Page 239 of 246 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

If an ability is changed or suppressed by Gastro Acid or Simple Beam for example, does the Pokemon effected get there ability back when switching out? Or is it stuck the entire battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Livingtime View Post
    If an ability is changed or suppressed by Gastro Acid or Simple Beam for example, does the Pokemon effected get there ability back when switching out? Or is it stuck the entire battle?
    They reset when you switch out.

Hey everyone. I was wondering what the best way is to check IVs on a level 1 UT pokemon. I have heard that it's possible to check them by doing an online battle and forcing the pokemon to level 50 and then putting those stats into an IV calculator. Where do I do such battle? I don't want to put any EVs into my gastly without checking it first. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by killercloud View Post
    Hey everyone. I was wondering what the best way is to check IVs on a level 1 UT pokemon. I have heard that it's possible to check them by doing an online battle and forcing the pokemon to level 50 and then putting those stats into an IV calculator. Where do I do such battle? I don't want to put any EVs into my gastly without checking it first. Thanks for any help.
    you can upload the pokemon to pokecheck and it will tell you
    [CENTER]
    3DS Friend Code: 0302-0821-3128
    \

That battle place in Nimbasa City will temporarily raise them to level 50. You can check the stats using that.

Battle Subway. It's offline and you it's level 50.

Ah brilliant, thanks. I've been just levelling them up a little and incoroporating any EVs i may have taken and it gives me a guesstimate on an online calculator.

Who is the better physical sweeper? Technician Breloom vs Guts Conkeldurr?

depends on the setting, with trick room, conkeldurr hand down, in other settings, breloom mostly due to spore
    [CENTER]
    \

Guts Conkeldurr is devastatingly good while he lasts, but since he lacks recovery beyond Drain Punch, he's pretty easy to just stall out until he kills himself. I would agree that Breloom is probably better as a general purpose sweeper.

what would be the most reliable team for incorporating a blissey in it nowadays?
    i've just restarted, and am not up to date with any metagame yet..
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

If a Pokemon uses pursuit on another Pokemon behind a Substitute that is switching out, will pursuit deal damage to the substitute or the Pokemon itself?

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

it would deal damage to the substitute if im not mistaken
    [CENTER]
    \

I've been thinking about joining official pokemon tournaments in hopes to go to nats and onward(because my 7 year old cousin has shamed this veteran trainer and made it to nats already. yes, I am pouting :{) Anyway, I have tried to find which moves are illegal in the pokemon vgc but I could only find two. one is dark void and the other, I can remember the name of.

I was wondering if someone could link me to a full list of forbidden everything for the pokemon vgc.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

Quote Originally Posted by happinas View Post
    what would be the most reliable team for incorporating a blissey in it nowadays?
    i've just restarted, and am not up to date with any metagame yet..
    Depends if Blissey is used for wish support on sites like pokemon showdown or for healing/walling support in actual games. Walling special attacks is what Blissey does best and heal bell/aromatherapy can help out stall teams(It can also help deal with burn and paralysis on offensive teams) that have trouble with toxic and toxic spikes(you need rapid spin support for stopping toxic spikes.) If wish is a factor it can be used on offensive with greater effect. Blissey can also be put on rain teams if they need a cleric(status remover) since it does get thunder, calm mind, and serene grace but that is gimicky.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

I have a couple questions about EV training, which I've decided to take up more as an additional challenge in the game than a "OMG I need perfect Pokemon so I can pwn all teh n00bz!" thing.
    First question: Suppose I just hatched a brand-new Level 1 Pokemon that I wanted to EV train. I take it to the first route and pit it against a Level 2 wild Pokemon. My Pokemon wins (possibly with the help of healing items). Because of Gen V's beating-higher-leveled-Pokemon-than-you-gives-more-EXP mechanic, my Pokemon levels up twice. Would it only get the EVs for beating the wild Pokemon on the first level-up, or would it get the same EVs again on both level-ups?
    Second question: Suppose I already had a Pokemon that I trained up without really paying much attention to its EVs and IVs, and I want to go back and respec its EVs (which I know would take more effort than just EV training a new Pokemon from scratch, but I guess I'm just silly that way :P ). Is there some way that I could tell exactly what that Pokemon's EVs are so I know exactly what I have to change? I really don't want to end up wasting EV-reducing berries or wasting money doing my Pokemon's Makeup at the Salon in Join Avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by E-V View Post
    I have a couple questions about EV training, which I've decided to take up more as an additional challenge in the game than a "OMG I need perfect Pokemon so I can pwn all teh n00bz!" thing.
    First question: Suppose I just hatched a brand-new Level 1 Pokemon that I wanted to EV train. I take it to the first route and pit it against a Level 2 wild Pokemon. My Pokemon wins (possibly with the help of healing items). Because of Gen V's beating-higher-leveled-Pokemon-than-you-gives-more-EXP mechanic, my Pokemon levels up twice. Would it only get the EVs for beating the wild Pokemon on the first level-up, or would it get the same EVs again on both level-ups?
    Second question: Suppose I already had a Pokemon that I trained up without really paying much attention to its EVs and IVs, and I want to go back and respec its EVs (which I know would take more effort than just EV training a new Pokemon from scratch, but I guess I'm just silly that way :P ). Is there some way that I could tell exactly what that Pokemon's EVs are so I know exactly what I have to change? I really don't want to end up wasting EV-reducing berries or wasting money doing my Pokemon's Makeup at the Salon in Join Avenue.
    1st:it only gets the evs it would have obtained from that pokemon in battle, so just once.
    2nd: if you go to pokecheck.org and follow the steps, you can upload your pokemon and see exactly what evs are on it
    [CENTER]
    \

Hi, people! What is metagame, huh???

Quote Originally Posted by Ditta View Post
    Hi, people! What is metagame, huh???
    Metagame is Competitive Battling. While we can play Pokemon against just the AI, we can also battle other players in a variety of ways.
    Competitive Battling adds new spirit to Pokemon and also opens up many new possibilities!

I have officially claimed Mew.

Can I ask some? When I register the competition, I cannot register my pokemon in battle box.....My team didn't have legendary pokemon and didn't have same item but i cannot register.....Please help..(I'm play pkm w2)
    Friend Code:
    Pokemon White 2: 0949 - 0902 - 7272

There are some Pokemon that are illegal to use in Wifi, such as Chatot (because you can record it saying naughty things) and non-nick-named Confagrigus (because the game thinks it has a bad word in its name). If the game detects an inappropriate nickname - in ANY language - it won't let you use the Pokemon on Wifi. Also, if your Pokemon have been hacked or are holding hacked items, the game can detect this and won't let you register them, and if they have illegal move combinations, the game will not let you use them. Check for one or more of these things.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by noohee View Post
    Can I ask some? When I register the competition, I cannot register my pokemon in battle box.....My team didn't have legendary pokemon and didn't have same item but i cannot register.....Please help..(I'm play pkm w2)
    If you're using those pokémon for the spring friendly, there might be a pokémon among them that is not allowed in the tournament. All the Pokémon in the new Unova dex are allowed. Here's the list of all the Pokemon allowed in the Spring Friendly.

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/unovadex.shtml

If you're using a pokemon that isn't on this list, you will not be able to register your battle box.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

omz, thanks a lot, varanus_komodoensis, T-Bolt.
    Friend Code:
    Pokemon White 2: 0949 - 0902 - 7272

i don't know if this is the right thread to post but
    i want to have a glaceon on my team but i want it to be more defensive. what nature/ev spread/moveset would be good for a defensive glaceon?

Quote Originally Posted by chopinumbreon View Post
    i don't know if this is the right thread to post but
    i want to have a glaceon on my team but i want it to be more defensive. what nature/ev spread/moveset would be good for a defensive glaceon?
    Defensive Glaceon isn't really a thing. It runs a pretty standard Specs set and not a lot else. Because it has Ice Body, you can do a Stallrein type thing with Substitute and Protect, but that's not defensive as much as just stalling. Why is it exactly you want to make Glaceon defensive? It's typing and HP stat should be a pretty big deterrent to that.

If you want it, the stall set would look like this...

Glaceon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Ice Body
    EVs: 208 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Protect
    ~ Blizzard
    ~ Hidden Power Ground / Toxic

This assumes 31 HP IV and Hail support from another member of the team. And btw, yes, this was the right place to post a question like that.

Page 239 of 246 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243 ... LastLast