Page 83 of 185 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Rock Slide/Stone Edge provides more coverage and than Gyro Ball (And Stone Edge has just as much power with STAB factored in.) And why not just have a Tyranitar/Hippowdon on your team to set up Sand? It boosts Shuckle's Sp. Def astronomically (In the 700's with no investments) and will help Excadrill without having to rely on Shuckle. That also frees up Shuckle for another move, such as Toxic to help stall out the opponent.
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

Quote Originally Posted by tmoss View Post
    To OkikuMew:

I would say that the big root is the best item since it boosts giga drain's power, and maybe leech seed? I would definitely shoot for own tempo since you don't have a sunny-themed team. While I don't usually see people trying to confuse me with some move in battles, I see it more than I see people using Sunny Day, so that ability would be slightly more useful. As to EVs, I'm no expert, so I would like to defer that to another member. I believe I would aim for Timid as a nature so that extra speed would give you a better chance of setting up substitute. Finally, I can't really see why substitute is better than protect or vice versa. If you used protect, you could use that to gain some free HP if you set up leech seed previously. However, substitute guarantees that you will only take 25% of Lilligant's HP as damage each turn. Personally, I would choose substitute. If somebody else wants to take a crack at it, feel free.
    Thank you so much! And of course, thank you for the others that helped me out with my lil annoyer in my previous posts

I would take substitute also, with your description it seems a lil more helpful (not to mention you can use it on every turn without worrying of missing like protect...). I guess timid's the best one for the extra speed (plus if I remember right my small stat search, Liligant got a pretty good base speed stats compared to similar pokes that can subSeed, so upping it up would be good )

I'm still open to other comments through, plus there's still the EVs question to answer X) ^^ At least I can finally get into the breeding phase to get a Timid Petilil with a high HP and Defense IVs
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 1st July 2011 at 5:23 PM.

^^Glad to help.

Ok, well, that means that i need to add something like sunny day or rain dance to another one of my pokes since I don't necessarily want a permanent sandstorm. Only half my team would benefit from it. Luckily, I believe I have someone who could take that on. Thanks for the advice!
    Black FC: 2709-1415-7787

To OkikuMew:

I would say that the big root is the best item since it boosts giga drain's power, and maybe leech seed? I would definitely shoot for own tempo since you don't have a sunny-themed team. While I don't usually see people trying to confuse me with some move in battles, I see it more than I see people using Sunny Day, so that ability would be slightly more useful. As to EVs, I'm no expert, so I would like to defer that to another member. I believe I would aim for Timid as a nature so that extra speed would give you a better chance of setting up substitute. Finally, I can't really see why substitute is better than protect or vice versa. If you used protect, you could use that to gain some free HP if you set up leech seed previously. However, substitute guarantees that you will only take 25% of Lilligant's HP as damage each turn. Personally, I would choose substitute. If somebody else wants to take a crack at it, feel free.

Next, I have a question regarding a move set for Shuckle. This is what I'm thinking:

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Sp Def
    IVs: 0 Atk/ 0 Sp Atk/ 0 Spe
    Nature: Relaxed [+Def, -Spe]
    Power Split
    Gyro Ball
    Earthquake
    Sandstorm

My plan here is to switch into Shuckle after having activated trick room with my bronzong. Then I could cut the opponents attack - simultaneously boosting mine - with power split and proceed to gyro ball or earthquake whatever I'm up against. However, when I sense that Shuckle's rein is closing, I could use Sandstorm and switch into my Excadrill, who greatly benefits from it, or my Umbreon, who could use wish and allow me to heal Shuckle, thus extending his rein. Are there any better attacks I could use for better coverage? Perhaps instead of earthquake I could use stone edge to take care of Skarmory (or at least try to)? The 0 IVs allow me to take a huge chunk of attack power out of the opposing poke when using power split and allows me to take even more of an advantage of trick room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medicham's Hat View Post
    Rock Slide/Stone Edge provides more coverage and than Gyro Ball (And Stone Edge has just as much power with STAB factored in.) And why not just have a Tyranitar/Hippowdon on your team to set up Sand? It boosts Shuckle's Sp. Def astronomically (In the 700's with no investments) and will help Excadrill without having to rely on Shuckle. That also frees up Shuckle for another move, such as Toxic to help stall out the opponent.
    @ Medi: It really doesn't whether Shuckle has coverage or not. It's not like it's sweeping the metagame...

Anyway, As for your Power Split logic here's some calcs for you.

Adamant Terrakion w/ +0 has 392 Attack
    Impish Shuckle w/ +0 has 56 Attack
    Power Split: 224

Adamant Haxorus w/ +0 has 432 Attack
    Impish Shuckle w/ +0 has 56 Attack
    Power Split: 244

While it is useful for crippling power threats, it doesn't help Shuckle's cause and in order to boost its attack to sweeping notch, it would have to use multiple Power Splits on different pokemon to achieve this goal, and being slow, it's easy Taunt bait.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Well yeah, but don't you agree that Stone Edge>Gyro Ball for his purposes?
    My Youtube Channel is finally up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dooplissity

That would definatley be better, gyro ball is great with stab but as you saib withot stab stone edge is just as powerful.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

I need help with my Whimsicott moveset. I mostly will use it for doubles online, once I'm done leveling it.

I usually will usually lead with Whimsicott, unless its a team of all fire types or anything similar to that. Depending on the opponent, I will usally start with either Leech Seed or Cotton Guard. If it is something like Charizard or another special attacking firw type, I will usually switch it out with Chandelure, who has Flash fire. I most often will pair it with Hydreigon, who has surf and Fire Blast, or Latios, who has Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse. Though I will soon try out a Poison Heal Gliscor, which makes Toxic another option in his moveset.

Whimsicott @ I don't know yet (Grass Gem?)
    Prankster
    Bold
    252 HP/252 Special attack/6 Spd
    -Encore
    -Cotton Guard/Toxic
    -Leech Seed/Tailwind
    -Giga Drain

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance ^^
    Last edited by speedbump07; 2nd July 2011 at 4:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump07 View Post
    I need help with my Whimsicott moveset. I mostly will use it for doubles online, once I'm done leveling it.

I usually will usually lead with Whimsicott, unless its a team of all fire types or anything similar to that. Depending on the opponent, I will usally start with either Leech Seed or Cotton Guard. If it is something like Charizard or another special attacking firw type, I will usually switch it out with Chandelure, who has Flash fire. I most often will pair it with Hydreigon, who has surf and Fire Blast, or Latios, who has Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse. Though I will soon try out a Poison Heal Gliscor, which makes Toxic another option in his moveset.

Whimsicott @ I don't know yet (Grass Gem?)
    Prankster
    Bold
    252 HP/252 Special attack/6 Spd
    -Encore
    -Cotton Guard/Toxic
    -Leech Seed/Tailwind
    -Giga Drain

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance ^^
    Trolling your posts trololololololol. on a more serious note, cotton guard/toxic/tailwind. always keep leech seed for recovery for the team if your forced a switch. toxic with gliscor, cotton guard with hydreigon (to absorb some of his surfing damage), tailwind with anyone else or slow as molasis pokemon.

Oh, And I like leftovers for intense turn healing to really messing with them while their trapped in encore, leech seed, and toxic :3.
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

@pokemonjeff

Trolling your posts trololololololol. on a more serious note, cotton guard/toxic/tailwind. always keep leech seed for recovery for the team if your forced a switch. toxic with gliscor, cotton guard with hydreigon (to absorb some of his surfing damage), tailwind with anyone else or slow as molasis pokemon.

Oh, And I like leftovers for intense turn healing to really messing with them while their trapped in encore, leech seed, and toxic :3.

Wait, isn't surf special? Cotton Guard is defense, not special defense :/

Well, I suppose the team is fast enough to take out all but the fastest pokes, and other tailwind users, so I guess I don't need that. Toxic would work... though I'm a bit reluctant to get rid of Cotton Guard, since I can't get it back >_>

I already got leftovers on latios, so that wouldn't work :/

To OkikuMew:

Next, I have a question regarding a move set for Shuckle. This is what I'm thinking:

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    IVs: 0 Atk/ 0 Sp Atk/ 0 Spe
    Power Split
    Gyro Ball
    Earthquake
    Sandstorm

My plan here is to switch into Shuckle after having activated trick room with my bronzong. Then I could cut the opponents attack - simultaneously boosting mine - with power split and proceed to gyro ball or earthquake whatever I'm up against. However, when I sense that Shuckle's rein is closing, I could use Sandstorm and switch into my Excadrill, who greatly benefits from it, or my Umbreon, who could use wish and allow me to heal Shuckle, thus extending his rein. Are there any better attacks I could use for better coverage? Perhaps instead of earthquake I could use stone edge to take care of Skarmory (or at least try to)? The 0 IVs allow me to take a huge chunk of attack power out of the opposing poke when using power split and allows me to take even more of an advantage of trick room.
    I personally like his moveset to be something like this.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    IVs: 0 Atk/ 0 Sp Atk
    -Power Split
    -Acupressure/Toxic/Sleeptalk
    -Rest
    -Rollout

And I agree with Medi that you should use another guy to setup sandstorm. The only problem with Acupressure is that you can get roared/whirlwinded. I like that Rollout builds up power. You could even put on Defense Curl b/c that makes it more powerful. You absolutely need a healing move to help him stall, and be a real pain in the butt.

Well, I have an umbreon for a special wall that knows wish. Hopefully that would give him somewhat of a healing move. And I'm not aiming for him to be a sweeper or anything, I just am using him as sort of an annoyer.

Do you have a possible moveset for that umbreon?
    WHITE FC - 3138 9749 0073

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/nysgo9.gif[/IMG]
    Credit to _Mew for the banner.

Sure, although it could also use improving. The fact that you can no longer baton pass mean look went right over my head until recently, so here it is.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp Def/ 4 Def
    Ability: Synchronise
    Payback
    Taunt
    Toxic
    Wish

Earlier I said I could replace something on this set with sunny day or rain dance. It would probably be taunt since I wouldn't mind getting a status condition because of synchronise (ftw).

well i have an eviolite grotle heres the set
    grotle @ eviolite
    stockpile
    synthesis
    crunch
    toxic
    i know its got horrible coverage so i need some fix ups ive tested it before and as a wall its godlike but with no coverage steel types tear through it

I don't know if this is like the usual set for vaporeon, but I'm thinking about making my vaporeon into something like this.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers Calm
    252HP, 200 Sp Def, 56 Sp Attack
    Scald
    Aqua Ring
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power [Electric]

I like this idea, it's Ev's allow it to take special hits all day, and its got just enough special attack to do damage. Aqua ring and Leftovers is a great combination as it allows me to get back a fair bit of hp each turn. hp electric and ice beam for a pseudo bolt-beam combo and scald for an excellent STAB, as well as the burn can help it absorb physical hits as well.

Just looking to see how good this is.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/24dimub.gif[/IMG]
    FC: 0561 8116 0165
    Ingame Name: Vincent

you might wanna replace aqua ring with something not bad the extra lefties is fun but u have one already so why waste a moveslot i reccomend wish as if ur predicted you can switch out and heal off

I don't understand why people don't use this.

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/2mysv1t.jpg[/IMG]

Feraligatr w/Life Orb
    Nature: Torrent
    EV's: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
    -Waterfall
    -Dragon Dance
    -Ice Punch
    -Earthquake/Substitute

This is a great Pokemon that I definitely think is under-used. It is a great Physical Sweeper IF you can predict a switch and get 1 or 2 Dragon Dances up behind a sub. It has a decent movepool with access to many moves like Earthquake, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Superpower, Crunch, Dragon Claw and Outrage. With this specific set, he can take out Pokemon like Dragonite after an Ice Punch with +1 if Multiscale is broken. I just ran damage calcs, and on Dragonite with +1 it does from 422 to 497 damage. Of course, his STAB Waterfall can 2KO a Garchomp with +1. This is a great Pokemon and if behind a sub, he can take out most Dragon Types with ease and put major holes in teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by blaaz View Post
    well i have an eviolite grotle heres the set
    grotle @ eviolite
    stockpile
    synthesis
    crunch
    toxic
    i know its got horrible coverage so i need some fix ups ive tested it before and as a wall its godlike but with no coverage steel types tear through it
    Put more info, like the EV spread, and what you use it for. If you stall out threats like Ferrothorn, Etc. and more people will review your Pokemon.
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

Sure, although it could also use improving. The fact that you can no longer baton pass mean look went right over my head until recently, so here it is.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp Def/ 4 Def
    Ability: Synchronise
    Payback
    Taunt
    Toxic
    Wish

Earlier I said I could replace something on this set with sunny day or rain dance. It would probably be taunt since I wouldn't mind getting a status condition because of synchronise (ftw).
    Lol, I use this exact set except with Heal Bell support. He is an absolute amazing special wall if I had to say so myself. Well done sir.

Lucario @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Steadfast
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
    -Agility/Nasty Plot
    -Aura Sphere/Vacuum Wave
    -Dark Pulse
    -Dragon Pulse

The idea behind this thing is to counter Dragons who normally would stomp on him with EQ. Under the red scenario, switch in on a predicted EQ, use Agility while they pop the balloon, and then use Aura Sphere for Hydreigon, Dark/Dragon Pulse for Latios, or Dragon Pulse for anything else. Under the blue scenario, switch in on a predicted EQ, use Nasty Plot while they pop the balloon, and then use Vacuum Wave on Hydreigon, or hope you outspeed them while using Dark/Dragon Pulse on anything else.

I just don't know which set to go for. Is he guaranteed a 1HKO without the power boost if I don't use Nasty Plot? Is he guaranteed to last long enough to attack if he doesn't move first thanks to Agility/Vacuum Wave?

Here's a Garchomp which I was planning to use in a Battle Subway Double Team with Excadrill, Tyranitar and Zapdos.

@ Focus Sash
    Sand Veil
    Jolly
    EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves:
    --Swords Dance
    --EQ
    --Dragon Claw
    --Brick Break

Ok, so the main tactic is use swords dance, and the focus sash guarantees he'll get to use one, then sweep with EQ and Dragon Claw, and brick break for levitating steels/breaking screens. Brick Break also brings a fighting type move to my team. I didn't go for Outrage as in double battles it targets a random opponent and I don't want that.

The only thing I worry about is taking double hits that will break my sash.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Swablu @ Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp. Def
    Nature: Careful
    - Cotton Guard
    - Roost
    - Heal Bell
    - Body Slam/ Toxic

*Meet the Blissey of the low tiers: Swablu! It's got good HP, and average defenses, but paired with an Eviolite, it becomes great, Special Defense getting up to 409 and defense 588 after a Cotton Guard. Roost for Recovery, Natural Cure to stop Status, Heal Bell for Cleric duties, Body Slam to stop taunts and as a Paralyzing STAB, Toxic for long term damage*
    Last edited by D-World; 3rd July 2011 at 4:15 PM.
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

conkeldurr flame orb
    guts
    252 atk 252 hp
    adamant
    payback
    stone edge
    protect
    hammer arm/drain punch

payback for coverage against ghost stone edge for coverage against flying protect to not get hit a turn and activate flame orb i cant decide rather to run hammer arm or drain punch hammer arm for the power or drain punch for recovery so tel me wich one to use and by the way he is going to be used in a double battle please rate
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

Rate please.

Toxicroak@Wet Rock
    Ability: Dry Skin
    EVs: 4 Hp/252 Att/252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    ~Sucker Punch
    ~Drain Punch
    ~Rain Dance
    ~Stone Edge/Earthquake/Something else?

He sets up my non-Drizzle RD team. I've got just about everything except the last move slot. Stone Edge or Earthquake? Or is there a better move that would fit there?

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Quote Originally Posted by lucario beast View Post
    conkeldurr flame orb
    guts
    252 atk 252 hp
    adamant
    payback
    stone edge
    protect
    hammer arm/drain punch

payback for coverage against ghost stone edge for coverage against flying protect to not get hit a turn and activate flame orb i cant decide rather to run hammer arm or drain punch hammer arm for the power or drain punch for recovery so tel me wich one to use and by the way he is going to be used in a double battle please rate
    Wouldn't toxic orb be better, as burn decreases attack? (not sure if this affects guts users). I'd run drain punch > hammer arm, for recovery. Also, why not EQ (if he gets it, again im unsure) > protect? So he can double hit, partnered with an air balloon or levitator or flying type.
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

Page 83 of 185 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast