Page 2 of 247 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    HMs suck. as for EVs.. in the 4th gen "guides" section theres a guide to EVs. Also you can look on Smogon for examples.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    What's that mean? Also, how do you figure out the EVs?
    It pretty much means that most HM moves do not have the power, accuracy, or effects to make them worthwhile for competitive battles. Besides Surf, which is a strong and reliable Water move, these HMs are usually outclassed by other moves.

    And this link will give you a good explanation of EVs and how they work.
    http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

    Edit: Ninja'd. Dang.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I have three questions about posting our own CRMT's.

    1. Can we post a team that we are planning to use once the game is out in English & are either unable to find, or don't have the time to find, a simulator?

    2. Can we be able to post our reserves, or pokemon that will temporarily be on our team with everything that is acceptable & a reason why we removed them, too?

    3. Can we put a brief introduction before talking about each team member one at a time time to give viewers more explanation? For example: Say something like "I'm not a fan of HM slaves . . . . " or something like that
    You can post a team for competitive play here but not a team for in-game.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaldWombat View Post
    You can post a team for competitive play here but not a team for in-game.
    Uh, in-game? So I take it that means I can't post, or thread, a team until I get a game right?

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Training for my gym battle with Clemont after swapping out a few of my pokémon
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Uh, in-game? So I take it that means I can't post, or thread, a team until I get a game right?
    It means that if you are going to post a team, then it needs to be one that is going to be for competitive battles against other experienced trainers. In Game just refers to the fact that a team is only made to defeat the Elite Four, a battle against a friend, or something like that. Competitive teams are tailored to certain strategies for battling people all over the world, and are in general much more advanced. Whether you have a game or not doesn't really matter, as you can just try out teams on online servers before you ever get the game (and who's going to prove whether or not you have the game?).

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    It means that if you are going to post a team, then it needs to be one that is going to be for competitive battles against other experienced trainers. In Game just refers to the fact that a team is only made to defeat the Elite Four, a battle against a friend, or something like that. Competitive teams are tailored to certain strategies for battling people all over the world, and are in general much more advanced.
    No, the six main members would be my competitive team absolutely. I just wanted to add my reserves in case I wanted to switch with one of the pokemon on my competitive team for some reason

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Training for my gym battle with Clemont after swapping out a few of my pokémon
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Anyone can help me that what this guy should be
    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/604.shtml

    EV
    - 252 HP, 252 ATK, 4 Def -> huge move pool on physical attack, also it has atk stat better but only good STAB move is wildbolt. A recoil is not good for tanker.
    - 252 HP, 252 SATK, 4 Def -> I can use thunder bolt here to avoid recoil of wildbolt but he has poor satk move pool.
    - 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sdef -> Super tank is here also I can use both atk and satk. but will low on attack power.
    - 252 HP, 128 ATK, 128 Sdef -> Use setup with coil move that can rise defence and attack, but again wildbolt recoil.

    Which on is best?

    And other one

    Sasandora(DarkDragon) @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Modest
    XXX Atk/ XXX Satk/252 Spe
    Draco Meteor
    Crunch
    Fire Blast
    Earth Quake

    What should I spread EV on atk and Satk on him?
    3DS FC : 3566-2812-7996

    My Safari have :

    I can Pokeshift service.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I'm kind of new to the whole forum thing, just wondering about the whole competitive battling RMTs and things, are those supposed to be just single battle teams for use online or can they be double/triple battle teams for use in VGCs and such?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Procrastinating
    Posts
    492

    Default

    What would be a could bulky fire type for my singles comptetive team? It's going to be the singles team I always use, but I really don't want to look myself, 'cause I can't find things about bulky fire types on google.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts, America
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireTheAbsolLord View Post
    What would be a could bulky fire type for my singles comptetive team? It's going to be the singles team I always use, but I really don't want to look myself, 'cause I can't find things about bulky fire types on google.
    O-kay....well "bulky fire type" is somewhat of an oxymoron. They are weak to Rock (Stealth Rock especially) Ground, and Water, all extremely common attacking types. Your best bet is Heatran, but even his bulkiest sets aren't that great.
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Procrastinating
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fschulze47 View Post
    O-kay....well "bulky fire type" is somewhat of an oxymoron. They are weak to Rock (Stealth Rock especially) Ground, and Water, all extremely common attacking types. Your best bet is Heatran, but even his bulkiest sets aren't that great.
    Thanks anyway. I'm thinking Marcargo because of its good defenses. I was think about Heatran, but I decided to but Jirachi for a legandary.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Macego is horible. Use heatran
    Ladder Peaks
    1v1-1/Standard Ubers-2/Standard OU-7/CAP-1/Dream World Ubers-1
    AKA Plusle on Smogon--Member of Team Serebii for Forum Invatational

    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/15mb492.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Procrastinating
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddozook View Post
    Macego is horible. Use heatran
    It isn't that awful. I've used them before. One in PKMN collesiem and I have one I normally use for egg hatching but occasionally use for battles. It isn't that bad. It has amazing defence. Okay, well if I use heatran what do I replace Jirachi with? I don't care what it is, just give me a good reason to use. I'll figure out my own moveset.

  14. #39

    Default

    Does anyone know when the POTW Collaboration will actually begin? I'm kinda looking forward to seeing all the contributions to the project, maybe even helping a little myself.

    Edit: BTW, I want to be the first to post for Blaziken! :P

  15. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Does anyone know when the POTW Collaboration will actually begin? I'm kinda looking forward to seeing all the contributions to the project, maybe even helping a little myself.
    I second this question, I can definately produce some sets and analysises for people to look over if need be as well. 4th gen POTW is getting a bit outdated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  16. #41

    Default

    Does anyone know if it has been confirmed that the Evo Stone works (or doesn't work) on Phione?

    Also, any news on the new POTW?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    the mean land
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I have a question about pokemon simulators. Is there a good pokemon simulator for macs? I tried shody and pokemon online and both of them don't work.

  18. #43

    Default

    Shoddy should work, provided you have Java, and PO recently released a Mac download, I think (I use a Mac and have both, and neither have ever been any trouble for me).

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    955

    Default

    I've been wondering... do moves that hit all pokemon in the field (eg. earthquake) hit the pokemon that you (and your opponent) are not currently using in a rotation battle?
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

        Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

  20. #45

    Default

    Pokemon in rotation battles cannot be hit by any attacks including Earthquake. The only reason they are out is so that you can switch out to them without losing a turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Procrastinating
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Well, quite a while ago I asked 'what would be a bulky fire type?' and now I'm back to see if anyone had any recomendations for me. Look in my signature and I will have something saying its my singles competetive team. Does anyone have a recomendation for me? A bulky pokemon that can learn multible types moves other then the Chansey forms, and a fire type. Keep it out of the same types as the pokemon in my signature please, unless its a double type that has few moves of the type already used. If anyone could help me with this, I would be very thankful because I haven't even started on the team. No Infernape, or Ubers, please.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireTheAbsolLord View Post
    Well, quite a while ago I asked 'what would be a bulky fire type?' and now I'm back to see if anyone had any recomendations for me. Look in my signature and I will have something saying its my singles competetive team. Does anyone have a recomendation for me? A bulky pokemon that can learn multible types moves other then the Chansey forms, and a fire type. Keep it out of the same types as the pokemon in my signature please, unless its a double type that has few moves of the type already used. If anyone could help me with this, I would be very thankful because I haven't even started on the team. No Infernape, or Ubers, please.
    Torkoal. Has 70/140/70 defenses, and is capable of boosting both defenses. Can take Earthquakes with relative easy.

    Strategy: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/torkoal

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Procrastinating
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Thanks! Finallly, a bulky fire type that isn't a legendary! Thank you so much!

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Big Brother house
    Posts
    311

    Default

    I'm breeding some Modest Riolus in prep for B&W, seeing that Riolu now gets access to Nasty Plot. (Woot!) Does anyone have a good moveset for a 5th Gen Special Sweeper Lucario?

    //COMIC//JAY TANAKA//

    "Aw, crap, it's the mature lady. She's too smart."
    -Devestator2000

  25. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxrayess View Post
    I'm breeding some Modest Riolus in prep for B&W, seeing that Riolu now gets access to Nasty Plot. (Woot!) Does anyone have a good moveset for a 5th Gen Special Sweeper Lucario?
    Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Vacuum Wave/Aura Sphere make a nice combo. AS and SB have perfect coverage together, and Vacuum Wave is priority, and trust me when I say that Lucario needs that. Personally, I think that the old SD sets are better, but if you really want to use Nastly Plot then give that set a try.

Page 2 of 247 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •