Page 176 of 247 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Red card is terrible. Ok so your Gastrodon switched in on my Politoed? Oh hey your Red Card just made my Breloom switch in!
    I meant as a lead...
    Bisharp is my loyal knight. Fear him.

Quote Originally Posted by OverpoweredScizor View Post
    I meant as a lead...
    Still, it's outclassed by almost all normal items.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by OverpoweredScizor View Post
    I meant as a lead...
    Well you didn't specify that and it is out classed by other items still. As BH said, it can just bring in bad switches for you team, ultimately making you lose. It is useable but very gimmicky. Other items provide better things like recovery or increased damage which helps more.

A question about pursuit on scizor. Is pursuit affected by technician when you switch out or does it just double in damage? Not sure if this is the correct place to ask.

I have two questions:
    1) Say that it's raining in a Double Battle (or any Speed-boosting weather), and the opponent's Kingdra w/Swift Swim (or any Pokemon that get speed boosts from the weather) is out there outspeeding all my Pokemon by a long shot. Getting sick of this Kingdra, I decide to switch out one of my Pokemon (any Pokemon, really) to send in my Ninetails (or any instant weather-inducer that isn't going to keep the weather the same), while having my Infernape (or any Pokemon that is naturally faster than the Pokemon without the weather-speed boost) attack with any non-priority (like Close Combat).
    Now Ninetails is out, the weather is sunny, and Infernape and Kingdra are both about to attack. However, the weather turned sunny just a few seconds ago. Who goes first: Infernape or Kingdra? (More accurately, did Kingdra lose her boost the instant the sun came up?)

2) Let's say that (in another Double Battle), everyone has decided on their moves. The opponent's Accelgor is obviously going to be faster than my Infernape. However, I have my Whimsicott w/Prankster use Cotton Spore on the opponent's Accelgor. Who will go first: Infernape or Accelgor? (More accurately, will Accelgor be affected by the Speed drop immediately, or after the turn has ended?)

Quote Originally Posted by dildadonz View Post
    A question about pursuit on scizor. Is pursuit affected by technician when you switch out or does it just double in damage? Not sure if this is the correct place to ask.
    I believe it becomes base 80 when someone switches though I could be wrong. Tbh is doesn't really matter as scizor only ever pursuits things it knows are going to switch eg choice locked latios or chandelure. Otherwise u turn would be the better option if whatever is switching isn't frail as hell.

Ok now a scizor Related question. I am going to be needing a BULKY scizor set as a U turn pivot for a team. my requirements for said set are the following.

Must be able to take both physical and special hits

Must not have life orb though leftovers are not 100% necessary

Must be able to atleast do 80% to a fleeing latios with pursuit

Would be nice to outspeed most bulky Magnezone but by no means necessary as this requires a lot of speed. Then again I don't need much attack on this. If any...

Dont give me a smogon spread either because I need this guy as a defensive pivot with u turn and roost. Tyvm in advance.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    I have two questions:
    1) Say that it's raining in a Double Battle (or any Speed-boosting weather), and the opponent's Kingdra w/Swift Swim (or any Pokemon that get speed boosts from the weather) is out there outspeeding all my Pokemon by a long shot. Getting sick of this Kingdra, I decide to switch out one of my Pokemon (any Pokemon, really) to send in my Ninetails (or any instant weather-inducer that isn't going to keep the weather the same), while having my Infernape (or any Pokemon that is naturally faster than the Pokemon without the weather-speed boost) attack with any non-priority (like Close Combat).
    Now Ninetails is out, the weather is sunny, and Infernape and Kingdra are both about to attack. However, the weather turned sunny just a few seconds ago. Who goes first: Infernape or Kingdra? (More accurately, did Kingdra lose her boost the instant the sun came up?)
    IIrc, Infernape goes first. Because the rain is no longer there, Kingdra loses it's boost. Unless Politoed swithces in on the same turn, then the weather would change from rain to sun, and then back to rain cos Politoed are typically slower than Ninetales.

2) Let's say that (in another Double Battle), everyone has decided on their moves. The opponent's Accelgor is obviously going to be faster than my Infernape. However, I have my Whimsicott w/Prankster use Cotton Spore on the opponent's Accelgor. Who will go first: Infernape or Accelgor? (More accurately, will Accelgor be affected by the Speed drop immediately, or after the turn has ended?)
    Accelgor will go first. The speed drop only come into effect on the next turn, but offense/ defence drops will occur on that same turn.
    Comments in bold

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

I also have a scizor question>.>

Should i run quick attack on my choice band technician Scizor for pokemon that resist bullet punch?
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Yes, that or pursuit.

Which would be better as a wall? Blissey or Ferrothorn? And which item would be better on Ferrothorn- Rocky Helmet or Leftovers?
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

depends on what you're trying to wall.

and leftovers is generally the better option.

Thanks, scraftyscrafty.
    In the Accelgor vs. Infernape scenario (see my earlier post), how about if Whimsicott used Stun Spore (and it hit)? Would Accelgor still go first if it had just been paralyzed?

No it wouldn't. Speed drops are applied immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonpa7 View Post
    Which would be better as a wall? Blissey or Ferrothorn? And which item would be better on Ferrothorn- Rocky Helmet or Leftovers?
    Leftovers for Ferrothorn. I've tested it myself.

As for a wall, it would really depend on your team. They both do good jobs at what they're supposed to do, but ones more of a mixed wall and one is more special.

Of course, if you choose Blissy, I'd suggest teaming it up with a Skarmory. If you choose Ferrothorn, I'd suggest teaming that up with a Jellicent. If you don't have room for two walls, try Porygon2 I guess, but two walls is generally better.
    In the Accelgor vs. Infernape scenario (see my earlier post), how about if Whimsicott used Stun Spore (and it hit)? Would Accelgor still go first if it had just been paralyzed?
    Yes. It's the way the mechanics work. The order they attack is determined before the round of the battle starts. It's impossible to change the order once the pokemon start to use their attacks.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    What's the speed priority of After You?
    +0; normal

Oops, I mis remembered...I think I was thinking of something else.

My bad.

Default Online Gyms?

Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd post it here. Does anyone know if there are any online gyms (ie, people from around the world who have formed a group of gyms for anyone to challenge) or is there anyone interested in forming one? PM me if you have details, thanks!
    Water Gym Leader Madax

Quote Originally Posted by Verus_Nox View Post
    Hey guys, I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd post it here. Does anyone know if there are any online gyms (ie, people from around the world who have formed a group of gyms for anyone to challenge) or is there anyone interested in forming one? PM me if you have details, thanks!
    How about this?

Or maybe this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Not quite what I'm looking for. I'd prefer a chain of Gyms for Trainers to take on before taking on any of those Leagues. And I'm definitely not interested in the Battle Frontier. Thanks, though
    Water Gym Leader Madax

So I'm trying to build a team around Nidoking and I'm wondering what others' thoughts are on teammates. This will be for the OU environment. The set I will be using is the following.

Name: Nidoking
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Timid
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

I'm unsure which Pokemon I should pass to him with. Venomoth is pretty fun and can add status to my team. Gorebyss is a cool candidate, but it doesn't really do anything spectacular other than pass. I could also use Smeargle since he has 100% accuracy sleep. Thoughts?
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29 View Post
    So I'm trying to build a team around Nidoking and I'm wondering what others' thoughts are on teammates. This will be for the OU environment. The set I will be using is the following.

- Earth Power
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

I'm unsure which Pokemon I should pass to him with. Venomoth is pretty fun and can add status to my team. Gorebyss is a cool candidate, but it doesn't really do anything spectacular other than pass. I could also use Smeargle since he has 100% accuracy sleep. Thoughts?
    Set looks good. Use flamethrower, fire blast is overkill and less accuracy. I think you should use gorebyss, since they have relatively good synergy, and gorebyss can be a devastating sweeper with shell smash, hydro pump, ice beam/baton pass

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

- Earth Power
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

You could also run paralysis support, together with Wish support. Jirachi is perfect candidate here. Venomoth could eventually work as well as Smeargle, but then you need spinner for them to work. I think Starmie could do well here, as a offensive pivot as well as spinner. I could eventuall talk alot here, but if you want me to help you, you can always PM me. Hope I helped a bit. ^^
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

Hey I'm trying to think of a EV spread for a Defensive Dusclops

I'm thinking 252 HP, 126 Def, 126 Sp. Def.
    You know, since Dusclops has such horrible HP and already amazing Def and Sp.Def. Or should I go with 252 Def, 252 Sp.Def, 4 HP.

- Earth Power
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Go with Flamethrower. It has a higher accuracy and you're losing your burn chance anyways so that doesn't matter.

As for partners. Baton Pass and Quiver Dance with Venomoth. You get SpAtk, SpDef, and Spd. Most of Nidoking's weaknesses are from special attacks. Most water moves, almost all psychic moves, a lot of ice moves, and Earth Power and Mud Slap. Then there's the possibility of using a Masquerain. It's slower and its defenses are only a little better, and it has a x4 weakness to Rock moves, but it has Intimidate which is good.

Then there's Volbeat which has Tail Glow and Baton Pass. Two Tail Glows, then pass, but he's a little fragile.

Gorebyss and Huntail are also good choices since they can baton pass Aqua Ring. They have high defenses, but low speeds and HPs. Other options are Floatzel who has high Speed and low Defenses with I guess an okay HP, or Vaporeon with a really good HP and okayish Defenses with the capability to pass on Acid Armor too.

One more thing you could do is a really long chain of Baton Passing, but it's annoying to do.

You want to give your Nidoking as much Sp. Atk as possible as well as Speed and HP would be useful if you're holding a Life Orb. I think you can Baton Pass Ingrain. Not sure what else. Maybe Substitute would be useful.

As for Double Battle Offensive Partners, I'd have something that covers its weaknesses. Most of yorus are covered by STAB weaknesses, but there are Psychic moves and Normal types so I'd say have something that knows Ghost Moves or Dark Moves, then Fighting moves. Having fighting moves has extra benefits since it covers five types like Ground. There's a lot of overlap though.

Page 176 of 247 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226 ... LastLast