Page 179 of 247 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I've tried many of them and they work.
    Logs or it didn't happen. All of those sets are terrible.

Eviolite Gligar seems like the best user of Struggle Bug, because it already has decent special bulk to begin with, and reliable recovery in Roost, and a pretty good defensive typing (i.e. not Bug)

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    Logs or it didn't happen. All of those sets are terrible.

Eviolite Gligar seems like the best user of Struggle Bug, because it already has decent special bulk to begin with, and reliable recovery in Roost, and a pretty good defensive typing (i.e. not Bug)
    It did happen, but I don't use a simulator, implying that there are no logs.

It did happen, but I don't use a simulator, implying that there are no logs.
    252 +1 Atk Swellow Brave Bird vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Shelmet: 77.96% - 91.78%
    Entry hazards damage: 76
    After entry hazards: 313 - 355 (102.96% - 116.78%)

252 -1 SpAtk Life Orb Moltres Flamethrower vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Durant: 292.5% - 345%

252 SpAtk Life Orb Magmortar Fire Blast vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Vespiquen: 102.91% - 121.22%

Yeah, something tells me none of these can face the stronger attackers of their tiers.

252 +1 Atk Swellow Brave Bird vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Shelmet: 77.96% - 91.78%
    Entry hazards damage: 76
    After entry hazards: 313 - 355 (102.96% - 116.78%)

252 -1 SpAtk Life Orb Moltres Flamethrower vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Durant: 292.5% - 345%

252 SpAtk Life Orb Magmortar Fire Blast vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Vespiquen: 102.91% - 121.22%

Yeah, something tells me none of these can face the stronger attackers of their tiers.
    That's because the moves are super effective.
    I wrote "if used correctly", which implies avoiding getting hit by super effective moves and in the case of Durant, avoiding special attacks.

That's because the moves are super effective.
    I wrote "if used correctly", which implies avoiding getting hit by super effective moves and in the case of Durant, avoiding special attacks.
    Magikarp, "If used correctly", can sweep in Ubers. Anything used correctly can be awesome.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Magikarp, "If used correctly", can sweep in Ubers. Anything used correctly can be awesome.
    That's my point.
    You're not using your wall correctly if you let it take super effective hits from powerful pokémon, correctly would be to use (one of) the other wall(s) that were chosen to complement for type weaknesses.

Speaking of using things correctly, why isn't there Quiver Dance on Venomoth? I get the point of it being more of a wall then a sweeper (which I don't think is a good idea), but I think it's still much better than Struggle Bug.
    I'm so broke, I can't even afford a cool signature.

Does anyone know of a generic bulky water counter not named Ferrothorn?
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    "i have claimed metagross. this means nothing. but if you search the really long thread you will see. Metagross accompanying my name." - BritishLanguage

Quote Originally Posted by britishlanguage View Post
    Does anyone know of a generic bulky water counter not named Ferrothorn?
    Aside from Tentacruel, most dislike toxic, so Blissy could work.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

All of those Pokemon die in one hit to basically anything with a high-powered move. People don't use them for a reason, and all of those sets are hopeless. Please realize just how certain Pokemon are tailored to specific roles and that's it.
    Forretress AND Flygon? Try reading.

I'm back, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    People have suggested Whirlwind for my Drapion, but is Whirlwind any different from Roar?
    The only difference I can find is soundproof pokemon aren't effected by Roar, but are by Whirlwind.

People have suggested Whirlwind for my Drapion, but is Whirlwind any different from Roar?
    Not blocked by soundproof.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Follow-up: Can a Drapion actually face ANYTHING that doesn't have a better ability than Soundproof?

I'm back, baby.

Follow-up: Can a Drapion actually face ANYTHING that doesn't have a better ability than Soundproof?
    The most likely Pokemon you'll see with Soundproof are Mr. Mime and Electrode. If you aren't playing in their tier, don't worry about it. Why not just go with Whirlwind to be safe though?

You can read a list of every Pokemon with Soundproof for yourself here.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbiscuit View Post
    Speaking of using things correctly, why isn't there Quiver Dance on Venomoth? I get the point of it being more of a wall then a sweeper (which I don't think is a good idea), but I think it's still much better than Struggle Bug.
    It is a better set than defensive in most situations. But my goal was to find usable sets with struggle bug, not the best sets for pokémon that can learn struggle bug.
    That a pokémon got decent offensive capabilities doesn't mean that its defensive capabilities should be ignored in all situations. One extreme example is Arceus, it got great offense and good stat boosting move(s), but that doesn't make it a bad wall, it can still use iron plate (for toxic immunity) with cosmic power, recover, toxic and seismic toss effectively.

Default Reflect/Light Screen

I've never actually used Light Screen or Reflect. I've only seen them in the BS on Mr. Mimes and Vaporeons I think. So, I guess my question is which pokemon should use Light Screen or Reflect, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Reo View Post
    I've never actually used Light Screen or Reflect. I've only seen them in the BS on Mr. Mimes and Vaporeons I think. So, I guess my question is which pokemon should use Light Screen or Reflect, and why?
    If you want to lead with it and use the screens early, it's good if the pokémon is fast enough to outspeed most taunt users.
    The best users of it should be users that can survive long enough to use them several times, meaning that they should have good bulk before the screens are used and have reliable recovery, one example is meganium, who got good bulk, can use both screens and heal with synthesis.
    Other options are:
    Clefable, Mew, Xatu, Latias, Latios, Torterra, Togekiss, Cresselia, Deoxys(defense).

If you want to lead with it and use the screens early, it's good if the pokémon is fast enough to outspeed most taunt users.
    The best users of it should be users that can survive long enough to use them several times, meaning that they should have good bulk before the screens are used and have reliable recovery, one example is meganium, who got good bulk, can use both screens and heal with synthesis.
    Other options are:
    Clefable, Mew, Xatu, Latias, Latios, Torterra, Togekiss, Cresselia, Deoxys(defense).
    Yeah. Espeon and Azelf are by far the best dual screeners in OU. Venturing into UU, you face things like Deoxys-D and Xatu. In RU, Uxie and Claydol are good choices, and in NU you have Mesprit.

It is a better set than defensive in most situations. But my goal was to find usable sets with struggle bug, not the best sets for pokémon that can learn struggle bug.
    That a pokémon got decent offensive capabilities doesn't mean that its defensive capabilities should be ignored in all situations. One extreme example is Arceus, it got great offense and good stat boosting move(s), but that doesn't make it a bad wall, it can still use iron plate (for toxic immunity) with cosmic power, recover, toxic and seismic toss effectively.
    I get that you made a defensive set, even though that's not the best set it has. You can use Quiver Dance as an improved Struggle Bug; instead of lowering opponent's special attack you are raising your special defense, achieving the same with an added bonus of increasing special attack and speed. Don't you think that's better?
    I'm so broke, I can't even afford a cool signature.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbiscuit View Post
    I get that you made a defensive set, even though that's not the best set it has. You can use Quiver Dance as an improved Struggle Bug; instead of lowering opponent's special attack you are raising your special defense, achieving the same with an added bonus of increasing special attack and speed. Don't you think that's better?
    It's situation based. Struggle bug's effect stick until the opponent returns to the ball, quiver dance lasts until Venomoth returns to the ball.

In general, I think that quiver dance is better for Venomoth, just like I wrote that light screen is better than struggle bug for defensive Scyther. But if I had replaced those moves, they wouldn't be on the list of usable struggle bug users.

Regardless, Struggle Bug isn't that good of a move, and generally speaking the pokemon that could use it either have better moves to use instead, or are so frail it doesn't make a difference.

What's a good spinblocker for a sandstall team? I don't to want to run Jellicent, since I already have Tentacruel and Cradily on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by bugcatchersdream View Post
    What's a good spinblocker for a sandstall team? I don't to want to run Jellicent, since I already have Tentacruel and Cradily on my team.
    Sableye should fit ^^
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

Quote Originally Posted by bugcatchersdream View Post
    Gengar, even though it's offensive, can take calm mind Reuniclus one on one, which is great for a stall team. If you want a more defensive approach, there is also Dusclops, Cofagirus, and Sableye.

Would Bronzong make a good dual screener?
    Generic Signature

Page 179 of 247 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast