Page 152 of 247 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Default Trick Room

I'm using a Starmie as a Trick Room Pokemon. It works since it's a dream Starmie. I want to know what EV spread I should use. It will be a Trick Room and a Dual Screener. So what do you think? Please quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I'm using a Starmie as a Trick Room Pokemon. It works since it's a dream Starmie. I want to know what EV spread I should use. It will be a Trick Room and a Dual Screener. So what do you think? Please quote.
    Honestly is not a very effcient idea, since Starmie is very slow you gonna need a nature that hinders speed, and using trick room will just make Analityc useless because the boost activates if you attack last and trick room would make you go first, unless you mean having a fast Starmie that uses Trick room to always go last, still Starmie is too frail and it won´t take too many hits even with Dual Screen support
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Bad idea. It's only slightly bulky, unlike other TR users. Analytic won't work if it's a dual screener, there would only be one attacking move, unless you decide to use recover.

Starmie wouldn't be so good if it weren't for it's speed, off all things to remove, why that?

Anyway, it has dual screens? Not just one?
    /Looks it up.

Edit: Looks like I've got a new dual screener for wi-fi doubles.

Why not try Reuniclus to set up TR? More bulk and more power. Slowking can use it well with Nasty Plot+Trick room. Porygon2 is good for preparing TR for teammates.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

When you EV train, and your pokemon is holding an exp.share, does the pokemon with the exp.share gains the EVs or not?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEspeon14 View Post
    When you EV train, and your pokemon is holding an exp.share, does the pokemon with the exp.share gains the EVs or not?
    Yes any pokemon that gains Exp will get EVs, and the EVs will not be dived if the pokemon gave 2 EVs then all the pokemon that won Exp will get those 2 Evs, unless that any of the is holding an item that boost the EVs you get, in that case that or those pokemon will get the Evs with their respective boost
    My Friend Safari:

Another EV question
    So if Pokemon A has a power bracer and pokemon B has the exp.share, and if Pokemon A killed a patrat, does pokemon B gain 1 EV in attack or 5 EV in attack?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEspeon14 View Post
    Another EV question
    So if Pokemon A has a power bracer and pokemon B has the exp.share, and if Pokemon A killed a patrat, does pokemon B gain 1 EV in attack or 5 EV in attack?
    Pokemon B only gets one, since it's not holding the power item, sadly.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Ok, so i have a question now. *gasp*. I've made this team that has been very succesful for me, but i keep testing out pokes for the fifth slot and none seem to work quite right. Any help?

1. Sp. def skarmory
    2. Standard Wall Gastrodon
    3. Scarf Darmanitan
    4. Speed boost physical sharpedo
    5. Sub + 3 atks gengar
    6.????

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    Honestly is not a very effcient idea, since Starmie is very slow you gonna need a nature that hinders speed, and using trick room will just make Analityc useless because the boost activates if you attack last and trick room would make you go first, unless you mean having a fast Starmie that uses Trick room to always go last, still Starmie is too frail and it won´t take too many hits even with Dual Screen support
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Bad idea. It's only slightly bulky, unlike other TR users. Analytic won't work if it's a dual screener, there would only be one attacking move, unless you decide to use recover.

Starmie wouldn't be so good if it weren't for it's speed, off all things to remove, why that?

Anyway, it has dual screens? Not just one?
    /Looks it up.

Edit: Looks like I've got a new dual screener for wi-fi doubles.

Why not try Reuniclus to set up TR? More bulk and more power. Slowking can use it well with Nasty Plot+Trick room. Porygon2 is good for preparing TR for teammates.
    It has to be a Water-Type. My friend and I are making type specific teams. I'm using a water team and he's using an Electric team. There are three dual screeners that are water tpes, Wash Rotom, Starmie, and Manaphy. Then the only one of the three that can also use Trick Room is Starmie. I really don't care about only having one move since after it's set up everything, it's main purpose is to deal as much damage as possible So, again...

WHAT IS THE BEST EV SPREAD FOR MY STARMIE

It has to be a Water-Type. My friend and I are making type specific teams. I'm using a water team and he's using an Electric team. There are three dual screeners that are water tpes, Wash Rotom, Starmie, and Manaphy. Then the only one of the three that can also use Trick Room is Starmie. I really don't care about only having one move since after it's set up everything, it's main purpose is to deal as much damage as possible So, again...

WHAT IS THE BEST EV SPREAD FOR MY STARMIE
    252 Hp/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 Def

you don´t need Speed since you are abussing Trick Room, and you can get the analityc boost
    My Friend Safari:

Will Moxie Salamence be legal with Dragon Dance? It was just released. Dragon Dance is an egg move, so if my understanding is correct, you need to be able to have female Bagons, right?

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

Quote Originally Posted by complete legitimacy View Post
    Will Moxie Salamence be legal with Dragon Dance? It was just released. Dragon Dance is an egg move, so if my understanding is correct, you need to be able to have female Bagons, right?
    Correct then you will be able to breed fr Dragon Dance, sadly you won´t be able to pass outrage
    My Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    Correct then you will be able to breed fr Dragon Dance, sadly you won´t be able to pass outrage
    On the topic of DW Salamence, how long do you guys think it'll take PO to update the Wifi OU tier? I'd like to test one out, but not in the DW tier if I can help it.

i don't know when they would update it but it would be really good to try out.

But does anyone know if there are female Bagons available? I was aware that Salamence would lose Outrage, since it is a 4th gen tutor move. But if there are female Bagons, available, then Mence will still have access to DD.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

So if i get a DW ditto the onlyt hing i need is 31 hp ivs and 252 hp evS?
    3ds FC 1048 8280 0964 IGN Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by complete legitimacy View Post
    But does anyone know if there are female Bagons available? I was aware that Salamence would lose Outrage, since it is a 4th gen tutor move. But if there are female Bagons, available, then Mence will still have access to DD.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10151993 View Post
    So if i get a DW ditto the onlyt hing i need is 31 hp ivs and 252 hp evS?
    Yes to both questions
    My Friend Safari:

Default Dealing with Scrafty

OK, i'm having a lot of trouble here with my friend's moxy scrafty+speed boost ninjask combo.

How every friggin battle seems to go against this:
    1. Lead Ninjask+focus sash
    2. Swords dance vs. KO move(if i dont try to KO it then he wont baton pass till it's down a hit or two)
    3. protect for 2nd(possibly 3rd) speed boost (i tried to feint it but not enough damage to finish it)
    4. Baton Pass into scrafty+shell bell
    5. Everything i have gets one hit by either night slash or high jump kick

I've tried buffing my stuff w/ defense and evasion but to no avail. i've tried 1 hitting it on the anticipated baton pass, but the scrafty's defense seems insane because i can't seem to 1hko the scrafty.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Nine Ninetales, each has nine tales and nine tails.

Quote Originally Posted by MiltankMaster View Post
    OK, i'm having a lot of trouble here with my friend's moxy scrafty+speed boost ninjask combo.

How every friggin battle seems to go against this:
    1. Lead Ninjask+focus sash
    2. Swords dance vs. KO move(if i dont try to KO it then he wont baton pass till it's down a hit or two)
    3. protect for 2nd(possibly 3rd) speed boost (i tried to feint it but not enough damage to finish it)
    4. Baton Pass into scrafty+shell bell
    5. Everything i have gets one hit by either night slash or high jump kick

I've tried buffing my stuff w/ defense and evasion but to no avail. i've tried 1 hitting it on the anticipated baton pass, but the scrafty's defense seems insane because i can't seem to 1hko the scrafty.
    Any suggestions?
    Taunt lead and Phazing move, easy as that
    My Friend Safari:

K thanks, but what if he chooses to go straight scrafty? say i get through the ninjask just fine and prevent the set up on the scrafty, it's defence is still really rough to get through. do i have to spray and pray with no guard-machamp+dynamic punch? i feel like even without the speed i can't bring it down.
    I have Nine Ninetales, each has nine tales and nine tails.

Conkeldur can easily kill Scrafty, also Machamp
    My Friend Safari:

Can anyone name any good wall breakers. I thought archeops would do well but are there any more

Quote Originally Posted by reddog95 View Post
    Can anyone name any good wall breakers. I thought archeops would do well but are there any more
    Not only Ofensive pokemon can do it also other can, with the move taunt you usally ruin most walls and if you can inflic them with a satus you ruin them even more, but it all depend on what kind of walls you are trying to beat
    My Friend Safari:

I'd really like a Pokemon that can take down both physical and special walls

Quote Originally Posted by reddog95 View Post
    I'd really like a Pokemon that can take down both physical and special walls
    A good mixed attacker might do or a stall breaker.

For mixed attacker Lucario, Cloyster and Salamence comes to my mind, for Stall Breaker something that can taunt then put a satus (Burn or Toxic) and heal it self should be good eneough
    My Friend Safari:

Page 152 of 247 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast