Page 60 of 185 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Will I outspeed Scarf Chomp with a Neutral Speed Nature if I'm Timid? How about the ability?

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

I don't know about scarfchomp (he is base 102) but you can outspend scarfmence, flygon and lots of others.

Edit: for the ability use sticky hold.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Uh, no actually you outspeed base 80s. +Nature Base 80s. And also no scarfer in the right mind will actually run a Neutral Nature, but eh-nyway, Scarfed base 100s will still outrun you even running Timid.

Proof being that base 100s have 299 speed with a neutral nature. I know that because I don't have a life
    Last edited by SomeoneIGuess; 31st May 2011 at 1:49 PM.
    Ignore, thanks.

Ok I obviously worked that out wrong... I though that If they have base 100 and a scarf multiplying that by 1.5 then it would be equivalent to base 150, no? Then if you have a + speed nature at base 145 you should out speed them since, with a scarf, hey would use a + attack or spatk nature...

Oh and by neutral I meant neutral speed (and + attack/special attack), not completely neutral like quirky and hardy, etc.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Oh screw it this means Timid + Less Killage.

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

Golurk@Life Orb
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Nature: Brave
    EV’s: 252 Attack 252 Hp 4 defense

Moves:
    1. Curse
    2. Hammer Arm
    3. Shadow Punch
    4. Earthquake

Here’s my Trick Room bulky sweeper! Curse makes him bulky, more powerful, and faster (in trick room) Hammer Arm gets Iron Fist boost to get up to an impressive 120 base power. It also lowers my speed, which helps a lot in trick room. Shadow Punch also gets iron fist boost and gets STAB as well. EQ gets STAB and generally just a good move. Life Orb makes his attacks even more powerful. Iron Fist boosts Hammer Arm and Shadow Punch. Brave makes him stronger and better for Trick Room. EV’s make him powerful and bulky.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

^ Curse halves HP on Ghosts to inflict damage every turn, so the set doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

^ Curse halves HP on Ghosts to inflict damage every turn, so the set doesn't work.
    Dang, I forgot about that. Oh well. Replace Curse with Stone Edge. Would it work?

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Can he learn bulk up...

Froslass @Focus Sash
    Timid
    Cursed Body
    252Spe, 252Sp.Atk, 4HP
    -Destiny Bond
    -Spikes
    -Taunt
    -Frost Breath
    My personal lead Froslass set, Froslass works incredibly well setting up Spikes after Taunting the opponent to force them to attack me and die from Destiny Bond, hopefully after I've KO'd an enemy or two.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Golurk@Life Orb
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Nature: Brave
    EV’s: 252 Attack 252 Hp 4 defense

Moves:
    1. Curse
    2. Hammer Arm
    3. Shadow Punch
    4. Earthquake

Here’s my Trick Room bulky sweeper! Curse makes him bulky, more powerful, and faster (in trick room) Hammer Arm gets Iron Fist boost to get up to an impressive 120 base power. It also lowers my speed, which helps a lot in trick room. Shadow Punch also gets iron fist boost and gets STAB as well. EQ gets STAB and generally just a good move. Life Orb makes his attacks even more powerful. Iron Fist boosts Hammer Arm and Shadow Punch. Brave makes him stronger and better for Trick Room. EV’s make him powerful and bulky.
    You don't need Stone Edge. I use a Golurk set like this, he's f***in awesome. I have Protect instead of Curse for a moveset in Doubles, makes him flexible in my team. Also because he doesn't have much of a movepool. But Hammer Arm, Shadow Punch, and Earthquake give him all the coverage he needs.

Also, the above set reminded me of a Froslass set I used to run.

Froslass@Choice Scarf
    Naive - Snow Cloak
    108 Atk - 148 Sp.Atk - 252 Spe
    -Ice Punch
    -Shadow Ball/HP Ground
    -Thunderbolt
    -Destiny Bond

A Scarf set that was really good at revenge killing. Ice Punch may seem odd, but that's the impression one gets when almost every Froslass set is special and her Atk is the same as her Sp.Atk. Shadow Ball for extra STAB or HP Ground for the few pokemon that resist the BoltBeam combo ie Magnezone, Lanturn, Rotom is a problem now... But what makes Froslass a successful revenge killer is Destiny Bond. Provided they don't have priority, Destiny Bond will always KO someone.

Also, ScarfLass outruns Cloyster after a Shell Smash. Just thought I'd mention that.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Sp. Def/252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly/ Timid
    - Magic Coat
    - Snatch
    - Counter
    - Mirror Coat

*This set is a miracle worker. The only thing you need to do is have good anticipation skills. Magic Coat reflects status that target Smeargle, Snatch steals recovery, substitutes and stat boosts, this means Smeargle can counter any status move. Counter deals with Physical Attacks, Mirror Coat. Focus Sash means Smeargle can survive one hit and destroy the opponent if well anticipated.*

^This is a brilliant set.
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Cloyster@Rocky Helmet
    252 Atk/100 Def/ 156 Hp
    Careful
    Skill Link

Toxic Spikes
    Spikes
    Razor Shell
    Icicle Spear

I use him to to either just sweep by using icicle spear (always hits 5 times due to skill link) or I use him to set up spikes and mess with the rest of the opponents team. I also have razor shell in there as a last resort. His physical defense comes in handy and rocky helmet hurts physical attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by D-World View Post
    Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Sp. Def/252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly/ Timid
    - Magic Coat
    - Snatch
    - Counter
    - Mirror Coat

*This set is a miracle worker. The only thing you need to do is have good anticipation skills. Magic Coat reflects status that target Smeargle, Snatch steals recovery, substitutes and stat boosts, this means Smeargle can counter any status move. Counter deals with Physical Attacks, Mirror Coat. Focus Sash means Smeargle can survive one hit and destroy the opponent if well anticipated.*

^This is a brilliant set.
    I would consider extremespeed somewhere to finish sashed enemies. Also try moody for added lulz and occasionally a great boost.

Kecelon@Choice Scarf
    Brave/Adamant - Color Change
    252 Atk - 252 HP - 4 Sp.Def
    -Trick
    -Disable
    -Focus Punch
    -Sucker Punch

Best Kecleon set. I use Brave for a Kecleon set in Trick Room in Doubles and I've had many lulz with him.

Anyway, Trick a Choice Scarf onto an opponent, then do one of the following. Disable their attack, rendering them completely helpless to Struggle, Focus Punch if they're locked in a non attacking move, or Sucker Punch if they are locked in an attacking move. Kecleon's high Sp.Def allow him to survive special attacks with ease, and with Color Change, he can switch in on STAB attacks and resist them the next turn, usually. Kecleon isn't known to be bulky, but many people forget that godly Sp.Def on him.

I think this is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    No when accompanied by a droughtails.
    Oh yeah, I think i meant this but just mis-typed it. Oh wells. Anyway, thanks for the help
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Anyone who likes Gallade will like this set.

Gallade@Salac Berry
    Jolly - Steadfast
    252 Atk - 252 Spe - 4 HP
    -Encore
    -Swords Dance
    -Low Kick/Drain Punch/Close Combat
    -Zen Headbutt/Psycho Cut/Night Slash

Anti Lead Gallade. The point of this set is to Encore opponents using Fake Out, which after they hit, you'll be faster than them because of Steadfast. Swords Dance as they switch out and prepare to sweep from there. Low Kick is potentially your strongest attack, hitting a lot of things for 120 BP. Drain Punch is weaker, not that weak at 75 BP, but gets recovery, and Close Combat is consistent and reliable, but the defense drop makes you susceptible to priority. Zen Headbutt is the other STAB option, Gallade's strongest Psychic STAB, with a bonus flinch rate. Psycho Cut is a little weaker but more reliable with accuracy, and the critical hit chance is nice too. Lastly, Night Slash is an option so that you have complete coverage in this set.

I've swept teams just starting with this guy. He works so well, it's funny.

Can he learn bulk up...
    Nope. The only boosting move he gets is rock polish. I think Stone Edge is probably the best option.

I'm using a fully entry hazard UU sandstorm team right now and this Onix has been working wonders for me:

Onix @ Eviolite
    Ability: Sturdy
    252 HP/4 Att/ 252 Sp. Def
    Careful Nature (+Sp. Def., -Sp. Att.)
    Moves:
    -Dragon Tail
    -Rock Polish
    -Sleep Talk
    -Rest

This thing owns in Sandstorm. With the boost to his Sp. Def, he can wall ANYTHING UU has to throw at him. And when he's low on health he just rests up. And the best part is, Sleep Talk ignores priority, so Dragon Tail ALWAYS goes first after 2 or 3 Rock Polishes. This pHazing also prevents Pokes from setting up on him. And my team is designed around this guy, so there's always Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes to increase Passive damage.
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

I'm using a fully entry hazard UU sandstorm team right now and this Onix has been working wonders for me:

Onix @ Eviolite
    Ability: Sturdy
    252 HP/4 Att/ 252 Sp. Def
    Careful Nature (+Sp. Def., -Sp. Att.)
    Moves:
    -Dragon Tail
    -Rock Polish
    -Sleep Talk
    -Rest

This thing owns in Sandstorm. With the boost to his Sp. Def, he can wall ANYTHING UU has to throw at him. And when he's low on health he just rests up. And the best part is, Sleep Talk ignores priority, so Dragon Tail ALWAYS goes first after 2 or 3 Rock Polishes. This pHazing also prevents Pokes from setting up on him. And my team is designed around this guy, so there's always Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes to increase Passive damage.
    Wow! That sounds really cool! I'm really not sure anything should be changed. It's.........perfect. Just make sure you make a good switch in to get lots of rock polishes!

One tiny point, just put the 4 leftover EVs in def since the damage output of dragon tail will be low anyway.

Why not speed? Outrun any Base 70 with no investment. Or something.

@Smeargle, this set performs betterish. Kinda.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Magic Coat
    - Snatch
    - Endeavor
    - Spore / Substitute / Extremespeed

Or you can

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Magic Coat
    - Snatch
    - Metal Burst
    - Spore / Extremespeed

(Metal Burst doesn't have Negative Priority

@Kecleon, actually me and my friend once faced a much more annoying Kecleon. It was a Lead. Uh.

Kecleon @ Brick Mail
    Ability: Color Change
    EVs: I dunno. What?
    Random Nature (+???, -???)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Magic Coat
    - Snatch

I think it was Jolly with 252 HP and 252 Spd, but I'm not sure. Brick Mail makes him immune to Trick. Substitute is useful, since your only weakness is Fighting, and then you gain Fighting STAB later. Always useful. Mgaic Coat reflects SR and the like, and Snatch since some random Gallade has Swords Dance.
    Last edited by SomeoneIGuess; 1st June 2011 at 12:51 AM.
    Ignore, thanks.

Unorthodox spinner?

Hitmonchan @ (dunno what item)
    Iron Fist
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Close Combat / ThunderPunch / Drain Punch

Why not use

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
    Ability: Unburden
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk) | Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Close Combat
    - Bounce / Blaze Kick / Sucker Punch / Stone Edge
    - Stone Edge / Bounce / Sucker Punch

Anyway, for that set Run Drain Punch and Lefties for maximum recovery to spin for as long as possible.
    Ignore, thanks.

I just figured Hitmonchan would get the unexpected edge for spin support, since most everyone uses Lee or Top (since they are probably the better choices, lol)

Page 60 of 185 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast