Page 214 of 246 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Thanks buddy.

Not asking just hoping for this to be an avatar,

Which variety of Milotic is more common in UU right now, RestTalk or physically defensive with Recover? I know Smogon has a way to check something like that but I don't remember how to access that data.

Hi, I want to know how effective as a double team cofigarus and slaking would work? I see the mummy ability taking away slaking's ability so it can hit every turn and with it being stupidly high in attack and a good speed I would assume it would work rather well? Any advice before I go ahead breeding for the right natures?
    I also though about cofigarus and archeops aswel eliminating the defeatist ability?
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    Hi, I want to know how effective as a double team cofigarus and slaking would work? I see the mummy ability taking away slaking's ability so it can hit every turn and with it being stupidly high in attack and a good speed I would assume it would work rather well? Any advice before I go ahead breeding for the right natures?
    I also though about cofigarus and archeops aswel eliminating the defeatist ability?
    Well, I think the only way you're going to find out if this works or not is to try it. If you want to experiment, Regigigas would be another good Pokemon to use with Mummy.

As for this potential team, Slaking and Archeops are both going to have to potentially take two hits - one from the opponent and one from Cofagrigus. With Cofagrigus, of course, you could give it some sort of really weak move. Slaking will have no problem absorbing a hit unless it is a super-effective Fighting move. Archeops will not. Archeops can be OHKO'd pretty easily, which is why I think Regigigas is a better choice than Archeops. If you do use Slaking, I recommend that you teach it Rest and give it a Chesto Berry so that after it has absorbed two hits, you can bring it back to its full potential. Archeops cannot heal itself, which is another problem.

If you have more than one Pokemon whose ability you want to change, you need to put all of Cofagrigus's EVs in Special Defense and HP, because you don't want to have a Slaking or Regigigas in your team and then be unable to use them, so you're a sitting duck for your opponent to just slaughter you. You'll have to have Cofagrigus change your teammate's ability and then immediately switch it out to something whose ability you can use.

I'm assuming you'll be doing this in a double-battle. This is a very gimmicky and "dangerous" team to use, because if someone OHKO's your Cofagrigus, you're dead. You will have Cofagrigus, two Pokemon who need their ability changed or they're pretty useless, and one other useful Pokemon. But I think it sounds like a fun experiment and you should definitely try it out and see how it works for you. I'm not sure how you're going to do type coverage with this - Slaking and Regigigas are both Normal. If you choose to use Archeops instead, that's fine. You also have Cofagrigus, who won't be doing much fighting, and one other Pokemon. So choose your attacking moves wisely.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Well, I think the only way you're going to find out if this works or not is to try it. If you want to experiment, Regigigas would be another good Pokemon to use with Mummy.

As for this potential team, Slaking and Archeops are both going to have to potentially take two hits - one from the opponent and one from Cofagrigus. With Cofagrigus, of course, you could give it some sort of really weak move. Slaking will have no problem absorbing a hit unless it is a super-effective Fighting move. Archeops will not. Archeops can be OHKO'd pretty easily, which is why I think Regigigas is a better choice than Archeops. If you do use Slaking, I recommend that you teach it Rest and give it a Chesto Berry so that after it has absorbed two hits, you can bring it back to its full potential. Archeops cannot heal itself, which is another problem.

If you have more than one Pokemon whose ability you want to change, you need to put all of Cofagrigus's EVs in Special Defense and HP, because you don't want to have a Slaking or Regigigas in your team and then be unable to use them, so you're a sitting duck for your opponent to just slaughter you. You'll have to have Cofagrigus change your teammate's ability and then immediately switch it out to something whose ability you can use.

I'm assuming you'll be doing this in a double-battle. This is a very gimmicky and "dangerous" team to use, because if someone OHKO's your Cofagrigus, you're dead. You will have Cofagrigus, two Pokemon who need their ability changed or they're pretty useless, and one other useful Pokemon. But I think it sounds like a fun experiment and you should definitely try it out and see how it works for you. I'm not sure how you're going to do type coverage with this - Slaking and Regigigas are both Normal. If you choose to use Archeops instead, that's fine. You also have Cofagrigus, who won't be doing much fighting, and one other Pokemon. So choose your attacking moves wisely.
    I didn't realise regigas could be used as certain legendaries are banned from being used in the battle subwat etc. I would make sure the cofigarus didn't get ohko'd anyway,I would also give it a focus band to hold, I would also do like you said and ev train its spdef and hp, I would also breed one that has the nature for spdef and a hp characteristic
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

I didn't realise regigas could be used as certain legendaries are banned from being used in the battle subwat etc. I would make sure the cofigarus didn't get ohko'd anyway,I would also give it a focus band to hold, I would also do like you said and ev train its spdef and hp, I would also breed one that has the nature for spdef and a hp characteristic
    I don't know about the Battle Subway, but all of the Regis, Lati@s, the legendary dogs, the legendary birds, Azelf/Mespirit/Uxie, and Cresselia are all allowed in the Random Wifi Battles.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Just use terrakion + whimsicott that's so much better.. you are wasting 2 slots for 1 powerful pokemon wouldn't it be better if you had 2 less powerful pokemon than 1 really powerful and one bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I don't know about the Battle Subway, but all of the Regis, Lati@s, the legendary dogs, the legendary birds, Azelf/Mespirit/Uxie, and Cresselia are all allowed in the Random Wifi Battles.
    The BS has the same banlist as Wifi battling, so you know =)
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

what's a cool nickname for mamoswine?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Mammuthus?

-------

First of all, good for you running Mamoswine. That thing is extremely good and the best hard counter to Dragonite out there. Second, I've run one for a long time named War Pig, after the Black Sabbath song and the level from CoD4.

Since no one answered before, "Which variety of Milotic is more common in UU right now, RestTalk or physically defensive with Recover? I know Smogon has a way to check something like that but I don't remember how to access that data."

Bacon? And if there's room, Old Bacon.

You could name it Manfred. The name is derived from the Ice Age movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat ChaosBlizzard View Post
    First of all, good for you running Mamoswine. That thing is extremely good and the best hard counter to Dragonite out there. Second, I've run one for a long time named War Pig, after the Black Sabbath song and the level from CoD4.

Since no one answered before, "Which variety of Milotic is more common in UU right now, RestTalk or physically defensive with Recover? I know Smogon has a way to check something like that but I don't remember how to access that data."
    ^_^ i love that song.

i find the recover set more useful, as you dont need to rely on rest, plus, marvel scale activates with status. unless toxic, it can wall very well in uu. but thats my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Which variety of Milotic is more common in UU right now, RestTalk or physically defensive with Recover? I know Smogon has a way to check something like that but I don't remember how to access that data.
    RestTalk is a little more common, but Physical Wall+Recover is right behind it. As a lead Physical Wall+Recover is more common though, but honestly not many people lead off with it. In fact the percentage of people that use Milotic as a lead in UU based on PO statistics is less that .50%
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I would be really grateful if someone could answer this. If I where to enter an official pokemon tournament or whatever, and had a team full of shiny flawless pokemon I got here on serebii. Would that be allowed? It would look really suspicious... Should I start collecting non-shiny flawless?

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang97 View Post
    I would be really grateful if someone could answer this. If I where to enter an official pokemon tournament or whatever, and had a team full of shiny flawless pokemon I got here on serebii. Would that be allowed? It would look really suspicious... Should I start collecting non-shiny flawless?
    Some people will call you a hacker, but the tests will prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Some people will call you a hacker, but the tests will prove them wrong.
    Yeah, but what if some people here on Serebii lied, and I get... arrested xD No, but disqualified

Trainer's Card ||

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Smogon's data for that has been deleted a month ago and they don't have the data for July move stats and crap. Well, based on what I observe and stuff, Physically Defensive set is always better and more prominent, simply because:
    1) ResTalk sucks, generally is unreliable as a strategy and definitely won't work well in an offensive metagame.
    2) The increased presence of Physical Offense makes a fully defensive set work better than split defenses.

But to tell you the truth, considering using Milotic is going to be more of a hindrance.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Yeah, but what if some people here on Serebii lied, and I get... arrested xD No, but disqualified
    If there is no way of proving your team is hacked, you are allowed. But lots of people will eye you suspiciously.

Hey, ^-^

You could Pokecheck them to make sure they aren't hacks, before you enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert is my homeboy View Post
    Hey, ^-^

You could Pokecheck them to make sure they aren't hacks, before you enter.
    Hi :P

I could Pokecheck them, but I'm just guessing it could be really simple to create a pokemon looking legit and pass all the tests.
    Turn on shiny code, run into the grass and hey, you have one. Does Pokecheck only count stats and places of origin?

Trainer's Card ||

Hi :P

I could Pokecheck them, but I'm just guessing it could be really simple to create a pokemon looking legit and pass all the tests.
    Turn on shiny code, run into the grass and hey, you have one. Does Pokecheck only count stats and places of origin?
    No, it looks into PID, it see's if moves are hacks or not, it checks into pretty much everything. Here I'll send you a link of a hacked pokemon that was pokechecked:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1858711

Just click on Legality analysis on the bottom of the page.
    There are some hacks that get through, but it stops most of them.

Hey everyone. I don't really do competitive much but I have in the past and I have plenty of experience (including 5th gen).

Lately I have been thinking a lot about how I can use my favorite Pokemon in OU. Yes, I know that is always a mistake in competitive battling, but I want to anyway. However, my favorite pokemon is.. Castform. Yes, Castform. No competitive use at all.

I have been trying to think of some strategies. Now I know that Castform is not the ideal pokemon to use, and it might lose many matches, but I don't care. I am just looking for an interesting strategy.

I have been thinking of using a team of auto-weather paired with Castform and two others.

1) Castform
    -Energy Ball / Toxic / Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball / Protect
    -Weather Ball
    -Hidden Power [Fighting]

The moves for Castform can be switched and changed around, these are just a few I came up with.

2) Ninetales - Drought
    3) Abomasnow - Snow Warning
    4) Politoed - Drizzle

The other two could include a wall/supporter/baton passer/etc.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. I understand that this whole team is a crazy idea, but I just wanted to throw it out there

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

How do you determine which tier a Pokemon goes into?
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Page 214 of 246 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast