Page 175 of 246 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 6149

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

It doesn't really have a major fighting weakness. 2 pokemon are weak to it and two pokemon resist it. One takes it neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalslaffin View Post
    Some suggestions on a effective "non super obvious" trick roomer are: Reuncilus, Uxie, Dusclops, and Whimsicott. All of them can set up well, all arent negatively effected by it, and all can take physical hits with ease. I put Whimsicott as a suggestion just to add some different typing to your team. Id probably go with Reuncilus though personally through experience, but Uxie can also be a heal beller and get free switches with an effective use of U-Turn. Dusclops can burn/toxic stall, Reuniclus can hit hard, and Whimsicott can, pretty much do whatever. Idk, just some suggestions.

Scott...hmmm....I'm assuming Prankster for priority? Reun and Dusc follow the same issue cited previously: makes 50% team weak to dark.

Is Uxie legal for VGC? If so that might just have some possibilities...even outside of TR O_O

One possible rebuild is Almomola or Milotic over WashTom (now that I finally got a Timid with DF/SA/SD/Spe=31 :P)....with Rhyperior having such a high speed IV I should probably just wait for the opposition to set TR and then take advantage of it with the teammates. Rhy is primary lead and if I set TR I may wind up shooting myself in the foot (Ttar ::cough:: ).

The single biggest threat to my team looks to be Tailwind. Who are the most common Windbags other than Zapdos?
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    Scott...hmmm....I'm assuming Prankster for priority? Reun and Dusc follow the same issue cited previously: makes 50% team weak to dark.

Is Uxie legal for VGC? If so that might just have some possibilities...even outside of TR O_O

One possible rebuild is Almomola or Milotic over WashTom (now that I finally got a Timid with DF/SA/SD/Spe=31 :P)....with Rhyperior having such a high speed IV I should probably just wait for the opposition to set TR and then take advantage of it with the teammates. Rhy is primary lead and if I set TR I may wind up shooting myself in the foot (Ttar ::cough:: ).

The single biggest threat to my team looks to be Tailwind. Who are the most common Windbags other than Zapdos?
    Whimsicott and tornadus are good users of tailwind. Watch out for them, since they have priority to go with it.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Are there any servers on PO that have at least moderately active Clear Skies tiers? The one on the main server has literally no one searching in it. I can't take the damn weather anymore, man. I don't even care if it's English speaking; I just hate fighting sand/rain stall for the gazillionth time...

Well i can never find any Clear Skies matches where ever i go. You best bet would be going to something that usually has quite a few people in it otherwise, any other server won't likely have many people playing it.

I have a question also. I'm planing on making a full substitute team. I'm not worried if it will work or not, just want some ideas for some good pokemon who can use substitute. Physical or special pokemon.

I have a question also. I'm planing on making a full substitute team. I'm not worried if it will work or not, just want some ideas for some good pokemon who can use substitute. Physical or special pokemon.
    Gengar almost always carries substitute. There is also substitute+dragon dance Gyrados and Dragonite, and Parashuffle Dragonite off the top of my head.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Are there any viable pokemon who can run a substitute set that isn't exactly standard. Like i was talking to Fakestreet last night about a Sub Scizor.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Are there any viable pokemon who can run a substitute set that isn't exactly standard. Like i was talking to Fakestreet last night about a Sub Scizor.
    All pokemon that cause switches will make good sub ubers, I have used sub mamoswine to great effect because of its threatening ice shard and myriad of pokemon in OU 4x weak to ice. The general rule is whatever poke the opponent needs to switch out from can utilise subs.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Ok, that helps. Thanks, i'll ponder on that.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Zapdos with Roost and Wash-Rotom sub really well.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Nebbio View Post
    What would be the best nature for a Movie14 Victini?
    Brave HP Ice, Naive / Hasty HP Ice, or Adamant / Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Wasn't the whole point of the Movie 14 Victini that it got V-Create? Why would a Victini with V-Create ever run a special or mixed set (i.e. need a specific Hidden Power)?

use brave with 252att/252??/4??

fusion bolt
    v-create
    trick room
    u-turn

dont use mixed with v-create it isnt worth it run trick room

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, asb button to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

How come Red Card isn't used more often? It seems like a good idea, but I've never heard of anyone actually using it.
    Bisharp is my loyal knight. Fear him.

It has reasons why it isn't used more. It doesn't really help to much on any sets pokemon use. the best way to use it is probably on stall teams so pokemon can set up rocks. it can be useful on some sweepers but kind of depends on the situation. Leftovers is usually a superior item over it because it is more gimmicky than others.

thank 4 sharing

What is the best nature for the recent Mewtwo event?(thanks for the help with Victini by the way)

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

timid (speed)or modest (power) i suggest timid
    your welcome

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, asb button to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by OverpoweredScizor View Post
    How come Red Card isn't used more often? It seems like a good idea, but I've never heard of anyone actually using it.
    Red card is terrible. Ok so your Gastrodon switched in on my Politoed? Oh hey your Red Card just made my Breloom switch in!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebbio View Post
    What is the best nature for the recent Mewtwo event?(thanks for the help with Victini by the way)
    Timid, always Timid. Otherwise it's outsped by Arceus, Darkrai, and Skymin

tornadus, zapdos, scott....eyeballs on, thanks bunches!

for Sub try a Stallicute. I have 2 options listed for my VGC team:

Exeggutor Modest @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Harvest
    EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe

-Substitute
    -Giga Drain
    -Psyshock/Psychic
    -Sludge Bomb

*Sitrus-Harvest Stallicute developed on the forums. 96 is the bare minimum he needs to have a shot at launching Sub, which he pretty much needs to stay alive; Picked Modest as AT is expendable on this guy, while the defenses really aren't - considered Mild and Calm. Psyshock is SA that hits DF, Psychic is slightly stronger and reduces SD, both get STAB. SB wears opponents down. SE to 9, potentially walled by Steel; 4x weak to Bug.

(see RMT for EV math)

Alternate Egg (blatant Stall):

Exeggutor @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Harvest
    Nature: Bol... Serious
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

- Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
    - Psyshock
    - Rest
    - Substitute

Only real issue here is that Leaf Storm suffers a 10% drop in accuracy and reduces Eggy's SA each use. Otherwise this thing is an absolute nightmare as a Stall! Bonus in that it's still offensive with Psyshock (which uses SA to hit DF). Sub to launch Psy and Grass unmolested, Rest in concert with GD to restore HP, and Chesto for 1st turn wake up - harvest to restore Chesto. Still will likely be best against Rain and Sand teams, but might be able to pull a trick a two in a neutral environment.

--I bred a serious that was otherwise perfect for the 1st set...someone was kind enough to tweak it to take advantage of the serious nature. EV's here are for Serious.

Still undecided on the EV spread for Rhyhorn...any advice one way or the other?

And re: bulky water

thoughts on DW Carvanha/Sharpedo to replace WashTom for VGC?
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

You need HP fire on it otherwise it gets walled by steels and bugs. Don't use Sludge bomb because it sucks.

Yeah. Sludge bomb has a stable base power and all, but it's typing is kind of bad offensively. It's only for Venasuar who don't want to be walled by dragon types.
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Wasn't the whole point of the Movie 14 Victini that it got V-Create? Why would a Victini with V-Create ever run a special or mixed set (i.e. need a specific Hidden Power)?
    Hidden Power Ice deals with Dragons

Hidden Power Ice deals with Dragons
    HP ice would reach 140 power when super effective, and not very effective V-create in the sun would be at 202 power. All it would really hit for it is Dragonite, but then there is the matter of more EVs going to attack then sp.att.

Oh, and if it's got a choice band, V-create would effectively have 303 power when NVE. It would still do more damage to Dragonite.

Page 175 of 246 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast