Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Actually Fire Blast is perfectly ok on Gyarados to hit Nattorei and 2HKO Skarmory. However you need something like 80 Special Attack EVs and Life Orb to 2HKO all Skarm and OHKO Breloom. Cell Battery doesn't make you immune to Electric moves so I'd drop it for Life Orb.

If you run Moxie Gyarados gets an attack boost each time it kills something meaning a surprise kill with Fire Blast can very well win the game.

I'm not so sure. I'll have to test it to see if it works. I can't really tell from the page. I was thinking about using Flamethrower>Fire Blast, for PP and Accuracy.
    Last edited by pikamanepicfail45; 9th March 2011 at 2:26 AM.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Default Musharna

Bulky Musharna

Musharna@ Zoom Lens
    Ability: Synchronize
    EV’s: 252 sp. defense 252 HP –speed Ev’s

Moves:
    1. Calm Mind
    2. Moonlight
    3. Hypnosis
    4. Psychic/charge beam

I decided to make this set because I’ve been playing my White version and found my Musharna surprisingly bulky. So I was thinking about training one. Calm mind is great to make it bulky and an offensive threat. Moonlight keeps it alive longer. Hypnosis shuts down counters that try to switch in. As with many of my sets, I am unsure what to put for attacking. Psychic is for powerful Stab, but it unfortunately gets walled by dark. Charge beam is for pretty good coverage and great boosting chance, but it gets walled by ground. Zoom lens is to help make hypnosis more reliable. Synchronize is so Musharna won’t get taken out by toxic. EV’s are to make it as bulky as possible and slow as possible so zoom lens can take effect. I guess it’s an ok set for lower tiers. Feedback please?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

^Credit to Pyroecstacy^

^Credit to StonE EdgE^
    Want to know how good your common sense is? Take the test(I made it).     Spoiler:- Quiz Link:

Bible Verse of the Week(or so): Romans 5:1
    Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

White FC: 0647-5803-1668, PO Name: [BI]Pichu47

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Bulky Musharna

Musharna@ Zoom Lens

Moves:
    1. Calm Mind
    2. Moonlight
    3. Hypnosis
    4. Psychic/charge beam

I decided to make this set because I’ve been playing my White version and found my Musharna surprisingly bulky. So I was thinking about training one. Calm mind is great to make it bulky and an offensive threat. Moonlight keeps it alive longer. Hypnosis shuts down counters that try to switch in. As with many of my sets, I am unsure what to put for attacking. Psychic is for powerful Stab, but it unfortunately gets walled by dark. Charge beam is for pretty good coverage and great boosting chance, but it gets walled by ground. Zoom lens is to help make hypnosis more reliable. Synchronize is so Musharna won’t get taken out by toxic. EV’s are to make it as bulky as possible and slow as possible so zoom lens can take effect. I guess it’s an ok set for lower tiers. Feedback please?
    If you use Dream Eater over Calm Mind, you'll be able to have a Psychic and Electric move and not get walled. Musharna kinda has a shallow movepool, so I'd rather go with something like Reniculus or Bronzong. Just my opinion.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Bulky Musharna

Musharna@ Zoom Lens

Moves:
    1. Calm Mind
    2. Moonlight
    3. Hypnosis
    4. Psychic/charge beam

If you use Dream Eater over Calm Mind, you'll be able to have a Psychic and Electric move and not get walled. Musharna kinda has a shallow movepool, so I'd rather go with something like Reniculus or Bronzong. Just my opinion.

credits go to here.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Thanks, great advice. Would replacing moonlight with dream eater work?
    Last edited by Pichu47; 10th March 2011 at 12:49 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

^Credit to Pyroecstacy^

^Credit to StonE EdgE^
    Want to know how good your common sense is? Take the test(I made it).     Spoiler:- Quiz Link:

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

thanks. would using dream eater over moonlight work?

^Credit to Pyroecstacy^

^Credit to StonE EdgE^

Musharna w. Leftovers.
    Ability: Synchronize (When this Pokémon becomes POISON, PARALYZE, or BURN, so does the opponent.)
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD [Might want to change these around a bit]
    Nature: Calm (+Sp.D -Atk)
    .Baton Pass
    .Calm Mind
    .Barrier
    .Moonlight [I really don't know if this is what I want to be frank.]

Well I'm looking for a good place to start a team after not playing pokemon for basically 3 years now. I figure getting a baton passer would be a really good start. Musharna is decent in hp/sp.d/and def all around. Using Barrier and Calm Mind to survive until I can get sufficient SP.A allowing me to Baton Pass the Sp.A to my Sweeper.

I'm honestly not sure if I want to keep the EVs the way I have set here, nor do I know if i want barrier either I'm not 100% familiar with the sorts of pokemon I'd go up against. So others opinions would be good. If not barrier I'd go for either Lightscreen, Safegaurd, or Reflect.

Input on anything and everything is welcome. Be harsh. Tymv! :]
    Last edited by PocketMonstar; 10th March 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstar View Post
    Musharna w. Leftovers.
    Ability: Synchronize (When this Pokémon becomes POISON, PARALYZE, or BURN, so does the opponent.)
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD [Might want to change these around a bit]
    Nature: Calm (+Sp.D -Atk)
    .Baton Pass
    .Calm Mind
    .Barrier
    .Moonlight [I really don't know if this is what I want to be frank.]

Well I'm looking for a good place to start a team after not playing pokemon for basically 3 years now. I figure getting a baton passer would be a really good start. Musharna is decent in hp/sp.d/and def all around. Using Barrier and Calm Mind to survive until I can get sufficient SP.A allowing me to Baton Pass the Sp.A to my Sweeper.

I'm honestly not sure if I want to keep the EVs the way I have set here, nor do I know if i want barrier either I'm not 100% familiar with the sorts of pokemon I'd go up against. So others opinions would be good. If not barrier I'd go for either Lightscreen, Safegaurd, or Reflect.

Input on anything and everything is welcome. Be harsh. Tymv! :]
    Well, first of all its strategy gets destroyed by Taunt. It should have some kind of attack move. Also, there are a lot of better Baton Passers. Like Smeargle, which can learn all sorts of BP moves. If you're using Musharna, it's best to make it a sleep phazer. Hypnosis/Yawn, and if you use Yawn, then have Protect. Dream Eater, and Moonlight, to recover without attacking. Synchronize is a fine ability, and the EV spread is fine, but put a litttle more EVs in defense.

credits go to here.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Well the whole idea behind it is to allow it to live long enough to BP the stats to my sweeper so it fills 2 roles essentially, a weak tank and a BP to power up my sweeper. I totally forgot about taunt so I'll probably swap moonlight for something that would actually help against taunt. Although I'm not quite sure what would happen if a 100% passive pokemon got taunted. :X

It's stats at 100 are (if everything goes right) as follows;
    HP: 405
    Atk: 103
    Def: 195
    Sp.A: 219
    Sp.D: 262
    Spd: 63

I think I should cut a bit away from Sp.D and add it to Def, as I agree with you there but the general arching of how a pokemon should be used and how I want to use it are two very different paths. Regardless thanks for your input. ^__^
    Last edited by PocketMonstar; 10th March 2011 at 3:36 PM.

If you want to block taunt switch out moonlight and put in magic coat.

^Credit to Pyroecstacy^

^Credit to StonE EdgE^

Well If I just have an attack I won't need to block what he's doing. 219 Sp.A isn't really that bad specially for not having any training in the field the only problem is that it wouldn't allow me to do what I want it to do. I'll have to screw around with it a bit before I go for the pokemon, but I think I want to use it the way I had stated with a few minor changes.

Unless a better setup can be made with a Rash nature, this is the best I got for my Zekrom...

Zekrom @ Life Orb
    Ability: Terravolt
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpA
    Nature: Rash (+SpA, -SpD)
    - Fusion Bolt/Bolt Strike
    - Dragon Claw/Outrage
    - Crunch/Stone Edge
    - Draco meteor

What I'm essentially doing here is making a Mixed attacker setup for my Zekrom, to screw over my local metagame (Friends who love Ubers) who won't expect it. It tries to get good Ubers coverage and has Draco Meteor to hit the unsuspecting physical wall that tries to wall it. I don't know how effective this will be, but hey- It's the best I could come up with myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Pokédex: 718

Mienshao @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 4HP/252atk/252speed
    Nature:Hasty nature (+SpD, - Def)
    -Fake Out
    -U-Turn
    -Taunt
    -Hi Jump Kick

--
    Trying to use Meinshao as an anti-lead to help stop SR set-ups, Fake out to annoy and for the lols. Taunt to keep opponent from laying Sr or spikes, Hi jump kick for stab & U-turn to get out and let regenerator work. I don't know if this is the best set for Meinshao but I hope it will work. If anyone also wants to tell me a good set-up for a CM Reuniclus please let me know.
    Last edited by MeinShao Trainer; 11th March 2011 at 10:32 PM.
    This Is My Signature

flygon @ leftovers
    ability: levitate
    Evs: 4HP/252A/252Speed
    - earthquake
    - outrage
    - screech
    - u-turn

This is my first real IV breeding project, and she hatched out (on SS) with IVs of 31/29/31/4/31/31. I want to import her and test her in the battle subway. so I want some advice for a good EV spread as well as alternative ideas.

Such as a sleep talker with rest/sleep talk/earthquake/outrage

or maybe replace outrage with dragon tail and (after entry hazards are placed) choice band with dragon tail, beefed-up defenses, and try to get them to rotate through them?

I have claimed Giratina

Zoroark @ Leftovers
    Ability: Illusion
    EVs: 168 SpA/100 SpD/242 Spe
    Nature: Modest
    - Shadow Ball
    - Snarl
    - Night Daze
    - Nasty Plot

So this is my first competitve ever pokemon. Not sure if I am explaining this correctly.

I wanted a Special Attacking Zoroark, instead of a Physical one. I obtained this one with the right Nature, and Snarl in a trade. Using it to fake out Psychic types with Illusion. With that, I'll use Nasty Plot to rase SpA a bit while they're attack fails, Snarl, and a Night Daze or Shadow Ball.
    White Friend Code:
    1291 - 7521 - 4646

Quote Originally Posted by MeinShao Trainer View Post
    Mienshao @ Focus Sash
    -Fake Out
    -U-Turn
    -Taunt
    -Hi Jump Kick

--
    Trying to use Meinshao as an anti-lead to help stop SR set-ups, Fake out to annoy and for the lols. Taunt to keep opponent from laying Sr or spikes, Hi jump kick for stab & U-turn to get out and let regenerator work. I don't know if this is the best set for Meinshao but I hope it will work. If anyone also wants to tell me a good set-up for a CM Reuniclus please let me know.
    You should run Jolly since you don't need SpA. And you don't need Focus Sash because you always go first, change that to LO.
    And this is a CM Reuniclus set:
    Reuniclus @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature (+Def; -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fighting
    I'm tired of signatures...

Mienshao @ Heat Rock
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 6 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Sunny Day

The idea is to make a lead Mienshao, abuse its Regenerator and set up Sunny Day for the whole team that will be sun-based. I don't want to make it offensively useless so Hi Jump Kick and 252 Atk are there so it can attack too. I'm having doubts about Stone Edge and about replacing it for Taunt or Fake Out.
    Do you have any ideas to make my Mienshao better or is it just fine?
    3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno
    Dragon Safari: Dragonair / Gabite / Sliggoo (PM me if you add my FC)

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W37 L11

PM me if you want to challenge my Gym, or post in the league thread: PokeGyms
    Gym Record: W24 L13

Userbar made by Astral Shadow - The Under

If you want to run Sun just run Ninetails, otherwise there is no point in using Sun at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

Quote Originally Posted by MeinShao Trainer View Post
    Mienshao @ Focus Sash
    -Fake Out
    -U-Turn
    -Taunt
    -Hi Jump Kick

--
    Yeah, Timid (EDIT: I meant Jolly. Oops.) would have no drawbacks. This is identical to mine except mine has Jolly rather than Hasty. Meh, great minds think alike!

Btw, you might want to change your username if at all possible as you made a typo in Mienshao. (It's Mien, not Mein)
    Last edited by ASB; 12th March 2011 at 6:12 PM.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    If you want to run Sun just run Ninetales, otherwise there is no point in using Sun at all.
    Very wrong. I spent the entire 4th gen using a Sunny Day team, with great results. I don't want Ninetales because I don't want a team full of Fire-types with the same weaknesses and I want to be able to control the weather. Tyranitar ruins Ninetales totally.

Also, Drought is a Dream World ability, which I don't have access so far.

Yeah, Timid (EDIT: I meant Jolly. Oops.) would have no drawbacks. This is identical to mine except mine has Jolly rather than Hasty. Meh, great minds think alike!

Btw, you might want to change your username if at all possible as you made a typo in Mienshao. (It's Mien, not Mein)

lol I know the right spelling was taken
    This Is My Signature

Quote Originally Posted by N_Shadow19 View Post
    Very wrong. I spent the entire 4th gen using a Sunny Day team, with great results. I don't want Ninetales because I don't want a team full of Fire-types with the same weaknesses and I want to be able to control the weather. Tyranitar ruins Ninetales totally.

Also, Drought is a Dream World ability, which I don't have access so far.
    Dude, this is competitive pokemon, who cares about your in-game stuff X_X. Just play PO. Anyway, who would use a Sun team without Ninetales, dude?
    I'm tired of signatures...

Quote Originally Posted by artbomber_97 View Post
    Dude, this is competitive pokemon, who cares about your in-game stuff X_X. Just play PO. Anyway, who would use a Sun team without Ninetales, dude?
    Who told you I was talking about my in-game team? I used a Sun team without Ninetales's Drought and I'm proud of it and I'll keep using. If I lose, it won't be your fault, so you could just help with the Pokémon I actually put here or shut up. I don't need Ubers and overpowered Pokémon to win... dude.

Hydreigon @Choice Specs
    Timid
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Atk
    Moves:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Focus Blast
    -Fire Blast
    -U-Turn

i wanted to know what you guys thought of this set..i started ev training my deino not realizing that it doesn't learn dark pulse w/o breeding, and i was wondering if you guys considered focus blast a decent substitute for it or if not that, what?

Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast