Page 56 of 185 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

  1. #1376
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Running with the linoones
    Posts
    233

    Default

    If ur running t-wave, you might not need the speed EVS so you could put gambit over zen headbutt. Also, doesn't gambit only do as much damage a you have health left?



    Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

    Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

  2. #1377
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Yeah, so ideally, if I were to need to use it, I'd switch Victini in on whatever would be the biggest threat to my team and take it out with Gambit. But, if there's nothing that I particularly need to use it on, then I'll just use the other moves/use it as a finisher on their last Poke X3

  3. #1378
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Running with the linoones
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Idk, I personally wouldn't use it, as I see victini as bein to good to waste on a suicide, with big moves like V- Create and fusion bolt.



    Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

    Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

  4. #1379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Throhlurk View Post
    And speaking of pre evos.... WINGULL!!!

    Wingull @ eviolite/?
    Modest, rain dish
    - 252 spe, 252 Sp at 4 hp

    - hurricane
    - hydro pump
    - roost/??
    -??

    For use in a rain team.
    Agility in the last slot. Roost can be forgone for U Turn. Also, drop Eviolite for Flying Gem/Water Gem. Wingull isn't any bulkier than Pelipper. Use the Eviolite method I posted above to see for yourself.

    A new Pelipper set based on one I used back in 4th gen.

    Pelipper@Leftovers
    Relaxed - Rain Dish
    252 HP - 252 Def - 4 Sp.Atk
    -Stockpile
    -Roost
    -Growl
    -Hurricane/Scald

    Super defensive Pelipper. In Doubles, of course.

    Stockpile to boost defenses, Roost to restore HP. Growl lowers both opponent's Attack, since situationally, my opponent would have two attackers on the field who might gang up on poor Pelipper. Hurricane is there if Rain is present, and Scald to possibly Burn opponents, magnifying your bulk.

    For the love of god, DO NOT use this Pelipper if you don't have a LightningRod Pokemon next to it. Other than Discharge, Pelipper would not have to fear any Electric attack. Seaking, Rhyperior, Rhydon, Marowak, Zapdos, Manectric, Zebstrika, and Pikachu make good partners. Increasing their defensive bulk with Growl can really help.

  5. #1380
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Running with the linoones
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Craudant > kingler



    Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

    Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

  6. #1381
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, Under the Rainbow
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Kingler used Agility!
    Crawdaunt used Dragon Dance!

    Judges: Yeah, it's over for Kingler.

    Kingler used X-Scissor!
    Crawdaunt Fainted!

    Judges: Yep, I knew it.

    Edit: 430 Posts + Rank Up. Nice.
    Ignore, thanks.

  7. #1382

    Default

    Crobat used Taunt!

    Musharna fell for the Taunt!
    Musharna used the Mental Herb to get over its Taunt!

    Kingler used Agility!

    Crawdaunt used Hone Claws!

    Musharna used Trick Room!

    Every pokemon has situational merits in different environments. In Doubles, Crawdaunt destroys in Trick Room. One on one with Kingler, though, it'll lose.

    Crawdaunt@Expert Belt
    Brave - Adapatability
    252 HP - 252 Atk - 4 Def
    -Crabhammer
    -Crunch
    -Brick Break
    -Hone Claws

    Trick Room Crawdaunt.

    When this guy gets off one Hone Claws, just give up. You're not walling him. Adaptability boosts Crabhammer and Crunch to tremendous levels, and I've actually done calcs of him versus every single pokemon in the game. Well, the resists, anyway.

    Read this next part very carefully.

    EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IS 2HKO'D BY ALL OF CRAWDAUNT'S ATTACKS.

    Kingdra? Dead. Scizor? Dead. Cloyster? Barely a 2HKO with Crunch...

    There are still some problems for Crawdaunt. Forretress, Empoleon, Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, Groudon, all of them can last one hit with a little more than half of their HP left, which can really sting if you don't KO them in time. When you get off another Hone Claws though...

    He's also vulnerable to Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, and ExtremeSpeed. Better pack a Quick Guard pokemon with Crawdaunt.

  8. #1383
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Yep, this thing's a mess:

    Uxie @ Leftovers / Light Clay
    Levitate
    Insert Nature here
    252 HP / 124 Def / 4 SAtk / 124 SDef
    - Stealth Rocks
    - Heal Bell / U-Turn / Memento / Light Screen / Reflect / Knock Off
    - Heal Bell / U-Turn / Memento / Light Screen / Reflect / Knock Off
    - Heal Bell / U-Turn / Memento / Light Screen / Reflect / Knock Off

    I couldn't really decide on a nature, or a particular moveset >___> Stealth Rocks is Stealth Rocks. Heal Bell, Light Screen and Reflect are for supporting the team. U-Turn is to bring Uxie back after setting up Screens or for scouting. Memento to force a switch so you can set up with your next Poke, or to greatly hinder them if they actually decide to stay in. Knock Off is for the annoyance factor. Light Clay is obviously for if you decide to go the Duel Screens route, otherwise I think Leftovers is the best choice for the defensive pixie.

  9. #1384
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Running with the linoones
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Go screens and u turn, unless you dislike bei g statused



    Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

    Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

  10. #1385
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blackthorn City
    Posts
    85

    Default

    I was thinking of a Togekiss moveset which looks quite good to me. Any comments?

    Togekiss @ King's Rock
    • Modest
    • Serene Grace
    • 252 Sp Atk/104 HP/152 Sp Def
    - Thunder Wave
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Shadow Ball/Flamethrower

    > Thunder Wave cuts opponents' speed, so no need for speed EVs.
    > Maximised Sp Atk for dealing big damage.
    > King's Rock + Serene Grace increases flinch rate, Serene Grace increases chance of Sp Def reduction or burning (depending on final move).

    I'm mainly looking for any second opinions on EVs, as well as the final move for the set.
    Pokémon White 2
    Friend Code: 1593 2814 4804

    Pokémon Black
    Friend Code: 1464 2262 5856

    Looking for:
    - F Grumpig/Spoink
    - DW F Eevee

    I have:
    - Items
    - Feebas: Outstanding, Bold, 31 IVs etc. (please ask)
    - Slakoth: 31 IVs in HP/Spe, Night Slash



        Spoiler:- Credits:

  11. #1386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterChevalier View Post
    Yep, this thing's a mess:

    Uxie @ Leftovers / Light Clay
    Levitate
    Insert Nature here
    252 HP / 124 Def / 4 SAtk / 124 SDef
    - Stealth Rocks
    - Heal Bell / U-Turn / Memento / Light Screen / Reflect / Knock Off
    - Heal Bell / U-Turn / Memento / Light Screen / Reflect / Knock Off
    - Heal Bell / U-Turn / Memento / Light Screen / Reflect / Knock Off

    I couldn't really decide on a nature, or a particular moveset >___> Stealth Rocks is Stealth Rocks. Heal Bell, Light Screen and Reflect are for supporting the team. U-Turn is to bring Uxie back after setting up Screens or for scouting. Memento to force a switch so you can set up with your next Poke, or to greatly hinder them if they actually decide to stay in. Knock Off is for the annoyance factor. Light Clay is obviously for if you decide to go the Duel Screens route, otherwise I think Leftovers is the best choice for the defensive pixie.
    I'd personally divide this into two different sets to remove clutter since most of those moves don't even work very well together, and therefore don't need to be slashed as such.

    Uxie @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    Impish / Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    -Stealth Rock
    -Heal Bell
    -Thunder Wave / Knock Off
    -U-Turn / Psychic

    Uxie @ Light Clay
    Levitate
    Impish
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Memento
    -U-Turn / Stealth Rock

    Depends on if you want Dual Screens or straight up support. You could also work a TrickScarf set. EVs could also be changed depending on what kind of hits you would like to take, though generally people max defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  12. #1387

    Default

    Durant @Focus Sash
    Hustle
    Jolly
    252Atk, 252Spe, 4HP
    -X-Scissor
    -Stone Edge
    -Thunder Fang
    -Hone Claws
    No one really expects to see a Durant, and Durant can sweep very effectivley. The moveset provides excellent coverage while letting me boost my attack and ignore the accuracy drop from Hustle. This is my personal favorite Durant set, by the way.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  13. #1388
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    955

    Default

    You don't realy need a focus sash, a muscle band or life orb would work better.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

        Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

  14. #1389
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    MedichamLand
    Posts
    207

    Default

    A Wide Lens/Swords Dance set would do the same thing, but be more reliable, as you don't have to get a boosting move off to have good accuracy.
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

  15. #1390
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Hone claws boosts by 30% (I think), wide lense boosts by 10%.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

        Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

  16. #1391
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where the grass is greenest
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Hone claws boosts by 30% (I think), wide lense boosts by 10%.
    I don’t know how much hone claws boosts, but it isn’t 30%. It is significantly less than that. I’d say it’s closer to 15%




    New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.


  17. #1392
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Well I know that it makes stone edge 107% accurate (or something like that) which works out at about 30%.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

        Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

  18. #1393

    Default

    So yea, I was looking through Whimsicott's disruptive movepool one day, then I had an idea. I'm wondering what everyone thinks of this:

    Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Prankster
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    -Worry Seed
    -Encore
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute

    Worry Seed seems a bit odd, but it might actually be useful for beating some of Whimsicott's usual switch ins. Gliscor and Breloom losing Poison Heal makes them die slowly from their own status so Whimsicott can now manage to stall them out. Reuniclus losing Magic Guard also now makes him suspectable to Leech Seed stall, so you can beat him that way now. The main problem would be Ferrothorn, so this set might be a good partner with Magnezone, so that you can set up Sub and spam Charge Beam to KO Ferrothorn as well as possibly something else on their team. Might not hurt to have something for Venusaur / Virizion as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  19. #1394
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    So yea, I was looking through Whimsicott's disruptive movepool one day, then I had an idea. I'm wondering what everyone thinks of this:

    Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Prankster
    Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    -Worry Seed
    -Encore
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute

    Worry Seed seems a bit odd, but it might actually be useful for beating some of Whimsicott's usual switch ins. Gliscor and Breloom losing Poison Heal makes them die slowly from their own status so Whimsicott can now manage to stall them out. Reuniclus losing Magic Guard also now makes him suspectable to Leech Seed stall, so you can beat him that way now. The main problem would be Ferrothorn, so this set might be a good partner with Magnezone, so that you can set up Sub and spam Charge Beam to KO Ferrothorn as well as possibly something else on their team. Might not hurt to have something for Venusaur / Virizion as well.
    Easy Taunt bait, eh?

    Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

  20. #1395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post
    Easy Taunt bait, eh?
    Hmm, it could probably use Taunt over Encore. That would at least prevent it from being beaten that way. Encore is still an option because Taunt really isn't as common as people make it out to be.

    Edit:

    V Pretty much. The lack of suicide leads this gen defeats one of the main reasons people ran Taunt in the first place.
    Last edited by d0nut; 29th May 2011 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  21. #1396
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Not this gen at least ^.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

        Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

  22. #1397

    Default

    Luxray@Electric Gem
    Adamant/Jolly/Naughty/Hasty/Brave - Rivalry/Guts/Intimidate
    252 Atk - 252 Spe - 4 HP/252 HP - 252 Atk - 4 Def
    -Charge/Crunch/Ice Fang
    -Wild Charge
    -Crunch/Ice Fang/Volt Switch
    -Ice Fang/Fire Fang/Crunch/Superpower/Discharge

    Look at those slashes o:

    Anyway, Luxray has something no other Electric type has; the strongest Wild Charge in the game. After a Charge, almost nothing is survive Luxray's Wild Charge, especially with the Electric Gem boost. Ice Fang is to complete the coverage, Crunch is to add more super effective hits to the moveset. Volt Switch is best used with Intimidate, helping Luxray last a little longer when he switches in. Superpower is illegal with Guts, and Discharge is an attack worth the paralysis rate. The set can also work without Charge, but you lose a little bit of novelty there...

    Each one of Luxray's abilities are good but situational. Intimidate helps Luxray switch in easier, coupled with Charge making him sturdier by raising his Sp.Def. Rivalry is one method of increasing his Attack, and Volt Switch is also preferred if you're fighting a female pokemon. Guts makes Luxray impervious to status, especially Burn. But be cautious, you'll be dying quicker because of the recoil from Wild Charge.

    Oh, and Brave is an optional nature there for Trick Room sets. c:

  23. #1398
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Opelucid City
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I've been planning on a status-hax Togekiss and I'm wondering what all of you think of it:

    Togekiss @ King's Rock
    Timid - Serence Grace
    252 Sp. Atk/Speed, 6 HP
    -Tri Attack
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere
    -Roost

    I see Tri Attack as a potentially dangerous move with the status-hax effects of Serene Grace. Air Slash is typical flinch-hax. Aura Sphere takes on steels and adds coverage. Roost heals up lost HP. As for the EVs, they're pretty much explain themselves.

  24. #1399
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Even with serene grace tri attack only has a 20% chance of inflicting status.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

        Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

  25. #1400

    Default

    But that's three 20% chances of either Burn, Freeze, or Paralysis.

    Speaking of Togekiss, I have a Togekiss set I always used back in 4th Gen, to abuse as a Follow Me user in Trick Room. Follow Me has lost much of its appeal as it no longer beats Fake Out in priority, but there are still some situational uses for it.

    Togekiss@Petaya Berry
    Quiet - Serene Grace
    252 HP - 252 Sp.Atk - 4 Def
    -Follow Me
    -Water Pulse
    -Air Slash
    -Shadow Ball

    A Togekiss set with less coverage than the average set. However, each move is utilizing Serene Grace's potential effect boost. Water Pulse has a 40% chance of causing Confusion, Air Slash has a 60% chance of flinching, and Shadow Ball has a 40% of lowering Sp.Def. Follow Me is what makes Togekiss an ideal partner in Doubles, and Petaya Berry makes for a nifty turn around in some battles. With Follow Me, you're willing to take two attacks for your partner, and with Togekiss' natural bulk, chances are you'll survive both hits with enough HP to activate Petaya and start dealing some serious damage.

    I loved using this guy. I named him Icarus. C:

Page 56 of 185 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •