Page 170 of 185 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Could Techni-loom run a Drain Punch set?

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Technician | Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Drain Punch

I was thinking about the Conkeldurr dual-punch set, and Breloom does get the boost on both the punches. The only thing was the bulk, which Conkeldurr has but Breloom shouldn't sacrifice Spore for Bulk Up...
    What do you guys think?
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Quote Originally Posted by terrytorterra View Post
    Could Techni-loom run a Drain Punch set?

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Technician | Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Drain Punch

I was thinking about the Conkeldurr dual-punch set, and Breloom does get the boost on both the punches. The only thing was the bulk, which Conkeldurr has but Breloom shouldn't sacrifice Spore for Bulk Up...
    What do you guys think?

I'd prefer Swords Dance over Drain Punch, even thoug you recover a little is not very reliable imo

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

Clefable@Leftovers
    Calm
    Magic Guard
    252 HP/252 SpDef
    -Stealth Rock
    -Wish
    -Heal Bell
    -Seismic Toss

I know Stealth Rock looks out of place, but Clefable is the only pokemon in existence that gets Stealth Rock, Wish and Heal Bell/Aromatherapy on the same set apart from Smeargle, unless Delcatty gets Stealth Rock now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Clefable@Leftovers
    Calm
    Magic Guard
    252 HP/252 SpDef
    -Stealth Rock
    -Wish
    -Heal Bell
    -Seismic Toss

I know Stealth Rock looks out of place, but Clefable is the only pokemon in existence that gets Stealth Rock, Wish and Heal Bell/Aromatherapy on the same set apart from Smeargle, unless Delcatty gets Stealth Rock now.
    Blissey says hi.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Blissey says hi.
    then terrakion says hi jk what tier is he playing

Quote Originally Posted by hades666 View Post
    then terrakion says hi jk what tier is he playing
    Blissey says hi.
    Forget to mention I'm playing in UU, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Golurk @ Life Orb
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    Nature: Adamant
    - Drain Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Shadow Punch
    - Rock Polish

So yeah, with B2/W2 providing Golurk with so many move tutor options, it's possible to make one hell of a Golurk. He has all the punches to make a good spread of coverage and I've still yet to decide his best so far. The above is what I have settled for the time being.

With the base power of 75+20%+30 from both Life Orb and Iron Fist, he's capable of OHKing alot of the pokemon even with higher defenses.

Drain Punch is good synergy with Life Orb and covers a lot of the heavy guys and can OHK them like T-Tar and Hydreigon.

Fire Punch takes out Ferrothorn and other tanks either in 1 hit or 2 (ferrothorn dies in 1 due to 4x weakness where as Skarmory dies in 2 due to only having 2x).

Shadow Punch has weaker base power but has stab and covers pesky pyshics in one hit.

Rock Polish is brilliant for set up as you can switch golurk in safely, polish as they switch to an answer and then hit hard with any punch.

Overall, he's fun!

its pretty funny you think that golurk will outspeed the fast-paced metagame at +1, the general acceptance of how many boosts you are liable to get. even at max speed, its outsped by a whole lot. might as well switch them speed evs to hp and give it some bulk to get at least one hit in. the choice band set is probably th3 best yet,

golurk @choice band
    adamant
    252 hp/ 252 atk
    - drain punch
    - shadow punch
    - ice punch
    - earthquake

or whatever the evs are.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    its pretty funny you think that golurk will outspeed the fast-paced metagame at +1, the general acceptance of how many boosts you are liable to get. even at max speed, its outsped by a whole lot.
    Actually, it will. Rock Polish gives +2, not +1, so max Speed Adamant Golurk at +2 hits 418, which is faster than anything you'll find in the tier that doesn't also have boosts or a scarf. For reference, it edges out max speed Jolteon by a pretty sizable amount, and there's not really anything faster than that without a scarf or boosts of its own. If you're smart about when you send it in, you totally could pull off that Golurk. I think it looks like a good set.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish / Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / (4 Atk OR 4 SpDef)
    -Metal Burst
    -Sacred Sword
    -Toxic
    -Protect / Stealth Rock

This Cobalion, unlike most sets, doesn't aim to be a fast or particularly powerful attacker. This Cobalion is meant to be a physical wall to tank hits against the likes of Heracross, Azumarill, Dragon-locked Flygon, or any of the other strong physical attackers in UU. Its typing and solid physical defenses allow it to do just that. Metal Burst can be used to hit extremely hard without having to invest in any Attack EVs, while Sacred Sword gives me a nice STAB move that I can use against anything slower than me. Toxic would be useful for stalling the likes of Slowbro if it comes in on me. The last slot I'm for now giving to Protect, as it allows me to stall for more Toxic damage, scout, and get some Leftovers recovery, but Cobalion just got Stealth Rock through the BW2 move tutors, and the team he's be going on doesn't currently have a SR-er. Also note that the team he's be going on would be able to pass 170 HP Wishes to him, which is why I'm staying away from any stat-up moves or Rest.

One question I have in particular is whether or not it would be useful to run him with a Speed IV of 0. Cobalion is faster than most stuff in the tier and is typically run with max Speed, but Metal Burst is his primary means of doing damage and will fail if he's faster than his opponent. Is it worth it trying to slow him down? This is of course when I'd run Relaxed over Impish, as slashed.

I have recently been trying to come up with new strategies. I was thinking about creating a Rain Team for Double Battles. I wuld like to use Thundurus.

Thundurus @ Magnet
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: Attack/spA
    Nature: Lonely (attack good, bad defense)
    - Thunder (powerful attack)
    - Discharge (double battle number 1 move)
    - Sludge Wave (type coverage/toxic target)
    - Brick Break (takes advantage of attack)
    - Rain Dance (what I want to add)

I want to know what moves I should leave on my Thundurus. Thunder is a strong move. I use discharge though to ko two birds (sometimes literally) with one stone! I also use Sludge Wave for type coverings. In my game, it seems to frequently poison my opponents. My Thundurus has a high attack. So I thought one physical move wouldn't hurt. That is why I used Brick Break. Plus it deals with Rock Types. I now want to add rain dance, as I have several Flying and Water Pokemon who could use it. Rain Dance would move first because of Priority.

Name: Leaflo
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Teams:

Team White in Rotation:

Looking for Vivillionof the world. Legendaries too!
    I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfect ivs, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are and treat them like individuals instead of drones. So I herd u leik teh mudkipz
    I have a group of Mudkips and Shinx looking for a good home. Pm me with offers. May just give them away for a Patrat

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Cobalion @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish / Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / (4 Atk OR 4 SpDef)
    -Metal Burst
    -Sacred Sword
    -Toxic
    -Protect / Stealth Rock

This Cobalion, unlike most sets, doesn't aim to be a fast or particularly powerful attacker. This Cobalion is meant to be a physical wall to tank hits against the likes of Heracross, Azumarill, Dragon-locked Flygon, or any of the other strong physical attackers in UU. Its typing and solid physical defenses allow it to do just that. Metal Burst can be used to hit extremely hard without having to invest in any Attack EVs, while Sacred Sword gives me a nice STAB move that I can use against anything slower than me. Toxic would be useful for stalling the likes of Slowbro if it comes in on me. The last slot I'm for now giving to Protect, as it allows me to stall for more Toxic damage, scout, and get some Leftovers recovery, but Cobalion just got Stealth Rock through the BW2 move tutors, and the team he's be going on doesn't currently have a SR-er. Also note that the team he's be going on would be able to pass 170 HP Wishes to him, which is why I'm staying away from any stat-up moves or Rest.

One question I have in particular is whether or not it would be useful to run him with a Speed IV of 0. Cobalion is faster than most stuff in the tier and is typically run with max Speed, but Metal Burst is his primary means of doing damage and will fail if he's faster than his opponent. Is it worth it trying to slow him down? This is of course when I'd run Relaxed over Impish, as slashed.
    The thing I really don't like about Metal Burst is that it requires Cobalion to take a hit, which compromises its health and utility as a tank. It might be better to replace it with another utility move, like Taunt or Roar. Hidden Power Ice could also be useful if you come into a Flygon trapped into Outrage, and Volt Switch could have its uses for momentum-gaining as well.

Quote Originally Posted by a cat View Post
    I have recently been trying to come up with new strategies. I was thinking about creating a Rain Team for Double Battles. I wuld like to use Thundurus.

Thundurus @ Magnet
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: Attack/spA
    Nature: Lonely (attack good, bad defense)
    - Thunder (powerful attack)
    - Discharge (double battle number 1 move)
    - Sludge Wave (type coverage/toxic target)
    - Brick Break (takes advantage of attack)
    - Rain Dance (what I want to add)

I want to know what moves I should leave on my Thundurus. Thunder is a strong move. I use discharge though to ko two birds (sometimes literally) with one stone! I also use Sludge Wave for type coverings. In my game, it seems to frequently poison my opponents. My Thundurus has a high attack. So I thought one physical move wouldn't hurt. That is why I used Brick Break. Plus it deals with Rock Types. I now want to add rain dance, as I have several Flying and Water Pokemon who could use it. Rain Dance would move first because of Priority.
    I'm not an expert on Doubles, but I've found that the fast paced battles makes the Electric Gem a very valuable item, so you could try that over the Magnet. I'd also replace Brick Break with Superpower, which hits much harder. If you want to replace something with Rain Dance, replace Sludge Wave.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
    Ability: Serene Grace
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Heal Bell
    -Air Slash

This is a very unorthodox Togekiss set as far as I can tell, but if it works, it will fill a particular niche I have on my UU team almost perfectly. Right now I'm running a Crobat to stop Fighting-type Pokemon like Heracross and Mienshao, and just physical attackers in general. It works well, but it has a distinct lack of power I find debilitating. On an unrelated note, several members of my team are very susceptible to status, and just being stalled and slowly worn down in general. I'd like to

A) Replace my Crobat with something stronger, but that can still tank physical attacks and stop Fighting-types, and
    B) Find something to Wish-pass and something to heal status.

Have I found it? Togekiss can pass 187 HP Wishes, which would be a nice chunk for most of the rest of my team, and use Heal Bell to heal their status. Additionally however, with the given EV spread, it can tank physical hits almost as well as Crobat, while still maintaining its famous Special bulk. Here are some calcs I just ran to demonstrate this point.

252 Jolly Scarf Heracross w/ Close Combat vs Togekiss = 37.97% - 44.92%
    252 Jolly Scarf Heracross w/ Stone Edge vs Togekiss = 42.25% - 50.27%
    252 Jolly LO Mienshao w/ Hi Jump Kick vs Togekiss = 53.74% - 63.37%
    252 Jolly LO Mienshao w/ Stone Edge vs Togekiss = 55.08% - 65.24%
    252 +2 Timid Leftovers Mismagius w/ Thunderbolt vs Togekiss = 84.49% - 99.47%
    252 Timid LO Raikou w/ Thunderbolt vs Togekiss = 71.39% - 84.22%
    252 Timid Scarf Chandelure w/ Overheat vs Togekiss = 58.82% - 69.25%

Togekiss w/ Air Slash vs standard Heracross = 131.13% - 154.97%
    Togekiss w/ Air Slash vs standard Mienshao = 105.88% - 124.63%

Is this set crazy or does it have any potential? I'm guessing I should probably put at least a little more into its special bulk, but how should I go about finding a good spread? And finally, will Wish+Protect instead of Roost be too much of a detriment to it?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
    Ability: Serene Grace
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Heal Bell
    -Air Slash

This is a very unorthodox Togekiss set as far as I can tell, but if it works, it will fill a particular niche I have on my UU team almost perfectly. Right now I'm running a Crobat to stop Fighting-type Pokemon like Heracross and Mienshao, and just physical attackers in general. It works well, but it has a distinct lack of power I find debilitating. On an unrelated note, several members of my team are very susceptible to status, and just being stalled and slowly worn down in general. I'd like to

A) Replace my Crobat with something stronger, but that can still tank physical attacks and stop Fighting-types, and
    B) Find something to Wish-pass and something to heal status.

Have I found it? Togekiss can pass 187 HP Wishes, which would be a nice chunk for most of the rest of my team, and use Heal Bell to heal their status. Additionally however, with the given EV spread, it can tank physical hits almost as well as Crobat, while still maintaining its famous Special bulk. Here are some calcs I just ran to demonstrate this point.

252 Jolly Scarf Heracross w/ Close Combat vs Togekiss = 37.97% - 44.92%
    252 Jolly Scarf Heracross w/ Stone Edge vs Togekiss = 42.25% - 50.27%
    252 Jolly LO Mienshao w/ Hi Jump Kick vs Togekiss = 53.74% - 63.37%
    252 Jolly LO Mienshao w/ Stone Edge vs Togekiss = 55.08% - 65.24%
    252 +2 Timid Leftovers Mismagius w/ Thunderbolt vs Togekiss = 84.49% - 99.47%
    252 Timid LO Raikou w/ Thunderbolt vs Togekiss = 71.39% - 84.22%
    252 Timid Scarf Chandelure w/ Overheat vs Togekiss = 58.82% - 69.25%

Togekiss w/ Air Slash vs standard Heracross = 131.13% - 154.97%
    Togekiss w/ Air Slash vs standard Mienshao = 105.88% - 124.63%

Is this set crazy or does it have any potential? I'm guessing I should probably put at least a little more into its special bulk, but how should I go about finding a good spread? And finally, will Wish+Protect instead of Roost be too much of a detriment to it?
    This set works nicely on Bulky Offense/Semistall. Just a suggestion, maybe give Toxic a Slash after Heal Bell if you're not big on Clericing and want to break down Defensive cores. It really works, in a sense, like the Blobs. Personally, I feel status is superior.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

@Chaos. But the problem you now I have, is Togekiss doesn't x4 resist fighting moves. They're nuetral. Meaning you can't tank them all day erryday, errytym. What type of Crobat were you using before?
    Goodbye friends. My Pokémon drive is reaching zero, so I'm gonna go do other stuffs. Love you all. c:

-Alex

This set works nicely on Bulky Offense/Semistall. Just a suggestion, maybe give Toxic a Slash after Heal Bell if you're not big on Clericing and want to break down Defensive cores. It really works, in a sense, like the Blobs. Personally, I feel status is superior.
    The whole point of using it would be to cleric. I'm probably going to have a proper toxic staller somewhere else on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Lady Baltny❤ View Post
    @Chaos. But the problem you now I have, is Togekiss doesn't x4 resist fighting moves. They're nuetral. Meaning you can't tank them all day erryday, errytym. What type of Crobat were you using before?
    Standard, minus some speed and plus some attack.

Glaceon
    Item:??
    Nature: timid/ often dozes off
    IVs: 31/10/31/31/31/31
    EVs: 252 Hp/252 SpAtk/4 Def???
    Ability: snow cloak
    -wish
    -ice beam
    -hidden power??
    -shadow ball??

As you can see I need help with glaceon. I'm not sure about the moveset, or the Evs I should invest. I was thinking of making him a sweeper... But I just dont see that working out well with his low base speed... Seems more situational. I know he has a timid nature, but since his IVs are near flawless I figured I could give it a Ev spread that doesn't restrict me to a speed spread. Any advice? I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by cobaltlion69; 25th July 2012 at 2:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltlion69 View Post
    Glaceon
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: bold
    IVs: 31/10/31/31/31/31
    EVs: 252 Hp/252 SpAtk/4 Def???
    Ability: snow cloak
    -wish
    -ice beam
    -hidden power electric
    -shadow ball?? /protect

As you can see I need help with glaceon. I'm not sure about the moveset, or the Evs I should invest. I was thinking of making him a sweeper... But I just dont see that working out well with his low base speed... Seems more situational. I know he has a timid nature, but since his IVs are near flawless I figured I could give it a Ev spread that doesn't restrict me to a speed spread. Any advice? I'd appreciate it.
    I wouldn't put any speed ev's in, but instead make him a tank. Leftovers+protect will give you a lot of recovery with wish. Hp electric+icebeam gives you a pseudo bolt beam coverage. Modest nature can be used for more offensive prowess

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    I wouldn't put any speed ev's in, but instead make him a tank. Leftovers+protect will give you a lot of recovery with wish. Hp electric+icebeam gives you a pseudo bolt beam coverage. Modest nature can be used for more offensive prowess
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll take everything into consideration except the nature seeing how I can't change that lol. I know a bold or modest glaceon would obviously be a better choice, but that's not what I'm working with. That's why I posted this, and I really don't want to IV breed again neither.
    Last edited by cobaltlion69; 25th July 2012 at 6:25 AM.

Weatherless Tornadus-T
    Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
    Ability: Regenerator
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Hurricane
    - Heat Wave/Hidden Power(Ice)
    - Tailwind
    - U-turn
    Predicted Tier:OU
    I predict that Tornadus-T is going to receive tremendous use in and out of Rain. Get passed his weakness to Stealth Rocks, it's terrible pure Flying typing, and you are looking at a monster. Although he may not be Über material, he can certainly fit into the OU Tier; his typing hinders him.

Hurricane- Strong STAB attack, Rain Counter: This move is used as a STAB attack: If Rain is present, it becomes a threat, so Politoed is immediately intimidated. It will be especially useful as the release of BW2 has blessed Rain Dance teams with the Therian forms, Keldeo, and Genesect. You can almost bet Rain Dance teams are going to dominate the Metagame.

Heatwave/Hidden Power (IceCoverage against Steel (Resist Hurricane), or Therian/ Dragon killer: Heatwave destroys cocky Steel types who think that they can switch in, but many Steel types take neatrul damage Hurricane anyway, and Rain makes it's power laughable. Hidden Power (Ice) beats down Tornadus-T's bane: Choice Scarf Thunderous. If this btch switches in on Hidden Power (Ice), it will not survive. This applies to and Especially to Landorus-T and Dragons.

Tailwind- Support Speed Boost, (Mamoswine Drug): Tailwind is used to setup sweeps for Tornadus-T's slower but extremely powerful teammates, and Mamoswine receives an honorable mention. Mamoswine will (should) receive tremendous usage due to the release of the Therian Forms, Technician Breloom, and Regenerator Amoongus. His own DW ability, Thick Fat, gives him the resistances where it matters most, and with the right move set, checks the sht out of things under a Tailwind. Great teammate for Tornadus-T.

U-turn- Hit-and-Run Tactic, Regeneration: This move does not need explanation, but whatever. Used to smack slower opponents and absorb any damage done by Stealth Rocks and attacks. Tornadus-T will enjoy be immortal, unless he is killed straight up.

Tornadus-T is a Lead that uses Hit-and-Run tactics To weaken (if not KO) it's opponents and setup sweeps for it's teammates.
    Last edited by EnochHill; 25th July 2012 at 9:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    Breloom-Toxic Orb
    Ability-Poison Heal
    EV's-4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
    Nature-Adament
    Moves-
    Spore
    Focus Punch
    Seed Bomb
    Substitute

This set is a semi-sweeper along with my Alakazam and it can stay on the field for a while and KO a few pokes as well. Just figured if I could make it better why not.
    Tornadus-T is going to be the bane of Breloom, especially with a Lum Berry. Good set, though.

Infernape@fire gem
    Ability:Blaze
    EVs:4 HP/252 Att/252 Spd
    Nature:Brave(+Att -speed)
    Moves:
    Toxic
    Earthquake
    Flareblitz
    Bulk up

Toxic is for extra damage while bulk up is for building up more attack and defense.Flare Blitz is for STAB and
    Earthquake is coverage against rock types.The attack EVs are for Flareblitz and earthquake.Speed EVs are there to get toxic in first then bulk up.

Omega - 1/1/13

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan18 View Post
    Infernape@fire gem
    Ability:Blaze
    EVs:4 HP/252 Att/252 Spd
    Nature:Brave(+Att -speed)
    Moves:
    Toxic
    Earthquake
    Flareblitz
    Bulk up

Toxic is for extra damage while bulk up is for building up more attack and defense.Flare Blitz is for STAB and
    Earthquake is coverage against rock types.The attack EVs are for Flareblitz and earthquake.Speed EVs are there to get toxic in first then
    bulk up.
    You need some adjustments here... Nature should be jolly or adamant. I'd switch out bulk up for something else. Toxic is helpful, but your infernape will probably get OHKOd after the use of toxic since it's not really meant to take hits. He won't have anytime to set up toxic or bulk up unless you invest more Evs in hp and defense, and even then he wouldn't do well with a defensive spread. Infernape can learn good moves, you didnt want a STAB fighting move to counter rock types? he can also learn stone edge which is a great defense against flying. I would look further into a more functional nature and move set
    Last edited by cobaltlion69; 26th July 2012 at 8:31 PM.

Tauros
    Ability: Anger Point
    EV's: Currently none
    Nature: Rash (+Sp. Att, -Sp. Def)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Wild Charge
    - Payback/Zen Headbutt/Return/Outrage?

I was wondering if I could make a set like this. I got a shiny Tauros which I would like to use somethines. It has Anger Point but the nature isn't that good. With that nature his special defence is very low, but it has already a very high speed and attack, that's why I took Eathquake. I can easely defeat the fire, electric, poison, rock and steel types, while i could take the flying, bug, ice and some dragon types with Rock Slide, which I prefer over Stone Edge, because it has more accuracy and pp. Wild Charge is more because it can use an electric move, and could kill an Empoleon or any other water type, or any flying. The last move I had was Payback, which I will delete for an another move, because it is weak with a high speed pokemon like Tauros. Also I am very weak to a grass type then. Instead of it I thought maybe Zen Headbutt could do something, because it has alreasy a very weak special defence stat, and a dark or psychic type could easely kill him, it is also for getting ghosts out, like Gengar or Shedinja. Return is also very strong with maximum likeness which I could use against other kinds of pokemon. Outrage could also be possible, to defeat any other kind that I haven't got an attack for (If I'm right)

About the EV's. I don't got any experience with it, this is the first time I saw it and I'm going to use it, but first I got to figure it out a bit. Items are also checked out later.
    Last edited by Locnlo; 29th July 2012 at 7:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locnlo View Post
    Tauros
    Ability: Anger Point
    EV's: Currently none
    Nature: Rash (+Sp. Att, -Sp. Def)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Wild Charge
    - Payback/Zen Headbutt/Return/Outrage?

I was wondering if I could make a set like this. I got a shiny Tauros which I would like to use somethines. It has Anger Point but the nature isn't that good. With that nature his special defence is very low, but it has already a very high speed and attack, that's why I took Eathquake. I can easely defeat the fire, electric, poison, rock and steel types, while i could take the flying, bug, ice and some dragon types with Rock Slide, which I prefer over Stone Edge, because it has more accuracy and pp. Wild Charge is more because it can use an electric move, and could kill an Empoleon or any other water type, or any flying. The last move I had was Payback, which I will delete for an another move, because it is weak with a high speed pokemon like Tauros. Also I am very weak to a grass type then. Instead of it I thought maybe Zen Headbutt could do something, because it has alreasy a very weak special defence stat, and a dark or psychic type could easely kill him, it is also for getting ghosts out, like Gengar or Shedinja. Return is also very strong with maximum likeness which I could use against other kinds of pokemon. Outrage could also be possible, to defeat any other kind that I haven't got an attack for (If I'm right)

About the EV's. I don't got any experience with it, this is the first time I saw it and I'm going to use it, but first I got to figure it out a bit. Items are also checked out later.
    It might be shiny but Rash nature will get you nowhere. An Anger Point strategy is risky and almost impossible to pull off due to its new mechanics preventing it from activating behind a Substitute. Sorry to say but it's not going to fly.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

scizor @??
    Ability:technician
    EVs:252 hp, 252 atk, 4 def
    Nature:adamant
    - roost
    - superpower
    - bugbite
    - bullet punch
    Trying to use a scizor, havent spread it yet but i was thinking of using the EV spread above. goin for a bulky sweeper, but im not sure if i should invest more into def? anyone have a good recommendation?
    Last edited by cobaltlion69; 3rd August 2012 at 7:13 AM.

Page 170 of 185 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast