Page 169 of 185 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

this set can stall while setting up. it has the defenses to cosmic power, then heal. repeat until necessary. then, when ready, charge beam to build up SpA.

Rotom-w @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick
    - Hydro Pump

I needed a spin blocker, and Gengar was too weak, so using Rotom seemed cool. Then I decided to slap specs just because I felt like it, and man, this thing is a beast with layers. Not only it stops spin like a pro , but it hits like a truck. Hydro Pump OHKOs Heatran, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Mamoswine, and all the bunch, and it also OHKOs standard Scarf Tyranitar with Spikes and SR up, yeah, its that strong. Thunderbolt doesnt get behind, it 2HKOs even the bulkiest Jirachi, Scarf Tyranitar, every Forretress and Heatran (up to 75% damage offensive ones), it does around 80% to standard Band Scizor, and it even 2HKOs Scarf Rotoms! Oh but the best part isnt all that, but Thunderbolt has an inmense chance of OHKOing a Lucario after Stealth Rock, so this thing also acts as a Lucario counter, it also 2HKOs a Suicune that has +1, in case Vaporeon fails somehow. Also everything with similar bulk to Lucario or less will be OHKOd by Thunderbolt even if its Neutral. Shadow Ball is used for things like Shaymin, as even Max HP Shaymin is 2HKOd after Stealth Rock; Celebi is a OHKO, it OHKOs even the bulkiest Rotom, hits grounds when I dont feel like risking Hydro Pump, and the likes. Trick is for Blissey and Snorlax, although I barely use it, between Roars from Heatran on Blissey/Lax and layer damage, Rotom can usually KO them when they try to get in on them.
    Claw
    White FC: 2924 5343 2338

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSkarmNess View Post
    Rotom-w @ Choice Specs
    Timid nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick
    - Hydro Pump

I needed a spin blocker, and Gengar was too weak, so using Rotom seemed cool. Then I decided to slap specs just because I felt like it, and man, this thing is a beast with layers. Not only it stops spin like a pro , but it hits like a truck. Hydro Pump OHKOs Heatran, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Mamoswine, and all the bunch, and it also OHKOs standard Scarf Tyranitar with Spikes and SR up, yeah, its that strong. Thunderbolt doesnt get behind, it 2HKOs even the bulkiest Jirachi, Scarf Tyranitar, every Forretress and Heatran (up to 75% damage offensive ones), it does around 80% to standard Band Scizor, and it even 2HKOs Scarf Rotoms! Oh but the best part isnt all that, but Thunderbolt has an inmense chance of OHKOing a Lucario after Stealth Rock, so this thing also acts as a Lucario counter, it also 2HKOs a Suicune that has +1, in case Vaporeon fails somehow. Also everything with similar bulk to Lucario or less will be OHKOd by Thunderbolt even if its Neutral. Shadow Ball is used for things like Shaymin, as even Max HP Shaymin is 2HKOd after Stealth Rock; Celebi is a OHKO, it OHKOs even the bulkiest Rotom, hits grounds when I dont feel like risking Hydro Pump, and the likes. Trick is for Blissey and Snorlax, although I barely use it, between Roars from Heatran on Blissey/Lax and layer damage, Rotom can usually KO them when they try to get in on them.
    That's a pretty standard implementation of Specs Rotom, so I have no suggestions on how to improve it. A lot of people will say you should use Volt Switch over T-Bolt, but I personally disagree with this suggestion. More importantly however, you said you were using this as a spin blocker? How does that work with Rotom-W? It isn't a Ghost-type.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSkarmNess View Post
    Rotom-w @ Choice Specs
    Timid nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick
    - Hydro Pump

Rotom-W is not a ghost type and therefore cannot be a useful spin-blocker. Just sayin'.

I live in Eastern Time (GMT -4)

hes using it in 4th gen. but thats still a standard specs set. nothing new.

Use hydro pump. Its freaking wash rotom. Oh wait. nvm.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

One of my favorite sets for my favorite Pokemon.

Espeon @ Light Clay
    Magic Bounce
    252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    -Psychic
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Heal Bell / Hidden Power [Fight]

Fairly standard support Espeon. Psychic is STAB, as usual. Reflect and Light Screen give my team a nice defensive boost - especially with Light Clay, which elongates their effects to eight turns. Heal Bell is a new addition that BW2 brought to the table, and I think it works quite well with a support set. Alternatively, I could use Hidden Power [Fight] to protect myself from common threats such as Ferrothorn and Tyranitar.

Which option do you guys think is smarter, Heal Bell or Hidden Power [Fight]?

Edit: Forgot to post the ability, haha. Fixed.
    Last edited by MikeHill005; 1st July 2012 at 11:16 PM.
    [IMG]http://www.gamese****ch.com/090703-hiimdaisy.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHill005 View Post
    One of my favorite sets for my favorite Pokemon.

Espeon @ Light Clay
    Magic Bounce
    252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    -Psychic
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Heal Bell / Hidden Power [Fight]

Fairly standard support Espeon. Psychic is STAB, as usual. Reflect and Light Screen give my team a nice defensive boost - especially with Light Clay, which elongates their effects to eight turns. Heal Bell is a new addition that BW2 brought to the table, and I think it works quite well with a support set. Alternatively, I could use Hidden Power [Fight] to protect myself from common threats such as Ferrothorn and Tyranitar.

Which option do you guys think is smarter, Heal Bell or Hidden Power [Fight]?

Edit: Forgot to post the ability, haha. Fixed.
    Hidden Power [Fighting]. It makes Espeon less vulnerable and just sending it out reflects pretty much all status inflicting moves. There's no need to heal statuses when you can reflect them no? But this leaves you open to moves such as Body Slam.

I live in Eastern Time (GMT -4)

My Dragonite in Rain, I dunno if it's standard or not s:

Dragonite (obv) @ Lum berry
    4 att/ 252 spA/ 252 spd
    Hasty/Naive
    Multiscale
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Thunder

I use this Dragonite in Rain, with Multiscale it can almost every time get a DD up, Lum berry is for Outrage confusion or somebody trying to WoW/Toxic/Spore/T-Wave me, Earthquake if for Steels and to abuse Rain Thunder for Skarmory's etc.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    My Dragonite in Rain, I dunno if it's standard or not s:

Dragonite (obv) @ Lum berry
    4 att/ 252 spA/ 252 spd
    Hasty/Naive
    Multiscale
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Thunder

I use this Dragonite in Rain, with Multiscale it can almost every time get a DD up, Lum berry is for Outrage confusion or somebody trying to WoW/Toxic/Spore/T-Wave me, Earthquake if for Steels and to abuse Rain Thunder for Skarmory's etc.
    I would like to start this off by saying you are pouring a ton of ev's into an offensive stat that not only has a single attack, but that attack is also unreliable out of rain. I realize that dragon dance should (in theory) cover this up fairly well, but I feel like you could put less ev's into this stat. What is the bulkiest thing you want to kill with thunder? I will do damage calcs and find the min amount of ev's you will need.

Secondly, I believe you are fairly well walled by ferrothorn.

Thirdly, if you lose the weather war to any other weather I think this set will be fairly ineffectual.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

^ineffectual? Ineffective is the word. Just saiyan.

@ Life Orb
    Modest Nature [+SpA, - Atk]
    EVs: 52 HP / 240 SpA / 216 Spe
    [Pressure]
    - Substitute
    - Roost
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Earth Power

With the long-sought-after tutors blessing Kyurem with recovery and a key coverage tool, this set aims to take advantage of Kyurem's best duo of BW2 tutor moves and the huge 130 base SpA stat it holds. It can also attempt to PP stall slower opponents, something which other common sets can't do. Substitute and 52 HP EVs guarantee the infamous 101 HP subs, which help against things like Sableye and other crap that Kyurem beats easily. The 216 Speed EVs allow you to beat Adamant Lucario and OHKO it with Earth Power. Roost forms the well-known SubRoost combination that can stall opponents to no end, and allows Stealth Rock, Life Orb and Substitute damage to be almost no hassle. Dragon Pulse is the best attack for this set, and allows it to hit with good neautral coverage. Earth Power is a great tool, allowing it to hit Heatran for an easy OHKO without the risk of Focus Blast.

However, bulky Grass-types like Celebi now threaten this set more than other sets, and this set can easily allow Scizor to setup. Still, the few drawbacks I have stated may not exist when team support is involved. Air Balloon Heatran can switch in on both of them (but Superpower OHKOs from CB Scizor, so be wary) and KO with Fire Blast, and has decent synergy. Be wary of Conkeldurr, though.

Speaking of which, Liquid Ooze Tentacruel can take on Conkeldurr, as Drain Punch hurts Conkeldurr a little, whilst Scald can eventually wear it down.
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 3rd July 2012 at 10:42 PM.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

^^ saiyan, I thought it was saying unless you were talking about goku? Anyways, other than the problems you listed their seems to be nothing wrong with the Kyurem set

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

May have already been thought of, I've never tested it, but just a theory of a possible Breloom I'd like to see peoples thoughts.

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Technician | Jolly
    4 HP / 252 atk / 252 spe
    - Wake Up Slap
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed
    - ???

One of Brelooms key attributes and what it is famously known for is the 100% accurate sleep move in Spore. Now I was just scrolling around its moveset when creating a team on PO and I saw "Wake Up Slap". This idea jsut popped into my head and I thought it might be decent. Now as I stated Breloom's ability to put Pokemon to sleep is a huge focus of it. Wake Up Slap has 60 base Power, meaning it will not only get the STAB bonus, but a Technician bonus as well. Now if Breloom had put a Pokemon to sleep like it does so well and they stay in, this attack doubles in Power. This attack coming off of Breloom's already sky high attack stat should murder anything that doesn't resist it.

Now as I stated this is just a "theory" I came up with just now. I don't have any intention to really use it competively unless it proves to be better than the current TechniLoom. I just wanted to hear any thoughts people have about this.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    One of Brelooms key attributes and what it is famously known for is the 100% accurate sleep move in Spore. Now I was just scrolling around its moveset when creating a team on PO and I saw "Wake Up Slap". This idea jsut popped into my head and I thought it might be decent. Now as I stated Breloom's ability to put Pokemon to sleep is a huge focus of it. Wake Up Slap has 60 base Power, meaning it will not only get the STAB bonus, but a Technician bonus as well. Now if Breloom had put a Pokemon to sleep like it does so well and they stay in, this attack doubles in Power. This attack coming off of Breloom's already sky high attack stat should murder anything that doesn't resist it.

Now as I stated this is just a "theory" I came up with just now. I don't have any intention to really use it competively unless it proves to be better than the current TechniLoom. I just wanted to hear any thoughts people have about this.
    Two problems immediately come to mind.

1. You say that because Wake Up Slap is base 60 that it will get the Technician boost, but then you also say that you're using it with Spore to get the base power to double. Are these things able to be used in conjunction like that?

2. Most people are not going to leave the thing you just put to sleep in long enough for you to use Wake Up Slap on them, and since you can only put one thing to sleep at a time under standard rules, you wouldn't be able to just put its successor to sleep also and then continue your strategy. Your strategy assumes the sleeping Pokemon is going to stay in, which will almost never happen.

Otherwise it looks okay.

a STAB Technician boosted Wake Up Slap is also a "decent" move in itself anyway power wise.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    a STAB Technician boosted Wake Up Slap is also a "decent" move in itself anyway power wise.
    Although Wake Up Slap is Breloom's most powerful move, it doesn't have any of the 'extras' that its other fighting moves have. Drain Punch has a smaller base power, however it also has healing, which is a valuable attribute. Mach Punch is weaker, however it has priority, making it a valuable attribute when you're facing something like a Terrakion, who would otherwise easily OHKO you. Although Wake Up Slap does seem like a good option at first, when you see what its alternatives can do, it often seems like they would be the better choice. Wake Up Slap will also wake up the opposing pokemon, which makes it very hard to KO things like Jirachi. I'm also not sure if you can use the technician boosts, due to its base power being doubled by the waking up, which would ruin your whole strategy.

Although it does look sound at first, it's not actually a great option for you to be doing, when its alternatives are much stronger. Breloom really needs priority to get past its low speed, and Wake Up Slap does not accommodate those needs.

^To be fair, Spore/SD/Mach Punch/Bullet Seed is the set that works really well. Wake-Up Slap isn't that good when Mach Punch only ends up with 40+20+30=90 Base Power, and has priority, assuming I calculated correctly with that (+20 Technician, +30 STAB).

^To be fair, Spore/SD/Mach Punch/Bullet Seed is the set that works really well. Wake-Up Slap isn't that good when Mach Punch only ends up with 40+20+30=90 Base Power, and has priority, assuming I calculated correctly with that (+20 Technician, +30 STAB).

Wake-Up Slap is a terrible move for Breloom and in general. You basically get rid of one of the best status in the game and the main reason anyone would use Breloom. There really isn't much else to use on Breloom outside of Low Sweep, Mach Punch, or Force Palm. All of them deal hefty damage against things (Mach Punch KOs a boatload of things at +2). Wake-Up Slap is pretty much inferior in every way, because Sleep is too valuable of a status to sacrifice.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Breloom-Toxic Orb
    Ability-Poison Heal
    EV's-4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
    Nature-Adament
    Moves-
    Spore
    Focus Punch
    Seed Bomb
    Substitute

This set is a semi-sweeper along with my Alakazam and it can stay on the field for a while and KO a few pokes as well. Just figured if I could make it better why not.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    That's a pretty standard implementation of Specs Rotom, so I have no suggestions on how to improve it. A lot of people will say you should use Volt Switch over T-Bolt, but I personally disagree with this suggestion. More importantly however, you said you were using this as a spin blocker? How does that work with Rotom-W? It isn't a Ghost-type.
    My bad:P I thought it was ghost-type but the set is still good
    Claw
    White FC: 2924 5343 2338

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    Breloom-Toxic Orb
    Ability-Poison Heal
    EV's-4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
    Nature-Adament
    Moves-
    Spore
    Focus Punch
    Seed Bomb
    Substitute

This set is a semi-sweeper along with my Alakazam and it can stay on the field for a while and KO a few pokes as well. Just figured if I could make it better why not.
    Might want to look into Jolly over Adamant. Otherwise that's a pretty standard set.

Lilligant @ Lum Berry
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    -Sleep Powder
    -Quiver Dance
    -Petal Dance
    -Hidden Power [Rock]

This is fairly similar to the standard Lilligant but with a few changes that I think improves it. It is meant to be a setup sweeper for mid-to-late game in UU. Once you're in, if you need to force something out, use Sleep Powder; otherwise, start Quiver Dancing. I'm using Petal Dance over the more standard Giga Drain for the increase in power, but more importantly, I'm using Own Tempo over Chlorophyll because it allows me to spam it without worrying about confusing myself. If you manage to eliminate enough things that resist Grass before you send it out, it can be fairly devastating after one or more Quiver Dances. The final slot goes to HP Rock, allowing me to hit everything for at least neutral damage except Steel. Lilligant's very limited movepool makes it a little hard to have wide coverage however.

Petal Dance is a decent idea, but Grass isn't the best of offensive typings and gets easily resisted by things, e.g Fire, Steel, other Grasses, Dragons, Poison, Flying, Bug. This gives them a technical free set-up turn or gives them the chance to kill you, since Petal Dance doesn't let you switch. I mean, it's possible for this thing to sweep late game, but a +1 Sp. Att sometimes won't be enough to kill resisted threats. Basically, for flawlessness you're goin to need to kill Arcanine, Roserade, Bronzong, Arcanine, Weavile, Bisharp, Crobat, Dusclops, Registeel, Togekiss, Shaymin, Zapdos, etc.

Oh, and by the way, I think we need Serebii Single Rates Archive Nominations. Maybe it'll get people's creative juices flowing...
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Ninetales @Leftovers / Life Orb
    Trait: Drought
    Nature: Timid (+Speed / -SpAtk)
    EVs: 108 HP / 148 SpAtk / 252 Speed
    > Heat Wave
    > Energy Ball
    > Hidden Power [Ice / Ground / Fight]
    > Nasty Plot
    ~ Well after Nasty Plot Ninetales reaches a notting bad amount of 470, letting roast 252HP/252SpDef Ferrothorn even in Rain with Heat Wave, also it could land a 2HKO on CBTar and 252HP/252SpDef Politoed with Energy Ball after using Nasty Plot. The set I'm trying to use is bulkier than the standar sweeper set; I'm not sure if use a 252SpAtk / 252 Speed EV-Spread or the spread above to get more power.

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

Page 169 of 185 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast