Page 166 of 185 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonpa7 View Post

Ferrothorn @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Power Whip
    - Explosion
    - Iron Head
    - Rollout
    What? I like thinking outside the box. :3. This Ferrothorn will have 608 Spd after my Gliscor has used Tailwind. Power Whip is there for a powerful STAB attack, as is Iron Head. Gyro Ball and Curse were redundant on this set. Rollout can reach a huge Base Power of 480, and Ferrothorn is on low health then you just make it go BANG with an Explosion.
    Choice Scarf is a 1.5x multiplier, not 2.0x. It would hit 456 Speed, not 608. Still though, that's not too terrible; it could have some success if only for the lulz factor.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    No man I mean seriously no, I applaud you for being original but this is just pain wrong the only way it could be wors is if you made it a special attacker, if you really want to use Choice items then go for Choice band
    456 Speed and around 260 Attack? A little weak, but it sounds at least acceptable to me. Will he be winning a whole helluva lot with it? No, not likely. It's funny and not completely insane though.

Quote Originally Posted by golcarjack View Post
    Druddigon
    -male
    ability-rough skin
    nature-calm
    item-rocky helmet

dragon tail
    dragon claw
    toxic
    rest
    evs-252-spdf
    252-attack
    4-defense

not to sound like a broken record with my post be since he is slow as hell just try a trick room but i see you tied for a semi-wall set up but his hp is just to low to be a wall, it would have been nice if you would have explained how you planed to set him with other poke's such as batton pass cradily or something. but i would use outrage/earthquake/sucker punch/hidden power(fire) and sheer fource or mold breaker, plus they are much better abilltys and to go with trick room use brave nature since its +attack -speed so creats for a great sweeper ina trick room and destroys most other dragon sweepers

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonpa7 View Post

Ferrothorn @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Power Whip
    - Explosion
    - Iron Head
    - Rollout
    What? I like thinking outside the box. :3. This Ferrothorn will have 608 Spd after my Gliscor has used Tailwind. Power Whip is there for a powerful STAB attack, as is Iron Head. Gyro Ball and Curse were redundant on this set. Rollout can reach a huge Base Power of 480, and Ferrothorn is on low health then you just make it go BANG with an Explosion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Choice Scarf is a 1.5x multiplier, not 2.0x. It would hit 456 Speed, not 608. Still though, that's not too terrible; it could have some success if only for the lulz factor.

456 Speed and around 260 Attack? A little weak, but it sounds at least acceptable to me. Will he be winning a whole helluva lot with it? No, not likely. It's funny and not completely insane though.
    Jolly Ferrothorn hits 79 Spe.
    With CS: 79 * 1.5 = 118.5 = 119 Spe (for estimation's sake)
    With Tailwind: 119 * 2 = 238 Spe

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know where 456 came from.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post

Not only that but also the fact that it requires Tailwind support makes it unrellyable, it's tooo much effort for a not so hard hitting Choice user, Choice Band is the only Choice item Ferrothorn should ever use.
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post

Jolly Ferrothorn with 252 Speed EVs and a 31 in the Speed IV hits 152 Speed. 152 * 1.5 * 2 = 456. I assume you were calculating off of no EVs and a 0 Speed IV, like Ferrothorn is normally run.

Not only that but also the fact that it requires Tailwind support makes it unrellyable, it's tooo much effort for a not so hard hitting Choice user, Choice Band is the only Choice item Ferrothorn should ever use.
    There are lots of good Pokemon that are based around Tailwind. No, it is not the most effective use of Ferrothorn and it is highly outclassed. It is not insane though, and as a purely comedic set, it would not be suicide to use it. It's the same principle behind Swift Swim Luvdisc: the more ridiculous the set is you're using, the more gratifying it is to win with it when you do.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/ferrothorn/vgc2012

Smogon says otherwise.

My bad. had that on lv 50 stats -.-.-.-
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP, 252 Def, 8 Sp. def
    Nature: Impish
    - Power Split
    - Rest
    - Toxic
    - Mimic

I know this set is very similar to the one from the POTW, but I would like to know if it would be a decent set to use in Ubers. Obviously I will need Sandstorm active (and Wish support won't hurt it either). Power Split explains itself as does Rest and Toxic, but Mimic is the move I decided to go with instead of the POTW's recommendation. I chose Mimic because, with the right timing, I could copy a powerful attack and use that and put Power Split at an advantage. I am currently replaying Pokemon Colosseum and I wanted to use the Shuckle I obtain in that game so I figured this set could work. I know losing Knock Off is a disadvantage, but my friends typically don't have the best item decisions (ex. Blackglasses, Magnet, etc.) so I'm not too concerned with losing Knock Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Regiultima View Post
    Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP, 252 Def, 8 Sp. def
    Nature: Impish
    - Power Split
    - Rest
    - Toxic
    - Mimic

I know this set is very similar to the one from the POTW, but I would like to know if it would be a decent set to use in Ubers. Obviously I will need Sandstorm active (and Wish support won't hurt it either). Power Split explains itself as does Rest and Toxic, but Mimic is the move I decided to go with instead of the POTW's recommendation. I chose Mimic because, with the right timing, I could copy a powerful attack and use that and put Power Split at an advantage. I am currently replaying Pokemon Colosseum and I wanted to use the Shuckle I obtain in that game so I figured this set could work. I know losing Knock Off is a disadvantage, but my friends typically don't have the best item decisions (ex. Blackglasses, Magnet, etc.) so I'm not too concerned with losing Knock Off.
    While the idea seems good you have to take into account that Power Split won't give you that much attack, for example let's say you opponent is an Adamant Excadrill (405 Attack) and we assume you have 31 Ivs in attack (56 Attack) when you use Power Split both your Shuckle and the opponent's Excadrill will have 230 Attack which won't be that useful unless you Mimic Earthquake, I think your strategy is very risky not only because of Power Split not giving you that much attack but also because you have to copy one of the opponent's moves and the worst part is that Power Split ignores stats boost so if that Excadrill used Swords Dance and you used Power Split you will still get 230 Attack but Excadrill would get 230 attack with the Swords Dance Boost making it 460.

Edit: Hey I hope anyone here has some knoledge on Ubers cous I want to give this set a try:

Rayquaza @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Air Lock
    EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Overheat
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage

Now this Rayquaza is a Revenge Killer but with more power, the speed EVs allow me to outspeed +Speed nature Deoxys Normal/Attack forme, Draco Meteor let's me KO physically defensive mons while Outrage destroys the Specially defensive ones, Overheat gives me the perfect coverage with the Dragon moves and scores a sure OHKO on Ferrothorn and Excadrill, Earthquake also gives more coverage and will hit super effective on Dialga and Arceus Steel (if it got too many Calm Mind boosts), I'm also considering to use this set as a late game sweeper and Stall braker, but I would like to hear some oppinions
    Last edited by Psypert; 15th April 2012 at 5:18 PM.
    My Friend Safari:

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie
    Nature: Naive
    EV's: 56Atk / 250SpAtk / 204Spd
    -Draco Meteor
    -Outrage
    -Fire Blast
    -Earthquake

All credit goes to Trickster44!
    Thanks for the awesome UserBars Trickster44!

So, I didn't post here too much, but I'm here, and i hope to get some help:

~After reading an article on a well-know webpage about the move Gravity, I start to think about making a team around that move, and for long this is what I would use as my Gravity setter;

Dusclops @Eviolite
    Sassy / Calm / Careful /Relaxed / Bold / Impish
    EV Spread: 252 HP / 196 Defense / 62 SpDef or 252 HP / 62 Def / 196 SpDef
    Moveset:
    - Gravity
    - Night Shade
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    ~Ok, using a +Defense or +SpDef nature just allow dusclops hit 284 / 345 / 342 or 284 / 342 / 345, so he can absorb a +2 Crunch for Lucario, and survive a Night Slash from a Gust+Choice Band Heracross and Ican't think about another guys; Gravity is the key of him, Will-o-Wisp can destry physical sweepers, Night Shade is just an epic damage move allowing me to hit from an 100 HP damage to anything not normal-type pokemon. As Dusclops can't use any reliable method from recover, i stick with Pain Split as I can't use Leftovers on him, btw Wish support would be used on the team.

i don't know if Dusclops is a good setter from Gravity (is my only option actually) and I'm not sure whart nature use and what Spread use on him, A +Defense nature would go with the SpDef spread, and viceversa

Thank you
    Last edited by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX; 18th April 2012 at 4:53 AM. Reason: error code

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Nature: Adamant
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Dynamicpunch
    - Hone Claws

This is my plan for a Hone Claws Metagross. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are basic STAB while Dynamicpunch adds coverage and confuse hax (plus surprise). Hone Claws will raise the accuracy of these moves to more desirable levels instead of their current unappealing (especially Dynamicpunch) ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Regiultima View Post
    Metagross @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Nature: Adamant
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Dynamicpunch
    - Hone Claws

This is my plan for a Hone Claws Metagross. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are basic STAB while Dynamicpunch adds coverage and confuse hax (plus surprise). Hone Claws will raise the accuracy of these moves to more desirable levels instead of their current unappealing (especially Dynamicpunch) ones.
    Dynamic Punch will probably need more then one acc. boost, but I can't really tell you to drop it, since I don't know how the acc. drop works. Though I would remove Zen Headbutt for something like EQ. It's not very good coverage. But thinking about it, there isn't much EQ can hit that Dynamic Punch can't, so I'd stick with Ice Punch to smack Gliscor or Thunder Punch to hit Gyarados.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I've got a couple of ideas for pokemon I'd like to use in competitive singles but I want to know if people think they would work.

First up: Mixed defense - Wall PH Gliscor

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    Careful nature
    212HP/44Atk/252Sp.D
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance? (not sure about this moveslot)

I am more interested in knowing if the nature/ev spread is a viable option really. The HP EV's are an EV number for Poison Heal and whilst I could have gone for more EVs in HP to get 44HP return each turn rather than 43 I opted for a little bit more attack.

Second: Attacking Intimi-Top

Hitmontop@Life Orb/Leftovers
    Intimidate
    Adamant nature
    252HP/252Atk/4Sp.D
    - Fake Out
    - Rapid Spin
    - Close Combat
    - Rock Slide? (I don't have access to Sucker Punch and am not really interested in Mach Punch as I'm not plannign on using Technician)

So this is essentially a TechniTop set but using Intimidate as the ability. I also don't want to lose Rapid Spin.

Do either these look viable options or do they look ridiculous?
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Gliscor could work but toxic could be switched for a few things. Stone edge comes to mind but it's fine.

Hitmontop looks pretty good as rockslide gives it a way to hit flying types.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I'm planning to use a standart SD-croak, but I'm unable to get ice Punch on it, so what a good filler?

Toxic Croak @Leftovers / Black Sludge
    Jolly / Adamant
    Trait: Dry Skin
    4 hp / 252 Atk / 252 speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Brick break / Cross Chop
    - Sucker Punch
    - ???

Friend Safari Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post

I'm planning to use a standart SD-croak, but I'm unable to get ice Punch on it, so what a good filler?

Jolly / Adamant
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - ???
    I know that feel, bro. Since you're opting out of Ice Punch and therefore capable of giving it Drain Punch, I would suggest you use that as your Fighting STAB. As for a fourth move, just looking over its movepool, I would suggest looking at Stone Edge or Bullet Punch. Losing the ability to hit Gliscor hurts you, and there not really another good way for it to do it besides Ice Punch, but those moves look like its best alternatives. I've never personally run a Toxicroak though, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Being able to run Drain Punch will be a big asset though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post

Jolly / Adamant
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - ???
    wow no Ice Punch? that kinda sucks, but not al is lost, with that hold item and ability you could run Substitue and catch off guard something that wanted to burn you and then proceed to use Swords Dance if you do not like the idea well you can also make use of Stonoe Edge like Chaos Blizzard said, that move can give you some great coverage
    My Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I know that feel, bro. Since you're opting out of Ice Punch and therefore capable of giving it Drain Punch, I would suggest you use that as your Fighting STAB. As for a fourth move, just looking over its movepool, I would suggest looking at Stone Edge or Bullet Punch. Losing the ability to hit Gliscor hurts you, and there not really another good way for it to do it besides Ice Punch, but those moves look like its best alternatives. I've never personally run a Toxicroak though, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Being able to run Drain Punch will be a big asset though.
    wow no Ice Punch? that kinda sucks, but not al is lost, with that hold item and ability you could run Substitue and catch off guard something that wanted to burn you and then proceed to use Swords Dance if you do not like the idea well you can also make use of Stonoe Edge like Chaos Blizzard said, that move can give you some great coverage

Thank you to both of you, I know a Toxicroak whitout Ice Punch kinda sucks but I've never pay attention to that little frog x3 until now, so, I think I'm gonna use Substitute or Stone Edge as my 4th slot move c:
    I only hope B/W2 got tutors :I

Friend Safari Fire.

OK, I plan on using Gastrodon on my team. Here it is:

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Def
    Nature: Sassy
    - Recover
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake/ Earth Power

OK, its a pretty standard set. Gastrodon comes into play as Special Tank, and maybe mixed if the opponent switches on a Scald and get burned. It gets on a roll especially when it switches on a Water-type because it gets the Storm Drain Boost, pushing its base 220 Sp.Atk up to a respectable 330, making it a true Tank.

Scald is decently powerful and a burn basically eliminates the purpose of a Physical Attacker. Ice Beam is for good coverage, notably Dragons, and EQ/EP for secondary STAB. Recover heals off taken damage to increase surviveability.

The reason I chose this over others is its resistance to Electric, Water moves (x0) Rock & Fire (x1/2), which are very common, and its sole (though dangerous) x4 weakness to Grass, which is almost exclusive to Grass-types themselves these day's and can be easy to counter, thus removing most of the fear. It also seems to work well against the weather teams (all but Hail.) Having the match up against Tyratitiar, Politoed, and Ninetales (unless it runs Energy Ball/SolarBeam,)

My problem is what should I run? Earthquake or Earth Power? EQ Deals with Weather producers (as well as Volcarona, Blissey and some other Sp.Defenders) pretty well, as well as most common teammates on said teams, but Earth Power has higher power especially when it gets the Storm Drain Boost. Should it run some EV's in Defense? And should it run something else over Ice Beam, like Rain Dance simply to eliminate weather?
    B/W FC: 0862 7496 5200

(^Credit to Abagoora^)
    Art:Unvailable
    I can do one art project at a time JUST FOR MY CLAN! Note its done when its done, no deadlines and WAIT!
    See DevART for examples, No Animations!

If I ever sound mean, make a mistake, or break a rule, please be kind as to tell me before the trouble, I'd be glad to fix my mistake

Im not tolerant of others, im accepting of others!

I gots a Flipnote account! Click!

I Has A DeviantART! Click!

Before you denounce the very idea, I know its dumb. But I want to humiliate my friend, and if this worked then it would be amazing.

I'm thinking of having a gimmicky trick room set on NU that would have a Shuckle:
    Shuckle@Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Careful Nature
    252HP/4DEF/252SPDEF
    ~Power Trick
    ~Power Split
    ~Gyro Ball
    ~Toxic/Stealth Rocks/Some other move

It would come in some point after trick room had been used. Power Split both weakens opponent and strengthens Shuckle's later defense. Then Power Trick switches the massive defense with the hopefully good enough taking attack. Gyro Ball then crushes people with the terrible base 5 speed. That with the base 230 attack would be cool. When it works, that is. Probably wouldn't work too often, but I don't care if I lose using something like this. It would just make winning so much better.
    Last edited by CarneysRage; 28th April 2012 at 12:52 AM.
    White friend code: 2494 3388 7234-Hiro

Shinies: (MM-first egg!)
    RNG shinies:
    Event Shinies:
    DW Females:
    DW Males/Genderless:

I don't like acronyms. They confuse me.

Mew @ leftovers/ life orb
    Timid
    Synchronize
    X hp/ x sp atk/ 252 spd
    Cosmic power
    Recover
    Aura sphere
    Shadow ball

Most of you who look at this set are probably going to go something along the lines of Trollolol, noob. Max speed on a defensive Pokemon? No stab, this thing is going to be wrecked! Well, here is how it plays. Let's start with the fact that this right here, is a Mew. Being a Mew it is easily THE most versatile Pokemon in the game. Which is why I decided to make it into my ultimate tank. I wanted it to be fairly fast, so I put in a nature for that as well as Ev's. I plan on playing around with the ho EV until I get something that works offensively and defensively. Now I wanted it to tank anything, so I put cosmic power on it to boost it's defenses to the max. Recover is recovery and shadow ball and aura sphere are for great coverage as well as hit ghost and dark types I would have to worry about if I switched out one of these moves.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

hmm..heres a set ive been thinking of using. in fact, i made a team around it. its armaldo. dragon's seen it before, right dragon?

armaldo @leftovers
    careful
    252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
    rock slide
    rapid spin
    knock off
    x-scissor

to be used in sand, SpD reaches a staggering 424 in sand. hes a mix of a support poke and an offensive poke. x-scissor and rock slide for going on the offensive. rock slide over stone miss because, well...its stone miss. spins for spins, and knock off to get choice sets, eviolite, etc. the ev spread is unusual. 252 SpD? to make it able to tank special hits, plus maximizes special defense, which actually isnt that bad. 80 base is.... decent.

Machamp@focus sash
    Guts
    Adamant
    252atk/252def/4hp
    -Stone Edge
    -Cross Chop
    -Bulk Up
    -Substitute
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

could i get someone to see if this set can work?

heatran @leftovers
    (+defense /- attack)/ (+SpD/ -attack)
    252 hp/ 252 def(SpD)/ 4 SpA
    -eruption
    -rest
    -sleep talk
    -earth power

i'd like to know what serebii's greatest battlers think. the main goal of this set is to hit hard while still being bulky. ev spread and nature depends on the rest of the team. btw, sorry, i forgot the natures. i believe it's bold and calm, respectively. anyway, resttalk go well together with eruption, as eruption depends on the users hp. earth power is there to get flash fires and other stuff that resists fire, i.e. other fire types and rock types. leftovers to increase staying power. anyways, please rate this. i'd like to form a fwg core with it, maybe use a sandstorm team with it with gastrodon. tyranitar would be in it, of course. and gliscor. and celebi. and a spinner. wow....i think i just made a team basis....

Could someone rate this one and my Machamp?

Tauros@Lum Berry/Focus Sash
    Anger Point
    Jolly/Adamant
    252spd/200atk/56def
    moves:

-Rest
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Take Down
    -Work Up
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

Page 166 of 185 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast