Page 125 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoGlitch View Post
    How do you predict in this game?
    You try to guess what is your opponent´s next move by using mostly common sense, example you have a swampert and the opponent has a venasaur, what´s going to happen? likely venasaur is going to use a grass move so switching into something that would take the grass hit and counter venasaur would be good like a heatran, also predicting you opponent´s switch and use a move that will KO the pokemon that is coming out, predicting what the oppent is predicting is called overpredicting and can be desicive on a battles, but more than talk you should try it, prectice makes perfect, hope it helps
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

I know in smogon, drizzle + swift swim is banned, but if we use swift swim to opposite rain team, is it allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by misterdarvus View Post
    I know in smogon, drizzle + swift swim is banned, but if we use swift swim to opposite rain team, is it allowed?
    Yes its posible and an excellent counter, try to use a powerful swift swim user like kingdra or kabutops
    My Friend Safari:

Hey, I was thinking of using a Metagross suicide lead, and I was wondering whether to invest EV's and nature into Bulk or Attack strength?

Set

Metagross @ ?
    Nature: ?
    EV's: ?

Moveset
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Hammer Arm/Earthquake
    Meteor Mash

Thanks
    Friend Code:
    Pokemon Trainer Cloud
    2406 5173 7383

I have Mastered Metagross

Metagross @ Leftovers/Focus Sash/Normal Gem/Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant/
    EV's: Bulky and strong 252 Atk 252 HP 4 Sp Def/ Very bulky 136 HP 120 Atk 252 Sp Def

Moveset
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion
    Hammer Arm/Earthquake
    Hammer Arm/Earthquake/Bullet Punch

Explanation: Run leftovers on the very bulky set and focus sash or normal gem in the bulky and strong set Lum berry work for both sets, Simple moveset set up stealth rocks and either attack or explode, the focus sash would allow you to survive a powerfull hit and normal gem will boost explosion power since it no longers cut the target Def by half, Hammer arm or earthquake offer good coverage while Bullet punch lets you finish a Focus sash or Sturdy user, Lum berry saves you from a possible Spore Smeargle or Wil-o-Wisp users
    My Friend Safari:

How do you use BOAH Tyranitar? I'm having trouble with it.
    I am a roleplayer. I have fun hanging out in the RP section of the forums. If you have a problem with that then I invite you to dance forever.

Does anyone know of any websites that list every uu pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhite84 View Post
    Does anyone know of any websites that list every uu pokemon?
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/uu There you go.

3DS FC: 0001-3758-4431
    *Credit goes to Garnet Til Alexandros XVII for the Userbar*

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoGlitch View Post
    How do you use BOAH Tyranitar? I'm having trouble with it.
    The key to use this set is to predict when the opponent in not going to attack you, like a switch in fear of an attack, the proceed to use focus punch
    My Friend Safari:

What are a couple of effective counters to Reuniclus?

Spoiler:- Credits & FC:

DarkType 'mons
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

^Not really since most carry focus blast. Jirachi and Scizor are pretty good counters. Anything that resists psychic and has high defenses will be fine. Actually, if reuniclus doesn't have shadow ball, spiritomb is immune to both his attacks.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Scizor, Mandibuzz, Escavalier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

I'm building an UU team. So far I got 2 Pokemon.

Galvantula @ Wise Glasses
    Ability: Compundeyes
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
    Nature: SAtk +, Atk -
    Thunder
    Bug Buzz
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power (Ice)

Sweeper Lead.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 SAtk/ 252 SDef
    Nature: SDef +, Atk -
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Earth Power
    Recover

Ideal partner for Galvantula.

So, any ideas on who else can come?
    I am a roleplayer. I have fun hanging out in the RP section of the forums. If you have a problem with that then I invite you to dance forever.

Hitmonlee's not a bad call. Good against Psychics due to a high special defence stat, so his real weakness are strong Neutral Physical attacks and Flying moves. Flying moves are dealt with quite well by your Galvantula and Gastrodon.

I would go for:
    Blaze Kick/Earthquake
    Close Combat/Hi jump Kick
    Mach Punch
    Stone Edge

I would go for Jolly Nature and Attack and Speed EVs.

I tend to have one of these guys most of the time too.
    Donphan
    Sturdy
    Leftovers
    Rapid Spin
    Roar
    Stealth Rock
    [Insert Attacking Move move] (Most sets Run Eathquake or Ice Shard.)
    High Speed EVs, and either high Attack or High Special Defence. [Depends on whether you want earthquake to be strong or For your attacks to be a little quicker.]

I've got a question about Gastrodon's EVs. In the spoiler is the explanation behind my experience with Gastro spreads and the reasoning behind the one I'm asking advice for.

Spoiler:- History:

So my question is, any advice on the 140SpA/252SpD/116HP Modest spread?

Quote Originally Posted by damaster View Post
    What are a couple of effective counters to Reuniclus?
    Spiritomb can pretty much completely wall it, and has pursuit to trap it, but a more useful option would probably be something like Scizor

Hi all, I want to get into competitive battling, So I waited till now as I was hoping the tutoring program would rerun but sadly it hasn't. But anyway, I've been reading a fair bit and am ok working with individual pokemon - On EV's and movesets. But i'm finding teambuilding hard (I want to battle OU to start with). The main thing I struggle with is how people can say 'your team is completely heatran walled' or you only hit water superffective with 2 mons. Basically, is there any sort of programs or tactics people use for efficient teambuilding? I Think I saw someone print a spreadsheet of team type weakness's once but had no idea what it was from.
    Thanks, Nikator

There are tools out there, but honestly the best guide is experience. Try the team out. See how it does. Fix any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikator View Post
    Hi all, I want to get into competitive battling, So I waited till now as I was hoping the tutoring program would rerun but sadly it hasn't. But anyway, I've been reading a fair bit and am ok working with individual pokemon - On EV's and movesets. But i'm finding teambuilding hard (I want to battle OU to start with). The main thing I struggle with is how people can say 'your team is completely heatran walled' or you only hit water superffective with 2 mons. Basically, is there any sort of programs or tactics people use for efficient teambuilding? I Think I saw someone print a spreadsheet of team type weakness's once but had no idea what it was from.
    Thanks, Nikator
    Ehem to simplify this as much as possible: Yes there are some tactics to use in team building, first you must try that your pokemon can back up each other weaknesess, second try to have some balance between Offense and Defense try to have at least to offensive pokemon one for phisical and one for Special, 2 defensive pokemon either for Phisical, special or for both as a mixed wall pokemon, and finnaly the 2 last pokemon are up to you, maybe one will be your lead, the 3 kinds of most common leads are set up leads which try to set something in the field like entry hazards like stealth rocks, or the dual screens (reflect and light screen) a anti-lead that works to counter other leads and offensive lead which try to set up something (like a dragon dance) and proceed to sweep the opponent´s team.

I could PM you an example of a team building strategy since this is not the right thread for that
    My Friend Safari:

Ok, thanks. New question: for standard OU rules on wi-fi battles over here etc, and perhaps Pokemon-Online whilst I test a team. Is the item clause active? Ie can I only use an item once on my team.

^On PO you and your opponent can choose if you want the item clause on. About Wifi, I'm not sure.
    Generic Signature

It is for flat battles. Not no restrictions.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

What's a good Pokemon to set up toxic spikes with? I'm not talking about Forrtress. I'm trying to build a stall team.

Page 125 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast