Page 52 of 185 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Normaly, but when you are bulkier go modest in my opinion.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

To the above Tangrowth set, you're gonna want Leaf Guard anyway. Sun is becoming more common thanks to Drought Ninetales so more often than not, you're going to see Sun in battles often.

And I would suggest Sleep Powder or AncientPower for the Fire Types that will no doubt try to wreck you.

What he said.

@Rotom set, run HP Ice > Signal Beam, otherwise you have no way of actually touching Dragons. Screw covering weaknesses, Grass is a coverage type.
    Ignore, thanks.

Kabutops set? And ia Crustle better or worse than Armaldo?

Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

I dunno. Rain team.

Crustle > Armaldo because, Shell Smash.
    Ignore, thanks.

Crustle and Armaldo are both different but can achieve the same things.

Crustle can be a boosting sweeper with Shell Smash with serious coverage, Sturdy helps it achieve more than one boost and immunity to Sandstorm helps in the long run.

Armaldo can be quick too, with Swift Swim from Dream World and/or Rock Polish. Stronger Attack and more coverage makes it hard to wall him especially after a Swords Dance.

Defensivley, both do incredible as well, Crustle a little less, unfortunately. Armaldo can be a Rapid Spinner, Knock Off, lay down Stealth Rock, and with a base 80 Sp.Def, he can wall hits in Sandstorm. Battle Armor can block critical hits allowing you to wall without fear.

For Crustle, he needs Sandstorm to wall, but he can be an annoying wall to face. What makes him different is having more Def, and Sand Tomb, which got better this generation.

Crustle@Leftovers
    Sassy - Sturdy/Shell Armor
    252 HP - 252 Sp.Def - 4 Atk
    -Protect
    -Sand Tomb
    -Smack Down
    -Struggle Bug

A set I crafted. Use in Sandstorm, or else it's effectiveness will wane.

Protect to stall for Leftover recovery and Sandstorm damage. Sand Tomb to cause passive damage along with Sandstorm, and with Protect, they're losing twice as much HP while you stall for Lefties. Smack Down as a utility move and to make opponents vulnerable to Sand Tomb. Struggle Bug is the crux of the set. Weaken an opponents Special Attack to help you wall special hits even better, until they're left doing minimal damage while you're stalling Sandstorm and Sand Tomb damage. They can't switch because of Sand Tomb trapping them, they can't attack because of their SP.Atk being so low, and you're there stalling like there's no tomorrow.

Take your pick, but understand that both have potential in either sets, one as offensive, the other as defensive.

The main problem with them walling is recovery. So, yeah.
    Ignore, thanks.

i honestly never thought of using crustle to wall, or in a sand storm team. And what got better on sand tomb?

Kingdra@fire type berry?
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    24HP/252Att/232Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Natural Gift
    -Outrage
    -Substitute/Waterfall
    i don't now what to do for this class. if i use sub then i don't have any water type moves unless i take natural gift out. i put natural gift there so i could use the fire type berry to do damage to ferrothorn after a couple of dragon dances cause that thing is like kingdra's most feared enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Kingdra@fire type berry?
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    24HP/252Att/232Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Natural Gift
    -Outrage
    -Substitute/Waterfall
    i don't now what to do for this class. if i use sub then i don't have any water type moves unless i take natural gift out. i put natural gift there so i could use the fire type berry to do damage to ferrothorn after a couple of dragon dances cause that thing is like kingdra's most feared enemy.
    If you want to go with Sub over Waterfall, make sure you have a steel-killer on your team, probably Magnezone. Only send Kingdra out after the opponent's steels are dead.

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

What about a good uber magicarp set?

Magikarp@Life Orb
    Swift Swim
    Adamant
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~ Bounce
    ~ Splash
    ~ Flail
    ~ Tackle

Zomfg magicarp gets bounce?

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Kingdra@fire type berry?
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    24HP/252Att/232Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Natural Gift
    -Outrage
    -Substitute/Waterfall
    Totally stole this Kingdra from my team, from the EVs right down to the move order >___> lol

Hey hey, I thought of that too. Too bad I totally dumped the idea.

Magikarp gets Bounce from DW and 4th Gen tutor. Also it's part of the Dragon Egg Group. Oh and there was once this joke.

Rayquaza used Outrage!
    Magikarp hung on to it's Focus Sash!
    Magikarp used Flail!
    Magikarp used Bullet Punch!
    Rayquaza fainted!

Sadly Rayquaza's defenses are too awesome. Wait it could be a Lv 60 or something Rayquaza.
    Ignore, thanks.

There is a magikarp sweep on YouTube it's crazy! Also why not use HP fire over natural gift? You can use it more than once and you get an item.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Throhlurk View Post
    i honestly never thought of using crustle to wall, or in a sand storm team. And what got better on sand tomb?
    Better accuracy, a little more power, and primary trapping turns extended to 4-5.

I've been using this set on PO. It's been doing really well. I'm a little stubborn about staying in on threats, so I lose Crustle a little too early, but I'm sure a wiser battler than me can utilize the set better.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    • Sturdy
    • Careful
    • 252 HP/128 Def/128 Sp Def
    - Power Split
    - Rock Slide/Rock Blast
    - Earthquake
    - Gyro Ball

> Shuckle, as ever, is geared to be a wall, capable of defending from even supereffective/critical hits.
    > Sturdy prevents OHKO; Careful reduces Sp Atk (so increases the effect of Power Swap on lowering opponents' Sp Atk).
    > Rock Slide/Rock Blast for STAB, Earthquake for nice damage, Gyro Ball for massive attack power (on account of Shuckle's minimal speed).
    > EVs promote a wall-type setup.

My question is whether or not more EVs should be put into Def/Sp Def (due to Shuckle's terrible HP stat), if he should have Rock Slide or Rock Blast, and if Rest should replace one of Shuckle's moves for recovery.

Thank you for reading! =)
    Last edited by Pokemon Ace; 27th May 2011 at 11:37 PM.
    Pokémon White 2
    Friend Code: 1593 2814 4804

Pokémon Black
    Friend Code: 1464 2262 5856

Looking for:
    - F Grumpig/Spoink
    - DW F Eevee

I have:
    - Items
    - Feebas: Outstanding, Bold, 31 IVs etc. (please ask)
    - Slakoth: 31 IVs in HP/Spe, Night Slash

Spoiler:- Credits:

Well your first problem is 126 is not divisible by four so you wont be getting the most out of the 508 EVs. Which brings me onto my second point. You havent utilized the 508 EVs you can use. Finally because you have no attack EVs that means even if you power swap on a max attack deoxys attack form you will only end up with around 265 Atk which isnt to impressive. Although the opponent also gets the same atk which is an upside. Other than that it is a good set and certainly unusual as most people run close to no offensive moves on shuckle.
    1st shiny in silver lv 30
    2nd shiny in fire red
    3rd shiny in pokemon White

I have officially claimed Accelgor

An interesting reply; I'll edit in the additional EVs needed to make full use of them.

Would an alternate Shuckle be more suited? Maybe with Rest and Toxic instead of 2 attacking moves?
    Pokémon White 2
    Friend Code: 1593 2814 4804

Pokémon Black
    Friend Code: 1464 2262 5856

Looking for:
    - F Grumpig/Spoink
    - DW F Eevee

I have:
    - Items
    - Feebas: Outstanding, Bold, 31 IVs etc. (please ask)
    - Slakoth: 31 IVs in HP/Spe, Night Slash

Spoiler:- Credits:

Magneton @ Eviolite
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 Def/ 4 Sp. Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
    Nature: Calm
    - Thunderbolt
    - HP Fire
    - Toxic
    - Volt Switch/ Magic Coat/ Substitute/ Magnet Rise

*Wall-ish Magneton, mainly to counter Ferrothorn, it's to be compared to Magnezone, who has access to Air Balloon and has more Sp. Atk, but less Defensive stats. Thunderbolt is for STAB, HP fire ruins Steels, especially Ferrothorn. Toxic is stopped by Steels only, so it kinda fits. Volt Switch is to escape, Magic Coat reflects Nasy thing like Stealth Rock and Leech Seed. Substitute and Magnet Rise protects Magneton for a while.*
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Toxic doesn't hit steels so sub instead then charge beam for the last move so as you wall steels you can easily set up +6 spatk, then KO them.

@Pokemon Ace: Power Swap? Do you mean Power Trick / Power Split? I've been running this guy in Sand Team with a huge success:

Shuckle @ Binding Band
    Sturdy / 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Power Split
    - Rest
    - Wrap / Toxic
    - Sand Tomb / Toxic

Use 0 Atk & SpA IVs. After a Power Split, Shuckie is unkillable. Binding Band - Wrap / Sand Tomb combo takes 1/8 of target's HP each turn sum it with Sandstorm damage and bam. Rest is to keep Shuckle fresh. However, Levitating ghost, Steels with recovery, and Reuniclus laugh at this set, that's why you dont have a party with 6 Shuckles.

@D-World, you have to invest on HP

Magneton @ Eviolite
    Magnet Pull / 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    - Substitute
    - Charge Beam
    - HP Fire
    - Flash Cannon

1. Trap steels, use substitute.
    2. Spam Charge Beam until your SpA is at +6.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Also, always have Rapid Spinner with Magneton in case Ferro, Skarm, or whatever Spiking while you are spamming Charge Beam.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by stenli; 27th May 2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Ninja'd =/

Maybe thunderbolt over flash cannon, steel isn't realy a good offensive type.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Maybe thunderbolt over flash cannon, steel isn't realy a good offensive type.
    And then it get walled by Dragons. At +6 Charge Beam will be powerful anyway. :3

Page 52 of 185 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast