Page 174 of 247 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SpD

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SpD
    Max / Almost max attack, u just gave me the bulky SD set off smogon... with 4 evs from hp to sp def.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

If you want max HP, and max Atk, just use the 248 HP / 252 Atk set <_<

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    If you want max HP, and max Atk, just use the 248 HP / 252 Atk set <_<
    I dont though, I want it more angled onto special defence. Physical attacks arent a problem, its those casual thunderbolts / surfs I wanna setup. Not max hp, I need a good blend of hp and sp def.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Kalslaffin View Post
    that would give you 3 pokes weak to dark and ghost right there if you swapped in Slowbro. Bisharp runs through those 3. Keep Wash

BISHARP! oh crap...Thank you as I had forgotten about him, though Gar has a fighting move and as doubles it's unlikely all three will be rolling together.

I still need to know how to actually LAUNCH TR without getting offed first...other than the Slow - which might not be joining after all - the easiest (least disruptive) one to put it on would be Exeggutor....

::shakes head:: It was built to include the most types possible, while minimizing weaknesses, with the greatest coverage in moves possible. Someone pointed out that 4/6 do well in TR, 3 of those plus 1 of the remaining each hit 12+ types for SE.

Full team is in sig, but again my big issue is that my TR launcher somehow always winds up getting offed before it can get TR up. How on earth do I launch it?

edit

Quote Originally Posted by 123fakestreet View Post
    I dont though, I want it more angled onto special defence. Physical attacks arent a problem, its those casual thunderbolts / surfs I wanna setup. Not max hp, I need a good blend of hp and sp def.
    Another from Smogon, but it might fit what you're looking for: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD

Assuming flawless, your spread gives 175/200/120/67/100/87 @50
    this spread gives 170/172/120/67/132/85 @50 though you pretty much MUST have technician for it.

if you insist on the 87 spe you could get it with EV12 Spe (you do lose 1 spe @ 100, though), it has 10 resistances and only 1 weakness (Fire). 162 SD/0 Df gives it equal DF/SD at 50 and 100. Maybe:

200HP/132AT/162SD/16 Spe (edit: perfect 510, too!)
    170/183/120/67/120/87 @ 50
    331/361/236/131/236/170 @ 100
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Full team is in sig, but again my big issue is that my TR launcher somehow always winds up getting offed before it can get TR up. How on earth do I launch it?
    If the problem is taunt, try the mental herb. If the problem is being KOed, use a bulky pokemon to set it up and/or get a teammate with fake out to stun a pokemon as it sets it up.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    If the problem is taunt, try the mental herb. If the problem is being KOed, use a bulky pokemon to set it up and/or get a teammate with fake out to stun a pokemon as it sets it up.
    It's just in general....mostly KO, though ::sigh::

Willing to swap someone, but the incoming can't be something that screams "I'm a TR!" (hence Slowbro)

Should be something with half a chance in hades of surviving a double rock slide on the first turn (VGC, again: slowbro since it has high DF)

Not running FO even though I have a Weavile (I know, I know...don't bash me over it that's just the way it is). Rock Slide might flinch, but it's on Rhyperior :P

Mental Herb might be an option for Gar, except if I give her TR I have to rework her entire set and I'm not sure I'm up for that this late in the planning. Herb is not an option on Harvest Eggy. Taunt was really nasty in singles, but I don't think it'll be an issue at VGC.

I'm very straightforward in my style: smack them down and do it as quick as possible. I don't do weather, Choice, or anything else odd like that. As a rule I don't do TR either, but the comments I got made sense so I figured I'd at least look into the possibility. Obviously I've been running it wrong or I'd be able to make it work; I just can't find any how-to on doing it right :P

One option is pulling Washtom and Gar (ouch!) in favor of Bro and maybe Eel. Keeps a bulky water, keeps a STAB electric, adds a defensive TR, adds the possibility of Magic Room, adds an actual scout. Gar just has such versatility and I worked so hard on her already, it hurts to think of losing her. I have to check, but I think I have a DW Slowpoke which would be another vote in that direction.

Again: the main question is "How do you successfully run a TR team?" (read: get the fool thing to launch)

I'll worry about team issues in my RMT thread
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

If you have a Compoundeyes Galvantua use Thunder in the sun, is the accuracy reduced? And can he run a decent physical set at all?

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    If you have a Compoundeyes Galvantua use Thunder in the sun, is the accuracy reduced? And can he run a decent physical set at all?
    Question 1: Under sun, it would be around 65% accuracy iirc. The boost from compoundeyes is multiplicative, not additive.
    Question 2: Not really, it's Base attack is 77 or something, and it's strongest non-Giga Impact physical move is rock climb(BP wise), with X-Scissor being it's only good STAB. You'd definitely want to run a special set instead. He does get sucker punch though, which is worth running sometimes.
    EDIT: I forgot it also gets wild charge, but it still doesn't have many options or the stats to back a physical set up. I suppose if you REALLY wanted too, you could run a band set, but I don't recommend it. Then again, what do I know?

I need a specially defensive tank that is physically offensive, and resists Water, Ice, and preferably Grass. Resisting Grass would be useful, but it has to at least resist Water and Ice. Any suggestions? This would be in OU.

Alternatively, that's just the current gap in my team as I see it, but can anyone make a suggestion on something to help round off my team instead of the above? I have a Scarf Latios, CB Mamoswine, Defensive Gliscor, Specs Rotom-C and a SR Air Balloon tank Heatran. Whatever this is would potentially be replacing a purely physical LO Infernape.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    It's just in general....mostly KO, though ::sigh::

Willing to swap someone, but the incoming can't be something that screams "I'm a TR!" (hence Slowbro)

Should be something with half a chance in hades of surviving a double rock slide on the first turn (VGC, again: slowbro since it has high DF)

Not running FO even though I have a Weavile (I know, I know...don't bash me over it that's just the way it is). Rock Slide might flinch, but it's on Rhyperior :P

Mental Herb might be an option for Gar, except if I give her TR I have to rework her entire set and I'm not sure I'm up for that this late in the planning. Herb is not an option on Harvest Eggy. Taunt was really nasty in singles, but I don't think it'll be an issue at VGC.

I'm very straightforward in my style: smack them down and do it as quick as possible. I don't do weather, Choice, or anything else odd like that. As a rule I don't do TR either, but the comments I got made sense so I figured I'd at least look into the possibility. Obviously I've been running it wrong or I'd be able to make it work; I just can't find any hQuow-to on doing it right :P

One option is pulling Washtom and Gar (ouch!) in favor of Bro and maybe Eel. Keeps a bulky water, keeps a STAB electric, adds a defensive TR, adds the possibility of Magic Room, adds an actual scout. Gar just has such versatility and I worked so hard on her already, it hurts to think of losing her. I have to check, but I think I have a DW Slowpoke which would be another vote in that direction.

Again: the main question is "How do you successfully run a TR team?" (read: get the fool thing to launch)

I'll worry about team issues in my RMT thread
    Some suggestions on a effective "non super obvious" trick roomer are: Reuncilus, Uxie, Dusclops, and Whimsicott. All of them can set up well, all arent negatively effected by it, and all can take physical hits with ease. I put Whimsicott as a suggestion just to add some different typing to your team. Id probably go with Reuncilus though personally through experience, but Uxie can also be a heal beller and get free switches with an effective use of U-Turn. Dusclops can burn/toxic stall, Reuniclus can hit hard, and Whimsicott can, pretty much do whatever. Idk, just some suggestions.
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    I need a specially defensive tank that is physically offensive, and resists Water, Ice, and preferably Grass. Resisting Grass would be useful, but it has to at least resist Water and Ice. Any suggestions? This would be in OU.

Alternatively, that's just the current gap in my team as I see it, but can anyone make a suggestion on something to help round off my team instead of the above? I have a Scarf Latios, CB Mamoswine, Defensive Gliscor, Specs Rotom-C and a SR Air Balloon tank Heatran. Whatever this is would potentially be replacing a purely physical LO Infernape.
    "Empoleon", it can run physical sets and has good Sp. Def but also resist water and ice, also since you have Gliscro on your team, together they make a good defensive core, together they either resist or are inmune to every type except for grass, the only problem is that Empoleon lack an efficient recovery move, so rest is your only option, but again the type coverage (defensively) that they provide toghether is amazing
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Planning on a sun team for the 2012 International Challenge thing and I would be expecting a good number of weather teams. I'm wondering how effective would it be to carry a Prankster that knows Sunny Day to get rid of rain/sandstorm/hail. I'll be planning to have a Ninetales for the sun but incase of encountering Politoed/Tyranitar/Abomasnow (Ninetales won't be winning the first turn for weather because of speed and doesn't seem to be a bright idea switching in just for the weather), would Sunny Day do the job?

Quote Originally Posted by GokuRikaku View Post
    Planning on a sun team for the 2012 International Challenge thing and I would be expecting a good number of weather teams. I'm wondering how effective would it be to carry a Prankster that knows Sunny Day to get rid of rain/sandstorm/hail. I'll be planning to have a Ninetales for the sun but incase of encountering Politoed/Tyranitar/Abomasnow (Ninetales won't be winning the first turn for weather because of speed and doesn't seem to be a bright idea switching in just for the weather), would Sunny Day do the job?
    Perhaps, but you've got to make sure that you're not using a waste of a pokemon.

Actually, now that I think about it more, sunny day sounds like a good idea, even though I don't know much about doubles.

Would V-Create be a good idea at all on Rayquaza? I was thinking of using it on a sun team to do some extra damage

Quote Originally Posted by reddog95 View Post
    Would V-Create be a good idea at all on Rayquaza? I was thinking of using it on a sun team to do some extra damage
    From my knowledge, it's best on the choice band set, but on DD, it'd be best off using Fire Blast or Overheat because they don't ruin it's speed.

Remember that Rayquaza's ability kills the effects from weather. So unless you disable that ability, Rayquaza won't be getting that sun boost if thats what you are looking for.

I forgot about Air Lock. How about a Choice Band set. Would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog95 View Post
    I forgot about Air Lock. How about a Choice Band set. Would that work?
    I've heard that nothing can swap into a choice band raquaza with v-create safely.

I'm no expert at Ubers, but I'd go for this.
    Rayquaza @ Choice Band
    Adamant or Jolly
    252att/252speed
    -Outrage
    -V-create
    -Extreme Speed
    -Dragon Claw/Waterfall/Earthquake

Outrage is STAB, while V-create is nearly perfect coverage. Extreme Speed can finish off faster, weakened foes like Skymin and Mewtwo. The last move is mostly a filler. Waterfall and Earthquake are it's best ways to KO a max HP Heatran, and Dragon Claw is if you want the ability to swap out.

Thanks a lot. Luckily the rayquaza I got was adamant
    I think I'll go for waterfall. In case heatrans got an Air Balloon

Spoiler:- :

"What Pokemon would fit well on the last slot of my team?" My only real caveat is that I can't get anything from pre-BW for various reasons.

What would be the best nature for a Movie14 Victini?

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by Nebbio View Post
    What would be the best nature for a Movie14 Victini?
    Brave for Trick Room, Adamant for Choice set, Naive/Hasty for mixed
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

"What Pokemon would fit well on the last slot of my team?" My only real caveat is that I can't get anything from pre-BW for various reasons.
    Maybe a Special Wall? Either that, or another physical tank/sweeper. Without mamo, Blissey walls your face off.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

I think you should use Deoxys-D. It will help deal with your major fighting weakness.

I'm thinking

Deoxys-D@Leftovers
    Calm
    252 hp 252 spD
    Pressure
    -Spikes
    -Taunt/Toxic
    -Recover
    -Night Shade/Seismic Toss

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Page 174 of 247 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast