Page 229 of 247 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

What are the most optimal natures for Genesect and Haxorus?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    Breloom's special attack is to low so Giga Drain should be replaced with Spore since Spore is one of the main reasons to use Breloom replace Mach Punch or Drain Punch with Bullet Seed if using Technician or with Seed Bomb if using Poison Heal. EVs could be 252 hp and 252 atk to make the most out of Counter but Facade on the Poison Heal set works better(that set requires Toxic Orb) or Stone edge on the the Technician set. Also on the Technician set you can replace Drain Punch with Low Sweep which is Stronger when used with Technician and with 252 speed EVs you should out speed the opponent after the Low Sweep drops their speed.
    So I guess thats a no? Even so, you gave me an idea for a counter breloom. I'll work on it and get back to you guys. Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    What are the most optimal natures for Genesect and Haxorus?
    For Genesect Jolly/Timid for physical/special offense. If your going mixed then naive/hasty. For Haxorus, Adamant or Jolly. IMO Adamant over Jolly, as your gonna be getting the DD boost to your speed, which even without a positive nature outspeeds the things it needs to so more power. Ofcourse, Scarf=adamant and Band=Jolly

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    For Genesect Jolly/Timid for physical/special offense. If your going mixed then naive/hasty. For Haxorus, Adamant or Jolly. IMO Adamant over Jolly, as your gonna be getting the DD boost to your speed, which even without a positive nature outspeeds the things it needs to so more power. Ofcourse, Scarf=adamant and Band=Jolly
    Thanks. I was thinking Naive for Genesect and Adamant for Haxorus.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

If I have a lv 1 chingling that I solely train on its EV using wings from the Driftveil Drawbridge and I have already maxed out its 510 EVs, will EV still be added if I train it to Lv 2 or would the 510EVs is what it gets when it arrive at lv100?

Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoiPad View Post
    If I have a lv 1 chingling that I solely train on its EV using wings from the Driftveil Drawbridge and I have already maxed out its 510 EVs, will EV still be added if I train it to Lv 2 or would the 510EVs is what it gets when it arrive at lv100?
    once you get evs on it they can only be replaced by removing them with either berries or the stores in join avenue so yes those are what you well have at lv 100.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

I had an idea for a lead:
    Mesprit @ ???
    EVs:???
    Stealth rock
    Imprison
    Psychic/ Psyshock
    Charm/ TWave
    I know dedicated leads are gone this gen, but everybody still has rocks, right? The idea is to seal their rocks with imprison, while setting up your own. Charm/TWave are for support, depending on your team. TWave stops sweepers, while charm forces switches. Psychic/Psyshock are for a nice STAB move, with the added effect of sealing off STAB for psychic sweepers.
    So, what do you guys think? I like to come up with weird sets that work at least some of the time, if you haven't noticed. Does this set fit that criteria?
    PS: If you do think it might work, how about some help with the item/EVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower22 View Post
    I had an idea for a lead:
    Mesprit @ ???
    EVs:???
    Stealth rock
    Imprison
    Psychic/ Psyshock
    Charm/ TWave
    I know dedicated leads are gone this gen, but everybody still has rocks, right? The idea is to seal their rocks with imprison, while setting up your own. Charm/TWave are for support, depending on your team. TWave stops sweepers, while charm forces switches. Psychic/Psyshock are for a nice STAB move, with the added effect of sealing off STAB for psychic sweepers.
    So, what do you guys think? I like to come up with weird sets that work at least some of the time, if you haven't noticed. Does this set fit that criteria?
    PS: If you do think it might work, how about some help with the item/EVs?
    Well, as you said, dedicated leads are for the most part, gone. While you could have this come in on a stealth rocker like Ferrothorn, chances are, they'll use stealth rock as you swap in. It'll be better to grab an Espeon, Xatu, or something with the move Rapid Spin.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Well, as you said, dedicated leads are for the most part, gone. While you could have this come in on a stealth rocker like Ferrothorn, chances are, they'll use stealth rock as you swap in. It'll be better to grab an Espeon, Xatu, or something with the move Rapid Spin.
    Alright, thanks. I was just thinking... I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe predict the switch? Or just lead and seal immediately? Or maybe I'm just crazy. Probably the last one lol

Alright, thanks. I was just thinking... I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe predict the switch? Or just lead and seal immediately? Or maybe I'm just crazy. Probably the last one lol
    If you really want to try the predict on the switch thing, try out volt turn. That makes it a lot easier.

One step ahed of ya, lol. Be expecting an RMT soon.....

I'm looking for a powerhouse (IDC if physical, special, or mixed) that can hold its own against both Ground-types and Ice-types for my OU team. Anyone got any suggestions?
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel562 View Post
    I'm looking for a powerhouse (IDC if physical, special, or mixed) that can hold its own against both Ground-types and Ice-types for my OU team. Anyone got any suggestions?
    If by that, you mean a wall or tank, Rotom-W would do nicely. It can handle the users of most ice attacks quit well, and ground types for the most part won't like Hydro Pump very much. Volt Switch also helps create great offensive pressure.

Gastrodon still proves to be a problem, and without Choice Scarf, Garchomp is pretty dangerous to. You also will probably want something to handle Abomnansnow and Kyurem as well.

Keldeo is more offense and can handle all of these guys, but at the cost of some survivability.

Bibarel!!! Yay!!!
    But seriously, I've always kinda liked Bibarel. I was wondering if one of these sets would work in OU/UU:
    SubChargeBeam:
    Modest
    Leftovers
    Simple
    252 sp.attack 252 speed 4hp
    Sub
    Charge beam
    Surf
    Ice beam/shadow ball/super fang/whatever

Or how's about a curse bibarel:
    Adamant
    Muscle band
    Simple
    252 atk, 252 HP,4 def
    Curse
    Super fang
    Return
    Waterfall

Or maybe a wallbreaker is the one that floats your boat:
    Lonely
    Life orb
    Simple
    252 atk,252 sp.atk,4 HP
    Super fang
    Charge beam
    Return
    Scald/Surf

Bibarel!!! Yay!!!
    SubChargeBeam:
    Modest
    Leftovers
    Simple
    252 sp.attack 252 speed 4hp
    Sub
    Charge beam
    Surf
    Ice beam/shadow ball/super fang/whatever

Or how's about a curse bibarel:
    Adamant
    Muscle band
    Simple
    252 atk, 252 HP,4 def
    Curse
    Super fang
    Return
    Waterfall

Or maybe a wallbreaker is the one that floats your boat:
    Lonely
    Life orb
    Simple
    252 atk,252 sp.atk,4 HP
    Super fang
    Charge beam
    Return
    Scald/Surf
    this would be better in the competitive singles rating section
    and bibarel gets charge beam :L wtf then again peliper gets thunder

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    this would be better in the competitive singles rating section
    and bibarel gets charge beam :L wtf then again peliper gets thunder
    Alright, sorry. I meant for it to be a "would this work?" type thing. I'll edit that into my post. And yeah, it gets charge beam. Weird. And peliper gets thunder? What the freak?
    Edit: Wait a sec... I just checked, and it says that peliper can't learn thunder. It can learn shock wave, though. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

Alright, sorry. I meant for it to be a "would this work?" type thing. I'll edit that into my post. And yeah, it gets charge beam. Weird. And peliper gets thunder? What the freak?
    Edit: Wait a sec... I just checked, and it says that peliper can't learn thunder. It can learn shock wave, though. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?
    I suppose the Bibarel might work in lower tiers, such as NU, but definitely not in OU. Even if it's great stat boosting abilities, it's fighting weakness and poor stats are just far too much. Especially it's stats.

I've been wondering why Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned, but Drought + Chlorophyll isn't? Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Summonight View Post
    I've been wondering why Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned, but Drought + Chlorophyll isn't? Thank you in advance!
    There aren't very many Chlororphyll users, for one. The only one that really posses a threat is Venusaur.

Swift Swim users are also usually water type, and get a boost to their STAB when under rain. Kingdra's special attack may not look like much, but under rain, it's Hydro Pump's power will reach 270 in total, plus an extra 33% if it's holding life orb, or an extra 50% if it's holding choice specs. Ludicolo, Kabutops, and several other water types become extremely dangerous under rain.

Besides that, it was dominating. It was too easy to get away with making easy teams just by grabbing a bunch of swift swimmers and a Politoed, while with Chlorophyll...well, even with that off the banlist, sand and rain are still more common then sun, which alone shows the point that chlorophyll users are less threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I suppose the Bibarel might work in lower tiers, such as NU, but definitely not in OU. Even if it's great stat boosting abilities, it's fighting weakness and poor stats are just far too much. Especially it's stats.
    Alright. *sigh* Sorry Bibarel, I guess it's just not gonna work. No one will ever appreciate your true wallbreaking capabilities.

moody is the only reason I would use Bibarel and only when facing friends and the battle subway. In NU its boosting sets are good and can use simple to rapidly boost like you stated before or unaware to abuse its boost while ignoring the opponent's boost. apart from that use a more competitive water type like Vaporeon in ou play.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Would the species clause activate if Reshiram and White Kyurem were used on the same team?

And also, what happens if haze or perish song is used in a rotation battle? Would all the pokemon be effected, or just the one that is currently fighting when the move is used? From the looks of it, they don't, so you could disregard this.

could someone dumb RNG methodology down for me? i just read smogon's little spread, but it just goes way over my head. <-- epic unintentional rhyme. (sorry in advance for the thick-headedness)
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

Basically people use programs to calculate what they should do at specific times in their games to get the random number generator to do what they want when they want it. This lets them get perfect shiny pokemon or flawless legendary pokemon with little to no effort. I view people who rng pokemon as system abusers much like quick scopers in mw3 but I find quick scopers to be far more unfair as even with flawless pokemon rng users can still loses while quick scopers wreak havoc on almost every game they go into. Rng users can help others by trading their flawless pokemon or breeding them and spreading them around the online community. As for how to do it check up on Youtube or a thread made for it.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    Basically people use programs to calculate what they should do at specific times in their games to get the random number generator to do what they want when they want it. This lets them get perfect shiny pokemon or flawless legendary pokemon with little to no effort. I view people who rng pokemon as system abusers much like quick scopers in mw3 but I find quick scopers to be far more unfair as even with flawless pokemon rng users can still loses while quick scopers wreak havoc on almost every game they go into. Rng users can help others by trading their flawless pokemon or breeding them and spreading them around the online community. As for how to do it check up on Youtube or a thread made for it.
    ok, thank you very much, and yeah i share your opinion on the quick scopers comparison
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

Page 229 of 247 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast