Page 178 of 247 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    I don't think it work, but if it did you would have to be faster than the opponent so you could endure first ans stay alive.
    Endure got +4 priority.

Oh. I don't think it lets you endure if you were to get down to 1HP though.

Oh. I don't think it lets you endure if you were to get down to 1HP though.
    It does allow that.
    I've done that to protect from fake out some times.

Can a pokémon successfully use the moves protect and endure after eachother, like protect, endure, protect, endure, etc?
    Nope, I learned that the hard way.

It think it did in a previous gen, but it doesn't in gen 4 or 5.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

So I want to knwo a good partner for a Dragonite. It needs to be good or neutral in the rain and be able to tackle Dnite's major weakness: Ice. So, shoot. I'm thinking a fighting type.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    So I want to knwo a good partner for a Dragonite. It needs to be good or neutral in the rain and be able to tackle Dnite's major weakness: Ice. So, shoot. I'm thinking a fighting type.
    Keldeo might work. It can abuse the rain with its Water type and help eliminate Ice types (although nobody uses Ice Pokémon; only Ice moves).

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Keldeo might work. It can abuse the rain with its Water type and help eliminate Ice types (although nobody uses Ice Pokémon; only Ice moves).
    Thanks but I don't use Pokemon that haven't been released or Pokemon that are legendaries, I kind of think it's unfair since they have higher stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Thanks but I don't use Pokemon that haven't been released or Pokemon that are legendaries, I kind of think it's unfair since they have higher stats.
    Unreleased pokemon usually aren't allowed, but there is nothing wrong with using legendaries. Higher stats don't always mean better, typing and moves are also very important. let's take Raikou for example. It's stats are good an all, and electric typing isn't half bad, but it's not really amazing either. 115 special attack and speed are good, but it's only stat boosting move is calm mind, which is better for tanks then sweepers, and it has to use hidden power for good coverage.

Just saying.

A dragnite parter...Ferrothorn should work, it can take out most pokemon that carry ice attacks. To tell the truth, ice types are actually pretty rare in OU. Most ice moves you'll see in OU are carried by water types and donphan's ice shard. After that, it's just Cloyster and Mamoswine that have ice STAB, both of which are checked/countered by Ferrothorn.

Don't counter the type it's weak to, counter the pokemon that often carry the moves of that type.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Unreleased pokemon usually aren't allowed, but there is nothing wrong with using legendaries. Higher stats don't always mean better, typing and moves are also very important. let's take Raikou for example. It's stats are good an all, and electric typing isn't half bad, but it's not really amazing either. 115 special attack and speed are good, but it's only stat boosting move is calm mind, which is better for tanks then sweepers, and it has to use hidden power for good coverage.

Just saying.

A dragnite parter...Ferrothorn should work, it can take out most pokemon that carry ice attacks. To tell the truth, ice types are actually pretty rare in OU. Most ice moves you'll see in OU are carried by water types and donphan's ice shard. After that, it's just Cloyster and Mamoswine that have ice STAB, both of which are checked/countered by Ferrothorn.

Don't counter the type it's weak to, counter the pokemon that often carry the moves of that type.
    I'm kind of new to competititve battling so I don't know a lot of things, but thank you very much.

What pokemon is the best counter to sandstorm abusers? I would like a counter not relying on weather.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

What kind of Abusers? Rock types in Sandstorm who abuse the SpD boost? i don't what else there is, but what kind of abusers?

2 things...

1. I know DW Bulbasaur has been released, but was it male only?

2. Aside from one requiring sun and one requiring rain, is there a functional difference between Hydration and Leaf Guard? In other words, can Leafeon abuse Rest in sun the same way Vaporeon does in rain?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    2 things...

1. I know DW Bulbasaur has been released, but was it male only?

2. Aside from one requiring sun and one requiring rain, is there a functional difference between Hydration and Leaf Guard? In other words, can Leafeon abuse Rest in sun the same way Vaporeon does in rain?
    1. Bulbasaur was both male only and Japanese only, meaning that the only nicknames longer than 5 characters that it can have are "Ivysaur" and "Venusaur" and those are only obtainable by evolving it on an English game (not which letters are capital and which aren't).

2. Hydration heal status problems, leaf guard prevents them. Leafeon would not be able to do rest abuse in the sun (I tried it). It will however not be affected by any status problem that isn't self inflicted (I assume not self inflicted because it fell asleep when using rest). Example: toxic wouldn't work on a leaf guard Leafon in the sun, but if it is used before the sunny weather starts, it won't disappear due to the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    What pokemon is the best counter to sandstorm abusers? I would like a counter not relying on weather.
    I would say Virizion, both STABs are super effective against common sand abussers, not to mention is fast enough to outspeed them

What kind of Abusers? Rock types in Sandstorm who abuse the SpD boost? i don't what else there is, but what kind of abusers?
    Besides T-tar? I think Terrakion, he might be a sweeper but it can take special moves nicely thanks to the sand, Regirock with curse and sand is a huge threat even more in trick room
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Are there any actually effective users of Struggle Bug? I really wish Snarl had been released -_-
    Also, does Snarl reduce the foe's SpA by one or two stages? pretty sure it's one. I've been trying to incorporate Struggle Bug into my team since i already have plenty of burn inducers.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    Are there any actually effective users of Struggle Bug? I really wish Snarl had been released -_-
    Also, does Snarl reduce the foe's SpA by one or two stages? pretty sure it's one. I've been trying to incorporate Struggle Bug into my team since i already have plenty of burn inducers.
    It's one. And I can't think of any good struggle bug users off the bat. It's power is just too low.
    And IIRC, you can breed snarl to certain pokemon through an event Zoruark.

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    It's one. And I can't think of any good struggle bug users off the bat. It's power is just too low.
    And IIRC, you can breed snarl to certain pokemon through an event Zoruark.
    I use Struggle Bug on Eviolite Gligar in UU to hamper special attackers who would try to target its weak point.
    You can.

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    Shuckle, shelmet, butterfree, beedrill, Venomoth, scyther, forretress, dustox, illumise, flygon, wormadam (all forms), vespiquen, drapion, durant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Shuckle, shelmet, butterfree, beedrill, Venomoth, scyther, forretress, dustox, illumise, flygon, wormadam (all forms), vespiquen, drapion, durant.
    None of those work well except for Shuckle and Drapion. Have you ever competitively battled?

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    None of those work well except for Shuckle and Drapion. Have you ever competitively battled?
    They work well in their tier if used correctly.
    Yes.

Gliscor can learn it.. and it benefits from it as it has lower SpD. i just can't think of a viable moveset that includes struggle bug and protect (for Poison Heal).
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

They work well in their tier if used correctly.
    Yes.
    Anything works well in its tier if used correctly. I've swept with a Caterpie before because I used it right. The number of times I've seen that argument is astounding. Some Pokemon just aren't good, and some of them just aren't good at something.

Due to doubt, here are some quickly made examples of viable sets. They are probably not the best possible due to the short time spent thinking about each, but they should be good enough to prove my point.

Shelmet:
        Spoiler:- Shelmet:

Butterfree:
        Spoiler:- Butterfree:

Beedrill:
        Spoiler:- beedrill:

Venomoth:
        Spoiler:- Venomoth:

Scyther:
        Spoiler:- scyther:

Forretress:
        Spoiler:- Forretress:

Dustox:
        Spoiler:- Dustox:

Illumise:
        Spoiler:- Illumise:

Flygon:
        Spoiler:- Flygon:

Wormadam:
        Spoiler:- Wormadam:

Vespiquen:
        Spoiler:- Vespiquen:

Durant:
        Spoiler:- Durant:

Due to doubt, here are some quickly made examples of viable sets. They are probably not the best possible due to the short time spent thinking about each, but they should be good enough to prove my point.

Shelmet:
        Spoiler:- Shelmet:

Butterfree:
        Spoiler:- Butterfree:

Beedrill:
        Spoiler:- beedrill:

Venomoth:
        Spoiler:- Venomoth:

Scyther:
        Spoiler:- scyther:

Forretress:
        Spoiler:- Forretress:

Dustox:
        Spoiler:- Dustox:

Illumise:
        Spoiler:- Illumise:

Flygon:
        Spoiler:- Flygon:

Wormadam:
        Spoiler:- Wormadam:

Vespiquen:
        Spoiler:- Vespiquen:

Durant:
        Spoiler:- Durant:
    All of those Pokemon die in one hit to basically anything with a high-powered move. People don't use them for a reason, and all of those sets are hopeless. Please realize just how certain Pokemon are tailored to specific roles and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    All of those Pokemon die in one hit to basically anything with a high-powered move. People don't use them for a reason, and all of those sets are hopeless. Please realize just how certain Pokemon are tailored to specific roles and that's it.
    I've tried many of them and they work.

Page 178 of 247 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast