Page 196 of 246 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Because in single battles, there are only two pokemon on the field.
    Well then what about Doubles? In Doubles is there a chance they can't hit you if the accuracy is below 100%
    My Black Friend Code is 4770 6733 5678

Click the banner to check out The Phantom Legacy
    Join us on The Phantom Legacy Xat

Come trade with me! PM me for offers.
    Be sure to check out Serpentine's Breeding Shop

Can someone explain Power Swap and Guard Swap?

What's a good Dual Screener for a Stall TR team? I was thinking Gothitelle.

Is it bad if I have all Special sweepers on a team? Well, they're not all sweepers, but I only have Special attacks.

Can someone explain Power Swap and Guard Swap?
    Let's say a pokemon uses Acid Armor. It's defense would then be at stage two. Then it used tail whip on an Alakazam, so Alakazam's defense is at -1. Then, if Alakazam uses Guard Swap, it's defense would be at +2, and it's enemy's would be at -1.
    Well then what about Doubles? In Doubles is there a chance they can't hit you if the accuracy is below 100%
    Probably not enough room to explain how it worked in doubles. But the point is it only effects the pokemon with the ability and the pokemon attacking it, and that's all that really matters.
    What's a good Dual Screener for a Stall TR team? I was thinking Gothitelle.
    Stall TR is a bad idea. That has a lot of swapping out, wasting rounds of TR with protect, will-o-wisp, toxic, ect, and speed doesn't matter half as much in stall. You want to go with offensive(and preferably bulky) pokemon, only using defensive pokemon for setting up trick room. Anyway, Bronzong is an great choice for that role.
    Is it bad if I have all Special sweepers on a team? Well, they're not all sweepers, but I only have Special attacks.
    As long as you have a reliable way around Blissy.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I haven't seen this set on Smogon. It made it up myself. Would it be good for an adamant Snorlax?

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Thick Fat

•Body Slam
    •Crunch
    •Focus Punch
    •Substitute

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Thick Fat

•Double-Edge / Body Slam
    •Crunch / Protect
    •Earthquake / Focus Punch
    •Substitute / Yawn

Protect, Focus Punch and Yawn are parts of a combo. One could use Yawn against an opponent, then use Protect to shield itself from another hit before the opponent falls asleep. Otherwise, they could use Focus Punch right after the Yawn so the switch-in can take a hit. The sitrus berry will recover Snorlax after the recoil damage from Double-Edge.
    Yawn's for phazing. They usually switch out instead of falling asleep. If you do that you're relying a lot on status moves which is countered by taunt. And since Snorlax isn't very fast you might be setting yourself up. So I'd take out Yawn. Besides Sub Punch works well especially since Snorlax is slower than most Pokemon. Replace the Sitrus Berry with Leftovers. Sitrus Berry is a one time use. Leftovers can heal the same amount in four turns i think. Body Slam's probably better than Double Edge. It's not as strong but you can get the paralysis and the hax is always good. Don't take Protect over Crunch. I'm sure you why.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac
    Let's say a pokemon uses Acid Armor. It's defense would then be at stage two. Then it used tail whip on an Alakazam, so Alakazam's defense is at -1. Then, if Alakazam uses Guard Swap, it's defense would be at +2, and it's enemy's would be at -1.
    Thanks. So it'd be good for like a Superpower, Leaft Storm, etc.

Probably not enough room to explain how it worked in doubles. But the point is it only effects the pokemon with the ability and the pokemon attacking it, and that's all that really matters.
    [quote=Zachmac]Stall TR is a bad idea. That has a lot of swapping out, wasting rounds of TR with protect, will-o-wisp, toxic, ect, and speed doesn't matter half as much in stall. You want to go with offensive(and preferably bulky) pokemon, only using defensive pokemon for setting up trick room.
    All right. They're all walls. They're just kind of slow. What do you reccomend?

As long as you have a reliable way around Blissy.
    Well I have Toxic. I guess I could always add some kidn of fighting type.

Is Mud Bomb/Mud Shot a viable choice for Politoed?

Can you have two different tier Pokemon mixed? If so is that called a Mixed Tier?

All credit goes to Trickster44!
    Thanks for the awesome UserBars Trickster44!

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    Can you have two different tier Pokemon mixed? If so is that called a Mixed Tier?
    Yes, a mixed tier is a group of mixed tier pokemon.....

But it always counts for the highest tier on your team.

Thanks, Serpentine, for the clarification. Focus Punch and Double-Edge will NOT be in the same set. Now, onto my next question...

I can chain breed Wish to Eevee. People want their vaporeons to know Wish. What defensive nature should I aim for, Bold or Calm?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Thanks, Serpentine, for the clarification. Focus Punch and Double-Edge will NOT be in the same set. Now, onto my next question...

I can chain breed Wish to Eevee. People want their vaporeons to know Wish. What defensive nature should I aim for, Bold or Calm?
    Bold. Better for walling and taking on anything.

What are some solid mix'd sweepers? I'm drawing a blank, it's late xD
    Other than Salamence and Infernape

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    Azelf is pretty good, so is Virizion, and simply a Pokes with good movepool and access to Psyshock.
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

Are flawless pokemon are able to compite on in-life competitions?

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    Jirachi works really nicely as a mixed sweeper. Also, things with Psyshock also function as technically mixed.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post
    Are flawless pokemon are able to compite on in-life competitions?
    I guess that what you tried to ask is "Are flawless pokemon allowed/permitted on real-life/official tournaments"

and the answer is yes, Flawless Pokemon (as long as not hacked) are permitted and in fact Nintendo is aware of RNG and they said is valid
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Sorry for the bad grammar @u@ and thanks for helping me with that n-n

Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

Is Mud Shot/Mud Bomb good for Politoed? Their accuracies are low, yet they cover their Electric weakness. Or is any ground move a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Is Mud Shot/Mud Bomb good for Politoed? Their accuracies are low, yet they cover their Electric weakness. Or is any ground move a bad idea?
    If it's a timid max speed Politoed than maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea. Electric types are generally fast, and with Politoeds Drizzle, their Thunder's would always OHKO so it'd just be a better idea to have a ground type to switch out to.

so, i noticed that a Kyogre i traded from my old friend back in the R/S days (apparently arrived after a long travel through time) has a Bold nature. i was looking for an EV spread for it on Smogon, but they all the Bold nature EV spreads seem strange to me. any help from you guys?
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Probably a bad idea, not because of their typings, but low base powers. Unless you really wanted to handle x4 ground weak pokemon, but the only common one I can think of is Heatran.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Probably a bad idea, not because of their typings, but low base powers. Unless you really wanted to handle x4 ground weak pokemon, but the only common one I can think of is Heatran.
    Who you hit with STAB Water anyway.

For a Staraptor@Choice item, would you go with Intimidate or Reckless? And with Adamant or Jolly Nature?

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    For a Staraptor@Choice item, would you go with Intimidate or Reckless? And with Adamant or Jolly Nature?
    Reckless and Jolly. You want to not get outsped and Staraptor needs all of the damage he can get with Brave Bird.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

Why would you not use your STAB water on Heatran anyway? Yah those moves would be pretty useless as a STAB rain boosted water attack will do more damage anyway

GodDamnZilla

Hey, if you put a Pokemon, un-EV trained, in the Day Care, would that eat up EV Points? It's not battling a specific Pokemon, so there are no EVs going to it, right?

Thanks for your help!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by britishlanguage View Post
    Reckless and Jolly. You want to not get outsped and Staraptor needs all of the damage he can get with Brave Bird.
    Thanks, although I'm wondering if Adamant wouldn't be better with a Choice Scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    Hey, if you put a Pokemon, un-EV trained, in the Day Care, would that eat up EV Points? It's not battling a specific Pokemon, so there are no EVs going to it, right?

Thanks for your help!
    Yes, correct. It will remain without EV's, just keep in mind they will keep deleting it's moves as it levels.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    Thanks, although I'm wondering if Adamant wouldn't be better with a Choice Scarf.
    BEst way to decide these things is to open up your OU speed tiers, BH posted some here, or you could use Smogon's which are probably a little more in depth. Take a look at what speed stat you'd be reaching with each nature and if you'd be outpacing certainthreats that you can beat out before they kill you then you use the speed boosting nature. If this is not the case a d there is no noticeable hints to outspend and you reall like the power boost adamant gives, then go adamant

GodDamnZilla

Page 196 of 246 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast