Page 58 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Surely it's biggest counter is itself...

Also sub/disable gangar laughs in his face.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Armaldo @ Leftovers?
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk/Speed, 6 HP
    Nature: Adamant
    - X-Scissor
    - Rock Blast/Stone Edge
    - EQ
    - Cross Poison

X-Scissor and the Rock move are for STAB. EQ is for steels and coverage. Cross Poison is mainly a filler (will take other suggestions). This is planned for a rain team, so obviously Swift Swim. I'm not sure what to put for the item, but I was thinking Leftovers.

Take Out Cross Poison for Swords Dance as Poison is a terrible attacking type
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

I started using a shelgon in my sandstorm team, I'm using it as a kinda sweeper.

Shelgon, adamant @ eviolite
    Overcoat, 252 Att 252 hp 4 spe

- dragon dance/?
    - dragon claw
    - thunder wave/?
    - rock slide/ earthquake/ fire fang/ ??

It's kind of a mess, dd is for boostin up his attack, which Is already... Decent. T-wave slows them down and let's him set up, dragon claw is for stab, and idk about the coverage move. Item boosts his defence, and ability prevents sandstorm damage. EVS are for high attck and bulk.

Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

"If you want an opinion on a specific moveset for a certain Pokemon, use the Competitive Singles Rate Thread." Sooo, can anyone give me suggestions of moveset and EV spread for a Drought Ninetales that cannot outspeed anything? I decided I cannot outspeed some pokes so i rather put the EVs elsewhere. Please Please Pleeease do not give me suggestions on how i can outspeed the other pokes because I really just need a EV spread for a slow Ninetales. Thank you in advance =D

"If you want an opinion on a specific moveset for a certain Pokemon, use the Competitive Singles Rate Thread." Sooo, can anyone give me suggestions of moveset and EV spread for a Drought Ninetales that cannot outspeed anything? I decided I cannot outspeed some pokes so i rather put the EVs elsewhere. Please Please Pleeease do not give me suggestions on how i can outspeed the other pokes because I really just need a EV spread for a slow Ninetales. Thank you in advance =D

Ninetails @ leftovers
    Quiet, 252 HP, 252 spatk, 4 def
    Drought
    ~Nasty plot
    ~Fire blast
    ~Solar beam
    ~Hypnosis

First use hypnosis to give you a free turn to set up a NP, then attack. Fire blast is your best STAB attack and, since you are slower than most weather pokes, it is safe to use solar beam over energy ball.

Now, I have just EVd my timid, flawless lucario and I need some help with the move set, I'm thinking:

Lucario @ focus sash
    Timid, 252 spatk, 252 spd, 4 def
    Steadfast
    ~Nasty plot
    ~Aura sphere
    ~Dark pulse
    ~Psychic

This is what I would normaly use BUT, at the moment he has the egg move vacuum wave and I don't know if I should replace it with aura sphere since if I make him forget it then I will have to get a totaly new one if I want it back, and I don't want to do that so I'm just making sure that I'm doing the right thing before I do it.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Ninetails @ leftovers
    Quiet, 252 HP, 252 spatk, 4 def
    Drought
    ~Nasty plot
    ~Fire blast
    ~Solar beam
    ~Hypnosis

First use hypnosis to give you a free turn to set up a NP, then attack. Fire blast is your best STAB attack and, since you are slower than most weather pokes, it is safe to use solar beam over energy ball.

Now, I have just EVd my timid, flawless lucario and I need some help with the move set, I'm thinking:

Lucario @ focus sash
    Timid, 252 spatk, 252 spd, 4 def
    Steadfast
    ~Nasty plot
    ~Aura sphere
    ~Dark pulse
    ~Psychic

This is what I would normaly use BUT, at the moment he has the egg move vacuum wave and I don't know if I should replace it with aura sphere since if I make him forget it then I will have to get a totaly new one if I want it back, and I don't want to do that so I'm just making sure that I'm doing the right thing before I do it.
    Sorry, i really should have said this but i wanted to use Lagging Tail on Ninetales so drought will always come out second.

Lagging tail gives moves negative priority, it has no affect on speed, use a macho brace instead.

Can I get a good move set for a sweeping bounce espeon?
    White Friend Code: 1162 9592 9037

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Lagging tail gives moves negative priority, it has no affect on speed, use a macho brace instead.
    No wonder Hippowdon got up sand faster than me. Any recommendations for moveset? Thanks in advance.

Try:

Espeon @ choice specs/scarf
    Timid/modest, 252 spatk, 252 spd, 4 hp
    Magic bounce
    ~psyshock
    ~shadow ball
    ~HP fighting/focus blast
    ~grass knot

Standard offensive moves for any psychic type special sweeper. Doesn't need much of an explanation... Timid with specs and modest with scarf.

Edit: ninjad... Use the move at that I posted but change the item to macho brace/iron ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Murder Heavangelon View Post
    omg you guys have to use this set.

Munchlax@Eviolite
    Sassy - Thick Fat
    252 Atk - 252 Sp.Def - 4 Def
    -Curse
    -Rest
    -Chip Away
    -Fire Punch/Crunch

Curse curse curse. Curse for all this set is worth. Pretty soon, your opponents will be unable to touch you. Boosting walls will fall to Chip Away, which ignores Defense boosts, and Fire Punch rounds up the coverage. Crunch is there to beat Ghosts. Either way, there are some pokemon who will still wall you. In that case, just Curse some more!

This guy has been sweeping pokemon for me. It's frikkin awesome.
    Why would you use SpDef over Def? Munchlax is Normal type, so its only weakness is Fighting which is usually physical.

Pokemon Y FC: 4141-3041-1827

Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post
    Why would you use SpDef over Def? Munchlax is Normal type, so its only weakness is Fighting which is usually physical.
    His Def is way too low to withstand Fighting attacks, even with Eviolite. Besides, you're getting your Curse boosts to make up for the lack of Def investments.

On the plus side, he is really sturdy against Special Attackers, even ones with Focus Blast.

Foolproof Trick Room

Girafarig@Lum Berry/Mental Herb
    Quiet/Sassy - Inner Focus
    252 HP - 252 Sp.Def - 4 Sp.Atk/252 HP - 252 Sp.Atk - 4 Sp.Def
    -Trick Room
    -Magic Coat
    -Psychic
    -Headbutt/Charge Beam/Shadow Ball

Not many pokemon can boast having a foolproof method of setting up Trick Room. Girafarig is one of the few who can. Trick Room to set up for the whole team. Magic Coat to reflect disruptive moves that would prevent Trick Room, like Taunt and Encore and Spore and etc. Psychic as your main STAB, and Headbutt for physical STAB while Charge Beam and Shadow Ball are other offensive coverage moves. Inner Focus is what makes Girafarig a foolproof Trick Room user, immune to Fake Out in order to set up Trick Room. Lum Berry to cure sleep, or Mental Herb to cure Taunt.

Brave/Adamant/Jolly - Sap Sipper
    252 Atk - 252 HP - 4 Def/252 Atk - 252 Spe - 4 Def
    -Trick Room/Skill Swap
    -Skill Swap/Double Kick/Thunder Wave/Agility
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Double Hit/Return/Crunch/Earthquake

Quite alot of slashes, huh? Girafarig is one of two pokemon who get Sap Sipper and Skill Swap, the other being Stantler. In Doubles, god help your opponent if you manage to achieve this with a Stockpile Gastrodon or Quagsire, or Swampert, or Whiscash. Egads! Of course, you always have the option of running him in Singles. Agility is an option to speed up as their Grass type switches out, which will usually happen. The rest are attacking options. Double Kick and Double Hit are good Sub Breakers, Zen Headbutt and Return are good strong STABs, Crunch and Earthquake for coverage. Thunder Wave is there to also spread paralysis, as switching in on Grass types usually means a free turn of set up if they can't do anything else.

Foolproof Trick Room

Quiet/Sassy - Inner Focus
    252 HP - 252 Sp.Def - 4 Sp.Atk/252 HP - 252 Sp.Atk - 4 Sp.Def
    -Trick Room
    -Magic Coat
    -Psychic
    -Headbutt/Charge Beam/Shadow Ball

Not many pokemon can boast having a foolproof method of setting up Trick Room. Girafarig is one of the few who can. Trick Room to set up for the whole team. Magic Coat to reflect disruptive moves that would prevent Trick Room, like Taunt and Encore and Spore and etc. Psychic as your main STAB, and Headbutt for physical STAB while Charge Beam and Shadow Ball are other offensive coverage moves. Inner Focus is what makes Girafarig a foolproof Trick Room user, immune to Fake Out in order to set up Trick Room. Lum Berry to cure sleep, or Mental Herb to cure Taunt.
    Opponent used strong attack! Girafarig fainted! How is that foolproof?

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Mienshao used high jump kick, the foe's girafarig fainted.

Ok, so possible ideas for Infernape.

Mixed Sweeper:
    Infernape @ Focus Sash
    Blaze
    Naive
    EVs: 126 in each attack, 252 speed
    --Work Up
    --Close Combat
    --Flamethrower
    --Focus Blast/Blaze Kick/Earthquake

So, the idea is to get at least one work up in, which i should due to focus sash (which will also activate blaze) and then sweep whatever comes my way with various moves. I'm struggling on the fourth move though.

OR

Special Weather Sweeper
    Infernape @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
    Blaze
    Modest/Timid
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    --Sunny Day
    --Flamethrower
    --Focus Blast
    --Solarbeam

So, the idea is obvioulsy to set up sunny day and then sweep with boosted fire moves, one turn solarbeam, or focus blast if it's super effective. I wasn't sure about the item though: A focus sash will allow it to set up weather, but a life orb will help it to sweep.

So, how can I improve these, and which one do you think's best?

Comments appreciated
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post

Special Weather Sweeper
    Infernape @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
    Blaze
    Modest/Timid
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    --Sunny Day
    --Flamethrower
    --Focus Blast
    --Solarbeam

So, the idea is obvioulsy to set up sunny day and then sweep with boosted fire moves, one turn solarbeam, or focus blast if it's super effective. I wasn't sure about the item though: A focus sash will allow it to set up weather, but a life orb will help it to sweep.

So, how can I improve these, and which one do you think's best?

Comments appreciated
    I like this set better, however Grass Knot over Solar Beam seeing as the the turn you Throw Sunny Day up, the opponent will throw a weather changer in and you'll be stuck for 3 turns. However this could work in your favor as you can get an easy OHKO on all the other weather changers with good prediction. Grass Knot on Politoed, Focus Blast on T-tar, and Flamethrower on Abomasnow.
    Last edited by Medicham's Hat; 30th May 2011 at 11:59 PM.
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

The first one works with grass knot for the last move. As for the second one, just use a ninetails with the first set and solar beam for the last move... It will work better.

Edit: ninjad...

Ok. So grass knot > solarbeam and the mixed sweeper is better when not accompanied by a DroughtTales?
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

No when accompanied by a droughtails.

Lucario @ Liechi Berry
    Ability: Inner Focus? I don't think this one matters
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/4 Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    - Endure
    - Extremespeed
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat

The strategy is to use close combat to taunt the opponent to attack. Then endure to one HP, and the Liechi Berry activates. Extremespeed.

Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis

Speed EV over HP since after you get your leichi you will want to sweep, also change stone edge to crunch and use jolly nature.

What is a good special sweeper that is not psychic or dragon?

Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis

Lucario, zoroark... There are loads!

Page 58 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast