Page 180 of 247 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Generic User Name View Post
    Would Bronzong make a good dual screener?
    I've tried it in DW to help Keldeo set up, and it worked well.

Yes, it does, especially if you're using a rain team, though it faces competition with Deoxys-D.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I do believe it would.

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I've tried it in DW to help Keldeo set up, and it worked well.

Yes, it does, especially if you're using a rain team, though it faces competition with Deoxys-D.
    I know that Deoxys D outclasses it, but I specifically need Brozong for this team I am constructing. Thanks for the help, though!
    Generic Signature

I have a Stoutland and she knows Strength because she was the first Pokemon I caught and I used her when I went through Unova. Now I want to replace Strength with somethign since in Black and White after you push a boulder into a hole you no longer need it. So what should I replace it with? I don't like Giga Impact since you have to recharge and I don't like Retaliate since after you use when your partner faints you go back to 70 BP. So, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I have a Stoutland and she knows Strength because she was the first Pokemon I caught and I used her when I went through Unova. Now I want to replace Strength with somethign since in Black and White after you push a boulder into a hole you no longer need it. So what should I replace it with? I don't like Giga Impact since you have to recharge and I don't like Retaliate since after you use when your partner faints you go back to 70 BP. So, thoughts?
    Is your Stoutland friendly with you? If it is, I would suggest Return. At maximum friendliness, it becomes a strong base 102 Normal attack (basically a normal type Earthquake). Frustration is the same thing, only that it hates you a lot.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Easy, Return. 102(IIRC) BP STAB move.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Is your Stoutland friendly with you? If it is, I would suggest Return. At maximum friendliness, it becomes a strong base 102 Normal attack (basically a normal type Earthquake). Frustration is the same thing, only that it hates you a lot.
    I know this is a stupid question but can you explain to me how Happiness works because there's base happiness and I don't understand why there's a base happiness if it can always go up to 250 or whatever.

I also went to the lady in Nacrene and she said its happiness was around 150 then the lady in Icirrus said it was 250+ according to the serebii article. That's kind of where I got confused.

I know this is a stupid question but can you explain to me how Happiness works because there's base happiness and I don't understand why there's a base happiness if it can always go up to 250 or whatever.

I also went to the lady in Nacrene and she said its happiness was around 150 then the lady in Icirrus said it was 250+ according to the serebii article. That's kind of where I got confused.
    You say you've had it the whole game? It should be pretty friendly. Give it return.

If I want to do an Entry Hazard Forretress (but first, good or bad idea?) should I give it 252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 Def?

It's moves would be...

Toxic Spikes
    Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    EXPLOSION!!!

Is that a good idea?

Something like that is the standard spread 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD. You can go specially defensive in which case you the spread you said. Volt Switch or Gyro Ball can work in he last spot as well. You defiantly want a spin blocker on your team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Something like that is the standard spread 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD. You can go specially defensive in which case you the spread you said. Volt Switch or Gyro Ball can work in he last spot as well. You defiantly want a spin blocker on your team as well.
    What's a spin blocker?

What's a spin blocker?
    Any ghost type, really. They block rapid spin, which clears all the hazards off the field, since Rapid spin is a normal-move. Jellicent is a pretty common spin-blocker.

What's a spin blocker?
    Some teams will carry the move rapid spin to remove entry hazards. However, this will fail if Rapid Spin doesn't work. As it's a normal type move, it won't work against ghost types.

Pretty much, it's a ghost type you add to your team to keep your enemy from removing your hazards with rapid spin.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Some teams will carry the move rapid spin to remove entry hazards. However, this will fail if Rapid Spin doesn't work. As it's a normal type move, it won't work against ghost types.

Pretty much, it's a ghost type you add to your team to keep your enemy from removing your hazards with rapid spin.
    OH! PERFECT! I have a Dusclops on my team. Uh... what if it's a double battle? :'D

OH! PERFECT! I have a Dusclops on my team. Uh... what if it's a double battle? :'D
    Entry Hazards are realy seen on Doubles but Duscplos is a solid choice for a Trick Room user
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Yeah, hazards aren't as nearly effective in doubles and also aren't that common.

Thanks anyways.

Are there any abilities that can remove Stealth Rock once it is set up? Or is Rapid Spin the only way?

Not once it has already been set up i'm pretty sure of. Rapid spin is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Are there any abilities that can remove Stealth Rock once it is set up? Or is Rapid Spin the only way?
    Magic Bounce and Magic Coat can prevent it from being set up on your side, and Defog will remove your own hazards you've laid down (lol), but Rapid Spin is currently the only way to remove hazards that are already down.

What Ghost move should I teach Dusclops? I was thinking Shadow Sneak because it has priority. But should I go with Night Shade ((It'll be level 50 when I battle)) or maybe I should go with Shadow Punch because it's stronger.

What Ghost move should I teach Dusclops? I was thinking Shadow Sneak because it has priority. But should I go with Night Shade ((It'll be level 50 when I battle)) or maybe I should go with Shadow Punch because it's stronger.
    I'd say night shade, dusclops isn't going to be doing much damage anyways, as a more defensive poke, and his attacking stats aren't exactly stellar.

If there are spikes and toxic spikes on your side of the field when you use Roost do you get hurt?

If there are spikes and toxic spikes on your side of the field when you use Roost do you get hurt?
    No entry hazards (like the name impplies) will only activate when a Pokemon enters the battlefield
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Yes, you will always receive damage from hazards on the turn when a Pokemon enters unless they are blocked by an ability, an immunity (levitate<spikes), or Rapid Spin
    Generic Signature

Page 180 of 247 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast