Page 59 of 185 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Lucario, Togekiss, Zapdos, Nidoking, Volcarona etc.
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

I was thinking either Chandelure or Galvantula? Or what about water rotom? Zapdos could work...

Which of those four should I use?

Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis

The only two with enough speed to sweep are Zapdos and Galvantula. It's personal preference really.

Scarf chandalure works.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Scarf chandalure works.
    It's a fantastic revenge killer, but not a great sweeper.

True, air baloon/nitro charge chandelure can sweep though.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Opponent used strong attack! Girafarig fainted! How is that foolproof?
    It's foolproof to conventional methods for stopping Trick Room teams. That's also why I listed Sassy and max HP and Sp.Def as an option to endure special hits. Either way, in Doubles, you have further links to tighten the foolproof set, Follow Me, Fake Out, Wide Guard, Whimsicott. You got the options. Girafarig just has a lot going for it in one set.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    True, air baloon/nitro charge chandelure can sweep though.
    And I thought I was the only one who used that...

No it does work, I have one too.

Riolu@Focus Sash
    Jolly/Adamant - Inner Focus
    252 Atk - 252 Spe - 4 HP
    -Copycat
    -Counter
    -Hi Jump Kick/Reversal/Low Kick
    -Bullet Punch

I use this as Finn in an Adventure Time themed team, and he's freaking brilliant. Inner Focus protects you from being flinched by Fake Out, and anyone who has used my Sneasel set knows how tricky this is. Riolu is too slow to use Taunt, not that it gets it if I recall correctly, but instead he uses Copycat. Time your Copycat correctly. I've used this guy to copy entry hazards, screens, Baton Pass leads, it's such a great utility move. Counter works with Inner Focus as Riolu will almost always take more than half damage from Fake Outs, which usually KO the opponent. After Sash is activated, pulverize your opponents with Reversal, Hi Jump Kick, or Low Kick. All Fighting STABs, the strongest Riolu learns.Hi Jump Kick is a little unreliable, but the massive damage output is too good to ignore. Reversal is the strongest Fighting attack ever if you get low to your Sash, and Low Kick is the strongest, most reliable attack Riolu has. Bullet Punch is in the last slot for priority. Quick Attack leaves you vulnerable to Ghosts, while Vacuum Wave deals very little with Riolu's low Sp.Atk.

By the way, has anyone actually been using my sets since I posted them? I know I'm not just posting them for no reason. XD

I'm having a rally hard time coming up with a good set for Weavile. Can anyone help out? ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by WinterChevalier View Post
    I'm having a rally hard time coming up with a good set for Weavile. Can anyone help out? ^^;;
    Weavile @ Life Orb
    Pressure
    Jolly
    216 Spe / 252 Atk / 40 HP
    -Brick Break
    -Swords Dance
    -Ice Shard
    -Night Slash

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Pickpocket
    Adamant
    252Atk / 252 Spe / 2 HP
    - Taunt / Puirsuit
    - Counter / Brick Break
    - Protect
    - Night Slash / Ice Shard / Ice Punch
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Thanks Imposter! I think I'll go with the first set until Pickpocket becomes legally available in the Dream World :3

Yay, double post time! Anyway, I tried making a set for Furret, even though it's not the best Pokemon, but I like it all the same~

Furret @ Expert Belt
    Keen Eye
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Super Fang
    - Ice Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Me First

Super Fang is an amazing 4th Gen Tutor move. Furret's nice speed stat + Jolly nature means that he'll be going first a lot, which means that a lot of Pokes will be winding up at half HP before they can even do anything. Sucker Punch is there to get priority, and with it's high base power, has a good chance of getting a KO on a previously Fanged Poke. Ice Punch is there to get the super effective hit against dragons and Gliscor. Me First is a great move for this moveset due to the speed. Allowing Furret to steal the opponent's attack at 1.5 times the power is great, especially if they wind up using a move that's super effective against itself.
    Last edited by WinterChevalier; 31st May 2011 at 6:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterChevalier View Post
    Yay, double post time! Anyway, I tried making a set for Furret, even though it's not the best Pokemon, but I like it all the same~

Furret @ ???
    Keen Eye
    Adamant / Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Super Fang
    - Ice Punch
    - ThunderPunch / Fire Punch / Quick Attack
    - Me First

The first problem I came up against was an item. Couldn't really think of a good one that would go with it. Anyway, Super Fang is an amazing 4th Gen Move Tutor move that will be Furret's primary first attack. Being able to cut the opponent's health in half is amazing, especially on bulky Pokemon. Ice Punch is there for taking out dragons and Gliscor. The 3rd slot was a little iffy, ThunderPunch takes out bulky water types, and Fire Punch is there for steel types. Quick Attack is to pick off stuff and provide STAB. Final move slot is Me First, which is great for picking off anything that might be using an attack that is good against itself (Outrage for example) or to pick up set up moves like Rocks. I'm assuming it can grab any move, including Recovery moves and Stat increasing moves, but I'm not 100% sure since I've never used it before.
    Me First doesn't copy set up moves, only Copycat does.

Me First does copy attacking moves and boosts them up by x1.5. It's good on a faster pokemon so you should go Jolly with max/max EVs.

I'd run Sucker Punch in the third slot since after Super Fang, they'll fall to priority, maybe, and it's a strong attack dealing with Ghosts immune to Super Fang. Ice Punch or ThunderPunch is up to you, depends on how often you hit for Super Effective damage. To clarify, Super Fang, Sucker Punch, Me First, and Ice Punch or ThunderPunch for your moveset. And for the item, I'd recommend Expert Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Murder Heavangelon View Post
    Me First doesn't copy set up moves, only Copycat does.

Me First does copy attacking moves and boosts them up by x1.5. It's good on a faster pokemon so you should go Jolly with max/max EVs.

I'd run Sucker Punch in the third slot since after Super Fang, they'll fall to priority, maybe, and it's a strong attack dealing with Ghosts immune to Super Fang. Ice Punch or ThunderPunch is up to you, depends on how often you hit for Super Effective damage. To clarify, Super Fang, Sucker Punch, Me First, and Ice Punch or ThunderPunch for your moveset. And for the item, I'd recommend Expert Belt.
    Thanks Heavangelon ^_^ I was totally thinking of Copycat when I was talking about Me First XD Yeah, Sucker Punch is definitely the better move to go with, I'll fix that part up~

I looove adventure time!!!! Are u using something for tree trunks?

Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

Quote Originally Posted by Throhlurk View Post
    I looove adventure time!!!! Are u using something for tree trunks?
    I use this Phanpy, but not on the team.

Phanpy@Custap Berry
    Adamant - Pick Up
    252 HP - 252 Atk - 4 Def
    -Endure
    -Odor Sleuth
    -Endeavor
    -Ice Shard/Stealth Rock

Unfortunately, since Phanpy does not get Sturdy, Donphan does a better job here than Phanpy. Odor Sleuth is there for Ghosts to make them vulnerable to Endeavor. Ice Shard or Stealth Rock complete the moveset, one for priority, the other for Entry Hazards.

If you'd like, I can post the complete Adventure Time team here.

Just pm it to me, some people might call it spam -.-

Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

Heracross @ Leftovers
    Guts
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Bulk Up
    - Megahorn

This is a pretty awesome Hera set. Start out Bulking Up and then when your HP starts to get too low, Rest up. Since Hera's asleep now, you get the Guts boost, and that's where Sleep Talk comes in. If you're lucky, you'll be getting off Megahorn, or Bulk Up. I think this is a pretty interesting set that deviates from the standard Hera sets, but I think it can work out pretty good, just needs some testing :3

Does guts activate from rest? I didn't think it did...

Yep, it activates from Burn, Paralyze, Sleep, Poison, and Freeze

yeah, burn, paralyze, sleep, poison and freeze

Accelgor @ Choice Specs
    Hydration / Sticky Hold
    4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Modest / Timid Nature
    -Bug Buzz
    -Focus Blast
    -Giga Drain
    -Hidden Power [Ice]

Yea I recently had fascination with Accelgors because SIG traded me one when I was at his house. (But you don't need to know this, do you? Forget I said that then...) He has this insane 140 (or was is 145?) base Speed, and a respectable base 100 SAtk. So, why not dump a Choice Specs on him and watch him rampage. So now I need to know if Hydration or Sticky Hold benefits him more. No, there's no rain. Also, I need help on his nature. Which is better? Modest or Timid?

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

Yup he is realy formidable, if you use timid though I think he can outspend neutral base 100 scarfed pokes!

Page 59 of 185 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast