Page 41 of 246 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

it's always worth using pp ups/maxes, just in case

What's a good build for Trick Room Jellicent for Doubles?
    Nintendo 3Ds Friend Code: 3024 6159 3837
    Looking for Ditto Safari.
    PM me anytime for battles.

The box...[ ]...With it's implications of rigidity and squareness. It symbolizes unimaginative thinking and painful frustration. Sometimes we just have to step back, and see if the solution to the problem lies outside the box. Add this to you signature if you find solutions outside the box.

whats a good move for zoroark extrasensory or u-turn? its a spAtker choice item sweepers

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Yes, you are absolutely correct. When breeding, I'll give one of my Pokemon an Everstone and the other the Power Item of the IV I want passed down. It makes you begin to appreciate the value of a flawless Ditto, now doesn't it?

I apologize for such a late reply. I've been pretty busy lately.
    NP and TY. They should update the article I linked to then since it appears incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxorusfan View Post
    You actually benefit if both pokemon have power items. You can pass down IVs from both parents with the power items but then you can't use the everstone method.
    Well, this is the opposite of what Beck is saying. Do you have any evidence of this? From what I've experienced you are most certainly not guaranteed to pass down an IV from both parents.

you're not guaranteed both iv's being passed down from the parents if both are holding power items, but there is still a chance of it

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    you're not guaranteed both iv's being passed down from the parents if both are holding power items, but there is still a chance of it
    i thought it was a 50% chance of getting one stat if both have a Power item then the other stat wont be pass on whatsoever...

there will always be one that is passed on by the power item, then the other power item may, or may not pass on it's respective iv

Need help spreading EVs on Trick Room/destiny bond cofagrigus. Also not sure if Quiet or Sassy is better. His base HP is 58...should I bother putting EVs there or on the defenses? Max or split.
    White - 3739-8821-6862

Wants
        Spoiler:

Adamant from 4th gen with Fury Cutter and Thunderpunch

Offers
    Anything not listed under wants (minus legendaries).
    UT nonshiny Articuno and Zapdos
    Shiny event Suicune
    Pokerus
    Secret egg event Pansage, UT.

Default A simple question

Well I use serebii a lot for deciding or at least a template for how I EV train my pokemon and the natures they need.
    But surprisingly the two Pokemon I thought they'd do fast would be Reshirim and Zekrom. Now I know this isn't exactly standard competition but since I'm stuck where I need to catch Reshirim (I'm playing Black) I need to know the right nature so I don't get stuck with a bad legendary.

Also Victini but I'm thinking Jolly would be good due to powerful physical moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Xikar View Post
    Well I use serebii a lot for deciding or at least a template for how I EV train my pokemon and the natures they need.
    But surprisingly the two Pokemon I thought they'd do fast would be Reshirim and Zekrom. Now I know this isn't exactly standard competition but since I'm stuck where I need to catch Reshirim (I'm playing Black) I need to know the right nature so I don't get stuck with a bad legendary.

Also Victini but I'm thinking Jolly would be good due to powerful physical moves.
    I dont think it is possible to SR for reshiram/zekrom's nature/IVs because of the way they force you to fight people. at the very least you will be forced to use it in battle

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    I dont think it is possible to SR for reshiram/zekrom's nature/IVs because of the way they force you to fight people. at the very least you will be forced to use it in battle
    You can check their IV's during that battle just go to summary and check the stats when looking to switch at the start of the battle. Use serebii's IV calculator, save before you fighting zekrom/reshiram of course. Its just annoying very to have to go through the dialog repeatedly after each capture to check. Legends though in general are very frustrating to get good IV's for compared to breeding don't get too carried away tiring to get excellent IV's all around just whichever stat is most important. Unless you want to drive yourself insane. You won't know the nature but if you use synchronize it helps plus in time you'll actually be able to take one look at the stats and know if its a plus x nature quickly after so many attempts.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/30ll07b.gif[/IMG]
    So I'm really evil apparently

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    You are not forced to use it in battle, the game gives you the option to send it to the PC.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Is it safe to use the daycare center to raise competitive pokemon? I intend to EV train them however I am wondering if the stats of IVs and EVs are applied to pokemon raised in the daycare?

Thanks
    Pokemon X/Y code: 3909-8751-5673

Safari: Electabuzz, Electrode, Manectric

hey all, what do u think whats best nature for archeops? i got an impish (lvl 63) and jolly (lvl 3) one. In order to EV train the impish one i gotta reset his special attack EVs :P and probably the defense ones too?
    BLACK FC: 5114 3566 8106

Question:

I'm planning on building a Rain Dance Ubers Team. I'm actually wondering what pokemon I should use for the team first. I've been thinking of these guys:

Kyorge (Timid, Lead)
    Ferrothorn (?, Special Wall)
    Palkia (Hasty?, Mixed Attacker)
    Arceus (?Bug?, Jolly, ? Sweeper)
    Celebi (Bold, Physical Wall)

And I'm undecided on the other member.... Is this a good set up or do I need to fix some things?
    oopsie

For competitive Wi-fi battles, do most players use 30/31 IVs? I've been watching the OU/UU/NU matches on Youtube, and it looks like all the Youtube Pokemon Celebs use 31 IVs for all their tier Pokemons.

Should I make another team for Wi-fi battles (All 31 IVs)? My current team doesn't even come close to many teams out there....
    Current Pokemon Black Team
    Lvl 100 Lvl 100 Lvl 100 Lvl 100 Lvl 100 Lvl 100
    Currently Farming for: DW Vulpix (Drought)

Quote Originally Posted by Nushidorei View Post
    Is it safe to use the daycare center to raise competitive pokemon? I intend to EV train them however I am wondering if the stats of IVs and EVs are applied to pokemon raised in the daycare?

Thanks
    Neither Evs nor Ivs are affected by Day care.

Quote Originally Posted by sea_boy21 View Post
    hey all, what do u think whats best nature for archeops? i got an impish (lvl 63) and jolly (lvl 3) one. In order to EV train the impish one i gotta reset his special attack EVs :P and probably the defense ones too?
    Any nature which raises attack or special attack and lowers sp def or def would normally be the best option as with Archeops you'er normally looking to hit hard before you get cut down by his ability. You could keep his special attack evs if you are going to use him as a mixed sweeper?
    Quote Originally Posted by FelixPr0ductions View Post
    For competitive Wi-fi battles, do most players use 30/31 IVs? I've been watching the OU/UU/NU matches on Youtube, and it looks like all the Youtube Pokemon Celebs use 31 IVs for all their tier Pokemons.

Should I make another team for Wi-fi battles (All 31 IVs)? My current team doesn't even come close to many teams out there....
    If you can get flawless ivs then do it, but most people get flawless ivs through a technique called RNGing and if you aren't perpared to do that then don't bother trying for flawless in more than 3 stats . But yeah, flawless Ivs do make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Question:

I'm planning on building a Rain Dance Ubers Team. I'm actually wondering what pokemon I should use for the team first. I've been thinking of these guys:

Kyorge (Timid, Lead)
    Ferrothorn (?, Special Wall)
    Palkia (Hasty?, Mixed Attacker)
    Arceus (?Bug?, Jolly, ? Sweeper)
    Celebi (Bold, Physical Wall)

And I'm undecided on the other member.... Is this a good set up or do I need to fix some things?
    Hey, that's actually a pretty good start you got there! Yeah, even with Kyogre, you have a pretty common Ho-Oh weakness, though I'm not exactly sure how common it is itself. It can come in on Arceus, Celebi, and Ferrothorn and incinerate all three with Sacred Fire, even in the rain (most likely 2HKOs). It can also Brave Bird Kyogre and Palkia for a direct OHKO (with Stealth Rock I think). Additionally, it's commonly seen with Groudon, who sets up Stealth Rock and chips away Kyogre's HP at every switch, which can definitely start wearing it down and creating a situation where Groudon's sunlight will dominant. Now that can certainly be played around with via good playing skills, and there's not a single Pokemon that can take care of both Groudon and Ho-Oh reliably. You could try out Forretress over Ferrothorn to not only provide the entry hazards but also Rapid Spin support (this also beats Uber stall teams that you may see... except your team will need a better way of approaching Giratina-O). Ferrothorn's Power Whip can be helpful against enemy Kyogre/Groudon, but it's dangerous to keep Ferrothorn in constantly (rain-boosted Surfs and Earthquakes add up very quickly) and Power Whip, at times, isn't really strong enough (2HKOes Kyogre and 3HKOes bulky Groudon IIRC). So with that said, you would just switch to Palkia on Kyogre and Celebi on Groudon, which makes me just want to use Forretress to begin with. It's kinda late though and I think some of my logic got twisted (I meant if Ferrothorn were to be switching in on Kyogre and Groudon's Stone Edge or something; it's better to switch in Palkia on Kyogre and Celebi on Groudon).

I don't know, you could try out a Swift Swim user on the last slot and see how it goes. "Double Dragon" with Palkia + Kingdra is an interesting concept to try. Otherwise, Ludicolo is perfect for backup against Kyogre and Groudon, among others (can even SubSeed stall entire teams just like Jumpluff in the sun). If none of those seem to fit the bill, a better check to Giratina-O such as specially defensive Jirachi with Ice Punch could work out.

If you keep Ferrothorn, you for sure want Sassy to improve its chances of survival against Surfs/Thunders. If you go with Forretress, I would still go with Sassy for aid against Shadow Balls and stuff.

It's Ubers though, so I honestly don't expect my suggestions to be all that great, but I hope it helps a little bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Spursfan14 View Post
    Any nature which raises attack or special attack and lowers sp def or def would normally be the best option as with Archeops you'er normally looking to hit hard before you get cut down by his ability. You could keep his special attack evs if you are going to use him as a mixed sweeper?
    i was thinking to cut sp. atk down sience it wont have any sp. attack moves. was asking what you think is better +speed -sp.atk or +defense -sp.atk?
    i'm eving the jolly one now anyway xD

How do people work out the number for each stat when they use pokesav? and once there worked out would you then need to add 63 or 'x' amount of EV's onto each stat or do they add automatically?

Nevermind I managed to solve it myself :$

hi all, i need your opinion on a dragonite competative moveset.
    dragon dance
    dragon rush/outrage
    wing attack/hurricane
    aqua tail

it has a serious nature so hurricane isn't out of the question

or u think it's better to get an adamant one with that moveset and skip hurricane/wing attack and use outrage and dragon rush?

Breed for Adamant if you're going for a Dragon Dance Dragonite (and yes, I'd skip Hurricane/Wing Attack for Outrage but not Dragon Rush - I'd use Earthquake for more coverage). Otherwise, Serious... could actually be "okay" if you go with a bulky mixed attacking set. Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Superpower or Earthquake if you can't get Superpower/Roost can be usable, but missing out on Outrage kinda hurts a lot. Dragonite will be incapable of outspeeding certain threats (anything 260 or above really if D-nite goes 252 Spe, but if not, 164 Spe is probably the highest it should go in terms of EVs to outspeed neutral base 100 Pokemon and under) while also being incapable of dealing as much damage as it should be doing in exchange for more bulk for a stat. It's a kinda bad payoff, but if you're fine with it, then it's usable.
    Team Building Guide For Beginners!

Trade Thread - has free flawless dittos! (both english and japanese)

FC: 2365-5113-5595 (White)

Hey i need help with my team can u help please?im trying to get a good team going to beat all my friends heres what i got
    closter with a nevermeltice
    ice beam
    hydropump
    shell smash
    icicle spear

Yanmega no item
    bug buss
    air slash
    u turn
    uproar

torterra no item
    Frenzt plant
    giga impact
    hyperbeam
    leaf storm

tyranitar no item
    fire blast
    thunder hyperbeam
    giga impact

metagross no item
    giga impact
    hyperbeam
    meteor mash
    hammer arm

garchomp adamant orb
    hyperbeam
    earthquake
    fire blast
    dragon rush

I was looking for a better offence teambecause he beats me all the time so im open up to suggestions please help im new at this

Quote Originally Posted by Stuck on Stupid View Post
    Hey i need help with my team can u help please?im trying to get a good team going to beat all my friends heres what i got
    closter with a nevermeltice
    ice beam
    hydropump
    shell smash
    icicle spear

Yanmega no item
    bug buss
    air slash
    u turn
    uproar

torterra no item
    Frenzt plant
    giga impact
    hyperbeam
    leaf storm

tyranitar no item
    fire blast
    thunder hyperbeam
    giga impact

metagross no item
    giga impact
    hyperbeam
    meteor mash
    hammer arm

garchomp adamant orb
    hyperbeam
    earthquake
    fire blast
    dragon rush

I was looking for a better offence teambecause he beats me all the time so im open up to suggestions please help im new at this
    This needs to be added to and then posted in the CMRT section.

Former Champion of SerebiiForums.com

[img]http://i56.*******.com/2yy1js9.jpg[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/user/KingsOfPokemon
    Subscribe for the highest level competitive matches!

Page 41 of 246 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast