Page 68 of 185 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Not in this case but I still maintain that it is use on BP chains as it stops you from being phazed out, obviously not on a ferrothorn (or any other grass type) for the reasons that you posted above.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

I suppose there are a few cases where it would be useful, however I have only seen it used to relative success on a Tropius who was Baton passed massive defenses and it stalled with Harvest/Sitrus Berry. So I do concede that there are places where it can be use effectively.
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

I have seen a tropius set like that before but with growth... Very annoying if not KOd immediately.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

hi ive posted this 3 times now and it seems nobody has noticed it so please do and if it is good then just say so i know. cheers

Starmie@leftovers
    natural cure (timid nature)
    252 HP,126 Def, 126 Sp.Def, 4 Spd
    -cosmic power
    -recover
    -thunderbolt
    -ice beam

my idea is if you boost cosmic power and then use recover to heal any damage taken after a few boosts you could be impossible to ohko and able to recover if anything happens. i then thought bolt-beam combo so that maximun coverage can be made out of starmie's movepool.

Starmie is really too frail to pull off a Cosmic Power set. It might be viable with dual screen support, however it's very risky. I'm not an expert in EV spreads, but it doesn't looks too efficient.

OK, hope I'm not breaking the rules by not using a template, but this question doesn't really call for stats/moves.
    So theoretically, in a double battle, could you send out a shedinja and something with the move skill swap, have it use skill swap on the shedinja, then switch the shedinja for an elektross or spiritomb (no weaknesses) and use skill swap on them?

Wrong thread. There's an ask a question thread here. Click the white words.

Anyway it won't work since Wonder Guard can't be Skill Swapped.
    Ignore, thanks.

Lileep@Eviolite
    Sassy - Suction Cups
    252 HP - 252 Sp.Def- 4 Def
    -Toxic
    -Worry Seed
    -Recover
    -Stockpile

Endless Toxic Stall, foo! Do you have any idea what this pokemon is? It's a sea lily, the most dangerous animal on the planet! These things are so deadly, they're extinct in other universes! But not even extinction could stop this little badass from makin' a scene in a fight. Eviolite gives you 66/116/131 defenses, more than its only superior brother Cradily's 86/97/107 stats. But that's cool with Cradily, Lileep is family, they bros.

Toxic gets the ball rollin, a snowball of death! Once they hurt, they hurt'n' 'til they're DEAD!. Oh what's this? Your Breloom is about to use its Poison Heal against me? Don't kid yourself! Lileep was just prepared for that! Worry Seed removes any silly ability that gives his opponents benefit from Toxic, like Poison Heal and Guts, as well as abilities that stall his stalling, like Magic Guard. Never knew what dying by poison feels like? You do now! Ain't got any Poison Heal to save you from his...poison. Stockpile is where it's at, and where is it at, you may ask? Def and Sp.Def, foo. Lileep is so badass, he bulks it up in the middle of battle! He's playin' smart. Recover is the healing grace and salt in the wounds of your opponent, erasing cuts and bruises from his foes tryin' to break Lileep. Silly pokemon! Lileep is unbreakable! As soon as this guy gets off one Stockpile boost, just drop your DS, go home, and cry in your bed knowing you'll never have a pokemon as awesome as Lileep is.

But wait! We're not gonna end this without giving his older brother a spot in the limelight. Of course, any light Cradily stands under is the divine rays of Arceus himself, blessing him with the awesome of the universe.

Cradily@Lum Berry/Big Root
    Relaxed - Storm Drain
    252 HP - 128 Def - 128 Sp.Def
    -Giga Drain
    -Stockpile
    -HP Rock
    -Rest

Offensive Storm Drain Cradily! And he does it like no one else can, probably because no other Storm Drain pokemon has Giga Drain. As if Cradily couldn't be any more awesome, he had to go and get himself a friggin Water immunity! With the benefit of a Sp.Atk boost! Switch in on those pathetically weak Water attacks that would've done so little anyway and boost up on Stockpile and they switch out from fear of his awesome. If you're persistent, you can Stockpile again or go on a rampage with +1 defenses and Sp.Atk. Giga Drain for STAB and healing, and HP Rock because AncientPower isn't a man enough attack for Cradily to use, plus three times the PP, just to mention. Rest is to take a nap once you've accumulated the desired amount of Stockpiles, which is three. Cradily is so awesome, the game only allows him to use three Stockpiles just to restrain his mighty power. Such awesomeness! Lum Berry to save you from unwanted status just once while you're bulkin' up with Stockpile, or to recover from Sleep when you're done boostin up. Big Root lets Cradily suck more life from his opponents, stealing their HP and adding it to his. They don't need it anyway. Pokemon usually fold to Cradily and his awesomeness. The EVs and nature balance out his defenses, giving Stockpile even boosting in both stats.

And there you have it. Unanimous awesome in a single post.

Cradily > Lileep > Stunfisk > EVERYONE.
    Last edited by Black Murder Heavangelon; 10th June 2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: I derped. Cradily forgive me. :<

i don't know why you post set's here. there always perfect

I just had an idea for a mild-mix sweeper.
    Ev's and Iv's are still unknown.
    Drifblim@FlyingGem
    Unburden
    Hasty(+Speed,-Def)
    xHP/xAtt/xSp.Att/252Speed
    Acrobatics
    Shadowball
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt

Basically use Acrobatics with Flying Gem to double Speed and Power in one go. Calm Mind to boost Sp.Att and Sp.Def. Then use either Shadowball or Acrobatics as STAB, or Thunderbolt as an alternate move.

So, I've deveised a Baton Pass set, yet there seems to be a really big hole in it: Entry Hazards ruin it. So here is my answer.

Spinda @ Leftovers/ Lum Berry
    Ability: Own Tempo/ Tangled Feet
    EVs: 252 HP/ 92 Def/ 164 Sp. Def
    Nature: Impish
    - Substitute
    - Baton Pass
    - Wish/ Work Up/ Assist
    - Rapid Spin

*Spinda is the only pokémon capable of Baton Passing and Spinning, albeit Smeargle, who has better things to do on Baton Pass. When i get Spinda in, they are probably a few things flying across poké to poké, such as Acid Armor and Quiver Dance, so that makes Spinda a little bulkier. You first set up a Sub, then Spin away hazards, you can even make use of Spinda, since he has some nice passable moves, Wish being recovery, and Work Up giving more power. Or you could even use Assist to try and use your other pokés boost moves.*

I like this set alot, but I don't know who to replace, i currently have:
    Smeargle (Spore + Ingrain + Shift Gear, can't leave him),
    Vaporeon (Acid Armor, Wish and has Heal Bell),
    Espeon (Magic Mirror + Sub and Wish),
    Blaziken (Speed Boost),
    Mew (Amnesia, Nasty Plot and Swords Dance),
    Venomoth (Quiver Dance + Stops Toxic Spikes).
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Okay, I'm new at competitive battling, but i have an idea for a dusknoir set

Dusknoir@leftovers
    Ability: pressure
    EVs:252hp/86 spdef/166 def
    Nature:relaxed
    - move toxic
    - move will-O-wisp
    - move rest
    - move nightshade
    so this is for triple or rotation battles as a late game wall paired with eviolite chansey and a sweeper. basically it afflicts opponents pokemon with a status such as burn or poison and on heatran it nightshades, when it rests I have chansey use aromatherapy. Please make suggestions on the set

Quote Originally Posted by Black Murder Heavangelon View Post
    Lileep@Eviolite
    Sassy - Suction Cups
    252 HP - 252 Sp.Def- 4 Def
    -Toxic
    -Worry Seed
    -Recover
    -Stockpile

Endless Toxic Stall, foo! Do you have any idea what this pokemon is? It's a sea lily, the most dangerous animal on the planet! These things are so deadly, they're extinct in other universes! But not even extinction could stop this little badass from makin' a scene in a fight. Eviolite gives you 66/116/131 defenses, more than its only superior brother Cradily's 86/97/107 stats. But that's cool with Cradily, Lileep is family, they bros.

Toxic gets the ball rollin, a snowball of death! Once they hurt, they hurt'n' 'til they're DEAD!. Oh what's this? Your Breloom is about to use its Poison Heal against me? Don't kid yourself! Lileep was just prepared for that! Worry Seed removes any silly ability that gives his opponents benefit from Toxic, like Poison Heal and Guts, as well as abilities that stall his stalling, like Magic Guard. Never knew what dying by poison feels like? You do now! Ain't got any Poison Heal to save you from his...poison. Stockpile is where it's at, and where is it at, you may ask? Def and Sp.Def, foo. Lileep is so badass, he bulks it up in the middle of battle! He's playin' smart. Recover is the healing grace and salt in the wounds of your opponent, erasing cuts and bruises from his foes tryin' to break Lileep. Silly pokemon! Lileep is unbreakable! As soon as this guy gets off one Stockpile boost, just drop your DS, go home, and cry in your bed knowing you'll never have a pokemon as awesome as Lileep is.

But wait! We're not gonna end this without giving his older brother a spot in the limelight. Of course, any light Cradily stands under is the divine rays of Arceus himself, blessing him with the awesome of the universe.

Cradily@Lum Berry/Big Root
    Relaxed - Storm Drain
    252 HP - 128 Def - 128 Sp.Def
    -Giga Drain
    -Stockpile
    -HP Rock
    -Rest

Offensive Storm Drain Cradily! And he does it like no one else can, probably because no other Storm Drain pokemon has Giga Drain. As if Cradily couldn't be any more awesome, he had to go and get himself a friggin Water immunity! With the benefit of a Sp.Atk boost! Switch in on those pathetically weak Water attacks that would've done so little anyway and boost up on Stockpile and they switch out from fear of his awesome. If you're persistent, you can Stockpile again or go on a rampage with +1 defenses and Sp.Atk. Giga Drain for STAB and healing, and HP Rock because AncientPower isn't a man enough attack for Cradily to use, plus three times the PP, just to mention. Rest is to take a nap once you've accumulated the desired amount of Stockpiles, which is three. Cradily is so awesome, the game only allows him to use three Stockpiles just to restrain his mighty power. Such awesomeness! Lum Berry to save you from unwanted status just once while you're bulkin' up with Stockpile, or to recover from Sleep when you're done boostin up. Big Root lets Cradily suck more life from his opponents, stealing their HP and adding it to his. They don't need it anyway. Pokemon usually fold to Cradily and his awesomeness. The EVs and nature balance out his defenses, giving Stockpile even boosting in both stats.

And there you have it. Unanimous awesome in a single post.

Cradily > Lileep > Stunfisk > EVERYONE.
    So what happens when you come up against a physical steel sweeper in a sandstorm environment like excadrill with sand rush and a choice band? Or another steel sweeper with a choice band set? Just saying it probably would take out your lileep, and a physical choice banded heatran(as silly as that sounds) might take out your cradily.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulN. View Post
    So what happens when you come up against a physical steel sweeper in a sandstorm environment like excadrill with sand rush and a choice band? Or another steel sweeper with a choice band set? Just saying it probably would take out your lileep, and a physical choice banded heatran(as silly as that sounds) might take out your cradily.
    Fighting types would be 1,000,000,000 times more common, but even then, they have enough natural physical bulk to take a Fighting attack or two. Those are great sets by the way.

Also any sub punch user (tyranitar, azumarill, etc.) can rape the leelip and cradilly is easily phazed out.

Mienshao@(not sure)
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Adamant
    Regenerator
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    - Aerial Ace/Poison Jab

Mienshao is a strong and fast pokemon with a great ability. Hi Jump Kick is a great STAB move. Mienshao's ability, Regenerator, restores your health by about 33% everytime you switch him out of battle. This makes U-turn a must have. U-turn also covers those Psychics that'll be causing Mienshao some trouble. Stone Edge/Rock Slide can both be taught to Mienshao by TM, and they can be used against any flying-type threats. Aerial Ace or Poison Jab are simply filler moves. They stood out to me amongst many options, but of course there are plenty of filler moves that would be just as suitable.
    Tryanitar - NO! Don't eat the nice trainer. No, back, no!!! Darn it, Tryanitar! Get back in your pokeball!

^ standard except for adamant nature and the last move (usualy jolly and fake out respectively)...

I love your username though .

Ok, thanks. I just might use Fake Out.
    Tryanitar - NO! Don't eat the nice trainer. No, back, no!!! Darn it, Tryanitar! Get back in your pokeball!

Yeah, it's really good since you will be often switching out and in again.

Dusclops @Evolite
    252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 HP
    Nature: Bold / Relaxed / Sassy / Calm
    - Pain Split
    - Night Shade
    - Will-o-wisp / toxic
    - Taunt / Protect / Rest

This is my dusclops' set. OMG NO MAX HP EVs? Yeah, Pain Split works better with low HP and its a recovery move. Maxed Defenses and will-o-wisp / toxic for stalling (really, this thing is so annoying). However, toxic or burn kills it, so Rest can be used for healing. Taunt and protect are also good moves

*cough*standard*cough*

This is a Registeel designed for UU

Registeel @ Life Orb
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    - Rock Polish
    - Earthquake
    - ThunderPunch
    - Brick Break

After one Rock Polish, Registeel has a 436 speed making it faster than any non-scarfed UU pokemon besides Ninjask (let me know if that's incorrect). Earthquake and Brick Break is for coverage while ThunderPunch takes care of flying types.
    White FC: 2666 1919 1132

Looks good to me, maybe ice punch over thunder punch though, it still hits flying types but also lots of other stuff too.

Idea for a moveset:
    Heatran@Balloon
    Timid(+Speed/-Att)
    252Sp.Att/252Speed/4HP
    Flame Charge
    Flamethrower
    Earthpower/Rockslide/Ancientpower
    Flash Cannon
    Theory:
    This is a versatile Heatran that can do some mild sweeping. Flame Charge allows Heatran to overcome one of its worst qualities: its speed. Flamethrower is an accurate STAB, although Heatwave/Fireblast are both acceptable. Flash Cannon is another STAB, and has a chance of raising its Sp.Attack. Earthpower, Rockslide and Ancientpower are all there for coverage. HP Ice could also be used, if you especially wanted to counter dragons.

Idea for a moveset:
    Heatran@Balloon
    Timid(+Speed/-Att)
    252Sp.Att/252Speed/4HP
    HP Ice
    Fire Blast
    Earth Power
    Stealth Rock / Roar

The more useful and typical BalloonTran set w/ SR. Flame Charge is a bad gimmick.

Played Every Region. Beat Every Region. Wailord.

Page 68 of 185 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast