Page 176 of 185 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    your edit says you changed his ability to volt switch : P.

use light ball. its the only reason he could be used. and make either physical or special, not both.
    Oh ok,My first time making a team for a while.

Thanks Alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ugliduck99 View Post
    Hey I was wandering about my drifblim plan
    Item:flying gem
    Ability: unburden
    Nature: naive (+spd -sp. Def)
    EVs: Atk, 192. sp.Atk, 200. Spd, 112
    Moveset
    -acrobatics
    -shadow ball
    -explosion
    -will-o-wisp

I use acrobatics to activate flying gem, this: doubles power (acrobatics' effects), +50% power (flying gem), doubles spd (unburden). After this shadow for damage, will-o-wisp annoys with a burn and explosion is a last ditch solution

My drifblim's speed outstrips an electrode with unburden as it was designed to and the attack can OHKO most average defense pokemon with the powered up acrobatics.

Can someone tell me what they think

Name: Wobby
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Name: Buzzy

Name: Sombrero
    Adopt one yourself!@Pokémon Orphanage

Name: Houdini

Quote Originally Posted by UgoPop View Post
    Pikachu (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Lightningrod
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Volt Switch
    - Fake Out

Im just Trying this as my lead,Any help or comments would be appriciated.

Edit:Changed Agility To Volt Switch

Don't use pikachu in OU (standard play) I assume you are not gonna build a NU team as your first team so don't use pikachu he is really frail and weak (compared to OU pokemons in power but he is frail even in NU)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Pikachu (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Lightningrod
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Volt Switch
    - Fake Out

Im just Trying this as my lead,Any help or comments would be appriciated.

Edit:Changed Agility To Volt Switch

I'd involve iron tail somewhere or a rock and ground type will swallow it whole.

Why don't you evolve it?

Name: Wobby

Name: Buzzy

Name: Sombrero
    Adopt one yourself!@Pokémon Orphanage

Name: Houdini

Quote Originally Posted by Ugliduck99 View Post
    I'd involve iron tail somewhere or a rock and ground type will swallow it whole.

Why don't you evolve it?
    Why would you use iron tail on pikachu? it is a physical move with poor coverage and is used by Ash..
    The set is bad anyway but the user intended t use it in OU but he shouldn't (I assume he uses PO since the format seems taken from there)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Why would you use iron tail on pikachu? it is a physical move with poor coverage and is used by Ash..
    The set is bad anyway but the user intended t use it in OU but he shouldn't (I assume he uses PO since the format seems taken from there)

Yeah I was intending to make an OU Team and thought Pikachu was decent enough,However with Smogon down I cant look at the Current OU Metagame.

This Hydreigon set is pretty Standard,However Im using U-turn instead of Focus Blast to get out of sticky situations

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Surf
    - U-turn

if you are going to give it u-turn, it needs a naive nature and a scarf or expert belt. you dont want to be losing 10% and a bad matchup, such as a switch into heatran, a common hydreigon switchin.

Yeah I was intending to make an OU Team and thought Pikachu was decent enough,However with Smogon down I cant look at the Current OU Metagame.

This Hydreigon set is pretty Standard,However Im using U-turn instead of Focus Blast to get out of sticky situations

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Surf
    - U-turn

Down? http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/ou

It works fine for me..

Pikachu? are you kidding me? just look at his stats 30 defenses...

@life orb
    Mild/Naive/Hasty
    Levitate
    252 sp.attack,252 speed, 4 attack
    -Superpower
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Roost/Dark Pulse

Use this set instead it is much better life orb abuser hydreigon than your set..

Down? http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/ou

It works fine for me..

Pikachu? are you kidding me? just look at his stats 30 defenses...

@life orb
    Mild/Naive/Hasty
    Levitate
    252 sp.attack,252 speed, 4 attack
    -Superpower
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Roost/Dark Pulse

Use this set instead it is much better life orb abuser hydreigon than your set..
    Oh ok,It was down for me Yesterday.

WOW,Are any of my sets any good?If this set isnt good would anyone help me make a team?

Honchkrow (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Night Slash
    - Superpower
    - Sucker Punch

My take on the Choice Scarf Set.I Decided to use Sucker Punch instead of Drill Peck/Pursuit/HP Grass.

Oh ok,It was down for me Yesterday.

WOW,Are any of my sets any good?If this set isnt good would anyone help me make a team?

Honchkrow (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Night Slash
    - Superpower
    - Sucker Punch

My take on the Choice Scarf Set.I Decided to use Sucker Punch instead of Drill Peck/Pursuit/HP Grass.
    Yeah your sets are bad but you are new so that's ok.
    I don't really like honchkro in general but I know that you shouldn't use sucker punch on a choice set it is a total set up bait.

@life Orb
    Adamant/jolly
    252 attack, 252 speed, 4 Defense
    Moxie
    -Sucker Punch
    -Brave Bird
    -Subtitute
    -Roost

this is the set I see around but I don't really used it like hydreigon's this set aims for a sweep once steel types are out.

Yeah your sets are bad but you are new so that's ok.
    I don't really like honchkro in general but I know that you shouldn't use sucker punch on a choice set it is a total set up bait.

@life Orb
    Adamant/jolly
    252 attack, 252 speed, 4 Defense
    Moxie
    -Sucker Punch
    -Brave Bird
    -Subtitute
    -Roost

this is the set I see around but I don't really used it like hydreigon's this set aims for a sweep once steel types are out.
    Thanks,I gonna to send a PM to you about a team idea.

Use a MoxieKrow.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
    Jolly - Moxie
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    -Sucker Punch
    -Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Roost

This set is insane in UU. Switch this in on a weakened opponent, finish it off, grab an attack boost, and sweep. Sucker Punch gets priority and STAB, although it IS setup bait, which is why we have Brave Bird as a secondary powerful STAB. Superpower rounds off the coverage, nailing Rock and Steel types for SE damage. Roost heals off Life Orb and Brave Bird recoil.

Really, this thing is insane. If your opponent doesn't know how to counter it, it can easily 6-0 an entire team. I'd recommend pairing him with a strong Steel type to counter the Rock and Ice Pokemon he tends to attract.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 2nd November 2012 at 11:49 PM.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    Use a MoxieKrow.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
    Jolly - Moxie
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    -Sucker Punch
    -Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Roost

This set is insane in NU. Switch this in on a weakened opponent, finish it off, grab an attack boost, and sweep. Sucker Punch gets priority and STAB, although it IS setup bait, which is why we have Brave Bird as a secondary powerful STAB. Superpower rounds off the coverage, nailing Rock and Steel types for SE damage. Roost heals off Life Orb and Brave Bird recoil.

Really, this thing is insane. If your opponent doesn't know how to counter it, it can easily 6-0 an entire team. I'd recommend pairing him with a strong Steel type to counter the Rock and Ice Pokemon he tends to attract.
    Of course it is insane in NU it is an UU pokemon.. actually I think that superpower should be replaced by subtitute cause it is counterproductive with moxie :/

Of course it is insane in NU it is an UU pokemon.. actually I think that superpower should be replaced by subtitute cause it is counterproductive with moxie :/
    Typo, sorry. And it's not counterproductive at all, it just stops Steel types from completely walling him.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

give it heat wave>superpower, and move the 4 hp evs to SpA. this allows it to take 1 less hp from stealth rocks, while also still beating stell types in uu. superpower actually is counterproductive with moxie. plus, superpower allows you to be just that easier to revenge kill, with priority bullet punch, mach punch, fake out, whatever.

Something I came up with mostly just for giggles...It would require vast support from its party to remain alive, and would most likely just kamikaze to punch a big gaping hole through anything lacking Flash Fire.

Charizard @Life Orb
    Abilty: Solar Powered
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature: Modest
    ~Sunny Day
    ~Solar Beam
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Blast Burn

Set up Sunny Day leading the charge in some kind of sun offense as a second sun setter to something bulkier, or just as a setup move all by its lonely. Flamethrower is the main STAB, more accurate than Fire Blast for a bit less yield, with Solar Beam to kill of those cheeky water, rock, and ground-types that all laugh at the zard. And for for when something absolutely, positively has to die - BLAST BURN. Accept no Substitute. Truth be told I always wanted to do that to something - set up sunny day and peg it in the face with the Blast Burn bazooka. Just to see how major the destruction is.

Why would you ever use Blast Burn on something that learns moves like Fire Blast and Overheat too? -.-

for the giggles, man. and because NOT using it seems almost criminal to me. its like, a signature move, for the starers. especially special ones. a little iffy on physical mons like...the past three we've had, but meh. its like...hyper beam, but made of sunshiny win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikorus View Post
    for the giggles, man. and because NOT using it seems almost criminal to me. its like, a signature move, for the starers. especially special ones. a little iffy on physical mons like...the past three we've had, but meh. its like...hyper beam, but made of sunshiny win.
    News:Hyper Beam sucks too.
    lets say you use blast burn.. terrakion switchs in it sets up words dance and here you have a +2 terrakion good luck countering that.
    Last edited by Ilan; 11th November 2012 at 6:44 AM.

Fair, but zard is ru, while the sacred swordsman of rock is ou/ubers. i get the idea that some enterprising soul, especially rock type for the resistance, would set up on it with glee while waiting for it to basically kill itself, but surely you would have some way to stop it, like for instance poliwrath, as blast burn should only be used either on the death turn or against something, like a rock or water type, that intends to wall you off and laugh. im pretty sure a super souped-up BB would at least hurt alot.

but yeah, no, i get it, hyper beam and giga impact (and non-normal clones of such) are bad for laddering...but arceus can they be satisfying with STAB in a slightly less hardcore competition. im a sucker for signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikorus View Post
    Something I came up with mostly just for giggles...It would require vast support from its party to remain alive, and would most likely just kamikaze to punch a big gaping hole through anything lacking Flash Fire.

Charizard @Life Orb
    Abilty: Solar Powered
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature: Modest
    ~Sunny Day
    ~Solar Beam
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Blast Burn

Set up Sunny Day leading the charge in some kind of sun offense as a second sun setter to something bulkier, or just as a setup move all by its lonely. Flamethrower is the main STAB, more accurate than Fire Blast for a bit less yield, with Solar Beam to kill of those cheeky water, rock, and ground-types that all laugh at the zard. And for for when something absolutely, positively has to die - BLAST BURN. Accept no Substitute. Truth be told I always wanted to do that to something - set up sunny day and peg it in the face with the Blast Burn bazooka. Just to see how major the destruction is.
    Great set in game for certain, not so much competitively.

Either way, air slash or focus blast > blast burn. Also, if you want to keep it around longer, then lefties > life orb. If you're going for team support with the sun...heat rock > life orb, though that's a better item on a poke that has been dedicated to setting up the sun. Timid > modest to outspeed the likes of timid non-scarfed timid rotoms (regular forme, though the cut forme is outsped at modest + 252 speed evs when rotom cut itself is timid and not scarfed) and non-scarfed primapes (which will carry stone edge).

So in honour of Anarchy Month (which is every month, in case you didn't know), I present a Rock Polish Genesect with a twist.

(credit to Magicmonkey for the awesome banner)
    Genesect @ Focus Sash
    Modest - Download
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def
    -Rock Polish
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power (Ground)

Seems like your typical RP Genesect. Send it in on your opponent's Skarmory or whatever, set up a Rock Polish... Then be forced to switch out as your opponent switches into Heatran. Yeah. Fatal flaw with normal Rock Polish Genesects; they can't touch Heatran. So, the combination of Focus Sash and Hidden Power (Ground) allows you to always beat Heatran. Most Heatran are OHKO'd by HP Ground, but some defensive variants live, especially if Gene doesn't get the Sp. Atk boost. That's what the Focus Sash is for. BoltBeam gives him the best coverage, but you can substitute either for any number of other options, like Bug Buzz, Flash Cannon, Giga Drain, Flamethrower... Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    Fatal flaw with normal Rock Polish Genesects; they can't touch Heatran. So, the combination of Focus Sash and Hidden Power (Ground) allows you to always beat Heatran. Most Heatran are OHKO'd by HP Ground, but some defensive variants live, especially if Gene doesn't get the Sp. Atk boost. That's what the Focus Sash is for.
    The set itself looks fine, but this particular claim struck me. What if it's a defensive variant and it has an Air Balloon? Lots of Heatran, at least that I've seen, run Air Balloon to guard against just such thing, mine included. If it was bulky enough to take HP-Ground and had a balloon, would this set still win?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    The set itself looks fine, but this particular claim struck me. What if it's a defensive variant and it has an Air Balloon? Lots of Heatran, at least that I've seen, run Air Balloon to guard against just such thing, mine included. If it was bulky enough to take HP-Ground and had a balloon, would this set still win?
    The combination of Thunderbolt and Hidden Power 2HKO's letting me beat it as long as Sash is intact.

Fierce. I want one. I'm sick of being behind the legendary curve. No Mew, no Jirachi, no Keldeo, no Genesect, no Tornadus or Landorus, no Cresselia, no (legitimate) Shaymin or Arceus...

I'm never gonna have them all. Q.Q

But yeah, granted I'm still a noob competitively, but I can't see this having a whole lot of issue setting up on whatever its offensive moves are designed to cover. The only real worry is a Fire-type Judgement...but really, nobody commonly runs flame plate that I've been able to see. Still, if you see it, you may want to switch. Or try your luck to see if HP can OHKO. It's always a possibility. I imagine Gensect runs into a LOT of "Kill it or die" scenarios against fire-types.

Page 176 of 185 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180 ... LastLast