Page 221 of 247 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    is there any reason the suggested ev spread for wobbuffet is 28 hp/ 252 def/ 228 SpD bold, and not 252 hp/ 252 def/SpD bold/ Calm?
    It has so much HP that it would be wiser to partition your EVs into Defense and Special Defense.

It's kind of like how some people use 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpDef Chansey.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

which is stupid. chansey can run the same ev's as blissey. 252hp 252def 4sp.def calm.

as for my earlier question, i meant for a timid tornadus-t.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

oh right sorry guise

T-tar (Sand streamer)
    Hippo (bulky sweeper)
    Ferro (Physical Wall / sometimes special)
    Rotom-W (special sweeper)
    Tentacruel (Special Wall ?)
    Mamoswine (Physical Sweeper/Dragon Killer/Revenge Killer)

I wanna replace Tentacruel for some other special wall that walls better... I'm thinking of Chansey but that means I have too many fighting weaknesses...

Open to criticisms

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

tenta should be a spinner. not a wall.

EDIT: no i mean he should be both.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

oh yeah... XD I forgot to put spinner in there

But is there any suitable replacement? Tenta is sorta disappointing for me...

ASB Squad

i'll give it to you straight. replace hippo with your special wall. he is unnessacary.

Where can I find a BW2 Competitive Battling guide?
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Where can I find a BW2 Competitive Battling guide?
    Hmm...I'm not sure where one specific to BW2 might be, but I know smogon has some general battling guides that can be helpful. If you want to learn even more, I reccomend watching youtube battlers like Shofu or PikaWu

Thanks man. Will do!
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by camerupt fiasco View Post
    Hmm...I'm not sure where one specific to BW2 might be, but I know smogon has some general battling guides that can be helpful. If you want to learn even more, I reccomend watching youtube battlers like Shofu or PikaWu
    Actually, I'd suggest finding a tutor instead of trying to learn from videos.

I hear Smogon has a pretty good tutoring system, though I never tried it out for myself. I'm sure you could find someone here on Serebii to help you as well, especially if you visit a clan. I don't every really look at clans besides my own, so I don't know if my clans the only one, but some clans may even have a tutoring system.

Does your clan have one?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Hey I have a question:
    Can you have UUs in an OU team? And how many OU pokemon are needed to be considered as an OU team?
    Wanna battle? PM me.
    White 2: 0261-8095-6956
    For Friend Safari Generation VI
    Type:Fairy, Dedenne, Jigglypuff and Clefairy
    Need: Togepi

FC:0516-7384-3172

PM with type, poke and FC. Semi-selective

DWF List:
    ;

Project: IV Breeding for MM ;Togekiss, Espeon.
    Let the (Hunger) Games begin! Got a perfect Shiny Salamence. Jelly?

Quote Originally Posted by kenluv View Post
    Hey I have a question:
    Can you have UUs in an OU team? And how many OU pokemon are needed to be considered as an OU team?
    Yes, and one. A team of 5 Caterpie and a Mewtwo is a legal (albeit stupid) ubers team.

A follow up question:
    So you can have many UUs in an OU team?
    Wanna battle? PM me.
    White 2: 0261-8095-6956
    For Friend Safari Generation VI
    Type:Fairy, Dedenne, Jigglypuff and Clefairy
    Need: Togepi

FC:0516-7384-3172

PM with type, poke and FC. Semi-selective

DWF List:
    ;

Project: IV Breeding for MM ;Togekiss, Espeon.
    Let the (Hunger) Games begin! Got a perfect Shiny Salamence. Jelly?

A follow up question:
    Yes, but usually they're in UU due to being outclasses in OU.

But it doesn't work the other way. No OU in UU

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Yes, and one. A team of 5 Caterpie and a Mewtwo is a legal (albeit stupid) ubers team.
    Nope, it isn't because of Species Clause.

A follow up question:
    Yes, but it tends to not really work out like you'd hope it does if you're serious about winning. As much as people like to complain at Smogon, their tiering scheme really does work well in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Nope, it isn't because of Species Clause.
    Is the Species Clause actually part of Smogon's standard rules? I've battled teams on PO on at least a couple of occasions that violated it, but not on Smogon's server to be fair.

I said 5 Caterpie because I was on my phone at the time and didn't want to type out a long thing. The point I was making is that you can have a team of 5 NU Pokemon and a single uber and the entire team becomes uber. The tier of your team is equal to the tier of the highest tiered Pokemon on the team.

My Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector isn't connecting properly. I want to know

a) What may I do to fix this and why it isn't working
    b) Does my DS Lite White 2 game have other options when it comes to accessing Mystery Gifts?
    c) Where else can I get the Genesect event
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Can someone please suggest a nice pokemon to start a team around? I am a pokemon vet but have never gotten into the competetive side before. I havee been reading up on how it all works and would love to have people suggest a good starting point.

thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by sugbukz View Post
    Can someone please suggest a nice pokemon to start a team around? I am a pokemon vet but have never gotten into the competetive side before. I havee been reading up on how it all works and would love to have people suggest a good starting point.

thank you all
    I'm assuming OU for this. A couple of good Pokemon to build a team around right now might be Politoed, Tyranitar, Scizor, Ferrothorn, or Dragonite. These are all excellent (and annoying) Pokemon that are even better with proper team support. If you want more of a challenge however, you might take a lower tier Pokemon like Rhyperior, Gardevoir or Swellow that can be kickass if used right, but require team support to be viable. This might not be your best bet if you're new to competitive however.

Hi , just a quick question for a competitive team . Should I make one that consists of 1 lead , 1 special wall , 1 physi wall , 1 special sweeper , and 1 glue , or another team that consists of 2 leads , 3 different sweepers as a core and 1 glue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prejudice View Post
    Hi , just a quick question for a competitive team . Should I make one that consists of 1 lead , 1 special wall , 1 physi wall , 1 special sweeper , and 1 glue , or another team that consists of 2 leads , 3 different sweepers as a core and 1 glue ?
    lol what is a "glue" supposed to be?

Make your team able to cover each others weaknesses and in some way be able to check most or all OU Pokemon. Limiting your team to "1 wall, 1 special wall etc" is terrible, and will probably just end up with a terrible team.

Quote Originally Posted by Prejudice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    lol what is a "glue" supposed to be?

Make your team able to cover each others weaknesses and in some way be able to check most or all OU Pokemon. Limiting your team to "1 wall, 1 special wall etc" is terrible, and will probably just end up with a terrible team.
    Instead of doing a cookie cutter like what you are trying to use (which Blue Harvest pointed out as a bad cookie cutter), you should try and base your team off an idea or a pokemon. For example, if you wanted a sand team, you would start off by choosing which style you want to use. You then chose your main pokemon/core. Based of this, you look at what weaknesses you have. Then put in some counters to those pokemon - but make sure they work in synergy with the rest of the team. Finally, you would decide whether you want Hippowdon or Tyranitar for your sand set-up, you would make this decision based off the rest of the team.

Once you have created the team, look over the OU metagame to see if there are any common combinations/pokemon that you are weak to, and adjust your team accordingly, to make sure that you are no longer so hurt by them.

I want someones opinion
    which do you think would work best
    a nidoqueen with sheer force with fire ice and thunderpunch
    or a conkeldurr with sheer force and all the elemental punches
    i also cant give either a life orb because my special nidoking is holding it
    i was thinking of giving them the expert band
    PoryWaveZ and TriMagnemite We Are Here

Quote Originally Posted by PoryWaveZ View Post
    I want someones opinion
    which do you think would work best
    a nidoqueen with sheer force with fire ice and thunderpunch
    or a conkeldurr with sheer force and all the elemental punches
    i also cant give either a life orb because my special nidoking is holding it
    i was thinking of giving them the expert band
    Definitely the Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr has MASSIVE Attack (and the punches are physical moves) and decent stats all around except for Speed. Nidoqueen is just mediocre in every respect, and her Attack is only a fraction of Conkeldurr's.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Page 221 of 247 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast