Page 167 of 247 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Whats the Best Accuracy Boosting Item? I want to run sleep powder on a clorophyl Venasaur but i would like to know it has good accuracy.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Whats the Best Accuracy Boosting Item? I want to run sleep powder on a clorophyl Venasaur but i would like to know it has good accuracy.
    The "best" accuracy boosting item is the Zoom Lens which increases accuracy by 20% but you have to move last to get that boost, the Wide Lens always boosts 10% accuracy so in this case were Venasaur is going to abuse Sun I would use Wide Lens
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

For Venusaur, I'd just deal with the somewhat mediocre accuracy, and give it a item it can abuse more effectively, such as a Life Orb, or Leftovers.

Sorry for asking so many questions... But if I am trying to raise a bulky Togekiss, which should I choose?
    Bold
    Modest
    Timid
    If it helps, this will be it's moveset.
    Roost
    Nasty Plot
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    ...with lots of bacon and happiness!

What's a good moveset, nature and EVs for a Houndoom with Substitute/Petaya Berry.?

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I have a challenge for skilled team-builders: Is there any one out there that can build a team using both Latios and Latias (Soul Dew is allowed)? If so, it would be much appreciated.
    There was a party of mathematical functions. All of the famous functions were there. Some of them decided to hang out together, such as sine, cosine, tangent, and secant, but there was only one function all alone.
    ix^2 went over to talk to the lonesome function and asked him why he didn't integrate himself. The function replied, "I could, but it wouldn't make any difference. I'm e^x."

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    What's a good moveset, nature and EVs for a Houndoom with Substitute/Petaya Berry.?
    Try this one:
    Houndoom (Hasty/Naive) @Petaya Berry Life Orb
    100 Atk HP/ 184 SpA / 224 Spe
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Sucker Punch Nasty Plot
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Dark Pulse
    Options in yellow are if you should decide not to use a Petaya Berry, since it isn't one of the best items.
    ...with lots of bacon and happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Togekiss View Post
    Sorry for asking so many questions... But if I am trying to raise a bulky Togekiss, which should I choose?
    Bold
    Modest
    Timid
    If it helps, this will be it's moveset.
    Roost
    Nasty Plot
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    I would just go for timid, the extra speed boost might make you fast enough for a needed roost you otherwise might not have

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by El Hombre View Post
    What would be a good layout for an Anti-Lead Sceptile? (Moves, Ability, EV's, etc)?
    I really like the first one here. Would that be good? This moveset is from 4th Gen, so if anyone else thinks they have a better anti-lead Sceptile set...

Use the unburden gem sets... Something like

sceptile @ grass gem
    adamant/jolly
    unburden
    252 Att | 252 speed | 4 HP
    -leaf blade
    -earthquake
    -rock slide
    -swords dance

something along these lines. And hitmonlee can abuse unburden with ease since he has access to fake out + normal gem.

Hi! I'm new to this competitive battle thing and I just started doing WIFI battles on my DS recently and looking at some of the competitive rules on the forums, I've read that Blaziken and Garchomp are banned and wanted to know why?

Those are kinda 2 of my strongest pokemon, so I was just wondering why they banned them.

Also, would a team with Wobbuffet, Snorlax, Milotic and Blissley would be good for double battles?

My current team is formed mostly of speed glass cannons, but I want to try a team composed of bulky pokemon just for fun.

I'm still learning, so I hope my questions aren't that dumb. XD

3DS FC: 4210-5400-0584

Blaziken and Garchomp are banned for being completely broken and are put in the Uber tier for such a reason.
    Generic Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Red Antares View Post
    Hi! I'm new to this competitive battle thing and I just started doing WIFI battles on my DS recently and looking at some of the competitive rules on the forums, I've read that Blaziken and Garchomp are banned and wanted to know why?

Those are kinda 2 of my strongest pokemon, so I was just wondering why they banned them.
    Garchomp was banned in part because of his incredible power paired with Sand Veil. So few things could switch in on Garchomp, but what pushed him over the edge to broken was Sand Veil. Its not uncommon to watch Garchomp laugh in the face of Ice Beams that just won't hit. He easily destroys pretty much everything with Swords Dance / Earthquake / Outrage / fire move.

Blaziken was banned because of Flare Blitz / Hi Jump Kick / Protect / Swords Dance utterly destroying nearly every single possible switch in. Even worse in sun! Even things like Gyarados / Salamence were OHKOed by +2 Hi Jump Kick.

Also, would a team with Wobbuffet, Snorlax, Milotic and Blissley would be good for double battles?

My current team is formed mostly of speed glass cannons, but I want to try a team composed of bulky pokemon just for fun.

I'm still learning, so I hope my questions aren't that dumb. XD
    Snorlax is ok but the rest of them suck in doubles. I don't have much advice to give because I'm lazy.. maybe one of the Video Game Championship people here will help you!

It's about how many things can switch into another pokemon's attacks and still KO it. Speed Boost Blaziken becomes faster than pretty much everything else and has the power to wipe full teams that don't have someone with Aqua Jest or Slowbro. Garchomp is faster than most Dragons that want to switch into a Ground attack (they would be hit by a Dragon attack) and Steels that want to switch into a Dragon attack (they would be killed by Ground attacks). Things faster than it like Starmie and Froslass are pretty frail and are unlikely to survive after switching.
    I wouldn't recommend Wobby for Doubles because it will have trouble guessing if it should use Counter or Mirror Coat because of the dual opponents. Snorlax might qualify with Rock Slide, Milotic with Surf, but Blissey seems a little unnecessary. Most Doubles strategies revolve around using attacks that hit multiple pokemon, like Surf, Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Heat Wave.

I have claimed Giratina

Though Blissy can recover teammates with heal pulse.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Though Blissy can recover teammates with heal pulse.
    Touche, touche.

I have claimed Giratina

Thanks a lot guys!

I see now... now I know why my Blaziken was steamrolling pokes in double battles with Sunny Day. xD
    As for Garchomp, I've never used him with sandstorm online but I can see the power of that if done correctly. O_O

Oh well, I'll try breeding some of them and try different combinations to see what I come up with, thanks again for all the help!

3DS FC: 4210-5400-0584

Right now I'm constructing my first BPing team, and I can't decide whether between Belly Dance/Ingrain/Spider Web on my smeargle. Spore and BP are a must on the set.

I'm thinking of actually putting two smeargles on my team, would that be a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Right now I'm constructing my first BPing team, and I can't decide whether between Belly Dance/Ingrain/Spider Web on my smeargle. Spore and BP are a must on the set.

I'm thinking of actually putting two smeargles on my team, would that be a bad idea?
    Species clause would prevent the use of two smeargles, and it's a standard rule.

Anyway, if it's a baton pass chain, attack boost are better off from pokemon like Gliscor who can take a few hits, or ninjask who can boost other stats at the same time.

I'd give Smeargle Dragon Dance, Substitute, or Rock Polish.

Not a single BP chain I've fought has used spider web or mean look this gen, as they can't be baton passed anymore, so don't use that.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Species clause would prevent the use of two smeargles, and it's a standard rule.

Anyway, if it's a baton pass chain, attack boost are better off from pokemon like Gliscor who can take a few hits, or ninjask who can boost other stats at the same time.

I'd give Smeargle Dragon Dance, Substitute, or Rock Polish.

Not a single BP chain I've fought has used spider web or mean look this gen, as they can't be baton passed anymore, so don't use that.
    Ohh, I completely forgot about species clause.

But thanks lol.

I'm conflicted.

Is it true a Pokemon who only had 1 ability in Gen 3 has a 50% chance of getting it's secondary ability if it got one in gen 4 through Evolution?

If so, then it should be 50% possible to get an ExtremeSpeed Gluttony Linoone right?

I've been told yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I'm conflicted.

Is it true a Pokemon who only had 1 ability in Gen 3 has a 50% chance of getting it's secondary ability if it got one in gen 4 through Evolution?

If so, then it should be 50% possible to get an ExtremeSpeed Gluttony Linoone right?

I've been told yes and no.
    From what I read, yes.
    From what I understand, even the Pokemon that has one ability can still be set with ability 0 (first ability) and ability 1 (second ability), of course it doesn't matter for Pokemon that has one ability. After sending it to the new games, the game updates it when the Pokemon evolve.
    If this wasnt true, then the Machamp with Mimic and No Guards that I have seen are hacks since Mimic is a FireRed/LeafGreen move tutor and No Guard is a new ability in Gen4.

This is a signature.

That is Ran.

Yeah, it's true.

I've got a magic guard Clefable with seismic toss and softboiled on my SS game. I taught it those moves myself as well.

Are Smogon's EV spreads formulated with the assumption that the Pokemon you are using has flawless IVs?

I want to make sure my Vaporeon has equal defensive stats. It has 31 Defense IVs, but only 16 in Special Defense, so I need to know if I need to shift some of the Defense IVs into Special Defense.
    Jake

3DS FC: 1693-1739-4807

Quote Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
    Are Smogon's EV spreads formulated with the assumption that the Pokemon you are using has flawless IVs?

I want to make sure my Vaporeon has equal defensive stats. It has 31 Defense IVs, but only 16 in Special Defense, so I need to know if I need to shift some of the Defense IVs into Special Defense.
    Yes, they assume all IVs are flawless. However, they often suggest Hidden Powers that involve using 30s, but with the exception of Speed it's not that dramatic unless there's some move you got to be able to absorb. A few times though they recommend 0 speed IVs for Trick Room and Gyro Ball users, but they're clearly marked.

Keep in mind they're usually used in simulators, and if given the option no battler would stick to random IVs.

I have claimed Giratina

Page 167 of 247 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast