.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by DarumakkaImposter View Post
    I think he could use Magic Coat > Earth Power on a Trick Room team.
    He's not on a Trick Room team....
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Bold @ Light Clay
    ~ Levitate
    - Earth Power
    - Light Screen
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

OK, Absolutely 0 reason to be using Light Clay. You only have one screen, it's a waste. Your Claydol is hungry, it wants leftovers.
    Tbh it shouldn't even be on the set, your opponent will just use their physical attackers for a few turns, it's no real biggie for them. Get rid of it. Those leftovers made Claydol sick. It wants to use that to it's advantage, it want you to put Toxic over Light Screen. Other than that looks good. Toxic will help you alot at breaking down Ghosts so that you can spin. You could also go with Psychic instead of Toxic. Your choice.

@ Rhyperior: It looks ok. I'm not sure it will work overly well but I wont begrudge you that. My only advice would be to change the nature to Brave and go with 252 Att / 252 HP / 4 SDef as your EVs. Rhyperior needs the attack straight up as getting multiple boosts is just not going to happen in OU. Also go with 0 IVs in Speed. This way you hit min speed. Curse sets are supposed to be slow so you may as well try and outspeed as much as possible in case your opponent is running trick room.
    Last edited by brandyjay; 29th January 2012 at 8:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hades666 View Post

rhyperior@leftovers aka curseperior
    evs:236hp,252sp def,22def
    nature:careful
    ability:solid rock
    moves
    stone edge
    earthquake
    megahorn
    curse

well this rhyperior is for 5gen ou he breaks walls and setsup wit ttar his special def boostes to a 343 in ss stone edge and eq for stab and eq is mandatory stone edge to hit gyrados curse is to boost up his def and attk after 2 hes a beast so it can hit shaymin with megahorn and bronzong wont like a boosted stone edge.
    You really like Rhyperior don't ya? Anyways, He has poor special defense so those ev's won't be doing anything big to help. He may be hitting hard but a special move will most likely KO him. A substitute set could work better by sheilding him from attacks but he is just too slow sometimes. A rock polish set could work also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    I like the second one. Fire Blast does way more damage to skarm instead of fire fang. I would reccomend Dragon Claw>Dual Chop, because i'm mad about my scarf haxorus losing me battles because of a dual chop miss.
    Thanks for opinion, but I think I'll keep Dual Chop for Sash- and Sub- breaking.
    In Generation IV happened something strange. A non-legendary Pokémon, without the ability Shadow Tag, was banned to the Ubers tier. Its name was Garchomp . It was too strong for the OU metagame. But not only that, it got re-banned in Gen V. This is just an example of how awesome is Garchomp.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    You really like Rhyperior don't ya? Anyways, He has poor special defense so those ev's won't be doing anything big to help. He may be hitting hard but a special move will most likely KO him. A substitute set could work better by sheilding him from attacks but he is just too slow sometimes. A rock polish set could work also.
    actually he lives hydro pump i wish rhyperior cud learn bulk up he also lives a close combat from max attk terrakion

Credits go to golem12
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39688982
    Sig exceeds the KB size limit. Read the signature rules before editing.

User is on the trade blacklist. Removing this message will result in further bans.

He's not on a Trick Room team....
    I know. I looked at your RMT and wondered if it was. I was just suggesting that it would be good on a Trick Room team with Magic Coat.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

I know that OU Drifblim sounds ridiculous, but I really like the idea of this set. What do you guys think?

Drifblim@Leftovers
    Ability: Aftermath
    252 HP/252 Spd/4 SAtk
    Timid nature
    -Substitute
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Hex
    -Baton Pass

Max Speed to get out wisps and subs fast, Hex has base 150 power with STAB if the enemy is burned. Drifblim with max HP gets 125+ subs to pass. Is there anything wrong with this set?
    Bisharp is my loyal knight. Fear him.

Quote Originally Posted by OverpoweredScizor View Post
    I know that OU Drifblim sounds ridiculous, but I really like the idea of this set. What do you guys think?

Drifblim@Leftovers
    252 HP/252 Spd/4 SAtk
    Timid nature
    -Substitute
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Hex
    -Baton Pass

Max Speed to get out wisps and subs fast, Hex has base 150 power with STAB if the enemy is burned. Drifblim with max HP gets 125+ subs to pass. Is there anything wrong with this set?
    Drifblim is not that fast without Unburden, and a Baton Pass set should only be considered with a boosting move besides Substitute like Calm Mind
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Seriously? Unburden I get (I might put on Salac berry) but I think subs that huge are very pass-worthy. then again, I'm kind of a n00b...

Quote Originally Posted by OverpoweredScizor View Post

Drifblim@Leftovers
    252 HP/252 Spd/4 SAtk
    Timid nature
    -Substitute
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Hex
    -Baton Pass

Ok considering that Sub Passing Drifblim is a gimmick at first let's tweak this. You'll want to use unburden, even though it doesn't pass a speed boost you still want to be hitting a good speed so that your pass will go through.

Doing the calcs I think it should run 208 Speed EVs because this will let you outspeed modest scarf starmie which is probably the fasting this that can come in and ruin your day. So your best bet is 252 HP / 48 SAtt / 208 Spe with a modest nature.

As for moves I would suggest going with Substitute / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Baton Pass

This nets you good coverage and will let you sub down to your berry of choice.

Would a Curse set work at all on Tyranitar? What form of recovery does it have to use?

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Would a Curse set work at all on Tyranitar? What form of recovery does it have to use?
    Yes it can be usable taking into account that Tyranitar gets a self boost in Sp. Def from Sandstorm, sadly the only recovery you can have are items or rest, this set should only be used (In my oppinion) on a Doubles or Triples Trick Room Team
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by brandyjay View Post
    Ok considering that Sub Passing Drifblim is a gimmick at first let's tweak this. You'll want to use unburden, even though it doesn't pass a speed boost you still want to be hitting a good speed so that your pass will go through.

Doing the calcs I think it should run 208 Speed EVs because this will let you outspeed modest scarf starmie which is probably the fasting this that can come in and ruin your day. So your best bet is 252 HP / 48 SAtt / 208 Spe with a modest nature.

As for moves I would suggest going with Substitute / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Baton Pass

This nets you good coverage and will let you sub down to your berry of choice.
    Thank you. Where do you do calcs and stuff? I need in on that if i wanna go competitive. Anyway, if I run salac berry, is that passed on? Also I has another set:

Starmie@Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    252 SAtk/252 SDef/4 HP
    Calm
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam/Surf
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover

This is something of a special tank. I go max satk and sdef (or whatever i need) to have some nice power and bulk with Starmie's natural speed. Rapid Spin is to get away hazards and Recover is there to...recover. TBolt is a given, but I can't decide between Ice Beam for coverage or Surf for STAB.

I think standard offensive Tentacruel would work better. It doesn't have tbolt, but it absorbs tspikes, is better denesively and does pretty much the exact same job as you are trying to do here.

The set is:

Tentacruel @ Life Orb
    29 HP IV (For less LO recoil.)
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Hydro Pump
    Giga Drain
    Ice Beam
    Rapid Spin

It pretty much does the same job.

If you do go down that Starmie route, then I would suggest putting Scald in the second slot and investing in speed somewhere to try and reach a better benchmark or if not possibly going for Twave over Tbolt.

Yeah, starmie just doesn't work as a tank. It's use is to be fast and hit hard. If you were to use that at all though you would max out your HP ev's over special attack to let it take hits better, if it could at all. But yeah, the tentacreul set works a lot better.

I have a Hydreigon that needs evaluation.

Hydreigon@ Chopple Berry
    Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    Evs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 hp
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Dark Pulse
    -Surf

this thing has done good for me so far, I decided to use a Chopple Berry due to the fact fighting pokemon like Conkeldurr are frequent where i tend to battle, Dark Pulse is for reliable STAB coverage and helps out with the occasional flinching, Flamethrower is still good against anything weak to fire that enters, and I prefer it to Fire Blast due to the fact Fire Blast can miss at critical moments, Surf is there in place of Focus Blast, the low accuracy of the move turns me away and Surf does hit Tyranitar and Heatran for nasty damage, sure it might not be as strong, but it still hurts them.

the main issue i've been having as of late is Draco Meteor, I used to run a life orb (which turned out to be a bad idea as i had three life orb users.) which did give Draco Meteor that extra Umph it needed to plow down anything, but now the move doesn't seem to do as much and the draining effect is crippling.

I've been wondering if I should switch to dragon pulse or not, of course I will glady take any advice I can get, except for Focus Blast suggestions, if it had better accuracy i'd use it, but that's what cripples it for me.

well, you could use an expert belt to power up your moves. Specs will also destroy most things. Um, a substitute with 3 attacks can work pretty well and you can use dragon pulse on it, along with fire blast and focus blast, but since you don't wanna use that earth power would help the next most.

Default defensive Latias

hi guys i want a bit of feed back on my defensive/support Latias for this years VGC doubles, currently i have hitmontop, typhlosion, Metagross, Mence and zapdos

Latias@leftovers
    Timid
    252 Sp.Att, 252Speed, 4 HP
    Heal Pluse
    Recover
    Dragon Pulse
    Energy Ball

i decided to go with a timid nature so that i can get a quick heal pluse in to heal allies when they're in dire straights, went for recover to improve lati's longetivity enabling more heals, gone for dragon pluse so that any other dragons floating around get toasted would of gone for draco meteor but the negative effects might cripple lati's effectivness to attack back on other mon, went with energy ball to take out sand and rain teams
    My White FC : 3396-2827-7492
    PO Name: TheFox
    Time Zone: GMT+0

Able to EV mon in under 24hrs
    Can also Ev erase as well
    PM for more details

RMT : http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=560308

my fav mon:

Well, i can't rate VGC mon's since i have never played the tier. But for a latias like that max Hp would be preferable.

Page 154 of 185 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast