Page 225 of 246 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower22 View Post
    Thanks guys! Looks like I'm going to try to find another Terrakion. But I may try one of the above sets anyway.
    Thanks again!
    EDIT: Does anyone have an idea for a replacement for my Terrakion? And no I do not mean another Terrakion.
    Breloom is another fighting type you can use as it can help counter rain teams with its grass stab and as it can use poison heal and a toxic orb it can run a substitute and leach seed set with focus punch and spore, a substitute focus punch set with spore and seed bomb, or it can use technician to have stab tech boosted mach punch(90 power counting stab), spore, stab tech boosted bullet seed(75 power with 2 hits 150 with 5 hits not counting stab) to destroy substitutes along with drain punch and a coverage move.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

In the VGC rules it says "If both players’ final Pokémon faint due to damage from a weather condition, such as Hail or Sandstorm, the player whose
    Pokémon faints last wins the game", so I was wondering what determines what order the in which Pokémon are damaged from weather?
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Thank you both for the help, Zach an redcharizard. The rest of the team is tyranitar, stoutland, rotom-w, dragonite, and cottonee
    I was loking for an offensive tank, so that conkeldurr looks cool. I was thinking about trying a bulk up sheer force set with life orb for huge power and durability:
    Conkeldurr @ life orb
    Bulk up
    Drain punch
    Payback
    Stone edge

The point is to set up on a switch, since conkeldurr is so scary, and sweep using the extra boost from life orb. Do you guys think this would work? Feel free to give constuctive criticism on any part of my post. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower22 View Post
    Thank you both for the help, Zach an redcharizard. The rest of the team is tyranitar, stoutland, rotom-w, dragonite, and cottonee
    I was loking for an offensive tank, so that conkeldurr looks cool. I was thinking about trying a bulk up sheer force set with life orb for huge power and durability:
    Conkeldurr @ life orb
    Bulk up
    Drain punch
    Payback
    Stone edge

The point is to set up on a switch, since conkeldurr is so scary, and sweep using the extra boost from life orb. Do you guys think this would work? Feel free to give constuctive criticism on any part of my post. Thanks!
    without mach punch conkeldurr is less threatening mach punch>stone edge.

life orb isn't a good option since he have guts so he can afford to use flame orb.. or just use leftovers also without EVs he is way weaker..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Is RNG the staple requirement for competitive battle? I see so many people with flawless pokemon, and with the vgc winter coming up, I fear I may be at a disadvantage pitting my pokemon (most of which have appalling IVs - the nimbasa guy rates them all average) against RNG'd flawless pokemon...
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    In the VGC rules it says "If both players’ final Pokémon faint due to damage from a weather condition, such as Hail or Sandstorm, the player whose
    Pokémon faints last wins the game", so I was wondering what determines what order the in which Pokémon are damaged from weather?
    The Pokemon who is slower will take the damage second, so they will be the last to faint

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Is RNG the staple requirement for competitive battle? I see so many people with flawless pokemon, and with the vgc winter coming up, I fear I may be at a disadvantage pitting my pokemon (most of which have appalling IVs - the nimbasa guy rates them all average) against RNG'd flawless pokemon...
    Damage output wise I think (according to Notelobo) it's only a 2% difference, however if you plan on relyin on speed it will put you at a huge disadvantage when your terrakion or whatever can't outspeed a Mienshao because of iv's

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Thank you, Ilan, I will try that for sure. The reason for the set I posted was to use an unconventional set. They think I run guts, so they don't status me. Plus, I do like the guaranteed power boost that life orb+sheer force gives me, without the burn/poison damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Damage output wise I think (according to Notelobo) it's only a 2% difference, however if you plan on relyin on speed it will put you at a huge disadvantage when your terrakion or whatever can't outspeed a Mienshao because of iv's
    But, of course, not RNGing doesn't mean you won't have perfect speed. You can still breed pokemon or soft reset fro them to have good speed.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    But, of course, not RNGing doesn't mean you won't have perfect speed. You can still breed pokemon or soft reset fro them to have good speed.
    Yeah, except from the looks of VGC last year just about everyone used legendaries...and all my legendaries where caught without any soft resets because at the time I started the game I didn't know anything about EVs, nature or IVs. None of them are actually useable in competitive battle. My terrakion, for instance, has relaxed nature and apparently his best stat is hp which the nimbasa guy says is 'rather decent in that regard'...yeah, that thing definitely won't get me anywhere in the upcoming vgc...

Guess I'd better grind PWT for one of those power speed things and start breeding my pokes.
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, I was just trying to say he didn't need to have mons with absolutely perfect stats to have a chance or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Yeah, except from the looks of VGC last year just about everyone used legendaries...and all my legendaries where caught without any soft resets because at the time I started the game I didn't know anything about EVs, nature or IVs. None of them are actually useable in competitive battle. My terrakion, for instance, has relaxed nature and apparently his best stat is hp which the nimbasa guy says is 'rather decent in that regard'...yeah, that thing definitely won't get me anywhere in the upcoming vgc...

Guess I'd better grind PWT for one of those power speed things and start breeding my pokes.
    I would just like to say that having legendaries =/= having a better chance at winning. If they fit your team well then go ahead an use them but don't just assume that because it's a legendary it's going to be great or anything. If you really need the power items just vim me for them and I can give some to you though. I have plenty

How effective is this Breloom set?
    Breloom @Toxic Orb
    Adamant
    Poison Heal
    EVs 180 Def / 240 HP / 84 Atk / 4 Spe
    -Seed Bomb -Bulk Up
    -Spore -Mach Punch
    This is a set I tried to mash together. I was aiming for good bulk, and ability to set-up. After a Bulk-Up or two, Breloom gets threatening Attack and a nifty Defense boost. 240 HP, divisible by 8, for maximum Poison Heal Recovery.

On the other hand, how effective is the standard SubPunch and Subseed set? I'm considering using either of them is the above set does not work out. But I'm nervous about SubPunch because with no investment in bulk, and with Breloom's low speed, I imagine it can get outsped easily and KOed by any super-effective or strong special attack. As for the Subseed set, I really like it. It wasn't what I was looking for in a Breloom, but according to people, it works really well. And for the Subseed set, do you think switching Focus Punch for Mach Punch would work? I think having that priority in case of dire moments is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Summonight View Post
    How effective is this Breloom set?
    Breloom @Toxic Orb
    Adamant
    Poison Heal
    EVs 180 Def / 240 HP / 84 Atk / 4 Spe why not spdef?
    -Seed Bomb -Bulk Up
    -Spore -Mach Punch
    This is a set I tried to mash together. I was aiming for good bulk, and ability to set-up. After a Bulk-Up or two, Breloom gets threatening Attack and a nifty Defense boost. 240 HP, divisible by 8, for maximum Poison Heal Recovery.
    moves and everything should be fine
    On the other hand, how effective is the standard SubPunch and Subseed set? I'm considering using either of them is the above set does not work out. But I'm nervous about SubPunch because with no investment in bulk, and with Breloom's low speed, I imagine it can get outsped easily and KOed by any super-effective or strong special attack. As for the Subseed set, I really like it. It wasn't what I was looking for in a Breloom, but according to people, it works really well. And for the Subseed set, do you think switching Focus Punch for Mach Punch would work? I think having that priority in case of dire moments is nice.
    Comments in bold the point of sub punch/ seed is to switch into something your faster than, get a sub/spore on and go from there. If your sub is broken and you don't threaten them switch out. It's fairly simple and effective

(Sorry for all these questions I've been posting lately)
    How many EVs would I need to give a Breloom so that it has 313 HP?

208, assuming 31 in the HP IV.

Okay, next mono-type tournament I got Electric. Anyone got a good basic team or some good nominees?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

For future reference if you are using/can use a simulator you can put in ev's until you hit the desired stat.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Okay, next mono-type tournament I got Electric. Anyone got a good basic team or some good nominees?
    Nominations;

Jolteon, Zapdos, various Rotom forms, um.. thundurus for a better sweeper than zapdos but worse tank, magnezone, lanturn is kinda bulky but its kinda weak for ou level play. Eelektross is another one I guess

Jolteon, Zapdos, Raikou, Luxray, Magnezone, Electivire, Rotom, Galvantula, Thundurus.

Rotom wash/mow will help you get an advantage against ground types, and Zapdos can help you handle those pesky grass monos that may prove to be a problem to you. It doesn't even have to use the inaccurate Hurricane; heat wave should be more then enough, thanks to it's grass resist.

But I'm not good at mono types, so I can't really be certain.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Rotom-mow: Grass stab Ko ground types.

Eelektoss: no weaknesses coil set with drain punch, coil, wild charge, and a filler works well for physical tank.

Zapdos: Fire attacks great s.atk roost+substitute+ pressure stall=great pokemon.

Galvantula: good coverage can abuse thunder outside of rain bug stab hit grass for 2x damage.

Pikachu: gimmicky glass cannon when equiped with life orb can boost s.atk with nasty plot or go physical with volt tackle.

Laturn: weaker Rotom-w but good typing still and immune to electric type move when using volt absorb.

Electrver: strong physical attacker great super effective coverage.

Tornadus-T: Strongest nasty plot user in the game(Black 2/White 2 only.)
    Tornadus-I: fastest electric supporter in the game due to prankster can also use substitute nasty plot sets.

Jolteon highest base speed of all electric types in game can use wish to heal, baton pass to pass agility, thunder wave is 2nd most reliable in the game(beaten only by Thundurus-I due to prankster.), has good s.atk for strong thunderbolt/thunder.

Magnazone: traps steels great s.atk good typing.

That's the best I have for you.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Would you guys recommend Jolteon with Hidden power Ice or grass? Im not sure which one to use.

Quote Originally Posted by zpittman999 View Post
    Would you guys recommend Jolteon with Hidden power Ice or grass? Im not sure which one to use.
    Hmm... excellent question...

I would recommend HP Ice due the high amount of powerful Dragon-Type Pokemon that have a 4x weakness to Ice and it will definitely be useful on those Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Gliscor, etc. And Ice is also one of the 4 types that are mostly used offensively/super effectively. So to answer your question: I would recommend Hidden Power Ice for Jolteon.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by zpittman999 View Post
    Hidden power Ice is generally more effective then grass...*escpially when paired with electric.)

However, it can depend upon you team. Is the switch in to something like gastrodon REALLY that annoying? if it is, then use HP grass for the surprise kill. Just make sure to cover Ice withsomething else :P
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

So what is the best nature for a competitive Haxorus?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    So what is the best nature for a competitive Haxorus?
    The Best Nature(s) are either:

Jolly or Adamant.

Jolly increases Speed and lowers Special Attack.

Adamant increases Attack and lowers Special Attack.

In my opinion, I would have a Jolly Haxorus.

Held Items used with these Natures are usually:

Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Leftovers, Expert Belt, or Life Orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Okay thanks! I'll go with Jolly.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Page 225 of 246 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast