Page 180 of 247 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6151

Thread: Ask a Question Thread - READ FIRST POST

  1. #4476
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generic User Name View Post
    Would Bronzong make a good dual screener?
    I've tried it in DW to help Keldeo set up, and it worked well.

    Yes, it does, especially if you're using a rain team, though it faces competition with Deoxys-D.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  2. #4477
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    It's not a question of where
    Posts
    309

    Default

    I do believe it would.


    I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

  3. #4478
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a basket
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I've tried it in DW to help Keldeo set up, and it worked well.

    Yes, it does, especially if you're using a rain team, though it faces competition with Deoxys-D.
    I know that Deoxys D outclasses it, but I specifically need Brozong for this team I am constructing. Thanks for the help, though!
    Generic Signature

  4. #4479
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I have a Stoutland and she knows Strength because she was the first Pokemon I caught and I used her when I went through Unova. Now I want to replace Strength with somethign since in Black and White after you push a boulder into a hole you no longer need it. So what should I replace it with? I don't like Giga Impact since you have to recharge and I don't like Retaliate since after you use when your partner faints you go back to 70 BP. So, thoughts?

  5. #4480
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Up someone's a**crack
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I have a Stoutland and she knows Strength because she was the first Pokemon I caught and I used her when I went through Unova. Now I want to replace Strength with somethign since in Black and White after you push a boulder into a hole you no longer need it. So what should I replace it with? I don't like Giga Impact since you have to recharge and I don't like Retaliate since after you use when your partner faints you go back to 70 BP. So, thoughts?
    Is your Stoutland friendly with you? If it is, I would suggest Return. At maximum friendliness, it becomes a strong base 102 Normal attack (basically a normal type Earthquake). Frustration is the same thing, only that it hates you a lot.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

    [In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

    RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

    RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

  6. #4481
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I have a Stoutland and she knows Strength because she was the first Pokemon I caught and I used her when I went through Unova. Now I want to replace Strength with somethign since in Black and White after you push a boulder into a hole you no longer need it. So what should I replace it with? I don't like Giga Impact since you have to recharge and I don't like Retaliate since after you use when your partner faints you go back to 70 BP. So, thoughts?
    Easy, Return. 102(IIRC) BP STAB move.

  7. #4482
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Is your Stoutland friendly with you? If it is, I would suggest Return. At maximum friendliness, it becomes a strong base 102 Normal attack (basically a normal type Earthquake). Frustration is the same thing, only that it hates you a lot.
    I know this is a stupid question but can you explain to me how Happiness works because there's base happiness and I don't understand why there's a base happiness if it can always go up to 250 or whatever.

    I also went to the lady in Nacrene and she said its happiness was around 150 then the lady in Icirrus said it was 250+ according to the serebii article. That's kind of where I got confused.

  8. #4483
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I know this is a stupid question but can you explain to me how Happiness works because there's base happiness and I don't understand why there's a base happiness if it can always go up to 250 or whatever.

    I also went to the lady in Nacrene and she said its happiness was around 150 then the lady in Icirrus said it was 250+ according to the serebii article. That's kind of where I got confused.
    You say you've had it the whole game? It should be pretty friendly. Give it return.

  9. #4484
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    If I want to do an Entry Hazard Forretress (but first, good or bad idea?) should I give it 252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 Def?

    It's moves would be...

    Toxic Spikes
    Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    EXPLOSION!!!

    Is that a good idea?

  10. #4485
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    Something like that is the standard spread 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD. You can go specially defensive in which case you the spread you said. Volt Switch or Gyro Ball can work in he last spot as well. You defiantly want a spin blocker on your team as well.

  11. #4486
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Something like that is the standard spread 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD. You can go specially defensive in which case you the spread you said. Volt Switch or Gyro Ball can work in he last spot as well. You defiantly want a spin blocker on your team as well.
    What's a spin blocker?

  12. #4487
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    What's a spin blocker?
    Any ghost type, really. They block rapid spin, which clears all the hazards off the field, since Rapid spin is a normal-move. Jellicent is a pretty common spin-blocker.

  13. #4488
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    What's a spin blocker?
    Some teams will carry the move rapid spin to remove entry hazards. However, this will fail if Rapid Spin doesn't work. As it's a normal type move, it won't work against ghost types.

    Pretty much, it's a ghost type you add to your team to keep your enemy from removing your hazards with rapid spin.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  14. #4489
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Some teams will carry the move rapid spin to remove entry hazards. However, this will fail if Rapid Spin doesn't work. As it's a normal type move, it won't work against ghost types.

    Pretty much, it's a ghost type you add to your team to keep your enemy from removing your hazards with rapid spin.
    OH! PERFECT! I have a Dusclops on my team. Uh... what if it's a double battle? :'D

  15. #4490
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    OH! PERFECT! I have a Dusclops on my team. Uh... what if it's a double battle? :'D
    Entry Hazards are realy seen on Doubles but Duscplos is a solid choice for a Trick Room user
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

  16. #4491
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    Yeah, hazards aren't as nearly effective in doubles and also aren't that common.

  17. #4492
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Thanks anyways.

  18. #4493
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maple Valley, WA
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Are there any abilities that can remove Stealth Rock once it is set up? Or is Rapid Spin the only way?

  19. #4494
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    1,955

    Default

    Not once it has already been set up i'm pretty sure of. Rapid spin is the only way.

  20. #4495
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Are there any abilities that can remove Stealth Rock once it is set up? Or is Rapid Spin the only way?
    Magic Bounce and Magic Coat can prevent it from being set up on your side, and Defog will remove your own hazards you've laid down (lol), but Rapid Spin is currently the only way to remove hazards that are already down.

  21. #4496
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    What Ghost move should I teach Dusclops? I was thinking Shadow Sneak because it has priority. But should I go with Night Shade ((It'll be level 50 when I battle)) or maybe I should go with Shadow Punch because it's stronger.

  22. #4497
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    What Ghost move should I teach Dusclops? I was thinking Shadow Sneak because it has priority. But should I go with Night Shade ((It'll be level 50 when I battle)) or maybe I should go with Shadow Punch because it's stronger.
    I'd say night shade, dusclops isn't going to be doing much damage anyways, as a more defensive poke, and his attacking stats aren't exactly stellar.

  23. #4498
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    If there are spikes and toxic spikes on your side of the field when you use Roost do you get hurt?

  24. #4499
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    If there are spikes and toxic spikes on your side of the field when you use Roost do you get hurt?
    No entry hazards (like the name impplies) will only activate when a Pokemon enters the battlefield
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

  25. #4500
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a basket
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    If there are spikes and toxic spikes on your side of the field when you use Roost do you get hurt?
    Yes, you will always receive damage from hazards on the turn when a Pokemon enters unless they are blocked by an ability, an immunity (levitate<spikes), or Rapid Spin
    Generic Signature

Page 180 of 247 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •