Page 160 of 185 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Crobat @ Nothing
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 216 HP/40 Atk/252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    - Toxic
    - Acrobatics
    - Cross Poison
    - Confuse Ray

Acrobatics and Cross Poison are used for nice Stab, Toxic + Confuse Ray are used so that can I annoy my opponent.

Give Crobat a Flight Gem. Using it will activate Acrobatics AND double its power since it's used without an item, giving you a one time 200+ something BP Flying move.

Ninetales@Life Orb
    Flash Fire
    252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Modest
    -Nasty Plot
    -Fire Blast
    -Energy Ball
    -Hypnosis/HP Rock

This is a boosting Ninetales that I think is a good idea. The thing that sets it apart from other Fires is Hypnosis, which it learns through breeding. It can put someone to sleep, set up with Nasty Plot, then make use of the great coverage that Fire Blast and Energy Ball have. Unfortunately, it has problems with other Fire-types, which is why I'm considering running HP Rock in the fourth slot instead. I'm not running Drought for three reasons:

1)I hate the Dream World
    2)I hate using weather
    3)The rest of my team has some problems with Fire-types
    Bisharp is my loyal knight. Fear him.

Quote Originally Posted by OverpoweredScizor View Post
    Ninetales@Life Orb
    Flash Fire
    252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Modest
    -Nasty Plot
    -Fire Blast
    -Energy Ball
    -Hypnosis/HP Rock

This is a boosting Ninetales that I think is a good idea. The thing that sets it apart from other Fires is Hypnosis, which it learns through breeding. It can put someone to sleep, set up with Nasty Plot, then make use of the great coverage that Fire Blast and Energy Ball have. Unfortunately, it has problems with other Fire-types, which is why I'm considering running HP Rock in the fourth slot instead. I'm not running Drought for three reasons:

1)I hate the Dream World
    2)I hate using weather
    I'm sorry, but if you aren't using Drought, don't use it in the first place. It's outclassed at just about everything. Defensively outclassed by Heatran, and offensively outclassed by Infernape, for example.

I'd go for Volcarona, because if you're using Ninetails over Infernape, it's for special bulk, and Volcarona does a better job at that with quiver dance.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 26th February 2012 at 11:45 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Ninetales@Life Orb
    Flash Fire
    252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Modest
    -Nasty Plot
    -Fire Blast
    -Energy Ball
    -Hypnosis/HP Rock

1)I hate the Dream World
    2)I hate using weather
    Hypnosis has at best shaky accuracy, giving it hp rock instead will also make it so you can hit dragon types. Ninetails isn't the bulkiest however, so if hp rock doesn't work you can always try will o wisp to boost it's physical bulk

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I'm not sure, but I think I tried teaching it will-o-wisp and it couldn't learn it. Anyway, support really isn't the point of this; the sleep is so I can set up. I hear you about Hypnosis's 60% accuracy, but I might use it anyway, idk.

yep, even though other people already have said this. Ditch Ninetales since it's severally outclassed if not used for weather. It doesn't have the best stats.

Aside from having a sleep inducing move, Volcarona does literally the same thing, only better. There is really no good reason to use a Ninetales in OU if not for Drought or pure novelty factor. I guess you could use it to try and trick people into thinking you have a sun team during Team Preview, but I'm not sure what you'd gain by having them think that if you didn't really...

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
    Moxie
    Jolly/252 Att/252 speed
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

A revenge killer and a late game sweeper. Outrage is it's main attacking move, denting anything not a steel type. Dragon Claw is if I know that my enemy still has a steel type or faster scarfer conscious. Earthquake is there for coverage, and Fire Fang is to weak while Fire Blast doesn't take advantage of Moxie. Stone Edge is mostly there to revenge kill +1 Volcarona.

I would preffer Fire Blast to get rid of comon Skarmory and Ferrothorn but oh well you set is good as long as you don't face either those pokes
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Okay, maybe Ninetales is outclassed, but I HATE Volcarona. I hate its design, its typing, everything about it. Also its so overused in OU (haha, OU in OU). I can settle for something different, but no Volcarona. I need a pokemon that can tank fire-types and hit back hard. I'm planning to have a Starmie on my team, but that's too offensively natured to really use for the same purpose. Maybe this?

Dragonite@Leftovers
    Multiscale
    128 Def/128 SDef/100 Atk/156 HP
    +SDef, -SAtk nature
    -Dragon Tail/Thunder Wave
    -Waterfall
    -Roost
    -Dragon Claw

Weird EV's, I know. I don't do calcs; I'm just thinking of what may work best. Anyway, this is a bulky tank that can take the attacks I have trouble with pretty well and hit back pretty hard. Dragon Tail is a nice support move that lets me push out anything I don't want to face, but Thunder Wave is a nice support option. Waterfall and Dragon Claw get great coverage together, and Roost is for recovery and Multiscale abuse.

Talking

Okay, maybe Ninetales is outclassed, but I HATE Volcarona. I hate its design, its typing, everything about it. Also its so overused in OU (haha, OU in OU). I can settle for something different, but no Volcarona. I need a pokemon that can tank fire-types and hit back hard. I'm planning to have a Starmie on my team, but that's too offensively natured to really use for the same purpose. Maybe this?

Dragonite@Leftovers
    Multiscale
    +SDef, -SAtk nature
    -Waterfall
    -Roost
    -Dragon Claw

Weird EV's, I know. I don't do calcs; I'm just thinking of what may work best. Anyway, this is a bulky tank that can take the attacks I have trouble with pretty well and hit back pretty hard. Dragon Tail is a nice support move that lets me push out anything I don't want to face, but Thunder Wave is a nice support option. Waterfall and Dragon Claw get great coverage together, and Roost is for recovery and Multiscale abuse.
    Max HP, HP helps more then both defenses combined.

It's okay, you fire punch could work over waterfall because it's got much better coverage, hitting everything that Dragon Claw can't except Heatran, and only Heatran.

Dragonite@Leftovers
    Multiscale
    +SDef, -SAtk nature
    -Waterfall
    -Roost
    -Dragon Claw

Tank fires? hit back, am I allowed to say Heatran?
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Mawile @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk and Speed, 4 HP
    Nature: Adamant
    - Iron Head
    - Ice Punch
    - Brick Break
    - Swords Dance

This Mawile is meant to (ab)use Sheer Force. Crunch and Ice Punch provide good coverage while abusing Sheer Force. Brick Break deals with Steels and screens. Swords Dance raises attack to higher levels. Life Orb increases damage dealt and has no recoil due to Sheer Force.
    Last edited by Regiultima; 28th February 2012 at 7:08 AM.

You could use iron head for a STAB move. Fire Fang would be a good option to go with that. Sucker punch can be another option since it is very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    You could use iron head for a STAB move. Fire Fang would be a good option to go with that. Sucker punch can be another option since it is very slow.
    Thanks for the Iron Head reminder. I was too focused on abusing Sheer Force that I forgot to add a STAB move. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Salamence @ Choice Scarf
    Moxie
    Jolly/252 Att/252 speed
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

A revenge killer and a late game sweeper. Outrage is it's main attacking move, denting anything not a steel type. Dragon Claw is if I know that my enemy still has a steel type or faster scarfer conscious. Earthquake is there for coverage, and Fire Fang is to weak while Fire Blast doesn't take advantage of Moxie. Stone Edge is mostly there to revenge kill +1 Volcarona.
    Outrage can't be used on a Moxie Salamence, being that it was a 4th gen tutor move and all.

Of course i've got a new problem, you see i've realised that I need a pokemon that can have the move Trick Room, but doesn't need to always use it, problem is...Gallade and Dusknoir are the only two pokemon I can think off to use the move without causing my team to have too many weaknesses to certain elements like bug or fighting.

If I knew which of the two was better i'd try to build a set with the chosen one.

Outrage can't be used on a Moxie Salamence, being that it was a 4th gen tutor move and all.
    Actually, it gets it as a DW move as well. It just can't have it with any egg moves such as Dragon Dance.
    Of course i've got a new problem, you see i've realised that I need a pokemon that can have the move Trick Room, but doesn't need to always use it, problem is...Gallade and Dusknoir are the only two pokemon I can think off to use the move without causing my team to have too many weaknesses to certain elements like bug or fighting.

If I knew which of the two was better i'd try to build a set with the chosen one.
    Dusknoir is if you just want to set it up and swap out, it's attack is great, but not ready to sweep.

Gallade is if you want a more offensive approach, however, it isn't exactly slow. It's more of a middling speed pokemon, so that could lead to some problems.

I'd personally go for Dusknoir, Dusclops or Jellicent.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 28th February 2012 at 8:42 PM.

and now i'm confused again--; i didn't know Jellicent could learn Trick room either not that i know of any move spreads to be built around that move on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    and now i'm confused again--; i didn't know Jellicent could learn Trick room either not that i know of any move spreads to be built around that move on him.
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/trickroom.shtml

I find it funny how Alakazam can learn it.

Hey I want to use a Breloom set without focus punch or drain punch. This is what I have as the set.

Breloom @ toxic orb
    Adamant/poison heal
    252 atk and spd 6 hp
    -brick break
    -Spore
    -seed bomb
    -rock slid
    Last edited by -Unicorno-; 28th February 2012 at 9:00 PM.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/1z1d54y.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- FC:

Spoiler:- Team Enchanted Garden:

Spoiler:- pending trades:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/trickroom.shtml

I find it funny how Alakazam can learn it.
    i get it..

How would I build one with the following moves then.

Trick Room
    Shadow Ball
    Scald/Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam

what natures, ev's and item would I use?

A bulk up set would be your best option then. Use drain punch as your fighting move.

Ok I mant no focus punch or drain punch, I know that really limits me
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/1z1d54y.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- FC:

Spoiler:- Team Enchanted Garden:

Spoiler:- pending trades:

Well yeah, you can't do anything really good with those moves i guess. I say a Bulk up set would be your best bet still.

Page 160 of 185 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast