Page 217 of 246 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

i may be wrong about this, but i do not believe the power items have any effect in 5th gen breeding. i thought that was only in hgss(possibly in dppt as well).

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    i may be wrong about this, but i do not believe the power items have any effect in 5th gen breeding. i thought that was only in hgss(possibly in dppt as well).
    Power items guarantee an IV being passed down in eggs in Black, White, Heartgold, and SoulSilver, they just shouldn't be used in 5th gen RNGing (I'm not going to elaborate on this since it's considered a form of "soft-hacking" by the Mods, Supermods, Admins, etc) and power items did nothing for breeding in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

@Koos, you also need to factor in patience. Your welcome though

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    If I like to have a wonderful Milotic, should I EV train a Feebas first, or I should evolve a Feebas into Milotic, then EV train it? Are the Uber pokemon are the good things in the Wi-Fi battles,Pokemon World Tournament, Battle Subway,and Video Game Championships? If not, then I understand. Do the OU pokemon will have the best chance of winning the the competitive battles?
    About training; It won't make a difference stat wise to train it in either form as long as you EV train it. I feel as though training it as a milotic will be significantly easier though

As long as the rules permit them and your team is balanced in someway, having uber Pokemon should be fine. However it should be noted that competitive movesets don't always work as well in game (such as users of SR and rapid spin)

Ou pokemon are considered Ou because of usage statistics. So they are deemed the best (besides uber) by the people who play competitively. Having something not Ou may throw someone off guard and they may not know how to react appropriately

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post

Ou pokemon are considered Ou because of usage statistics. So they are deemed the best (besides uber) by the people who play competitively. Having something not Ou may throw someone off guard and they may not know how to react appropriately
    no. they are the best. it is the highest tier present. generally, its unwise to use something solely for surprise factor. if it has a specific niche, by all means use it. for example, intimidate arbok is a fairly good counter to band/scarf terrakion. toxicroak generally outclasses it though. so you would use toxicroak.

I am reading about trick room in double battles. To reverse trick room effects, you would use trick room yourself?
    Fc: 5300-9702-8663 (in game name mike)
    Ice: spheal, Beartic and cloyster.

MM success so far,

no. they are the best. it is the highest tier present. generally, its unwise to use something solely for surprise factor. if it has a specific niche, by all means use it. for example, intimidate arbok is a fairly good counter to band/scarf terrakion. toxicroak generally outclasses it though. so you would use toxicroak.
    I believe the term "competitively viable" should be used. Intimidate Arbok, while having its uses to check a Choiced Terrakion, does have its other uses, and should not be considered "worse" than a Toxicroak that can check that same Terrakion just because Toxicroak [has more bulk/has more coverage/has more access to priority/is more offensive/is better-typed/what have you] for that specific role.

Quote Originally Posted by koosbane View Post
    I am reading about trick room in double battles. To reverse trick room effects, you would use trick room yourself?
    You could either use Trick Room yourself to cancel out the effect, or just wait until it wears off.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

What is the most powerful Extreme Speed user in UU?

They are generally outclassed, but Ou is not a ban list. All the Pokemon in Ou are determined by usage (I am obviously excluding bl2 pokes). So in theory, yes, they are the best according to the players. But think about the Pokemon that jump from nu to Ou in a month without any change to them (I'm looking at you dugtrio). Does this mean that although nothing changed to dugtrio that it was magically worse beforehand? No, it's just that players didn't see the niche for it before. If a Pokemon has worse stats but the same exact movepool as another Pokemon, you obviously won't use it, but I feel as though a lot of Pokemon are underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    I believe it is Arcanine

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Arcanine. Unless Hustle Togekiss' STAB Extremespeed is more powerful somehow. Those are the only to Extremespeed users in UU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Arcanine. Unless Hustle Togekiss' STAB Extremespeed is more powerful somehow. Those are the only to Extremespeed users in UU.
    If we really want to be correct about the UU tier, Belly Drum Linoone has the strongest ESpeed, but you should never, ever use it.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

@Koos, you also need to factor in patience. Your welcome though

About training; It won't make a difference stat wise to train it in either form as long as you EV train it. I feel as though training it as a milotic will be significantly easier though

As long as the rules permit them and your team is balanced in someway, having uber Pokemon should be fine. However it should be noted that competitive movesets don't always work as well in game (such as users of SR and rapid spin)

Ok. So EV train as a Milotic will be easier. I understand. Ok, as long as my team are balance then having the Uber pokemon should be fine. But what is the "SR"? So the OU pokemon works well for those who plays competitively. Ok then, thank you.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

They are generally outclassed, but Ou is not a ban list. All the Pokemon in Ou are determined by usage (I am obviously excluding bl2 pokes). So in theory, yes, they are the best according to the players. But think about the Pokemon that jump from nu to Ou in a month without any change to them (I'm looking at you dugtrio). Does this mean that although nothing changed to dugtrio that it was magically worse beforehand? No, it's just that players didn't see the niche for it before. If a Pokemon has worse stats but the same exact movepool as another Pokemon, you obviously won't use it, but I feel as though a lot of Pokemon are underrated.
    but rarely, if ever, is a pokemon ou because its usage is there. ut generally has to be good to get high usage, bar the rare troll(looking at you Molk).

agreed. a lot of pokemon are way underrated. this is generally due to how it handles though. for example, virizion. now new pokemon are on the rise, it hasn't done well and dropped. does this mean it isn't a threat? no.

i believe staraptor is a fairly good threat, as a banded set really has no counters outside skarmory or donphan.

I want a good set for 2 pokemon

Sun Team Cressalia
    Good Sun sweeper thats not in OU

Quote Originally Posted by UgoPop View Post

Sun Team Cressalia
    Are we talking movesets?

My Sun Team Cresselia has Psychic, Ice Beam, Moonlight, and Toxic.

Psychic for STAB, Ice Beam for coverage, Moonlight for 75% recovery in sun, and Toxic because my Cresselia has EVs for a wall, and it can take a lot of hits, so it's good at poisoning a lot of the opposition.

As for a Sun sweeper not in OU...do you want NU, BL, UU, or Uber? Speed Boost Blaziken is in Uber and it's a good non-legendary sun sweeper.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    As for a Sun sweeper not in OU...do you want NU, BL, UU, or Uber? Speed Boost Blaziken is in Uber and it's a good non-legendary sun sweeper.
    I would also add for the tiers lower than OU to consider Arcanine and Sawsbuck. Both of them are significantly benefited by sun more so than many others. Arcanine loses a lot of its frailty (weakness to SR and recoil damage from Flare Blitz) with sun-boosted Morning Sun at its disposal, and Sawsbuck gains some much needed speed to match its good movepool and power through Chlorophyll.

Quote Originally Posted by UgoPop View Post

Sun Team Cressalia
    I've never tried Cresselia but I think it depends on the rest of your team and what you need Cresselia to do. Moonlight is a must obviously.

As for sun sweepers not in OU, as said before, both Arcanine and Sawsbuck are good choices. Sawsbuck has Swords Dance and paired with Chlorophyll it can be something to take into account. Arcanine gets a boosted Morning Sun but if I'm not mistaken you can't run Morning Sun and Close Combat which hinders the dog a little. For a more bulky sweeper, Arcanine may do the trick. Flare Blitz under the sun is as powerful as a super effective Close Combat but it has the recoil. You can drop it for Morning Sun and still be in good hands.

I'd also say to take a look at Typhlosion and at those sun-boosted STAB Eruptions...

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

I'm going to use a substitute + 3 attacks Jolteon holding a life orb as a sweeper. Should his HP be a number that's divisible by 16 and then just add one to that?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTroopa View Post
    I'm going to use a substitute + 3 attacks Jolteon holding a life orb as a sweeper. Should his HP be a number that's divisible by 16 and then just add one to that?
    Actually if you can divide iy by 4 and add 1 is easier, but yeah doing so you can ensure 4 as long as you don't take any dame, also Life orb + Substitue can be risky if not behind the substitue otherwise I have no complains about your moveset
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by RedTroopa View Post
    No. Just max Speed and Special Attack. Life Orb numbers are completely useless especially on something as frail as Jolteon.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Shadow19 View Post
    I've never tried Cresselia but I think it depends on the rest of your team and what you need Cresselia to do. Moonlight is a must obviously.

As for sun sweepers not in OU, as said before, both Arcanine and Sawsbuck are good choices. Sawsbuck has Swords Dance and paired with Chlorophyll it can be something to take into account. Arcanine gets a boosted Morning Sun but if I'm not mistaken you can't run Morning Sun and Close Combat which hinders the dog a little. For a more bulky sweeper, Arcanine may do the trick. Flare Blitz under the sun is as powerful as a super effective Close Combat but it has the recoil. You can drop it for Morning Sun and still be in good hands.

I'd also say to take a look at Typhlosion and at those sun-boosted STAB Eruptions...
    Just saying, Sawsbuck is quite a bit less effective then Venusaur. I only suggest using that one as a back up sweeper for Venu.

...Unless you're doing a UU battle, or course.

And if you want a really risky option, there is always Solar Powered Choice Scarf Charizard, which one shots just about everything with Fire Blast, but really needs team support to handle anything that can outrun it or resist it's Fire Blast.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Just saying, Sawsbuck is quite a bit less effective then Venusaur. I only suggest using that one as a back up sweeper for Venu.

...Unless you're doing a UU battle, or course.
    The original question specifically asked for non-OU Pokemon. Venusaur is obviously a superior sun sweeper to Sawsbuck but if we're ignoring tiers, so is Ho-oh.

I'm trying to make my first competitive team, and so far so good. But, I have a question about ev training. I'm trying to make an Excadrill with the ev spread of 64 HP / 252 A / and 192 Spe. Which stat should i train for first? My drilbur is level 1 and whatever i train for first is going to make it level up with that stat in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto4Life View Post
    I'm trying to make my first competitive team, and so far so good. But, I have a question about ev training. I'm trying to make an Excadrill with the ev spread of 64 HP / 252 A / and 192 Spe. Which stat should i train for first? My drilbur is level 1 and whatever i train for first is going to make it level up with that stat in particular.
    Excadrill is banned... it doesn't matter which stat you train first..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I haven't found that....it's just considered uber. http://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms...nt_formats.pdf

I could be wrong though. Even so, how would i go about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto4Life View Post
    I haven't found that....it's just considered uber. http://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms...nt_formats.pdf

I could be wrong though. Even so, how would i go about it?
    It's Uber.

On topic of Serebii's Pokemon of the Week (Ditto), do you think it would work well if I used a teammate with Tailwind and U-turn or Volt Switch? If so, who should I use (preferably someone who's slow so they still move second even after Tailwind is put up)? What item should I give Ditto?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 217 of 246 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast