Page 141 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Even with Shell Smash Solid Rock is better. Turtle thing is very bulky, its not hard to find a free turn to set up. Barring HP Grass not much will KO him, and in the sand the number of things that can OHKO him with Solid Rock drops to pretty much nothing.

So with Sturdy you end up at 1 HP or the same / lower than Solid Rock.
    With Solid Rock you can probably find something to smash against and end up with ~40% HP.. enough to survive some weaker priority.

Not to mention Sturdy is instantly broken by Stealth Rocks and taking ANY hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    ^Why would you use one without shell smash??
    Because my strategy is to learn the expected strategy for each pokemon and then not use it. That way I shall throw my opponents into confusion.

Or I'll just lose. I'm OK with that too.

I'm not buying why you're going to run it without Shell Smash (unless you can't fit it in some sweet move combo). Care to give a set?

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Even with Shell Smash Solid Rock is better. Turtle thing is very bulky, its not hard to find a free turn to set up. Barring HP Grass not much will KO him, and in the sand the number of things that can OHKO him with Solid Rock drops to pretty much nothing.

So with Sturdy you end up at 1 HP or the same / lower than Solid Rock.
    With Solid Rock you can probably find something to smash against and end up with ~40% HP.. enough to survive some weaker priority.

Not to mention Sturdy is instantly broken by Stealth Rocks and taking ANY hit.
    I am extremely skeptical. He does have better defensive stats than I thought though, I'll give you that. Without that Sandstorm support though, his Sp Def instantly becomes too much of an Achilles' heel, and based on her prior comments, I somehow doubt it'll have such support. If you are going to opt for more power over better defensive capabilities, just... use Cloyster...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgirl44 View Post
    Because my strategy is to learn the expected strategy for each pokemon and then not use it. That way I shall throw my opponents into confusion.
    I'm really not trying to be mean, I just want to tell you the truth. Lots of people have had that same idea before. "If I find an unexpected way of running a Pokemon that traditionally only has one or two standard sets, my set will throw my enemy into confusion because they won't know what to expect." That almost never actually works out. Standard sets like Shell Smash on Carracosta are standard for a reason: they're the best variant. That surprise factor is usually not enough to warrant the trade-off obtained by running an inferior form of an otherwise good Pokemon. It's like trying to run physical Latios; surprising yes, but vastly inferior, also yes.

tl;dr standard sets are standard because they're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I am extremely skeptical. He does have better defensive stats than I thought though, I'll give you that. Without that Sandstorm support though, his Sp Def instantly becomes too much of an Achilles' heel, and based on her prior comments, I somehow doubt it'll have such support. If you are going to opt for more power over better defensive capabilities, just... use Cloyster...
    Your logic makes no sense. Play well and Carracosta should find lots of things to set up on. But in the real world with Stealth Rocks negating Sturdy Solid Rock will give you more chances to set up. With Solid Rock even Gliscor Earthquake 3HKOs. Solid Rock gives Carracosta a better chance to set up with ample spare HP to survive random priority moves.

I'm really not trying to be mean, I just want to tell you the truth. Lots of people have had that same idea before. "If I find an unexpected way of running a Pokemon that traditionally only has one or two standard sets, my set will throw my enemy into confusion because they won't know what to expect." That almost never actually works out. Standard sets like Shell Smash on Carracosta are standard for a reason: they're the best variant. That surprise factor is usually not enough to warrant the trade-off obtained by running an inferior form of an otherwise good Pokemon. It's like trying to run physical Latios; surprising yes, but vastly inferior, also yes.
    Uhh, actually Carracosta has very good defensive stats for a Curse set. Ok, not in OU. Then its made useless by Skarmory, Celebi etc. But in UU its very hard to crack without a grass move. 252 HP / 252 Special Defense in sand after a Curse gets 74 / 208 / 122 base defenses with an additional 25% damage shaved off of super effective attacks. With those stats stuff like Mismagius Thunderbolt 4HKOs (5HKOs with min damage). It hits decently hard too. With zero investment it gets 171 base attack after a Curse.

tl;dr standard sets are standard because they're the best.
    Actually its the other way around. The best become standard sets. If people didn't innovate we'd all still be using Mega Drain Exeggutor and Hyper Beam Tauros.

I have a question.
    If suppose my pokemon uses worry seed on a pokemon and its ability becomes insomnia and it switches out. Then will its ability revert to normal or stay Insomnia for the whole battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    I have a question.
    If suppose my pokemon uses worry seed on a pokemon and its ability becomes insomnia and it switches out. Then will its ability revert to normal or stay Insomnia for the whole battle?
    You serious?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Yes I am... I have never really used it but it is a good counter for a defensive pokemon who relies on rest... I was just thinking about it so that question came to me

it'll return to it's prior ability. Worry Seed.

I saw this somewhere:

1. Shedinja w/ mimic mimics Skill swap
    2. Skill Swap pokemon returns and a Spirotomb is sent out
    3. Shedinja uses skill swap on Spirotomb

Is this legit?

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/35kppqp.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/iwsxlc.gif[/IMG]

Credit to Sarah and Neo Pikachu for artwork

Wonder Guard

in addition

Quote Originally Posted by bulbapedia
    Wonder Guard cannot be Skill Swapped or copied by Role Play, but it can be Traced. In addition, Wonder Guard cannot turn into Mummy.
    so, no

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Wonder Guard

in addition

so, no
    Oh ok. I thought when it said it couldn't be skill swapped it meant use skill swap on Shedinja wouldn't work, but worked the other way.

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/35kppqp.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/iwsxlc.gif[/IMG]

Credit to Sarah and Neo Pikachu for artwork

How should I set up my solosis before it evolves twice?

My other dragon please visit.

The standard rules state that no evasion increasing moves are allowed. Does that apply to accuracy lowering moves too? and if so are Octazooka and Night Daze allowed in standard game?

The standard rules state that no evasion reducing moves are allowed. So is Night Daze allowed which has a 40% chance of lowering opponent's accuracy... Its a direct damaging move so thats why I am not sure
    Actually, the rule is against evasion boosting moves, namely Double Team and Minimize (which now sharply raises evasion). Moves that lower evasion or lower accuracy are fine, so moves like Sand Attack, Defog, and Night Daze are fine, although Night Daze is the only one of those that's any good.

Yeah I made a mistake. I edited it too just now but thanks yes Night Daze is the only worth using move among them but almost all people use Dark Pulse with Zoroark so that made me wonder if Night Daze was allowed or not

Yeah I made a mistake. I edited it too just now but thanks yes Night Daze is the only worth using move among them but almost all people use Dark Pulse with Zoroark so that made me wonder if Night Daze was allowed or not
    The main reason people use Dark Pulse instead is to better keep an illusion. Since Zoroark is the only Pokemon to learn Night Daze, it gives it away completely, while Dark Pulse may not (if you're disguised as something like Gengar). There's also accuracy, but that's less of a problem.

Any nature recommendations for a DW Carvana I'm about to breed with Hydro Pump? Since it has Speed Boost and can just Protect on the first turn I'm not feeling speed-boosting. Maybe Mild?

I have claimed Giratina

Yeah, Mild/Rash for a Mixpedo. HP Fire's also good.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    The main reason people use Dark Pulse instead is to better keep an illusion. Since Zoroark is the only Pokemon to learn Night Daze, it gives it away completely, while Dark Pulse may not (if you're disguised as something like Gengar). There's also accuracy, but that's less of a problem.
    Lol, wtf? Who uses Dark Pulse on Gengar? If I see a Gengar use Dark Pulse I automatically know that's a Zoroark in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    Lol, wtf? Who uses Dark Pulse on Gengar? If I see a Gengar use Dark Pulse I automatically know that's a Zoroark in disguise.
    Yeah really. Why bother using it on Gengar?
    The Illusion Ability is cool, but slightly pointless. (unless you disguse it so it looks like a move that should be supereffective but isn't on Zoroark
    I prefer to avoid crazy stalkers, thank you very much.

Help me hatch it please!

Anybody have an anwser to my question?

My other dragon please visit.

^Well, it usually run trick room or calm mind. Whichever one would work vetter for your team.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

At best I've seen Zoroarks paired with Infernapes using Flamethrower. But most of Illusion's usefulness comes from forcing a switch that may or may not give you an advantage.

I have claimed Giratina

i have a set but i need a nature and evs and item
    sableye@?
    Nature::?
    evs?
    confuse ray
    recover
    W-o-W
    shadow claw / shadow ball
    3ds FC 1048 8280 0964 IGN Matthew

Page 141 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast