Page 213 of 247 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    What EV spread should I run on a hasty shiny crobat with 31 speed IV?
    That depends on what you want it to do. I prefer 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe, using Crobat for attacking. Smogon recommends 252 HP/116 Atk/4 SpD/132 Spe to use Crobat as a stallbreaker.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    That depends on what you want it to do. I prefer 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe, using Crobat for attacking. Smogon recommends 252 HP/116 Atk/4 SpD/132 Spe to use Crobat as a stallbreaker.
    This will mainly be for ingame (postgame) purposes- with a little side of competitive batting; I will just go for the 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe spread. Thanks!

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Are there people who use Pokemon Online in order to battle at the VGCs, or is it not possible to? And, do you actually gather somewhere for the VGCs, or do you register, and go home and then Wifi Battle, or something? I'm kind of confused.
    Pokemon Sapphire Scramble Challenge!
    Completed!

~Look At All The Bothers I Give~

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolNinja66 View Post
    Are there people who use Pokemon Online in order to battle at the VGCs, or is it not possible to? And, do you actually gather somewhere for the VGCs, or do you register, and go home and then Wifi Battle, or something? I'm kind of confused.
    vgcs are an in-person event, and it must be with a game cartridge and not on a simulator. ironically, the simulators don't simulate the real-time effect length of moves, so that's one thing since vgcs are on a time limit. secondly, vgcs are official and rule-regulated events, so there is no reason why it wouldn't be at specified event locations and on a cartridge.

Hi all,

If a Gengar has a nature which decreases speed + 0 IV's in speed, without EV investment, what will its base speed be? Wondering how much you can drop it from the base 110 speed...
    <3 - Brawl FC: 1977-1714-5254 - Latest Breed: 31/10/21/31/19/31
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Chauzu View Post
    Hi all,

If a Gengar has a nature which decreases speed + 0 IV's in speed, without EV investment, what will its base speed be? Wondering how much you can drop it from the base 110 speed...
    Assuming that Gengar is on level 100, the lowest Speed that it can have is 230.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Does multiple hit moves like Bonemerang bypass Sturdy / Focus Sash?
    <3 - Brawl FC: 1977-1714-5254 - Latest Breed: 31/10/21/31/19/31
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Chauzu View Post
    Does multiple hit moves like Bonemerang bypass Sturdy / Focus Sash?
    Yes, those and other moves like Bullet Seed as well.

Does anyone know the exact chances of getting poisoned by Poison Touch ? it says 20% on serebii but here it says it is a 30% chance (being 20% only in the Japanese versions of Black and White)
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    Does anyone know the exact chances of getting poisoned by Poison Touch ? it says 20% on serebii but here it says it is a 30% chance (being 20% only in the Japanese versions of Black and White)
    I checked, and at least according to Pokemon Online, it's 20 percent.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

ELECTIVIRE.

Why do so few people use it? It's fantastic. It's got great type coverage and awesome ability which can potentially turn it into a rather successful sweeper. I run one all the time and it gets work done.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by lodestar View Post
    ELECTIVIRE.

Why do so few people use it? It's fantastic. It's got great type coverage and awesome ability which can potentially turn it into a rather successful sweeper. I run one all the time and it gets work done.
    Well, it's OU in fourth gen as of right now, so you can't say only a few people use it in that meta game. In fifth generation, its problem is that it's strong, but not that strong. It has a lot of coverage, but no really powerful moves. I mean think about it, the absolute strongest move at its disposal is Wild Charge, which is only base 90 anyway. It is really good at checking a wide variety of threats, but because of how easy it is to wall it, it tends to get only a little usage. It also doesn't help that it tends to be very recoil-heavy, which hurts it even more against walls.

Edit: Well, now I find myself in that awkward position where I have a question, but I'm the most recent one to have posted on this thread. Rather than double post, I have to edit my last post, but that means almost no one will likely see this. Oh well, I tried. I need a bulky toxic staller in UU that can also, in some means or another, reliably counter Ghost-types like Dusclops and Mismagius (yes, I know those two have almost no similarities beyond both being Ghost-types). The three that stand out to me who could do this are Whimsicott, Sableye and Spiritomb, but can anyone suggest any other prominent ones? I'm not super worried about it not having access to reliable recovery since I'll have a wish passer on the team, but a recovery move would always be nice.

amoonguss. case closed.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Snorlax could work too.

I want to download Pokemon Online, but the page isn't loading. Is it doing this for anyone else?

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Challenges:

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ricedonut View Post
    I want to download Pokemon Online, but the page isn't loading. Is it doing this for anyone else?
    i'm pretty sure it's down right now. though for reasons, i don't know. maybe site/forum downtime or a ddos.

Quote Originally Posted by locket View Post
    i'm pretty sure it's down right now. though for reasons, i don't know. maybe site/forum downtime or a ddos.
    Do you know when it will be back up?

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Challenges:

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Does King's Rock add flinch chance to air slash? If so, does it stack with serene grace?
    '...I'll take a potato chip... And EAT IT!"
    ~ Light Yagami

Pokemon White FC: 1249-0986-1972

Default King's Rock

Does King's Rock add more flinch chance to air slash? If so, does it stack with serene grace?
    '...I'll take a potato chip... And EAT IT!"
    ~ Light Yagami

Pokemon White FC: 1249-0986-1972

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos L View Post
    Does King's Rock add more flinch chance to air slash? If so, does it stack with serene grace?
    Air Slash has a 30% chance to flinch the foe under normal conditions.
    Serene Grace doubles that. (30% x 2 = 60%)
    Then, King's Rock adds 10% of the leftover part (100% - 60% = 40%; 40% x 0.1 = 4%; 60% + 4% = 64%)

So you'll have a 64% chance of flinching the foe with Air Slash on a SG Togekiss (not 70%, as King's Rock doesn't outright add 10%). (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

When running a dual screening Latias with a set of Light Screen, Reflect, Dragon Pulse and Recover, What are the best EVs? And what would the best item be? Light Clay, Leftovers or Focus Sash?

Quote Originally Posted by cooloolcool View Post
    When running a dual screening Latias with a set of Light Screen, Reflect, Dragon Pulse and Recover, What are the best EVs? And what would the best item be? Light Clay, Leftovers or Focus Sash?
    Latias has really good Sp.Def, but not so good Defense. If I was going to run this Latias, I personally would probably do 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe. The HP so that it can take a hit so it can set up both screens; the speed so that it will go first and not have to take two hits. When you use this Latias, always set up Reflect first so you protect Latias from physical attacks because it can't absorb those as well. Then do Light Screen. I would also give Latias the Light Clay because after it sets up its screens, you want them to last as long as possible if it dies. The only thing that could really OHKO Latias (so you'd need the Focus Sash) would be a speedy Dragon-type with a strong physical Dragon move....like Garchomp or Haxorus. Those are common in the competitive scene, but people rarely start with them. They're used more as sweepers.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Latias has really good Sp.Def, but not so good Defense. If I was going to run this Latias, I personally would probably do 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe. The HP so that it can take a hit so it can set up both screens; the speed so that it will go first and not have to take two hits. When you use this Latias, always set up Reflect first so you protect Latias from physical attacks because it can't absorb those as well. Then do Light Screen. I would also give Latias the Light Clay because after it sets up its screens, you want them to last as long as possible if it dies. The only thing that could really OHKO Latias (so you'd need the Focus Sash) would be a speedy Dragon-type with a strong physical Dragon move....like Garchomp or Haxorus. Those are common in the competitive scene, but people rarely start with them. They're used more as sweepers.
    Awesome. That's exactly what I would've done anyhow. Thanks!

Hey everone, I just got one question.

I'm beggining to EV train some of my Pokemons, so I search on the site about EV training and it was helpfull.

But one thing that got me stump is adding the EVs to get 252.

For example: my goal is to get 252 EVs on my attack stat. So I know I have to battle against a Patrat to get 1+
    so does that mean I just need 251 more points to go or do I need to beat 4 Patrat to get a 1+?

I hope this isn't confusing.

Not asking just hoping for this to be an avatar,

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Ragger View Post
    Hey everone, I just got one question.

I'm beggining to EV train some of my Pokemons, so I search on the site about EV training and it was helpfull.

But one thing that got me stump is adding the EVs to get 252.

For example: my goal is to get 252 EVs on my attack stat. So I know I have to battle against a Patrat to get 1+
    so does that mean I just need 251 more points to go or do I need to beat 4 Patrat to get a 1+?

I hope this isn't confusing.
    Each Patrat you battle gives you 1 Attack EV each. But you don't have to battle 252 Patrats to get all of the EVs - that would be a waste of time. Allow your Pokemon that you are training to hold the Power Bracer - this item gives you +4 Attack EVs for every battle that you fight. So now you will get 1 Attack EV from the Patrat and 4 from the Power Bracer, making each Patrat worth 5 EVs. THEN, you can give your Pokemon Pokerus, which doubles the number of EVs that you get per battle and stacks with the Power item. So if your Pokemon is holding the Power Bracer AND it has Pokerus, then you will get (1+4)*2, or 10 Attack EVs per Patrat. Now instead of fighting 252 Patrats, you only have to fight 26 to get 252 Attack EVs.

-------

Page 213 of 247 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast