Page 12 of 247 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Garchomp is OU.
    EDIT: ouch, ninja'd by Blue Harvest lol.
    I'm tired of signatures...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Of the team you have now Ferrothorn is your best lead. And no Garchomp is not Uber. It used to be in 4th gen, but it was unbanned in Black and White.
    Thanks a lot. Do ya see any changes for that? I only have Arcanine cause I wanted Extremespeed, but Garchomp is pretty fast with a Scarf, and two Revenge doesn't feel like its gonna work out. Also Arcanine gets hit by SR. Do you know any good sweepers that would work out with my team. Thanks lots!

So, here I am wanting to make a team entirely out of Gen V Pokemon, excluding legends, and I need help because I'm not entirely sure about which Pokemon have staying power in their roles in this generation.

So far I've got:
    Haxorus (physical sweeper)
    Hydreigon (Choice Specs, and therefore special sweeper)
    Jellicent (Wall, Will-o'-wisp!)

MAYBE PILE:
    Zoroark (if only because it's fun to mess with people)
    Chandelure (I really like this Pokemon, but I'm concerned about doubling up on more types. No Shadow Tag, because no Dream World yet)
    Ferrothorn (Potential replacement for Jellicent, or perhaps run both)
    Eelektross (I like it, but for some reason I can't put my finger on, I'm iffy about actually using the thing)
    Scrafty (Echoing the concern for type-doubling, but he'd provide some good coverage for me)

I can elaborate with movesets for Haxorus, Hydreigon, and Jellicent if needed.

Good enough IV's for terrakion? I'm tired of catching him. Adamant of course.

21/24/31/16/31/24

Also what nature do you think is best for Virizion? This pokes typing has me scratching my head what I'm going to do with it.

I found what seems like an OK triple battle strategy. Beware, some parts seem extremely stupid or even downright trolly at first. Here goes: In the middle we have a Scarfed Jolly Salamence or Krookodile with Moxie and Earthquake. On the sides: A Scarfed Hasty Whimsicott and a Scarfed Hasty Volbeat or Illumise, both have Prankster and they use Helping Hand (I know helping hand is already priority, but they could outspeed other priority mon with the boosts to speed, it's not like any of their other stats even matter at all). They both boost the Moxie pokemon's EQ with Helping Hand, which (hopefully) kills all pokemon on the field including allies to net it +5 ATK. Send in something that can use gravity holding a balloon (the bulkier it is, the better chance it will have to survive to use gravity, Nattorei seems good. Alternately, you could just max Spe and scarf something like Jirachi to let it outspeed the opponents with its gravity) so you can hit flying-types and levitators. With a +5 STAB Scarfed EQ, you just win. Other team slots can be filled with whatever you want, I guess. You could even throw in a Stone Edge user if you want.

Critique plz.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Hi, I have a question about what pokemon I should put in the last slot of my team. It is for 3 on 3 random matchup for WIFI or battle subway. My lead is archeops, and my second pokemon is lucario. Any idea what pokemon would fit into the last slot?

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Hi, I have a question about what pokemon I should put in the last slot of my team. It is for 3 on 3 random matchup for WIFI or battle subway. My lead is archeops, and my second pokemon is lucario. Any idea what pokemon would fit into the last slot?
    I'd run Gliscor in the last slot it walls well immunity to electric/ground good resistance to fighting types. Not perfect but if not him something that can wall threats to your team well. Or just you know some sort of dragon and be hyper aggressive.

I'd run Gliscor in the last slot it walls well immunity to electric/ground good resistance to fighting types. Not perfect but if not him something that can wall threats to your team well. Or just you know some sort of dragon and be hyper aggressive.
    Thanks, that really helped.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    I found what seems like an OK triple battle strategy. Beware, some parts seem extremely stupid or even downright trolly at first. Here goes: In the middle we have a Scarfed Jolly Salamence or Krookodile with Moxie and Earthquake. On the sides: A Scarfed Hasty Whimsicott and a Scarfed Hasty Volbeat or Illumise, both have Prankster and they use Helping Hand (I know helping hand is already priority, but they could outspeed other priority mon with the boosts to speed, it's not like any of their other stats even matter at all). They both boost the Moxie pokemon's EQ with Helping Hand, which (hopefully) kills all pokemon on the field including allies to net it +5 ATK. Send in something that can use gravity holding a balloon (the bulkier it is, the better chance it will have to survive to use gravity, Nattorei seems good. Alternately, you could just max Spe and scarf something like Jirachi to let it outspeed the opponents with its gravity) so you can hit flying-types and levitators. With a +5 STAB Scarfed EQ, you just win. Other team slots can be filled with whatever you want, I guess. You could even throw in a Stone Edge user if you want.

Critique plz.
    you know that helping hand has a higher priority then regular priority moves like aqua jet right? I think your being paranoid about adding prankster in that mix as well other wise cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post

Critique plz.
    I think that would work better without depending on moxie. A simple Scarfed Typhlosion could do a TON more damage. There is also stuff like Dragonite or Lucario who are immune to flinches (Fake Out will completely **** over your predictable strategy). You're better off trying a center Pokemon that hits all three opposing pokes and support it instead of 100% depending on it.

Things that learn Helping Hand that don't suck:

Latias / Latios / Jirachi / Terakion / Virizion / Colbalion / Keldeo / Hitmontop / Chansey / Hariyama / Infernape / Musharna

I keep meaning to try triples but I would use something like..

(left)
    Latios @ Life Orb
    obv EVs and nature

Draco Meteor
    Surf
    Helping Hand
    Protect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(center)
    Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    vjav EVs

Rock Slide
    Earthquake / Bulldoze
    Protect
    Acrobatics / Swagger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Virizion @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    EVs!!

Protect
    Helping Hand
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

I guess Aerodactyl would spam for flinches with Rock Slide while the other two would either Helping Hand or attack with their own moves. Hmm.. maybe tonight I'll play PO's Triples tier. How hard can it be.

Could anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of running a weather team/ Pokemon? If not, a link to a thread here or elsewhere would be just as helpful.

I'm trying to better understand what I'm up against before I just waltz into an online match.

I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Could anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of running a weather team/ Pokemon? If not, a link to a thread here or elsewhere would be just as helpful.

I'm trying to better understand what I'm up against before I just waltz into an online match.

I appreciate it.
    The disadvantage is keeping the weather up. If you want to use swift swim, the drizzle/swift swim combo is banned to Ubers, but Drought/Chlorophyll and Sandstream/Sandrush aren't banned. Sandstorm boost the defence of rock types, and hail boost the defence of ice types. Also, try a politoad with drizzle and vaporeon with hydration and rest on the same team.

Oh, and for a swift swim team lead, I suggest Accelgor to get up Rain dance then U-turn, and bronzong to get it up when Accelgor faints.

Try out these for rain leads.
    -Politoad/Drizzle/Timid/252sp.att/252speed/ChoiceScarf/Surf, Icebeam, Hyper Voice, and hypnosis.
    Try to put opponents to sleep with hypnosis for a save swap out. Surf hits with double power, and the others are for coverage.

-Accelgor/Hydration/Naive/252sp.att/252speed/4att/DampRock or Focus Sash/RainDance,U-Turn,Bugbuzz,yawn
    Pretty much just start the rain and flee.

If you want offensive sandstorm, I suggest Tyranitar as a lead, and defensive, Hippowdon as your lead.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Oh, just clearing some mistakes from the above post. Sandstorm boosts the Special Defense of a Rock-type Pokemon, while hail sadly doesn't boost a thing (unless the user has Snow Cloak, which boosts evasion).

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    The disadvantage is keeping the weather up. If you want to use swift swim, the drizzle/swift swim combo is banned to Ubers, but Drought/Chlorophyll and Sandstream/Sandrush aren't banned. Sandstorm boost the defence of rock types, and hail boost the defence of ice types. Also, try a politoad with drizzle and vaporeon with hydration and rest on the same team.

Oh, and for a swift swim team lead, I suggest Accelgor to get up Rain dance then U-turn, and bronzong to get it up when Accelgor faints.

Try out these for rain leads.
    -Politoad/Drizzle/Timid/252sp.att/252speed/ChoiceScarf/Surf, Icebeam, Hyper Voice, and hypnosis.
    Try to put opponents to sleep with hypnosis for a save swap out. Surf hits with double power, and the others are for coverage.

-Accelgor/Hydration/Naive/252sp.att/252speed/4att/DampRock or Focus Sash/RainDance,U-Turn,Bugbuzz,yawn
    Pretty much just start the rain and flee.

If you want offensive sandstorm, I suggest Tyranitar as a lead, and defensive, Hippowdon as your lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by AromaFlora View Post
    Oh, just clearing some mistakes from the above post. Sandstorm boosts the Special Defense of a Rock-type Pokemon, while hail sadly doesn't boost a thing (unless the user has Snow Cloak, which boosts evasion).
    Alright. Thanks, guys.

So would running a Sand Veil Garchomp and a Tyranitar be any decent? Even though Tyranitar is the only of the two that is a Rock type. Would other Pokemon such as Ferrothorn work on a possible sandstorm team?

Moreover, are there any Water Pokemon and Sandstorm-resistant Pokemon that I should avoid completely in a Rain Dance and Sandstorm team, respectively?

Is endeavour effected by prankster?

So would running a Sand Veil Garchomp and a Tyranitar be any decent? Even though Tyranitar is the only of the two that is a Rock type. Would other Pokemon such as Ferrothorn work on a possible sandstorm team?

Moreover, are there any Water Pokemon and Sandstorm-resistant Pokemon that I should avoid completely in a Rain Dance and Sandstorm team, respectively?
    Yes, Garchomp works great. Also try Exadrill. Ferrothorn will also work, especially in more defensive teams.

I heard that got changed in the 5th gen. Apparently it wasn't?

Oh, and I meant to say sp.defence.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I've been playing around with teams lately, and I've never considered trying to incorporate a Wobbuffet on a competitive team. It's becoming a daunting task, but I think it will end up being fantastic if it's done right.

I started with Wobbuffet, and realized I needed some form of reliable recovery to help Wobbuffet take large hits. Wish was the best option, so I decided I needed a very defensive Wish user to be able to take a hit and use Wish for Wobbuffet.

Wobbuffet > Encore, Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard

I chose Umbreon because of its 110/130 defenses, with a Mean Look > Baton Pass combo as a bonus.

Umbreon > Baton Pass, Mean Look, Wish, Taunt

Then, I needed a fast Taunt user to make sure Umbreon doesn't get taunted itself. I chose Whimsicott because SubSeeding and Paralyzing both work well with Wobbuffet and Encore.

Whimsicott > Taunt, Stun Spore, Substitute, Leech Seed

The problem is that I don't know where to go from here. I want to use two or three offensive pokemon as a core to take advantage of Mean Look. I originally had considered Multiscale Dragonite, Poison Heal Breloom, and Intimidate Gyarados, but that makes a potentially entire physical team, putting walls like Skarmory in my way.

Keep in mind I'm essentially brainstorming here.

What would possibly help this potential team?

No, I'm not giving anyone credit for my team pose because I made it myself.

Nah, that was a rumor, but it was busted.

edit: directed at Zach btw.

Would it be illegal to have Sandstorm and the ability 'Sand Force' (Increases the Power of Ground, Rock, and Steel-type moves by 33% in a Sandstorm) on the same team?
    White Friend Code:
    1291 - 7521 - 4646

What is a good moveset and itemfor this Scrafty?

Scrafty@?
    Adamant
    252Attk/176HP/80Def

Did they really do away with Lv. 100 Standard mode? or do i just have to do something to see it?
    Name: Danny
    White FC: 4942 6886 9848
    Shiny Pokes:

I have a question about my Archeops,

I either want it to learn fly, or acrobatics. Now acrobatics has a power of 110 without an item, and fly has a power of 90. But I can give my Archeops a sharp beak that increases flying type moves by 20%.

Now the question is, Acrobatics with out any items, or Fly with sharp beak?
    I've been inactive for quite some time but now that X/Y are out, I'm back in!

I'm mainly here to do some trading and help out if I can.

My FC is: 4081 - 5632 - 9717

Are the Rotom Formes considered different Pokemon in 5th Gen under standard clauses due to them having different types in each Forme?

As for Beezlebubs, I'd go with Acrobatics and no item (or a Flying Gem if Acrobatics's base power would be doubled due to the fact that the item would be used up. I don't know if that'd work, so don't quote me on this), just because Fly is a two-turn move, giving your opponent time to switch into something that resists it.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezlebubz View Post
    I have a question about my Archeops,

I either want it to learn fly, or acrobatics. Now acrobatics has a power of 110 without an item, and fly has a power of 90. But I can give my Archeops a sharp beak that increases flying type moves by 20%.

Now the question is, Acrobatics with out any items, or Fly with sharp beak?
    Acrobatics, 2 turn moves are generaly pretty bad even if your immune the first turn.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Thanks! Looks like im keeping acrobatics, that and endeavor makes my Archeops quite a threat
    I've been inactive for quite some time but now that X/Y are out, I'm back in!

I'm mainly here to do some trading and help out if I can.

My FC is: 4081 - 5632 - 9717

What ev spread should i use on my ferrothorn and jellicent? they will be a physical wall and special wall, respectively, i just want to know a good spread for them

^(gotten from rayquaza is green)^

Page 12 of 247 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast