Page 231 of 246 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by koolaidman594 View Post
    ok, thank you, and i was actually going for heatran skill swap. now, on the topic of skill swap, if i skill swapped with my heatran, and subbed cresselia out, then back in, essentially would both heatran and cresselia have levitate? or does it break if i swap out cresselia?
    Odd choice as Slaking makes more sense or Regigigas as their abilities hinder them. Heatran uses Flash fire to boost its fire stab and to avoid neutral fire attacks so you may want to rethink your strategy.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    Odd choice as Slaking makes more sense or Regigigas as their abilities hinder them. Heatran uses Flash fire to boost its fire stab and to avoid neutral fire attacks so you may want to rethink your strategy.
    thats a good point, i may have to incorporate that as well, i just liked that it replaces heatran's greatest weakness with an immunity
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

I don't think you can use skill swap on pokemon with truant or slow start. I think the only way to get rid of the ability is to use role play or skill swap with the pokemon that has truant or slow start.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower22 View Post
    I don't think you can use skill swap on pokemon with truant or slow start. I think the only way to get rid of the ability is to use role play or skill swap with the pokemon that has truant or slow start.
    Please read the competitive use on http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/skill_swap You can use Skill swap to swap those abilities. I even thought about using it back on colosseum to let Slaking wreak havoc(never got around to it but it does work on that game and trust me few things are as scarier then a slaking without Truant.) Regigigas really enjoys getting a better ability such as Magic guard, Levitate, pressure, Unburden or even Dry skin/Chlorophyll from any of the pokemon that get skill swap as its special defense is higher then slakings and with any of these abilities it immediately becomes more threating.

Edit If you meant that those pokemon didn't learn skill swap then you are correct but I was explaining which pokemon would be better targets for a skill swap user.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Alright, sorry. I read somewhere that you can't use skill swap on a pokemon with those abilities. Guess I was wrong. Thanks!
    Now to build a doubles team with magic bounce regigigas... Hehehe....

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Ah, I see... Here's my question then: What OU, and UU Pokemon would be useful/effective under the effects of Trick Room and Sandstorm? Oh, and this also goes for Pokemon that can set up Trick Room/Sandstorm as well.

I actually asked that because I saw this page on Smogon: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue17/rotation
    I know you asked a few days ago but...

Anything with Sand Force works well to an extent - http://www.smogon.com/bw/abilities/sand_force

Excadrill is fairly fast for Trick Room but hits EXTREMELY hard and is certainly slow enough with Iron Ball. Hippowdon is very slow and hits almost as hard as Excadrill but has much better bulk. I'm not sure if Gigialith's DW ability is released yet but if it is it certainly has the stats to deal a lot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I know you asked a few days ago but...

Anything with Sand Force works well to an extent - http://www.smogon.com/bw/abilities/sand_force

Excadrill is fairly fast for Trick Room but hits EXTREMELY hard and is certainly slow enough with Iron Ball. Hippowdon is very slow and hits almost as hard as Excadrill but has much better bulk. I'm not sure if Gigialith's DW ability is released yet but if it is it certainly has the stats to deal a lot of damage.
    unfortunately i think excadrill has been placed in ubers, and moved up from ou(im fairly certain)
    [CENTER]
    \

Oh, I could have sworn he was talking about Rotation battles. Maybe i'm going crazy.

Oh, I could have sworn he was talking about Rotation battles. Maybe i'm going crazy.
    oh no i might have missed that, youre probably right. checking... yeah i think youre right the link says rotation
    [CENTER]
    \

Yeah but he might have changed to talking about singles later. Ah well. Only he knows.

Yeah but he might have changed to talking about singles later. Ah well. Only he knows.
    yeah the only reason i thought i knew something was that i was thinking about making a doubles team with ttar and excadrill as leads but i then i didnt see excadrill in the OU listings lol
    [CENTER]
    \

yeah the only reason i thought i knew something was that i was thinking about making a doubles team with ttar and excadrill as leads but i then i didnt see excadrill in the OU listings lol
    Only the basic uber ban is in place for smogon rotation and wifi battles don't ban anything except for dark void, chatot,overpowered legendary pokemon, soul dew, and event legendary pokemon. So Tornadus-T, Thundurus, Blaziken, and Excadrill are all legal in rotations.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Do you guys think this could work?
    Gliscor @ toxic orb
    Poison heal
    252 HP, 252 atk, 4 spd
    Impish
    Counter
    Roost/Protect
    Taunt
    Earthquake

The idea is to taunt physical set-up sweepers, and use counter. If they are special, use earthquake. Roost heals you by alot, which is cool if you are really weakened. Protect lets you activate the orb, as well as stalling for poison heal healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpower22 View Post
    Do you guys think this could work?
    Gliscor @ toxic orb
    Poison heal
    252 HP, 252 atk, 4 spd
    Impish
    Counter
    Roost/Protect
    Taunt
    Earthquake

The idea is to taunt physical set-up sweepers, and use counter. If they are special, use earthquake. Roost heals you by alot, which is cool if you are really weakened. Protect lets you activate the orb, as well as stalling for poison heal healing.
    The thread for this sort of thing is here http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...EAD-FIRST-POST but as a general overview this set has some merit but is probably inferior to the standard set for the following reasons.

If you taunt a physical sweeper, they are probably going to switch out rather than get walled by you, making counter a bit situational. Counter could be effective if you manage to catch somebody off guard but it is not something that can really be relied on. Earthquake is good for providing damage, but you will still struggle against many prominent special threats such as rotom-w. What I would recommend would be to take toxic over counter so that you can at least cripple these pokemon on the switch in. This would also let you stick those attack EVs in def to stop terrakion 2HKOing you (and similar). Just my two cents though so take it as you want.

Does Prankster give any move generated from Assist (Liepard FTW) +1 priority or does it only give status moves the priority granted by Prankster?

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Does Prankster give any move generated from Assist (Liepard FTW) +1 priority or does it only give status moves the priority granted by Prankster?
    Prankster increases the priority of any status move allowing you to go first no matter what Pokemon your facing, no matter who's speed is better, and no matter what move you're using.

So in one shot: If Prankster is your ability, and you use any status move, it doesn't matter which, even from Assist. You will go first.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

You do get +1 priority Assist and as a result the move that assist becomes has +1 Priority. Another example is dw Riolu using roar then priority copy cat and getting a +1 roar allowing it to shuffle teams to death.(provided you keep using copy cat)

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

@TheAdmiral: Thanks! And sorry about posting in the wrong thread.

Out of curiosity, What exactly is Competitive Pokemon? What is it about?

In despite of being a Competitive Pokemon Battler for almost 4 years, I've always wondered this... =\

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

In despite of being a Competitive Pokemon Battler for almost 4 years, I've always wondered this... =\
    Competitive pokemon is just what the name implies; it's about competing. Each side does all they can to win.

Some people will call themselves "semi-competitive". Generally, these people don't take winning as seriously, usually by picking pokemon for design rather then viability, but they still try to use basic strategies, EVs, IVs, or moves.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Competitive pokemon is just what the name implies; it's about competing. Each side does all they can to win.

Some people will call themselves "semi-competitive". Generally, these people don't take winning as seriously, usually by picking pokemon for design rather then viability, but they still try to use basic strategies, EVs, IVs, or moves.
    Competitive pokemon refers to Competitive pokemon battling (Example a tournament) or competitive play in which players attempt to build high quality teams via breeding, ev training, and or hacks/mods (pokegen or Action replays being good examples) and defeat their opponents with strategy and prediction.

I refer to myself as semi competitive since I do not go for perfect teams and do not use Pokemon online or other battle simulators(I generally don't participate in tournaments ether.)

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by redcharzard View Post
    I refer to myself as semi competitive since I do not go for perfect teams and do not use Pokemon online or other battle simulators(I generally don't participate in tournaments ether.)
    Actually, you don't need to do any of these to be considered competitive.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

off current topic, but what would you guys think of heal pulse on a doubles lucario?
    [CENTER]
    \

off current topic, but what would you guys think of heal pulse on a doubles lucario?
    Lucario is really fragile. It has 70/70/70 defenses which makes it really easy to defeat, even with neutral attacks. Even if it does survive, it's Heal Pulses won't heal by very much. I would suggest giving Heal Pulse to something that can actually take hits and has more HP, like the pink blobs (read: Chansey and Blissey) or Alomomola so that you heal your allies more.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Lucario is really fragile. It has 70/70/70 defenses which makes it really easy to defeat, even with neutral attacks. Even if it does survive, it's Heal Pulses won't heal by very much. I would suggest giving Heal Pulse to something that can actually take hits and has more HP, like the pink blobs (read: Chansey and Blissey) or Alomomola so that you heal your allies more.
    50 hp is a lot in double battles on the wifi since everything is lv 50 during those battles but like you said it has no place on Lucario due to Lucario's lacking defenses.

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Page 231 of 246 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241 ... LastLast