Page 167 of 185 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

I know this is for single RMTs, but I've come up with a variation on Arcanine that basically gives me two on my team, but it requires another Pokémon to do it so they come as a combo. I'm hoping that this is an effective way of getting Arcanine as much time in the ring to do his thing.

@ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Flare Blitz
    - Wild Charge
    - Retaliate
    - Crunch

Arcanine is my favourite Pokémon, so I'm always going to have him in my team. It's a pretty standard Arcanine I guess, but with a twist. Flare Blitz is the STAB move, Wild Charge covers the weakness to Water, Retaliate (& therefore, the lack of Extremespeed in this set) will be explained below, & Crunch is really just to fill the 4th spot. Ghost & Psychic types are always a pain. The EVs & Nature are there just to boost it's quick attacking prowess, the Life Orb gives him the obvious extra attacking power, & Intimidate let's him perhaps get an extra turn to do his thing. He's basically a kamikaze fighter, getting in as much damage as possible as soon as possible. Once he's down to low life, I'll switch him out with…

@ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Healing Wish

Again, another (mostly) standard set with a twist. When Latias is switched in, my tactic will basically be to boost my Special stats with Calm Mind, & Recover when necessary to make her a tank with the ability to punch big holes in teams with Dragon Pulse STAB. The HP Evs are there to give her as much HP to withstand the hits to get her to that stage where she can start using Dragon Pulse to sweep opponents. With the Leftovers, it should make her a complete pain to KO. Here's where the whole point of this tag team comes in: When I feel Latias hasn't got much left in her, I use Healing Wish to bring Arcanine back into the game on the next turn, rejuvenated & ready to fight like brand new. The EVs in Speed coupled with her base 110 Speed stat should get the Healing Wish in before she can be KO'd more often than not.

Then, on Arcanine's first turn back into the game, I use Retaliate (which gets the 100% power boost from the first turn) as a super-powered Extremespeed. I know Retaliate doesn't have the speed priority that Extremespeed has, but Arcanine is pretty fast to begin with so I'm hoping, more often than not, he'll be able to get it in first & do significant, if not fatal, damage to the opponent. After the first turn, Retaliate hasn't got much use because of that lack of a speed priority, but it's base power is only 10 less than Extremespeed so it's there as a you-never-know sort of move.

Then after that first turn back into the game, Arcanine can start sweeping opponents again in typical fashion. Used correctly, this tag team essentially gives me 7 Pokémon on my team, & it lets me use my favourite & most offensive team member twice. I could even take this further & have my whole team as Arcanine & 5 speedy yet offensive Healing Wishers, so that in between Arcanine I still have an offensive threat, & when my Pokémon is about to be knocked out, I use Healing Wish & bring Arcanine back to life. After Latias, there's aren't many speedy Healing Wishers I could use, but Celebi, Jirachi, Lopunny & Shaymin could all fill that role. Using all 5 of those Pokémon alongside Arcanine, it basically giving me 11 team members thanks to Healing Wish.

I have no idea if this has been thought of before, or how effective is really is (I know a fair deal about the competitive scene, but I'm no expert), but I haven't seen anyone try this before anywhere so I'm hoping I'm onto something. Constructive criticism is more than welcome, I want to get the most out of Arcanine that I possibly can!
    X FC: 0533-5528-5272

Friend Safari: Fighting, Pancham/Machoke/Riolu

RMT Trick Room Singles

@Dragonicwari, looks like a pretty solid set if you find a good HP amount for you. Use it in UU and you'll be okay. Consider Psychic over Shadow Ball, depending on your team.

@thedarklord2155, pretty much the standard set on both of your Pokemon. Consider Stealth Rock if you don't already have it somewhere else on the Armaldo, and consider a stronger Fire-type move on Heatran.

@Dragin990, you have to put more than just the set if you want people to rate your stuff. You need at least some explanation on how you plan to use the set. For instance, why would you put Substitute on something with a Focus Sash? Why would you put a Focus Sash on something as bulky as Machamp? I'm sure you had a reason, but since I don't know it, I have to just assume your set is bad.

@derk, that actually seems like a pretty good strategy imo. It seems very well thought out. However, don't be surprised if it only works once in a while; carefully constructed plans have a tendency to not work as planned in practice. Arcanine is also notoriously frail, has bad defensive typing, and really isn't that strong compared to some other OU titans. I know you have your heart set on Arcanine and I can't blame you, but consider having at least one other Pokemon on the team who can do the same thing in case things go south with Arcanine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    @derk, that actually seems like a pretty good strategy imo. It seems very well thought out. However, don't be surprised if it only works once in a while; carefully constructed plans have a tendency to not work as planned in practice. Arcanine is also notoriously frail, has bad defensive typing, and really isn't that strong compared to some other OU titans. I know you have your heart set on Arcanine and I can't blame you, but consider having at least one other Pokemon on the team who can do the same thing in case things go south with Arcanine.
    thanks! yeah the set Arcanine has doesn't help at all with it's frailties, but it is the best way to play him i think. i know this set requires some luck and/or concentration to pull off, but i think if the whole team is built around this strategy it gives me back up Healing Wishers incase the first one gets KO'd before i can put it into motion. i've built a team with 2 sweepers & 4 Healing Wishers, i'm going to test it out on PO & then post the full team up in the forum in a couple days so watch out for that, i think this could be a really interesting strategy if it shows to have some success in practice!

RMT Trick Room Singles

Quote Originally Posted by derk. View Post
        Spoiler:- Spoiler to conserve space:
    It sounds pretty neat, actually. Though I feel as though Retaliate is wasted. It'll only be used once, and even then, Flare Blitz will still be more powerful because of STAB, and you never know when priority will save you.

Also, Luppony has such bad stats, I feel it's not worth it.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It sounds pretty neat, actually. Though I feel as though Retaliate is wasted. It'll only be used once, and even then, Flare Blitz will still be more powerful because of STAB, and you never know when priority will save you.

Also, Luppony has such bad stats, I feel it's not worth it.
    yeah it might be better to keep Extremespeed for the speed priority, i see what you mean about Flare Blitz over Retaliate. & i've built a team with 2 sweepers & 4 Healing Wishers & i didn't use Lopunny, i'm not sure why i thought that would work haha. i'll be posting the full team in the RMT forum in a couple days!

RMT Trick Room Singles

Spoiler:- Click here:

See the bold areas above for my suggestions
    Wonder Breeding Garden form Vivillon

Hypno @ Leftovers
    Ability: Insomnia
    EVs: 252 speed, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk
    Nature: Timid
    - Nasty Plot
    - Baton Pass
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

This is a slightly modified version of Smogon's Baton Pass Hypno. Timid nature to help with speed and EVs to raise speed for faster attacks and HP to survive hits. Nasty Plot + Baton Pass pretty much explains itself. Psychic is basic STAB while Focus Blast/Shadow Ball helps with coverage. I will ask that Hidden Power is NOT suggested due to Baton Pass being an XD exclusive move and those Hidden Powers are near-impossible to SR for.

i'd like someone to rate this:

jirachi @life orb/ expert belt/choice scarf
    naive/hasty
    4 atk/252 SpA/ 252 spe
    - draco meteor
    - iron head
    - thunderbolt/thunder
    - energy ball/ice punch/ fire punch/ grass knot

based off of my old jirachi set, a mixed wallbreaker, idk how good this is. the evs maximize speed and SpA, and the rest is thrown into atk. i can work on a better ev spread later. draco meteor comes from an event, and is intended to surprise the opponent. thunderbolt is just a good move in general, and with dragon, steel, and grass, is only resisted by, if i'm right, only resisted by ferrothorn/seed. iron head is usually used most, if past experiences are correct. good old flinchhax. the last move is up for grabs, as each counter specific pokes. energy ball/grass knot allow me to check water/grounds better. ice punch hits gliscor(2hko), and also completes the boltbeam combo. fire punch allows me to deal with ferrothorn, forretress, and scizor. as an alternative, thunder may be used in place of thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Regiultima View Post
    Hypno @ Leftovers
    Ability: Insomnia
    EVs: 252 speed, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk
    Nature: Timid
    - Nasty Plot
    - Baton Pass
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast/Shadow Ball

This is a slightly modified version of Smogon's Baton Pass Hypno. Timid nature to help with speed and EVs to raise speed for faster attacks and HP to survive hits. Nasty Plot + Baton Pass pretty much explains itself. Psychic is basic STAB while Focus Blast/Shadow Ball helps with coverage. I will ask that Hidden Power is NOT suggested due to Baton Pass being an XD exclusive move and those Hidden Powers are near-impossible to SR for.
    Hypno (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Insomnia
    EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Psychic
    - Baton Pass
    - Nasty Plot
    - Substitute

I think this may be a tad better. Sub, NP up, then BP. The Pokémon will be behind a Sub, and it'll have +2. You could also make it Specially Defensive. That way it can come in on virtually any Special Attacker and set up.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Since the ingame single rates are not working for my computer i guess i should post this here:

In my Pokemon White i wanna use Dewott over Samurott because of the way it looks (Don't hate on me for this)
    I wanna know whats a good set for using this Dewott, this is what i have so far:

Dewott@Eviolite
    Adamant
    Trait:Torrent
    EV's: 180 HP / 172 SAtk / 156 SDef
    -Swords dance
    -Aqua Jet
    -X-Scissor
    -Razor Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Dragin990 View Post
    Machamp@focus sash
    No Guard
    Adamant
    252atk/252def/4hp
    -Stone Edge
    -DynamicPunch
    -Bulk Up
    -Substitute
    DPunch is better due to the 100% confusion hax and use No Guard. If you want to use Guts, use Close Combat and Payback.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Kyurem the Wallbreaker
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyurem @Leftovers
    52Hp, 204Sp.Atk, 252Spe
    Pressure
    Timid
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    Kyurem has amazing potential, it just needs the right support to be great. I use this set on my 4Drag2Mag team, and it works wonders. 52hit point evs gives kyurem 404 hit points, just enough to take 2 seismic tosses/night shades, and ice beam is stab. Focus miss gives me extra coverage, and Sub+Toxic lets me stall pokemon I can't beat with sheer power, like jellicent or blissey, and kyurem is bulky enough to be able to take 2 hits from most walls before his sub breaks.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

i like your wallbreaker set gotf. i would change maybe ice beam to dragon pulse though, as since dragon is only resisted by steel, focus blast gets rid of steels, just in case either mag is out.

If you want a wallbreaker set, use a mixed LO set with something like outrage/draco meteor/Ice Beam/and a filler, probably substitute (you might want to run lefties if you take sub) it's much more effective than running toxic to beat chansey and blissey, both of which have natural cure and even aromatherapy.
    Is a Jesus Freak and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Kyurem the Wallbreaker

Kyurem @Leftovers
    52Hp, 204Sp.Atk, 252Spe
    Pressure
    Timid
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    Kyurem has amazing potential, it just needs the right support to be great. I use this set on my 4Drag2Mag team, and it works wonders. 52hit point evs gives kyurem 404 hit points, just enough to take 2 seismic tosses/night shades, and ice beam is stab. Focus miss gives me extra coverage, and Sub+Toxic lets me stall pokemon I can't beat with sheer power, like jellicent or blissey, and kyurem is bulky enough to be able to take 2 hits from most walls before his sub breaks.
    only thing is blissey usually has heal bell and softboiled/wish. Your best of switching ice beam for outrage and moving evs accordingly, dragon fighting has flawless coverage i believe and will left you hit both skarmory and blissey in their weak points

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Kyurem the Wallbreaker

Kyurem @Leftovers
    52Hp, 204Sp.Atk, 252Spe
    Pressure
    Timid
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    I'd say Shadow Ball > Toxic. While, it may ruin how you do against Blissey, it'll let you hit Jellicent with 160 base power.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Lady Baltny❤ View Post
    I'd say Shadow Ball > Toxic. While, it may ruin how you do against Blissey, it'll let you hit Jellicent with 160 base power.
    outrage hits them for 180 stab :L also hitting blissey hard in the process

Salamence @ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability:Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpAtk
    Nature: Hasty
    -Hone Claws
    -Dragon Rush
    -Fire Blast/ Hydro Pump
    -Stone Edge
    Hone Claws is the main idea of this set. After a Hone Claws Salamence's Attack reaches phenomonal numbers, and he also gets an Accuracy boost. The Accuracy boost allows him to utilize with 99 Accurate (unless the game rounds up, making it 100 Accurate) Dragon Rush. This has more power than Dragon Claw, and it doesn't have the negative effects of Outrage which locks him into a move and confuses him afterwards. The same applies for Fire Blast and Hydro Pump. Fire Blast is boosted by Sun, and Hydro Pump is boosted by Rain. Earthquake is an option to complete EdgeQuake and to have a possibly stronger move against certain Steel-types. Speaking of Stone Edge, it gets 100 Accuracy after a boost and with a boost in Attack it will be hitting pretty damn hard.
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

^^^ hydro pump over stone edge. dragon/fire/water completes perfect coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    ^^^ hydro pump over stone edge. dragon/fire/water completes perfect coverage.
    theres a problem that i failed to notice before making that post... it seems hydro pump is incompatible with Dragon Rush... so opt for Aqua Tail?
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

or, you can just use outrage/dragon pulse. d-pulse could let you make it specsmence.

Groudon
    Item:Leftovers
    Abilityrought
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Solar Beam
    Eruption
    Earthquake

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly72 View Post
    Groudon
    Abilityrought
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Solar Beam
    Eruption
    Earthquake
    I don't think Groudon learns Swords Dance, and even if it did, why are you running special attacks alongside it? I would use the Rock Polish set, if I were you. Unless it does learn Swords Dance, in which case you should run Swords Dance/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Fire Punch, or something. Or double dance, which would be Swords Dance/Rock Polish/Earthquake/Stone Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    I don't think Groudon learns Swords Dance, and even if it did, why are you running special attacks alongside it? I would use the Rock Polish set, if I were you. Unless it does learn Swords Dance, in which case you should run Swords Dance/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Fire Punch, or something. Or double dance, which would be Swords Dance/Rock Polish/Earthquake/Stone Edge.
    Groudon learns SD through TM. You are right in pointing out the special attacks though. Swords Dance won't have any boosting effects towards them at all, and Groudon isn't nearly as capable of a special attacker as it is a physical one. I would suggest giving it Stone Edge to complete EdgeQuake, and then either Thunder Wave or some physical Fire-type attack. Also, since no EVs were listed, I would max out HP and then find some balance between Attack and Defense for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly72 View Post
    Groudon

Adamant
    Abilityrought
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Stone Edge
    Fire Punch

Earthquake
    Welcome to Serebii. Changes in BOLD. I'm not that good at uber ev's, other then 252/252, so I'll leave that to someone else
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Page 167 of 185 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast