Page 168 of 185 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly72 View Post
    Groudon
    Item:Leftovers
    252attack/252 speed
    jolly

Abilityrought
    Moves:
    Swords Dance/fire punch
    rock polish
    stone edge
    Earthquake
    rock polish makes him very hard to outspeed, then he can sweep with the quake edge combo

Arceus Steel @ Iron Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 72 Sp Def / 112 Speed
    Nature: Jolly (+ Speed, - Special Attack)
    -Recover
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Toxic
    -Iron Head

(This is my first time doing this.)

This is an Arceus I've been using in Ubers in Pokemon Online. This Arceus Steel is used for sponging any Dragon type moves, mainly Outrage and Draco Meteor, and any other move that it resists. I switch Arceus Steel in to sponge an Outrage, then proceed to burn the outraging dragon with Will-O-Wisp, the Jolly nature and 112 Speed EVs insure that I outspeed any physical dragon, including Garchomp by one point, unless they are Scarfed. For Draco Meteor I switch in Arceus Steel to sponge the hit, then recover off the damage done with Recover. This put me at an advantage most of the time, after the Draco Meteor my opponent is highly likely to switch in a pokemon that has either a Fire, Fighting, or Ground move, which my Giratina-O can take the Fighting and Ground moves, while my Palkia can take the fire moves.

Toxic is used for any Walls/Stall pokemon, like Lugia, and Iron Head is for having a Stab attacking move with the possibility of flinching the opposing pokemon and so I won't be Taunt bait. Iron Head is also chosen over having a Timid nature and having Steel type Judgement for the highly unlikely chance that my Arceus Steel is facing a Chansey/Blissey and my other pokemon left are walled my them.

My EV spread chosen for HP, Def, and Sp Def is due to a little testing I did that compared to my old EV spread of 80 HP / 140 Def / 176 Sp Def, that my Arceus Steel could take hits better with the new spread. The 112 Speed EVs combined with Jolly Nature was chosen for outspeeding Garchomp by one point, This Arceus Steel was made a bit especially for getting Garchomp crippled with a Burn, and minimizing the damage it can as quickly as possible.

Honestly, I feel that Toxic and Iron Head are kind of wasted move slot space. Compared to Will-O-Wisp and Recover which are used all the time, Toxic and Iron Head are rarely to never used and I've used this Arceus Steel long enough to know its been like this since I first made it. I'm willing to risk having 4 move slots with no attacking move in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    Arceus Steel @ Iron Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 72 Sp Def / 112 Speed
    Nature: Jolly (+ Speed, - Special Attack)
    -Recover
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Toxic
    -Iron Head

(This is my first time doing this.)

This is an Arceus I've been using in Ubers in Pokemon Online. This Arceus Steel is used for sponging any Dragon type moves, mainly Outrage and Draco Meteor, and any other move that it resists. I switch Arceus Steel in to sponge an Outrage, then proceed to burn the outraging dragon with Will-O-Wisp, the Jolly nature and 112 Speed EVs insure that I outspeed any physical dragon, including Garchomp by one point, unless they are Scarfed. For Draco Meteor I switch in Arceus Steel to sponge the hit, then recover off the damage done with Recover. This put me at an advantage most of the time, after the Draco Meteor my opponent is highly likely to switch in a pokemon that has either a Fire, Fighting, or Ground move, which my Giratina-O can take the Fighting and Ground moves, while my Palkia can take the fire moves.

Toxic is used for any Walls/Stall pokemon, like Lugia, and Iron Head is for having a Stab attacking move with the possibility of flinching the opposing pokemon and so I won't be Taunt bait. Iron Head is also chosen over having a Timid nature and having Steel type Judgement for the highly unlikely chance that my Arceus Steel is facing a Chansey/Blissey and my other pokemon left are walled my them.

My EV spread chosen for HP, Def, and Sp Def is due to a little testing I did that compared to my old EV spread of 80 HP / 140 Def / 176 Sp Def, that my Arceus Steel could take hits better with the new spread. The 112 Speed EVs combined with Jolly Nature was chosen for outspeeding Garchomp by one point, This Arceus Steel was made a bit especially for getting Garchomp crippled with a Burn, and minimizing the damage it can as quickly as possible.

Honestly, I feel that Toxic and Iron Head are kind of wasted move slot space. Compared to Will-O-Wisp and Recover which are used all the time, Toxic and Iron Head are rarely to never used and I've used this Arceus Steel long enough to know its been like this since I first made it. I'm willing to risk having 4 move slots with no attacking move in any of them.
    very long description
    i love arceus steel, however i wouldnt run dual status, i also prefer calm mind set, will-o-wisp, calm mind, judgement, recover, 252hp/252def/4sp def, bold, he has taken an earthquake from +1 LO rayquaza and KOed it in return. He can basically set up on most special sweepers not named kyogre, mewtwo, and darkrai, heal off damage and start beating things down with judgement

my turn
    Dialga @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Roar

i love this dialga set, i use him in combo with lugia and the 2 are capable of phazing most uber pokemon, anoying the opponent, and making it easier for rayquaza to clean up. Fire blast for the pains ferrothorn and fortress, his bulk lets him take draco metoers, and he took a sun boosted blue flare before, and KO them back with draco meteor. i have been thinking of playing with the evs but i`m not sure
    hes main role is my lead on everything bar groudon, and sometimes then because fire blast is a 2hko

Metagross @ Zoom Lens
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe Def/4 HP
    Brave Nature (+attack, -speed)
    -Iron Defense
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Hammer Arm

The main idea of this metagross is to use Iron Defense on the first turn to better protect against earthquake. And with the zoom lens Meteor mash, Zen Headbutt and Hammer Arm have 100% accuracy if it attacks second. Hammer Arm also decreases it's speed which works well with the zoom lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashydeathfunk View Post
    Metagross @ Zoom Lens
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe Def/4 HP
    Brave Nature (+attack, -speed)
    -Iron Defense
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Hammer Arm

The main idea of this metagross is to use Iron Defense on the first turn to better protect against earthquake. And with the zoom lens Meteor mash, Zen Headbutt and Hammer Arm have 100% accuracy if it attacks second. Hammer Arm also decreases it's speed which works well with the zoom lens.

i dont see this as full useable as a strong special attacker is going to force you out, even with sp def evs, rotom wash is still a 2-3hko with hydro pump, while your a 2hko with hammer arm and zen headbutt in return. Also this set cant do much to gliscor and other walls, thus making the boost useless

Mienshao@expert belt
    252 Special attack, 252 special defence, 4 speed
    Modest
    Regenerator
    Calm mind
    Baton pass
    Aura sphere
    Hidden Power Flying

Calmmind is to boost sp. atk and sp. def. Baton pass is to pass on the boosts and to get back health while swiching into something. Aura sphere is more reliable than Focus blast and never misses. Hidden power flying is to beat fighting,grass and bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaptable Porygon-Z View Post
    Mienshao@expert belt
    Modest
    Regenerator
    Calm mind
    Baton pass
    Aura sphere
    Hidden Power Flying

Calmmind is to boost sp. atk and sp. def. Baton pass is to pass on the boosts and to get back health while swiching into something. Aura sphere is more reliable than Focus blast and never misses. Hidden power flying is to beat fighting,grass and bug.
    meinshao lacks the defenses to pull of a successful boost set i think :L

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    meinshao lacks the defenses to pull of a successful boost set i think :L
    Actually I saw a set on youtube before with BU Mienshou. It devistated unprepared opponents.
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Adaptable Porygon-Z View Post
    Mienshao@expert belt
    Modest
    Regenerator
    Calm mind
    Baton pass
    Aura sphere
    Hidden Power Flying

It could work to get one boost in or so as they switch to a ghost type/Gliscor and then Baton pass out. I'd say there are better ones, but the surprise factor might help out.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

idk, i`m still not convinced, there are much better baton passers and this set fails to hold its own against counters to meinshao such as CB scizor, or any priority move basically, PLUS with no speed he is outpaced by most of the metagame, thus being a problem

Pupa's got swag
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pupitar @Eviolite
    Adamant
    240Hp 160Atk 108Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Rest
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    This is pupitar's best chance of working in ou. The given speed values let it outspeed all positive nature base 100s after 2 ddances. Pupitar is surprisingly bulky with 341 hit points,264 defense, and 396 special defense in sand. Honestly, pupa's just like scrafty just with worse defensive typing. And speed.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Pupa's got swag
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pupitar @Eviolite
    Adamant
    240Hp 160Atk 108Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Rest
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    This is pupitar's best chance of working in ou. The given speed values let it outspeed all positive nature base 100s after 2 ddances. Pupitar is surprisingly bulky with 341 hit points,264 defense, and 396 special defense in sand. Honestly, pupa's just like scrafty just with worse defensive typing. And speed.
    Who do you set-up on? It has a horrid defensive typing... And why Rest? No Chestro-Rest because of Eviolite means that it has to sleep for 2 turns and it will die way too quickly. A weakness to Fighting, Water, Grass, Ice, Ground, and Steel do not help it at all. The first 5 are very common. And Bullet Punch and Mach Punch leave it easily revenged. If you look at its resistances, Fire is accompanied by either a Grass or Ground move, Electric s usually accompanied by an Ice move, Poison is a horrid offensive typing but is generally only used by Venusaur, who has STAB Grass moves, Flying is usually accompanied by Fighting or Ground, and Rock is usually accompanied by Ground or Fighting.

All I am saying is good luck setting up one DD, much less 2.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Entei @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Preassure
    EVs: HP:252/ATK:252/SPD:4
    Nature: Adamant
    - Flamethrower
    - Fire Fang
    - Stone Edge
    - Dig
    Entei Is A really Good Physical Sweeper ... Using Stone Edge And Dig To Attack Pokemon Who Have The Resistance For Fire ... Having A Great HP And Having Sitrus berry To Annoy The Foe... And Using Flamethrower For The Pokemon With Low SP.DEF

Black ID
    0175 - 7289 - 0552
    PPM

First Iranian Pokemon Group
    \m/ I'll DIE FOR METAL \m/
    The Real Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Hax_R_Us View Post
    Who do you set-up on? It has a horrid defensive typing... And why Rest? No Chestro-Rest because of Eviolite means that it has to sleep for 2 turns and it will die way too quickly. A weakness to Fighting, Water, Grass, Ice, Ground, and Steel do not help it at all. The first 5 are very common. And Bullet Punch and Mach Punch leave it easily revenged. If you look at its resistances, Fire is accompanied by either a Grass or Ground move, Electric s usually accompanied by an Ice move, Poison is a horrid offensive typing but is generally only used by Venusaur, who has STAB Grass moves, Flying is usually accompanied by Fighting or Ground, and Rock is usually accompanied by Ground or Fighting.

All I am saying is good luck setting up one DD, much less 2.
    I use my insane special defense to set up on pokes like defensive heatran. And did I forget to mention that pupa has shed skin? Looks like I did.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Haxachi (Jirachi) @ Shuca Berry
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk / 200 SDef / 56 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Punch
    - Thunder Wave
    - Iron Head

First use Thunder Wave, then use SR. And next Iron Head like crazy. I'm not too sure about the item and the EV spread..... Please respond.

that is kinda standard actually.

Dance Haxorus, Dance!

Haxorus @Yache Berry/Lefties/Lum Berry/Sash
    Adamant/Jolly
    252Atk, 252Spe, 4Other
    Mold Breaker
    -Dragon Claw
    -Superpower
    -Dragon Dance
    -Swords Dance
    Haxorus can run a pretty effective dual dance set now that he has a decent fighting typ attack. I mean, brick break is fine, but I prefer more powerful attacks. Your attacks get perfect coverage, and you have a dance for any situation, although ddance takes top priority when the 'saurus comes out into the battle. You could also spring for a more defensive ev spread.

You'd be better running Outrage over Dragon Claw. At +2, hardly anything will survive 2 rounds of Outrage.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

True, but I don't want to be locked into one move. And dragon claw is really all I need.

Ride of the Vol-kyries
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volcarona @Lefties/Lum Berry
    Bold
    Flame Body
    248Hp, 144Def, 16Sp.Atk, 100Spe
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fiery Dance
    -Hidden Power Ground/Bug Buzz
    -Roost
    This set gives me significent bulk, decent speed, and a little extra punch in my attacks all rolled up into a self sufficient moth-looking monster! Hp ground is the prefered move because it lets me take on any terrakions and all non-air balloon heatrans, although bug buzz lets me hit slowbro harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Ride of the Vol-kyries
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volcarona @Lefties/Lum Berry
    Bold
    Flame Body
    248Hp, 144Def, 16Sp.Atk, 100Spe
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fiery Dance
    -Hidden Power Ground/Bug Buzz
    -Roost
    This set gives me significent bulk, decent speed, and a little extra punch in my attacks all rolled up into a self sufficient moth-looking monster! Hp ground is the prefered move because it lets me take on any terrakions and all non-air balloon heatrans, although bug buzz lets me hit slowbro harder.
    Main Bug Buzz. Heatran and Terra are all threats that can be easily handled by teammates.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

clefable @leftovers
    (+ SpD/-atk)
    252 hp/ 252 S. def
    - cosmic power
    - softboiled
    - charge beam
    - ice beam

lategame sweeper clefable. 'nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    clefable @leftovers
    (+ SpD/-atk)
    252 hp/ 252 S. def
    - cosmic power
    - softboiled
    - charge beam
    - ice beam

lategame sweeper clefable. 'nuff said
    Is it wrong to assume it has magic guard?

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

yes. XD

It has magic guard, preffered ability.

I personnally like stall clefable with mixed defensive capabilities and knock off/softboiled/seismic toss/filler.

Page 168 of 185 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast