Page 126 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

  1. #3126
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudinoGlitch View Post
    What's a good Pokemon to set up toxic spikes with? I'm not talking about Forrtress. I'm trying to build a stall team.
    Drapion Garbodor and roserade are my personal favorites
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

  2. #3127
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In Equator of Emerald
    Posts
    793

  3. #3128
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    IN THE BATHROOM!
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Okay, I scrapped the stall team. I got another question.

    What are some good setups for Conkuldur that don't use a choice item?
    I am a roleplayer. I have fun hanging out in the RP section of the forums. If you have a problem with that then I invite you to dance forever.

  4. #3129
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudinoGlitch View Post
    Okay, I scrapped the stall team. I got another question.

    What are some good setups for Conkuldur that don't use a choice item?
    Bulk Up set
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 Hp 252 Atk
    Moveset:
    Mach Punch
    Payback/Stone Edge
    Payback/Stone Edge
    Drain Punch/Hammer Arm

    Flame Orb
    @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Guts
    Evs: 252 Hp 252 Atk
    Moveset:
    Mach Punch
    Stone Edge
    Payback
    Drain Punch
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

  5. #3130
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    I'm running an Emboar, Maractus, Beheeyem, Simipour, and either a Golurk or a Minccino (maybe Gigalith). The 6th slot is what's got me stumped.

    I used to have Archeops in that spot, but I think I want to use Trick Room. But that means I'd have to get rid of my Simipour, and I don't really want to do that. So I was thinking Tailwind, and I could get a different flying type like Mandibuzz to utilize it.

    Is this a good idea?

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  6. #3131
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    I'm running an Emboar, Maractus, Beheeyem, Simipour, and either a Golurk or a Minccino (maybe Gigalith). The 6th slot is what's got me stumped.

    I used to have Archeops in that spot, but I think I want to use Trick Room. But that means I'd have to get rid of my Simipour, and I don't really want to do that. So I was thinking Tailwind, and I could get a different flying type like Mandibuzz to utilize it.

    Is this a good idea?
    If this is a single battle team, nah Tailwind doesn´t last too long in doubles however is pretty usefull, also consider tornadus for the tailwind user
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

  7. #3132
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    If this is a single battle team, nah Tailwind doesn´t last too long in doubles however is pretty usefull, also consider tornadus for the tailwind user
    Yeah, I was considering trying my luck at Doubles. My Beheeyem has that ability that protects him from partner damage, so it works out.

    I would, cos I know Tornadus would be really good at Tailwind, but I'm picky about my Pokemon and I'm not a fan of legendaries (no problem with those who are though). I'm probably going to end up with Mandibuzz, since I already have a grass type and a water type (negating Whimsicott and Swanna).

    So I should probably try to get Emboar and Maractus as fast as possible as well, right? If I'm not running Trick Room?

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  8. #3133
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    Yeah, I was considering trying my luck at Doubles. My Beheeyem has that ability that protects him from partner damage, so it works out.

    I would, cos I know Tornadus would be really good at Tailwind, but I'm picky about my Pokemon and I'm not a fan of legendaries (no problem with those who are though). I'm probably going to end up with Mandibuzz, since I already have a grass type and a water type (negating Whimsicott and Swanna).

    So I should probably try to get Emboar and Maractus as fast as possible as well, right? If I'm not running Trick Room?
    Emboar and maractus are not that fast but with the tailwind support they can, but I would recommend changing maractus for other pokemon, I see you like 5th gen pokemon so here are 2 option I can give you:

    Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sap Sipper
    Evs: 252 Atk 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    Double Edge/Return
    Swords Dance
    Jump Kick/Wild Charge/Nature Power
    Horn Leech

    Lilligant @ Leftovers/Lum Berry/Big Root
    Trait: Own Tempo
    Evs: 252 Sp Atk 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    Hidden Power Fire
    Quiver Dance/Sleep Powder
    Sleep Powder/ Dream Eater
    Giga Drain/ Petal Dance
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

  9. #3134
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    Emboar and maractus are not that fast but with the tailwind support they can, but I would recommend changing maractus for other pokemon, I see you like 5th gen pokemon so here are 2 option I can give you:

    Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sap Sipper
    Evs: 252 Atk 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    Double Edge/Return
    Swords Dance
    Jump Kick/Wild Charge/Nature Power
    Horn Leech

    Lilligant @ Leftovers/Lum Berry/Big Root
    Trait: Own Tempo
    Evs: 252 Sp Atk 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    Hidden Power Fire
    Quiver Dance/Sleep Powder
    Sleep Powder/ Dream Eater
    Giga Drain/ Petal Dance
    Yes, I am a 5th Gen junkie. Oddly, since I started in 2nd Gen and most people from that time period are either iffy or anti-5th gen.

    But I want to try out this interesting Maractus strategy, making use of its Water Absorb and Simipour's surf. I think I need Soak for that strategy to be really any use, so I'll probably switch over to one of the two you suggested if I don't like my results. Or Whimsicott and replace Mandibuzz with either Gigalith or go back to my Archeops.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  10. #3135
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I've got a question about Gastrodon's EVs. In the spoiler is the explanation behind my experience with Gastro spreads and the reasoning behind the one I'm asking advice for.

        Spoiler:- History:


    So my question is, any advice on the 140SpA/252SpD/116HP Modest spread?
    Well Jesus, first let me begging with an apology for not seeing your question earlier, ehem now according to your explanation of the spread it makes a good thundurus counter, and according to your explanation you calculated that spread very well, but, can that set serve to counter more pokes besides thundurus? if not then your set/spreed is just dedicated to thudurs and could fail in general competitve metagame, that´s my oppinion.
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

  11. #3136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    Well Jesus, first let me begging with an apology for not seeing your question earlier, ehem now according to your explanation of the spread it makes a good thundurus counter, and according to your explanation you calculated that spread very well, but, can that set serve to counter more pokes besides thundurus? if not then your set/spreed is just dedicated to thudurs and could fail in general competitve metagame, that´s my oppinion.
    No problem! That's actually a good question, and it's mainly why I chose the EV spread I did. Thundurus is the main thing I'm worried about, which was why I mentioned it so much, but the set offers extra protection against special attackers in general. The alternate EV spread of 252SpA etc. in the Smogon analysis has worked for me in the past, but it had less survivability. This spread has the ability to take attacks even better, which allows it to handle a wider variety of special threats. It also has enough power where needed, mainly to handle Thundurus and 2HKO Latios. I've also always felt that the full power offered by 252SpA was a bit much, since Gastro's job mainly comes down to spreading status more than sweeping, unless it has a Storm Drain boost.

    So to answer you question, yes, it does allow me to check a few other things even more efficiently. Think of it as the standard 252SpA/124HP/132SpD Modest spread but more special bulk and only as much power as needed.

  12. #3137
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    No problem! That's actually a good question, and it's mainly why I chose the EV spread I did. Thundurus is the main thing I'm worried about, which was why I mentioned it so much, but the set offers extra protection against special attackers in general. The alternate EV spread of 252SpA etc. in the Smogon analysis has worked for me in the past, but it had less survivability. This spread has the ability to take attacks even better, which allows it to handle a wider variety of special threats. It also has enough power where needed, mainly to handle Thundurus and 2HKO Latios. I've also always felt that the full power offered by 252SpA was a bit much, since Gastro's job mainly comes down to spreading status more than sweeping, unless it has a Storm Drain boost.

    So to answer you question, yes, it does allow me to check a few other things even more efficiently. Think of it as the standard 252SpA/124HP/132SpD Modest spread but more special bulk and only as much power as needed.
    In that case the set seems more fuctional that what I thought off in a beggining, if you can pair it up with a physically bulky pokemon that resist grass moves I´m pretty sure gastrodon will do perfect on your team, gotta add I never thought of this set, congratulations on it you just outsmarted the guys from smogon community
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

  13. #3138
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    press ctrl-w and find out
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Can any one give me a good flare boost Drifblim set?

    I've been trying to make one but it's low defenses make its incredibly high HP pretty much useless and it doesn't really have any means of healing. The evs are a bit tricky also I don't know if its better to invest all my evs in defense of speed and Sp attack.

    this is as far as I got
    modest @flare orb
    Stockpile/calm mind
    Shadow ball
    Thunderbolt
    swallow(w stockpile of course)

    yes I have to rely on stockpile and swallow in this set
    Feed him

    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:


  14. #3139

    Default

    dragon dance or bulk up on my scrafty
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

    check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

  15. #3140
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    <
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucario beast View Post
    dragon dance or bulk up on my scrafty
    It depends on your moveset, but Dragon Dance is my favorite, with Drain Punch, Crunch, and Ice Punch.

  16. #3141
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under a Bridge in a Troll hut.
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Does wonder skin have a chance of preventing taunt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

    ^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

  17. #3142
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maple Valley, WA
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    Does wonder skin have a chance of preventing taunt?
    Wonder Skin blocks all Status category moves, which includes Taunt. So yes, it can block Taunt. It would not, for example, block the paralysis chance from a non-status move like Thunder however.

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wonder_Skin

  18. #3143
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Hmmm maybe not the right spot but it is a competitive question.


    Why is there nothing in the rmt archives yet D:


    I mean I know 99% of the rmt's made here suck hard but there is a few good ones I've sen and I'm sure we could find others. It might help people to have an example of how there's should loom to clean up that place
    ~

  19. #3144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai00 View Post
    Hmmm maybe not the right spot but it is a competitive question.


    Why is there nothing in the rmt archives yet D:


    I mean I know 99% of the rmt's made here suck hard but there is a few good ones I've sen and I'm sure we could find others. It might help people to have an example of how there's should loom to clean up that place
    I believe Blue Harvest just decided to pull the plug on the project, since even the RMT Nomination thread is gone. The section itself is still there, though, so I could be wrong.

  20. #3145
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    I did, but we will be bringing it back once I stop being lazy. We nominated about 15 teams so its going to be decent should I ever get around to it.

  21. #3146
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    IN THE BATHROOM!
    Posts
    222

    Default

    As you might be able to tell by my avatar and title, I'm having trouble, AGAIN. I can't build a team that's worth crap. I get one good Pokemon, then I s---- it up with my lame a-- choices. Seriously, no matter what I try my team winds up being p--- poor.

    My current victim is Bulk Up Conkuldur. I'm not giving up on this Pokemon though.....now if only I had rudimentary teambuilder skills.
    I am a roleplayer. I have fun hanging out in the RP section of the forums. If you have a problem with that then I invite you to dance forever.

  22. #3147
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Span
    Posts
    68

    Default

    do we have a databank of compitivte movesets?
    3ds FC 1048 8280 0964 IGN Matthew

  23. #3148
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudinoGlitch View Post
    As you might be able to tell by my avatar and title, I'm having trouble, AGAIN. I can't build a team that's worth crap. I get one good Pokemon, then I s---- it up with my lame a-- choices. Seriously, no matter what I try my team winds up being p--- poor.

    My current victim is Bulk Up Conkuldur. I'm not giving up on this Pokemon though.....now if only I had rudimentary teambuilder skills.
    I can help you with team building. VM me.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

        Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

  24. #3149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 10151993 View Post
    do we have a databank of compitivte movesets?
    Only if you want to count the POTW. Even then, Smogon's analyses (which can be found here) offer a better database of competitive movesets.

  25. #3150
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,478

Page 126 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •