Page 159 of 185 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

you would need 248 SpD because it doesn't allow 6 to go into special attack.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    you would need 248 SpD because it doesn't allow 6 to go into special attack.
    That would help, wouldn't it? XD I thought I might have been going wrong because it wasn't calculating correctly.

Yeah, besides that Earth power would be better with a calm nature, otherwise try something like Sassy as it doesn't reduce your attack.

Floatzel @ Choice Band
    Trait: Water Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Aqua Jet
    - Pursuit
    - Brick Break
    - Switcheroo

The way to stop Eviolite users isn't to out-muscle their defenses, but to Trick or Switcheroo away their Eviolite; without it, they crumble. Optimally, you give them a Choice item so they can't heal either. However, most users or Trick/Switcheroo are special attackers, exactly the same as the three major Eviolite users, Chansey, Porygon2 and Dusclops. Giving them Choice Specs doesn't necessarily hinder Chansey or Dusclops in a bind, and can even help some variants of Porygon2. Optimally, you would give them a Choice Band, which is where Floatzel comes in. Floatzel is one of the only Pokemon with access to Trick or Switcheroo who can effectively run a Choice Band set.

When he's going against an Eviolite user, no Speed investment is required to outspeed them and switch items. For general purpose, he'll either be revenge killing, Pursuit trapping or hitting with priority anyway, so I've put no Speed investment in him, opting for more bulk. Brick Break finishes off the set to hit Chansey and Porygon2 if they stay in.

My worry is that he won't work very well compared to the rest of OU the 99% of the time I don't need him to be screwing over Eviolite users. Can I just get a sanity check on this?

I think it's a pretty good idea. Swift Swim could be a good option as the ability since rain teams are plenty. You'd be getting a free speed boost so it wouldn't be completely useless the rest of the time. Other pokemon like Azelf can Also trick choice bands onto eviolite users and would be able to do something after wards still. Anyway i think it's a good idea, but as you said it doesn't seem like it could do too much besides crippling evo users. Without any speed at least.

Just caught one of these and tryin to put together a good set 4 him.
    What abt this?

Magmar@LifeOrb
    jolly
    flame body
    252spd 146atk 80hp 32spdef
    - fire spin
    - thunderpunch
    - flareblitz/fire punch
    - eq/mach punch

I havent seen fire spin used much competitively, but I'd like to see how this wrks out. I wanna make him a "hold-and-hammer" set. TP and eq/mach punch for counters, flareblitz/fire punch with STAB and LifeOrb for max damage. Also, with 65 base hp would it be smarter to max out his hp EVs or just drop 'em completely?
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

What tier are you using him in? Just evolve him into a Magmator otherwise, since he has better stats. Or at least Special attack.

What tier are you using him in? Just evolve him into a Magmator otherwise, since he has better stats. Or at least Special attack.
    I'd place him in UU, but if I went Magmator then I'd probly go OU. But anyways, you have no comment on the moveset?
    Also, IMO I hate magmortar's look. He loses 10pts in spd, but gains 10 in atk...idk. Would tht set be good for a phys magmortar?

Lugia @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    Impish
    252 HP 176 Defence 80 Special Defence
    Toxic
    Recover
    Aeroblast
    Substitute

I made this lugia for ubers today and wanted to know if it works. It toxic stalls late game and avoids attacks with sub and protect. Recover is there for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by ~Sam~; 23rd February 2012 at 3:50 AM.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Lugia @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    Impish
    252 HP 176 Defence 80 Special Defence
    Toxic
    Recover
    Protect
    Substitute

I made this lugia for ubers today and wanted to know if it works. It toxic stalls late game and avoids attacks with sub and protect. Recover is there for obvious reasons.
    your taunt bait, try aeroblast or something over protect or substitute

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

^thats true one taunt and i'm struggling. I'll switch out protect with Aeroblast.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragin990 View Post
    I'd place him in UU, but if I went Magmator then I'd probly go OU. But anyways, you have no comment on the moveset?
    Also, IMO I hate magmortar's look. He loses 10pts in spd, but gains 10 in atk...idk. Would tht set be good for a phys magmortar?
    Well you could try Flame Charge to boost your speed so it has a better chance at a sweep. Also i'm pretty sure he can't learn EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    your taunt bait, try aeroblast or something over protect or substitute
    His taunt bait what?

I don't know a threatlist for Lugia in ubers, so maybe this is bad advice, but depending on how helpful/harmful Flying is on Lugia, you might consider Roost over Recover for strategic elimination of your Flying-typing like what Skarmory does in OU.

Still I like Lugia specially that move aeroblast that move can hit hehehehe
    Shy Shy Shy

Well you could try Flame Charge to boost your speed so it has a better chance at a sweep. Also i'm pretty sure he can't learn EQ.
    Oops. I just re-checked his movepool and he cnt learn eq. o well. Yea, flame charge sounds like a better idea to me too. thnx.

Magneton @ Eviolite
    Ability: Magnet Pull / Analytic
    EVs: 252HP / 252SpA / 4Def
    IV's: 0 Speed IV if using Analytic
    Nature: Modest (Quiet if using Analytic)
    - Thunder / Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon / Gyro Ball
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Magneton set with Eviolite. Don't know if this has been posted yet. Thinking of testing it but want to get an opinion first. EVs looking to give bulk while still hitting hard with its great SpA stat. IVs are optimal unless you're running Analytic. Then the speed IV needs to be minimum. Gyro Ball is there but I would prefer Flash Cannon myself. Thunder/T-Bolt, decision is based on preferred power or accuracy respectively for STAB move. (Zap Cannon available if feeling adventurous) Flash Cannon also STAB steel move. Toxic and Protect for walling pokes that resist both STAB moves. Other options are available but movepool doesn't look amazing at first glance. Any ideas and improvements are welcomed. This is my first set. Don't be too harsh....
    I have for trade

UT Adamant Magikarps with perfect Speed IVs
    UT Modest Larvesta with perfect SpA IVs
    UT Jolly Axews with perfect Speed IVs
    UT Relaxed Pinecos with perfect Defence IVs

ALL LEGIT!!

Looking for good bulky/annoyer/lead pokemon.
    Im open to suggestions so just PM me if you wanna trade and you got something good to offer.
    NO HACKS!!! Please.

I f**king love Cloyster

Quote Originally Posted by Brianocerous View Post
    Magneton @ Eviolite
    Ability: Magnet Pull / Analytic
    EVs: 252HP / 252SpA / 4Def
    IV's: 0 Speed IV if using Analytic
    Nature: Modest (Quiet if using Analytic)
    - Thunder / Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon / Gyro Ball
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Magneton set with Eviolite. Don't know if this has been posted yet. Thinking of testing it but want to get an opinion first. EVs looking to give bulk while still hitting hard with its great SpA stat. IVs are optimal unless you're running Analytic. Then the speed IV needs to be minimum. Gyro Ball is there but I would prefer Flash Cannon myself. Thunder/T-Bolt, decision is based on preferred power or accuracy respectively for STAB move. (Zap Cannon available if feeling adventurous) Flash Cannon also STAB steel move. Toxic and Protect for walling pokes that resist both STAB moves. Other options are available but movepool doesn't look amazing at first glance. Any ideas and improvements are welcomed. This is my first set. Don't be too harsh....
    Magneton is pretty nice in the lower tiers, mainly in RU. It's main niche is a Magnet Pull trapper, so it'd be best to utilize it as such. That said, Magneton is a great Pokemon for trapping and killing Steels. In order to better do this, I'd run either HP Ice or HP Fire over Flash Cannon. Either Hidden Power would help defeat the Steels that Thunderbolt can't touch (i.e. Steelix), and Flash Cannon honestly offers too little coverage. As for the others, Steels are immune to Toxic, so it won't get much use out of it if it's trapping and killing Steels. I'd also recommend Substitute over Protect. Protect would be a little better if Magneton were running Leftovers, but even then Protect is better on Pokemon with something like Wish, Leech Seed, or Rain Dish. Substitute will allow you to ease prediction for switch-ins to Magneton and hit them with the appropriate move. You can also combine it with Charge Beam to set up on some Steel types and hopefully get two kills with, but Magnet Rise can also be run to nearly completely shut down Pokemon like Steelix in RU.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. Hope they help!

So Ive been working on a kingdra set, and this is what I've decided to try, however I'm not sure if I did the damage calculations and speed correctly, so before I try it out I'd like some feedback.

Ou kingdra @white herb
    Swift swim
    Modest
    28 hp 252 sp atk 228 spd
    Agility
    Draco meteor
    Hydro pump
    Hp fire

Damage calc; the damage calc I was given stated that with this set it would deal a minimum of 360 damage to the average latias set (no ev's in sp def) which is almost a ko every time

Speed; after an agility it should outspeed a timid max speed EV latias with choice scarf by a single point

Other notes; I chose agility over rain dance and dragon dance for a few reasons. Agility won't go away unless I switch out (unlike rain which can be gone in a second), rain dance also makes ferrothorn a bigger threat (by weakening hp fire) and I wanted a special attacker. White herb is so I won't lose any power after the initial sp atk drop, swift swim is so I don't have to boost if their is rain, hp fire is for ferrothorn.
    Last edited by Dragonicwari; 24th February 2012 at 5:08 PM. Reason: Grammar mistakes

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Found this Lanturn set surprisingly effective.

Lanturn@Leftovers
    Calm - Volt Absorb - 252 HP/200 Sp.Def/ 56 Sp.Atk (EVs free to experiment with)
    -Heal Bell
    -Scald
    -Confuse Ray
    -Volt Switch

As a cleric, Lanturn has one of the few abilities that allow it to heal itself by switching in. It also has a unique move in Volt Switch, allowing it to switch out just as quickly and switch in a relieved Pokemon. Confuse Ray is made to stall the opponent with some hax should you fight something unfriendly. As much of a tank Lanturn can be, it can't take special hits forever. Scald is the last move of mention since he'll draw in Ground types like flies to honey. Thing is, the threat of being burned is always apparent, and once its found out, they'll be a lot more reluctant to switch in on you.

This Lanturn works especially well with a physically bulky Wish user like Alomomola, Jirachi, or Leafeon (nevermind the low HP).

Damage calc; the damage calc I was given stated that with this set it would deal a minimum of 360 damage to the average latias set (no ev's in sp def) which is almost a ko every time
    I'm getting 321-381, or 88.19% - 104.67%. That's still a 25% chance to KO though.

Speed; after an agility it should outspeed a timid max speed EV latias with choice scarf by a single point
    This was tripping me up for a long time until I realized you meant not factoring in Swift Swim. With one Agility and no rain you are absolutely correct, it is one point higher than Timid 252 Speed Choice Scarf Latias. However, factoring in Swift Swim, it utterly blows it out of the water (no pun intended).

Ferrothorn (M) @ (Not Sure)
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 32 Def / 28 SDef
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Substitute
    - Curse
    - Power Whip
    - Iron Head

I decided to try this on a trick room/rain team. Substitute, then curse and start sweeping. Power Whip and Iron Head for STAB.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/10ws194.gif[/IMG]

PO name: [TEG]Pika ruler
    PS name: Pika ruler

Spoiler:- Credit:

I think i would still use Gyro Ball with that set since curse is boosting your speed which makes it stronger. Unless your using it for a trick room team i guess. maybe try that out on a rain team. Defiantly leftovers as the item since you have no way to recover damage taken or substitute damage. Leech seed could go over sub so you could recover more health in the process.

Umm...I'm using it for a rain/trick room team (both at once)

Oh, i didn't understand that you meant that
    I think the sets alright then.

Thank you!! I actually made up the set myself, and it's working well on my trick room/rain team.

Page 159 of 185 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast