Page 168 of 246 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
    Are Smogon's EV spreads formulated with the assumption that the Pokemon you are using has flawless IVs?

I want to make sure my Vaporeon has equal defensive stats. It has 31 Defense IVs, but only 16 in Special Defense, so I need to know if I need to shift some of the Defense IVs into Special Defense.
    Yes, they are calculated assuming flawless IVs. In your specific case, since Vaporeon's Defense is lower than its Special Defense, assuming a neutral nature (neutral towards Defense and Special Defense that is; not neutral like Hardy or Serious or w/e), it would require 220 Defense EVs to get its Defense and Special Defense stats equal. To keep them equal beyond that point, you'd just have to keep that ratio the same; i.e. if you put four EVs into Defense, put an equal four into Special Defense, and vice versa.

I keep losing to user "cometk" he's just too good and I just can't beat him he's also cheated on me with user "EmeraldGoblin". So now i cry myself to sleep because he keeps beating me so I will never fulfil my dreams of going into the SBF hall of fame and I will never become a pokemon master.

Any advice on how to hax the hell outta him would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    I keep losing to user "cometk" he's just too good and I just can't beat him he's also cheated on me with user "EmeraldGoblin". So now i cry myself to sleep because he keeps beating me so I will never fulfil my dreams of going into the SBF hall of fame and I will never become a pokemon master.

Any advice on how to hax the hell outta him would be appreciated
    Team of 6 jirachi, or a new team/stratagy.

Hp grass or Hp Ice on joilteon? Hp grass beats water/ground, but Hp Ice beats Flying/ground.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Species clause would prevent the use of two smeargles, and it's a standard rule.

Anyway, if it's a baton pass chain, attack boost are better off from pokemon like Gliscor who can take a few hits, or ninjask who can boost other stats at the same time.

I'd give Smeargle Dragon Dance, Substitute, or Rock Polish.

Not a single BP chain I've fought has used spider web or mean look this gen, as they can't be baton passed anymore, so don't use that.
    *coughShellSmashcough*
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I'm conflicted.

Is it true a Pokemon who only had 1 ability in Gen 3 has a 50% chance of getting it's secondary ability if it got one in gen 4 through Evolution?

If so, then it should be 50% possible to get an ExtremeSpeed Gluttony Linoone right?

I've been told yes and no.
    depends on if your Zigzagoon has Ability 0, or Ability 1. If it has Ability 1, and you transfer it, and evolve it, it will gain Gluttony. Otherwise, you're stuck with Pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Yes, they are calculated assuming flawless IVs. In your specific case, since Vaporeon's Defense is lower than its Special Defense, assuming a neutral nature (neutral towards Defense and Special Defense that is; not neutral like Hardy or Serious or w/e), it would require 220 Defense EVs to get its Defense and Special Defense stats equal. To keep them equal beyond that point, you'd just have to keep that ratio the same; i.e. if you put four EVs into Defense, put an equal four into Special Defense, and vice versa.
    Thanks, I went with a 250 HP 220 Def 40 Sp. Def spread.
    Jake

3DS FC: 1693-1739-4807

I'm just getting started with the wi-fi tournaments and random battles, and I was wondering what some good movests would be for my Umbreon/Espeon combination. Both are currently lv.70. Espeon has a rash nature and knows calm mind, psyshock, psychic, and shadow ball. Umbreon has a serious nature and knows dark pulse, psychic, moonlight, and confuse ray. I'm wanting to set them up as an attack/defend combo. I would also appreciate ideas on filling out the rest of my team, the only other two I have now are Milotic and Volcarona, mainly because of Volcarona's heat wave and Milotic's marvel scale. Thanks!
    Oh, I also have an epic Aggron with Autotomize, earthquake, iron tail, and stone edge, and he's holding a float balloon. I'm trying to find a way to work him in.

Umbreon and Espeon. However, I'd recommend you take a little while to learn about natures, EV's and IV's before you get started battling. Here is a decent guide to getting started with wifi.

Substitute + Shedinja + Sturdy = unstoppable?

alright guys, ive managed to create a Sturdy Shedinja in doubles, by using Skill Swap on a Shuckle, then using Entrainment on Shedinja

ive also manged to get a Substitute Shedinja, by using Baton Pass

now i need to combine these two.. is there any way to do so? ive tried baton passing first, then entrainmenting after, but it blocks it.. can anyone think of any way to possibly sub? it doesnt have to be practical, it just has to be possible. thanks guys

^Skill swap doesn't work on shedinja. I've tried.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

youve got it wrong, skill swap is used on shuckle, Entrainment is used on shedinja, and it works. ive sucessfully done this combo.

what i really need to know is how to add sub to it

Hm...can the effects of entrainment be baton passed?

Otherwise, I don't think it's possible.

How does Celebi learn Nasty Plot?

It gets it from the WIN2011 Event i'm pretty sure.

What are some of the main, reliable stallbreakers in OU? Are there any Ghost-types of note that can perform this role aside from Jellicent?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    What are some of the main, reliable stallbreakers in OU? Are there any Ghost-types of note that can perform this role aside from Jellicent?
    Gengar can stall break very well with this move set

Gengar @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Levitate
    4 HP 252 Sp Atk 252 Speed
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Substitute
    -Disable

Disable is really the key selling point in this set, being drastically improved this Gen by being given 100 accuracy, and can ruin pokes that rely on one attacking move, or pokes that spam moves like Wish or Recover, allowing you to kill them much easier. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast get 100% neutral coverage together, and Substitute blocks status and Pursuit, both of which would destroy Gengar.

what's s good set to use in OU with a Calm nature Latias?

okay, so just wondering if anyone knows.. do the effects of gravity come into effect the same turn it's activated, or beginning of next?
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    okay, so just wondering if anyone knows.. do the effects of gravity come into effect the same turn it's activated, or beginning of next?
    At the turn it's used, to be specific as soon as the move is used all Pokemon lose their Gorund inmunnity and lose 20% of evasiveness
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by BugZ View Post
    what's s good set to use in OU with a Calm nature Latias?
    Clam Mind + Recover sounds decent, assuming you're stuck with it. It's actually the tougher one for me to beat.

I have claimed Giratina

is it worth using Jutified on Absol? you can still get Superpower but what I mean is if the ability is better than it's previous gens abilites?
    My Friend Safari:

What kind of stats make for good special bulk on a Ghost type? In terms of totals, I mean, not base stats. Smogon gives Sableye 304 HP and defenses around 220 as the best bulk to aim for (outside of the Calm Mind set), but I expect that's still pretty subpar in general. So that's why I'm asking: what would decent special bulk stats look like?

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    What kind of stats make for good special bulk on a Ghost type? In terms of totals, I mean, not base stats. Smogon gives Sableye 304 HP and defenses around 220 as the best bulk to aim for (outside of the Calm Mind set), but I expect that's still pretty subpar in general. So that's why I'm asking: what would decent special bulk stats look like?
    just take a look at Jellicent

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    is it worth using Jutified on Absol? you can still get Superpower but what I mean is if the ability is better than it's previous gens abilites?
    could definitely be useful on a Choice Scarf set, he also resists Dark type moves allowing him to maximize the abilities of Justified, and Pressure also isnt very good for him so i would say Justified is the better option

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    I would say that besides Jellicent (and not taking Giratina into account as it is an Uber) Eviolite Dusclops and Cofagrigus have the 2nd and 3rd best Special bulk out of all ghost

Quote Originally Posted by BugZ View Post
    could definitely be useful on a Choice Scarf set, he also resists Dark type moves allowing him to maximize the abilities of Justified, and Pressure also isnt very good for him so i would say Justified is the better option
    Yeah, maybe now I was soft resseting and got a good Absol with DW ability and Superpower, but this one is Jolly, which made me think about using it to Outspeed same Base Speed pokemon with neutral nature for Speed without rellying on Sucker Punch and mayeb hope to pull a switch into something that can activate my Justified ability, is this Jolly Absol worth using?
    My Friend Safari:

^Yeah, it is, I think. I'll bet it'll be better adamant, but with swords dance, the difference won't be too terribly dramatic.

Page 168 of 246 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast